Join.me Reviews

Samarah Sardoni | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 17, 2019

Join.me in not resigning your join.me account

Pros and Cons

• Join.me offers several dial-in locations.
  • Join.me screen sharing allows you to transfer the presenter role.
  • Join.me is easy to schedule and the Chrome extension is great if you are the only one using the account.
  • The only way to pass the presenter role is for all parties to have the join.me app downloaded. That isn't always very realistic.
  • I have had several calls where the sound quality is not very good and the call will randomly end.
  • If you have several people logging into the same account (which you probably shouldn't) then the Chrome extension is a terrible idea. I have experienced double-booked meetings before.
Read Samarah Sardoni's full review
Aquinov Mathappan | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 01, 2019

Join.me gets an A+

• User-friendly.
  • Cost-effective.
  • No learning curve.
  • Make it easier to use on mobile apps.
  • Easier installation so it can act as a web add-on.
  • Cheaper options are available.
Read Aquinov Mathappan's full review
Alexander Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 27, 2019

The best alternative, a shame no-one is using it

• Simple to use.
  • The servers seem more robust than Skype's.
  • VPN support.
  • It doesn't have the integration with Outlook that Skype has.
  • It's not as wildly used, despite being easy, therefore familiarity is hard to come by.
  • It can be difficult for newcomers to use.
Read Alexander Cooper's full review
Greg Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 27, 2019

Join.me is a great addition to our Training team

Pros and Cons

• The Join.me app is user-friendly.
  • The Join.me app is intuitive, an example is navigating from assigning someone to take command of the screen is just a click and to retrieve control back is also just a click.
  • The connectivity and setting up meetings is practically done for you...copy and paste the link in an email for the fellow participants to join and connect.
  • I don't have any input on this. I've been happy with everything thus far.
Read Greg Smith's full review
Maximus Mednick | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Janky Wi-Fi and crappy mobile? Join.me's got you, fam

• Screen sharing.
  • Global toll-free telephony.
  • Product integration.
  • There are no shortcomings in this product, at least for our team. It's a perfect fit. I don't have to think about it. It's a perfect fit. I don't have to think about it.
Read Maximus Mednick's full review
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 17, 2019

Doesn't require attendees to download a plugin, so makes starting meetings faster and easier

Pros and Cons

• Most importantly, it's very quick and easy for companies to join. You have a custom URL and you just tell them to go there and follow the directions.
  • They do NOT have to download a plugin to see your screen, which makes things a LOT easier. They only have to download the plugin if you want to have them share their screen or give them mouse control.
  • It loads pretty quickly and has a lot of local numbers, typically the directions are clear and clients don't have trouble joining.
  • Occasionally I have clients who have difficulty joining, I think it may be due to a technical glitch so I'm looking into that.
  • As with any screen sharing, sometimes the image lags a lot if either party has a slow internet connection.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Ashia Ackov | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 16, 2019

Have you tried Join.me for your meetings?

Pros and Cons

• They offer a free trial version for you to try before you even decide if it's right for you. But they also have 3 great packages to believe in. We are using the Pro Version, which is right in the middle.
  • You can host video conferences and record them for team members that couldn't make the meeting.
  • We can instantly have reports converted to Excel.
  • Honestly, There is nothing I can say negative at the moment. I actually forgot to mention they also have an option for Toll-free calling. You would have to have the OpenVoice before you use it to connect, but it is available if needed.
Read Ashia Ackov's full review
Maura Kelly | TrustRadius Reviewer

Join.Me Positive Review

• Ability to call in via phone or VOIP
  • Ability to share screens
  • Ability to record meetings
  • Ability to include international dial-in numbers
  • Join.me could add additional countries of coverage for their local dial-in numbers (like Egypt, UAE, and other middle-eastern countries).
  • Join.me could create the ability to export the attendee list in 1 click.
Read Maura Kelly's full review
Mark Malone | TrustRadius Reviewer

Time to JOIN UP with Join.me

Pros and Cons

• Helpful in introducing a new program or spreadsheet.
  • We can show the implementation and use of new and existing programs.
  • Allows ease of communication with off-site and satellite offices.
  • I have not really noticed any specific issues with using Join.me thus far.
  • I have had some sound quality issues on a couple of occasions, but I cannot directly attribute that to the Join.me software.
Read Mark Malone's full review
Cindy Arco | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 09, 2019

You'll want to Join(.me) in!

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use - the Join.me product and platform are very easy to use, even if it is someone's first time.
  • Trial option - the company offers a free trial option, which is great if a company isn't sure how it would work for them - they can test it out without making an investment.
  • Help section - the company's help section is really useful and it's fairly easy to search if you need help figuring something out.
  • No password protection - you can't protect a meeting with a password that you only share with intended participants. Instead, participants have to "knock" to be let in - but that means someone has to be on the lookout for those requests.
  • Limits to the whiteboard - the whiteboard functionality is limited to tablets, which is a bummer if you have many participants on their work desktop computers or laptops.
  • Screen sharing - sometimes it won't work on particular browsers.
Read Cindy Arco's full review
William Houck | TrustRadius Reviewer

Join.me Review

Pros and Cons

• It's easy to find the link to join and number to dial. Unlike some screen shares that are impossible to get in to.
  • I have a lot of issues when people join. Sometimes it takes 15 min for people to get in and that takes up a lot of time in our meetings.
Read William Houck's full review
November 11, 2019

Join me in a meeting any time, anywhere

Pros and Cons

• Easy to get potential clients on the demonstration from their site.
  • User-friendly platform.
  • Customized emails to send over to people with calendar invites attached as well.
  • Lag time - I understand it depends on the internet access by both parties but either way can be extremely frustrating.
  • Recording a demonstration could be easier.
September 14, 2019

Join.me packs the bang in the buck.

Pros and Cons

• Users don't need to install software to join a meeting. This is a tremendous asset. We are able to just send a link to a customer and they can click to join.
  • Join.me can record a video of the meeting.
  • Excellent control over the group. You mute individuals or the whole group and share the presenter role quickly.
  • Lags *IF* the guest has a poor internet connection and you are doing audio + screen share through the computer. If you do audio via the phone then it's not an issue. By "lag" I meant that when you show a slide, the guest may be seeing the prior slide for a few seconds.
  • Lags when you have a large audience. Once I ran a webinar with 200+ people join and once I got past 75 guests people were not able to connect to me anymore.
September 13, 2019

Worth using when collaborating

• No installation requirements
  • Multi platform support
  • Low bandwidth requirements
  • Ease of use
  • Good support
  • Sometimes configuring custom setups has been troublesome on users' machines (weird mic setups etc)
August 29, 2019

Join Join.me and you’ll never have to worry about your meeting tool ever again

Pros and Cons

• Screen sharing capabilities.
  • More browser connection options.
  • Reliable technology (100pct up time for me, always).
  • It never drops calls.
  • It's easy to use.
  • Ease of use for the mobile app is the only thing I could think of that could be improved a bit in terms of stability, but it’s more the phone service and internet connection that impacts this than the application issues themselves.
  • It reduces our license fee.
Gwen Pierre | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2019

Grab a meeting - QUICK!

• Quick launch - start your meeting with your custom URL at a moments notice
  • Good audio - join using your computer audio to be 'in the meeting' quickly with clear tones
  • Quick join - join.me saves your most frequently joined meetings in the modal, so you can type in a colleagues name to jump on their meeting right away.
  • First-time download - sometimes our customers have trouble joining that first meeting and since I can't see what they see, I don't know how to help.
Read Gwen Pierre's full review
Lindsey Stevens | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 09, 2018

In a saturated market, Join.me stands out with personalization options

Pros and Cons

• Join.me has a lot of personalization touches I haven't seen in a lot of other audio conferencing software. It allows you to have a personalized background for viewers to see while they are waiting for you to share your screen which I like.
  • Join.me makes it easy to add international dial-in numbers which has come in handy when working on a global level.
  • Join.me's audio quality is pretty good- it occasionally will drop people from a call, but I don't think this happens any more often than any other conferencing software.
  • We use Join.me in conjunction with DocSend- this integration is very poor and only works 2/3rds of the time. When I am using DocSend and I push the button to switch to the Join.me screenshare the load time is very slow and it's always and awkward waiting time on a call for the screen to switch.
  • Oftentimes when I switch my screen the attendee says all they see is the loading screen, not what I'm sharing. We then have to spend 5 min troubleshooting and trying to get it to work.
  • The audio conferencing will occasionally drop people randomly, though I wouldn't say this happens any more so than any other conferencing vendor.
Read Lindsey Stevens's full review

High quality audio (48)
High quality video (50)
Low bandwidth requirements (42)
Mobile support (25)
Desktop sharing (55)
Whiteboards (21)
Calendar integration (38)
Meeting initiation (48)
Integrates with social media (12)
6.0
Record meetings / events (40)
Slideshows (22)
Live chat (44)
Audience polling (12)
Q&A (15)
User authentication (33)
Participant roles & permissions (38)
Confidential attendee list (24)

About Join.me

join.me from LogMeIn is an audio, video, and web conferencing tool targeted at SMBs. Its software can be used across various devices and includes features such as one-click scheduling, personal links, interactive whiteboards, and presenter swapping.

Pricing for join.me is based on the number of users, per month, billed annually. It starts with a Lite version of the product which is available for $10 per user a month. Its next pricing tier is its PRO offering at $20 per user a month. Its third tier, named BUSINESS, is $30 per user a month. The main differentiators between the pricing tiers are how many participants you’d like to have in your conferences, the number of available streams, recording options, scheduling management, SSO, and cloud storage capabilities.

Distinctive Features

Mobile Apps & Whiteboarding
join.me meetings can be hosted or joined from iPad®, iPhone®, and Android devices. There is also a join.me Mobile Whiteboard for iPad and iPhone app that allows participants to collaborate in real-time, even with participants on desktop devices.

Presenter swap & Screen Sharing
Participants can take turns presenting their screens. Each participant currently in the presenter role can then switch off to any other participant in the meeting or conference to allow them to share their screen. With join.me PRO, users can share their screens with up to 50 people.

Join.me Integrations