Reviews (1-25 of 42)
- Timely reminders of when checklists need to be executed; The team is alerted audibly and visually when checklists are coming due or when they are past due.
- Customized text message confirmations when audits are completed/incomplete; This feedback closes the loop with the Management Team confirming the status of the required daily checklists/audits.
- Documented proof of completion through photos; Checklist questions/items can be setup to require photos to be taken as visual evidence that a task was completed. This adds a check-and-balance feature that deters pencil whipping tasks and eases the burden on the Management Team when it comes to auditing compliance and driving accountability.
- Remote printing from any device setup with Jolt; We have iPads throughout the restaurant communicating real-time information with various functions within the store. It is very convenient when a Team Member in one department can print on the device in front of them, while calling out to another Team Member to retrieve labels from the printer when on their way to assist with a job function.
- We would love to see a "favorites" icon that can be enabled for any label. We have dozens of labels specific to products/processes that are grouped within a multitude of categories. If one is not familiar with which category a label is stored, it requires the use of the search function in Jolt (which is definitely a nice feature and great time saver). However, we were able to create a category called "favorites" and duplicated our frequently used labels into this location for ease of access.
- Task list are easily used
- Scheduling is easy, changing templates is a plus as business needs change
- Easy to publish or unpublish if shifts need adjusting
- Would like to see more than 1 week to do the schedule
- App access to previous reports
- Check lists.
- Temperature sensors.
- Training videos.
- Access to company recipes and procedures.
- Temperature log recording.
- Check lists empowers employees to manage own time because job descriptions and requirements are laid out.
- Temperature sensors leaves me free to focus on other priorities, alerting me when there is a problem.
- Company library all employees can access what and how of our company.
- Checklists sometimes lag after checking off. Could be sped up.
- Providing a dating system at the touch of button that is standardized
- Allows us to monitor tends with our refrigeration units so we can identify issues early
- Provide a scheduling systems that has multiple functions
- The communication system build into jolt could stand to have more robust and user friendly
- Allow for broader manipulation of the scheduling system to include cross department interaction
- Allow the use of imbedded hyperlinks when using task lists.
- Business/exec support
- Customer support and response time
- Offering more training tailored to our time zone
- Very easy to set up.
- Extremely flexible/customizable.
- Simple to use considering all it does.
- Remote temperature monitoring.
- Wifi monitor for cooler temperatures goes offline occasionally.
- Would like to be able to remove lines from a log that are not always applicable rather than entering an N/A.
- LABELS: food safety always because shelf life is always to spec.
- CHECKLISTS: daily and recurring tasks always in front of leadership and the team - accountability to perform is extremely important.
- COMMUNICATION: message blasts ensure all get messages and they know it's from work. Information store provides for centralized, always available "tribal knowledge" which means knowledge is in the hands of all not a few.
- SENSORS: have saved much money and eliminated the headaches of failed refrigeration equipment. Great for health dept audits and more importantly Food Safety.
- TEMPERATURE PROBE: save time and money with electronic measuring, capturing, and workflow as it regards the multiple time daily task of taking food temps.
- Message Blasts would be better if attachments could be included.
- Information being searchable would make for a powerful knowledge-base.
- Removing the 300 character messsge length from Message Blast would be helpful.
- Having A=announcements available without the requirement of having to use the timekeeping system.
- Enhancing platform stability pertaining to Zebra printers would be appreciated.
- Sensor/hub communication stability can be improved.
- Sensor/hub communication distance can be improved.
- Custom lists for food safety that are easily adjusted.
- Creates a one-stop-shop for food safety and shift management.
- Easy to train employees. Jolt is easy to teach managers to use.
- The Jolt support team is a huge help.
- Manage sub-lists easier. We have so many sub-lists it is easy for managers to miss items.
- Create standard food safety reports - 60 days. We can always create additional reports if needed.
Time recording with clock-in photo to verify employee's location. Jolt also interfaces with QuickBooks for payroll. The most valuable tool are shift lists. This ensures tasks are completed on each shift in a timely manner. Lists identify who actually completes each item on each list. Lists also allow employees to note deficiencies with previous shifts, needed material which generate emails to management. We use incident reporting, alcohol incident reporting, employee tardy - no show reporting. This stores records for HR purposes as well as regulatory inspections. (Health Department, Liquor Commission, etc.) We use the employee scheduling feature with ease. Employees are able to request time off or swap shifts on their own. Another valuable feature are the temperature sensors in all of our equipment. This sends text messages and emails when temps are out of range. Employee contact information is also available to selected users which allows ease of contact.
I'm sure I am missing other features that we use but am extremely satisfied with this most valuable service.
- We have created very detailed lists to ensure nothing gets forgotten or overlooked. This also helps with holding employees accountable for required duties.
- Temperature sensors have saved us from losing product when our cooler failed.
- Reports for employee issues, injury/incident reports and alcohol logs allow for reporting to authorities with detailed reports.
- QuickBooks interface saves considerable time each week.
- Time Clock feature requires employee to take photo of location when clocking in/out.
- I'm at a loss here. Technical support has always been there to assist. Usually user error.
- Proper Documentation
- Can use for a large amount of employees.
- Can be laggy
- Looks like it was designed for older technology, but those are only looks.
- Tech Support on the ball with any problems brought to them.
- Compatibility with label printer makes for fast and convenient in restaurants.
- Ability to assign roles and lists to specific people.
- Notifications via email or text based on lists being completed, late, etc.
- When creating a new Content Group, all lists have to be remade manually.
- Label maker printer only works through 2.4 G wifi through the app despite being 5G capable.
- Syncing from iPad to iPad doesn't always work quickly if in iPad hadn't been used recently. There's no sync in the background.
- Great scheduling software
- Real time monitoring of refrigeration
- Create task lists
- Employee real time shift notification could use some kind of verification that it was sent
- Scheduling software integration with POS vendors
- Access to the schedule across many devices
- Automatic updates to the team
- Flexibility to add as many variations to job functions in real time
- Allow more flexibility for TimeOff function, now limited to minimum of before the week begins
- Allow training access on mobile devices
- Allow a 'sandbox' feature for creating an initial schedule
- Keeps the business organized with all the checklists and SOPs
- Great training tool
- Keeps employees responsible
- The process of adding photos into lists takes awhile. Takes multiple steps. It would be nice just to upload/drop a photo right into the item/list.
- Would be nice to add multiple photos into one item.
- Drop lists are an awesome addition to make records easier to navigate.
- Corrective action automation is also a great recent addition.
- The customer service is very helpful and responsive.
- Need a "if this, then that" feature that goes beyond the yes/no options.
- Would like the capability to upload pictures rather than having to take them at the time.
- Support team.
- Time clock.
- Initial set-up time.
- Maintenance and upkeep.
- Inventory tracking.
- Scheduling/time cards.
- Employee evaluations.
- Training documents.
- Incident reports.
- Day to day operations.
- Employee discipline.
- Product labeling.
- Staff scheduling.
- Instructional information.
- Staff communications.
- Reporting and analysis.
- Integration with our POS system.
- Easy to use and set up
- Customizable to any business
- Faster Updates
- Ability to connect to payroll service
- Connectivity between time clock and checklists
- Storage of training videos
- Tracking of cooler and freezer temps with alerts for threshold variance
- Monitoring and reporting on daily/weekly activities
- Label printer software updates for better optimization
- Easy to use
- Great support and training team
- I wish that the daily checklists would be emailed as a PDF file.
- "Use by" and "Expiration" labels
- Reports for tracking checklist completion rates
- Printer connectivity with iPad
- The scheduling piece of Jolt is very user friendly.
- The labeling system for food and beverage department has been a game changer for us.
- Jolt is very user friendly.
- Jolt tends to have a long load time when creating a new list item. For example, you click the plus button to add a new list and it will go to a loading screen for a minute our two before moving to the next screen. It does not give a time out error it just takes a bit to load. I find this tends to happen during normal business hours and not so much an issue when using it on nights and weekends.
- Jolt does not integrate with our payroll system, so we could not use the time keeping piece of Jolt. I believe this is more of an issue with the payroll system than an issue with Jolt.
- Customer support
- Environmentally efficient
- Easy to access
- There is not a consistent contact. We have had four representatives in 6 months.
- To update a list, it takes many steps and can take a long time to update.
I have been researching companies in this space for 5 years and Jolt is the only company that has been able to provide a solution for all the problems we were looking to solve. On top of that, their Dev Team was willing to work with us on solutions that would improve our experience.
- Multifaceted Solutions: temperature sensors for food service, Digital Walks for any other business. You can take Jolt's tools and customize them to improve your business, give you better insights into your company, and make changes and improvements faster.
- Customer Support: I'm being sincere in saying that I haven't worked with a better group of people who were seriously committed to my Company's success.
- Constantly Improving: The company is continually moving forward with features that add to their current solutions and improve them.
- Pricing: You aren't going to find better pricing on the software or the hardware.
- Development Sprints: They are always improving, but the speed to the deployment of features could be faster.
- Customization: The Dashboard is solid, but being able to brand the back end to look more like my company would help me gain buy-in from all department heads and help integrate Jolt further into the company.
Jolt Scorecard Summary
What is Jolt?
Jolt is designed to solve the challenges that restaurant owners face, aiming to improve daily operations and food safety compliance. Powered by a digital checklist platform that features integrated kitchen hardware, corrective actions, and custom notifications, Jolt delivers individual employee accountability, visibility into store performance, and accurate food safety records. Over 15,000 customers in 50+ countries have leveraged Jolt to complete more than 1 Billion tasks.
Jolt Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
Jolt Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Jolt Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, Chinese|