JotForm Reviews

Marin Asher | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

It just doesn't get any easier!

JotForm has many different uses in our company. We started using it as a contact form for our website, but switched to a different system for that. Then we started using it to gather information from our new employees to get to know them on a more personal level by asking about what they like to do outside of work and where they grew up. Most recently it allowed us to create an RSVP to our company party. I've also created forms for people to fill out on an iPad in order to enter a drawing at our booth at a trade show, so instead of collecting business cards, we can collect their information directly into a spreadsheet. It helps save us time and keep us organized.
  • Free if you stay within the limitations
  • Doesn't always work well resizing when embedded on a website
  • Alignment and spacing can be tricky to adjust if you don't like the default
You could really benefit from using this if you are a small business or nonprofit who needs a simple form to send out or embed on a website. If you aren't tech-savvy, but you want to gather information from clients, supporters or employees and keep it all in one place, this will work well for you. It's more flexible as far as design that Google Forms and gives you a lot more capabilities if you need PayPal features. It has a lot of widgets that can be added in. I can't think of an instance where it wouldn't be a good fit for someone. JotForm may not work for someone who is looking for a form to put on their website but does not want to use an iframe.
Read Marin Asher's full review
Rachel Garwood | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 28, 2020

Jotform is a great form builder with great customization and form building options!

I help run a bulk food store, and we use JotForm to place online orders and reserve products for in-store pickup. It is being used across the whole organization and is a very helpful and easy way for people to communicate back and forth with our store about what they would like to purchase and what we need to reserve for them when they arrive to pick up!
  • Easy to embed into our website.
  • Can collect payment right from the form.
  • Detailed and customizable emails with submission/order details.
  • Lots of field options for form (radio buttons, checkboxes, long response boxes, short response boxes, etc.).
  • Limited number of forms a user can create unless on the Gold Plan.
  • It was hard to turn off the form branding; I had to look up instructions online to finally find the checkbox in settings to turn it off.
  • Customer Support can take several days to get back to you when opening a question.
I would highly recommend JotForm if asked by a colleague. It is a very handy and easy to navigate/build forms for use. The best part is that I was able to embed my form right into my website with a quick copy and paste. We offer a lot of different ordering options through our online store, and Jotform always had a way to make it possible to offer the different order options we needed. I did feel that it took some time to navigate and learn the system, but once I figured it out and started building forms for our store, it got easier and flowed more quickly.
Read Rachel Garwood's full review
Boone DeShano | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2020

Great for converting paper forms to digital!

We use JotForm for collecting information from sales agents and customers on our website. We've also used it to reduce our reliance on paper forms and collect information from the field that is shared immediately with our office staff. A good example of this is supervisors are able to fill out material order requests on their iPads and submit them for review by out staff.
  • Large amount of form field types available.
  • Unique field types such as the table, something the other products we tried didn't have.
  • Saved responses that can be edited later.
  • The PDF editor is buggy.
  • Setup for editable responses is a bit cumbersome, but does work well once set up.
  • Some form fields could use more customization, using CSS is difficult.
JotForm works really well for businesses attempting to transition away from paper forms. Other products we tried simply didn't have the field options to cover what was currently on our paper forms. JotForm also has options to condense answers onto customizable reports instead of pre-formatted print-outs that span multiple pages.

I would say JotForm is less suited for someone to just wants to put a quick poll online or have a super easy to use form setup on their website. In that instance I would check out a product like Typeform or Google Forms.
Read Boone DeShano's full review
Kelton Hays | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

Great for getting information from employees!

Our entire organization uses JotForm. We use it as a communication tool between our employees and different administrative departments. Our Finance Department uses JotForm the most in terms of numbers of forms and numbers of submissions.

Jotform helps us collect information and requests from our staff in a standardized and centralized manner. We have created a JotForm for any request that happens regularly or any information submitted on a regular basis.
  • Easy form builder.
  • Good centralization of past submitted forms.
  • Would be nice to be able to collect SPII and SPFII information using JotForm.
  • Some functionality of switching between form submissions is lacking.
Jotform is a great tool for organizations to use to collect standard information or receive standard requests from end-users.
Read Kelton Hays's full review
Nathan Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2020

JotForm Makes Complex Forms Simple

We use JotForm to conduct surveys, collect documents via form, RSVP forms for events, and as web forms on our various websites. JotForm makes implementing forms so easy because auto-responders can be built with just a few clicks, responses can be displayed in real-time as a web page or downloaded as an Excel file or pdf, etc. It has allowed us to implement complex forms that include conditional logic, multiple pages, forms via card, etc. The forms can accept payments and the input is SSL encrypted both during transfer and while the data is at rest. Accomplishing all of this functionality by coding it on our own would be hugely expensive and consume enormous time resources.
  • Complex forms can be built in minutes.
  • Dozens of widgets easily extend functionality.
  • User management is a mess. We bought a license for multiple users, but even after working with tech support gave up and we all use the same login.
  • While JotForm has extensive tools for formatting without coding, you're probably going to have to learn some CSS to get the forms to look exactly how you want.
JotForm allows you to build beautiful, responsive, complex forms without coding. Seriously, it turns a lowly web developer into a form-building machine. They make it really simple to build the forms, test them, and add them to your website if desired, or they can stand on their own and you share them via a link. Pricing is based on the number of responses you receive (tiers), so keep that in mind if you anticipate a high response rate but have a limited budget. This is a very mature platform. Even so, they are constantly adding useful features. If you need a form on your website that auto responds to submitters, makes retrieving submissions easy, and is secure, JotForm is an excellent choice.
Read Nathan Roberts's full review
Grace Cartwright Aspinwall | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

JotForm increases our client engagement!

I use JotForm to collect client questionnaires and information to be used for blogging purposes. It streamlines our process and makes it easily accessible to everyone working on a project or website to see the answers and utilize them. Previously, we were doing everything through email, and it was clunky and hard to manage. Clients didn't reply, and we never received the answers we needed on time. Now, clients are easily able to click through our individualized links and fill it out right away. It has increased our productivity and saved a lot of time.
  • Ease of use: it's a very simple platform. Even a new user can figure it out.
  • Good support. When we have issues, they are easy to reach and help.
  • Occasionally, when more than one of us logs in, it kicked one of us out.
  • The unique links are hard to find once you've made edits.
For us, collecting client data is the ideal scenario to use it, and it works very smoothly. If you are trying to make changes and edits often, JotForm can be a bit clunky, and you would have to create multiple questionnaires, which can be time-consuming. I recommend this for people who are using questionnaires that may stay the same for a length of time.
Read Grace Cartwright Aspinwall's full review
Stephen Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 15, 2020

JotForm Review

We use Jotform for contact forms, lead generation forms, landing pages and so on. It's an easy way to duplicate commonly used forms and create new ones, sending them live, organizing answers and submissions as opposed to coding something up ourselves that we'd have to write, fix, debug and maintain.
  • Jotform makes it very easy to create forms that you'd otherwise have to code yourself.
  • It does a great job of organizing the answers.
  • It does a great job of integrating easily with other software (CRM, email, etc).
  • I hope the continue to expand their integration options, especially with email marketing providers.
  • I wish it was a bit easier to design all aspects of the form.
  • I hope the continue to make the scripts speedy and lightweight so it doesn't slow down a website.
A lot of the forms have the same basic functionality - a suite of software they natively integrate with, freemium and various pricing plans, ways to track submissions and functionality on how you can design the form to fit your brand. In my opinion, using Jotform versus one of their competitors just comes down to which pricing model works for you and which other platforms do you need it to integrate with.
Read Stephen Steinberg's full review
Madeline Simpson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Limitless capabilities with JotForm Fields and Widgets!

We currently use JotForm as our form builder of choice for those clients who do not have a form builder already, or for those who do not have accurate/complete tracking features with their current form builder. As a marketing agency, it is so important for us to be able to identify where all leads come from, so that we know where to spend more marketing dollars. The tracking widgets available in JotForm allow us to do that and more!
  • Analytics
  • Custom Field Types
  • Styling
  • Tutorials/ Knowledge Base
We currently recommend and implement JotForm for virtually all of our agency clients as it is the most comprehensive form builder with near limitless capabilities. From building simple 'Contact Us' forms, to in-depth application forms, JotForm allows us to create it all.
Read Madeline Simpson's full review
Daniel Porter | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

JotForm--A life-saver

I have been having problems with my website, and by pure chance I found JotForm. It's so easy to use and it is free for 100 submissions and 5 forms so I won't have to pay to use it until my business grows. For any problems, I just email the team and they reply within an hour or two, usually even on a Sunday.
  • Templates
  • Great customer support
  • Small usage is free
  • Good for new businesses
  • Could make PDF form all capitals (emailed customer service already)
  • cant change the font size
  • Can't attach a second signature to the PDF
JotForm is just everything I needed at a time when I was stressed about not having a solution for how my clients could apply for my services. This was just a lifesaver and we are currently trying to use it in conjunction with the website because it's so simple and works so well--it's so easy to download the submissions
Read Daniel Porter's full review
April 29, 2020

Customize Complex or Simple Forms with Ease

I’m the primary user of JotForm at our company; however, a number of folks have decided to get their own accounts as well over the past year. The primary purpose that we have selected and continue to use JotForm is that it allows us to create professional processes and systems that allow the staff to spend their time more efficiently all while using a friendly user interface. To give a current example: As you can imagine, in the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of events that we organize have been canceled or postponed. With these situations, our team must work with the hundreds of exhibitors for each show to determine how their payments will be allocated (toward a virtual trade show, toward next year’s show, as a refund, or a combination of these options depending on the client’s direction). Rather than sending out an email and then having our staff collect emails and compile information, we’ve developed a form template that we clone and then customize for each show. When we send the initial email explaining the options, we then include a custom link/button directing them to the form with the company name we have on file in the “Company Name” field of the form. Depending on their allocation selection, additional questions may appear. Depending on various responses, customize confirmations are sent to the exhibitors when the form is submitted. Likewise, custom notifications are sent to our team. The information is also fed into a Google Sheet. We’ve also added another sheet within the google workbook, which has all of the companies listed. Using the Company Name in the form response tab and the company names in the second tab, we were able to pull over responses. This has allowed us to see who has and, at times more importantly, who has not responded. Having all of this information in one place will allow our accounts team to be able to more easily allocate the funds of the hundreds of exhibitors.

• Integrations: Being able to integrate with the Google Suite, various CRMs, or collect payments with any number of vendors is excellent!
  • Conditional Rules: Being able to show/hide, require/un-require questions, send specific emails, and calculating values based on responses is a game-changer for me.
  • Easy User Interface: Building forms in JotForms is very intuitive.
  • Support: Getting support is easy whether it's via the forum or by submitting a help ticket.
  • Customized Appearance: They've really improved this over the past 6 years, but I wish there were more capabilities when it comes to organizing the form questions.
  • Display of HTML Code: I am charged with updating websites for events. We use the same format for all shows so built a form to help generate HTML code. It worked perfectly, but after a few months there was a change at JotForm and now the code will not display
  • Price Structure: The form limits are lifetime instead of monthly or annually, which may prove problematic for longtime users who do not want to delete forms they made previously.
JotForm is very versatile. I've made forms with over 100 fields (many hidden) and others that were only 3 fields. In my last position, I had the free account so I was limited to creating 5 forms. I chose to use JotForm for the more involved forms that were used with the external partners and left the streamlined and internal forms to Google Forms.
January 29, 2020

Good for Customized Forms!

We use JotForm to get reference forms filled out. I believe we are the only department within our organization that uses JotForm, but others may use it. It is a quick way to get responses to numerous questions that we ask references. It saves us time, so we don't have to call references.
  • Ability to build logic into the form
  • Ability to clone a form and do the appropriate revision
  • There have been useful improvements over the last few years. Can't think of any weaknesses.
If you want to do more analytic surveys that will involve converting data to graphs, etc., a person would probably be better off to use Survey Monkey or other survey software. It is excellent for getting responses from people and keeping the responses organized with the ability to download them and save them to your computer.
March 13, 2020

Quality product for the money

Our company uses JotForm for our remote sales team to send over sales leads to our corporate office. It makes sure that we gather the correct information and it simplifies the entire process. We are able to quickly transfer information to our data base and close leads effectively.
  • Fast.
  • Simple.
  • We can't put our logo on our page.
JotForm is perfect for any type of business that needs customers or employees to fill out customizable forms quickly and efficiently. It helped us cut down on incorrect and missing data.
Richard Peterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

JotForm went from a band-aid to our go-to info gathering solution

We use JotForm to integrate data collection into our websites that are older and do not offer a form application in the product base. JotForm is a seamless way to collect data at a minimum of expense and without having to upgrade our websites CMS.
  • The ability to create as many different collection forms and databases as we need is important to us.
  • I like how easy it is to teach new hires how to use this tool. With our turnover in lower-level positions it is important that new hires can get up and running fast.
  • The training resources could use shorter, single-subject videos. Some of them are way too long and could be broken up into shorter, FAQ based info.
  • Adding users is very easy, but I think updating people's level of access could be expedited.
We feel JotForm is great to our older websites where forms generation and data collection are not a standard feature of the CMS. It was started to be used as a band-aid and has turned into our go-to source for quick data collection efforts. I wish there was more flexibility in the templates to the pages in JotForm look more like our website templates so the visitor thinks they are still on our website. It would enhance the UX.
Read Richard Peterson's full review
Susan Hammiche | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2019

Get your customers' feedback with easy built forms

JotForm is a software that has the ability to create highly functional professional online forms and then can be integrated with social media and websites. It is mainly used by the marketing department to collect customer and potential customer information that can be used for newsletters and other marketing strategies. It makes it also easy to create surveys to get feedback from users.
  • Create surveys for collecting feedback.
  • Create forms to collect information.
  • Integrate with other application to import information and use it.
  • Easy-to-use interface.
  • Encrypt data for security.
  • Text size cannot be changed currently.
  • Designing the form is still limited.
  • Customer service is lacking a little bit in resolving issues.
It is well suited if you are looking to collect feedback from your customers, for example on recent events or on products sold to them. It also works great to collect sign-ups for a newsletter or other email lists to contact customers on a regular basis. Even though data is encrypted it should not be used to collect personal information that could be misused.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Lisa LaGrou | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 31, 2019

Using JotForm saves us time

We run a website that lists all the fun events in the area. We get a lot of traffic, so we get many businesses submitting events to us. It was way too difficult to manage all the press releases that came in, written in different fashions, lengthy, etc. We had our web manager set us up with Jot Form. Now, we created a form for these people to fill it out. It has saved us so much time because now all the event info comes to us in our format and ready to be posted!
  • I appreciate the online chat support.
  • They offer a free version for small companies.
  • Building the forms is very easy!
  • I wish there was more flexibility with the monthly submissions. I never reach the limit, until one month when things got busy. It locked people out of entering submissions. Fortunately, they helped me out once I contacted the live chat.
It's easy to use, solves problems, and is affordable.
Read Lisa LaGrou's full review
August 09, 2019

Easy to use and set up, with a small learning curce

We use JotForm in conjunction with another service to run a customer database for our company. This is being used across the company to ensure all customer information is accurate and up-to-date. We have used another form filling solution, which really limited what we could do with the forms - JotForm allows for us to expand our functionality into an aspect of the business that we would have never thought of while we were using the old form filling solution. JotForm is easy to set up and get started, but there is a little bit of a learning curve for some of the more 'advanced' features of JotForm, but once you learn the techniques, it really empowers you as a user and allows for more functionality and features that you would never even know you would need.
  • Conditional formatting.
  • Powerful widgets.
  • Payment provider integration.
  • Heavy personalization.
  • Free Usage (Monthly Submissions, Form View, etc.) is too low.
  • Only allows 10 Payment Submissions with the free account - Form submissions (100) and payment submissions should be the same.
  • Form fields in the builder needs better descriptions and directions.
Way more features than Google Forms - way more customization, and you're not locked into only one column of form fields in the form. Great conditional formatting allows for certain files to be hidden until another field meets certain criteria - allowing only field relevant to the end-user to be shown, and not all of them.
Ember Ferrantino | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2019

JotForm Makes Creating Forms Simple and Analyzing Data Easy

We are an app development company who needed a way to easily create forms to capture the information of app users. JotForm was used exclusively by our marketing and account management departments. Before JotForm, we didn't have a way to capture this information in an efficient way, nor run reports to see key analytics.
  • It's super simple and quick to get a new form up and running.
  • Numerous form options and components make it possible to create a form just to do about anything.
  • Exporting and reporting options are robust, allowing you to easily manipulate and analyze your submission data.
  • Contacting customer service isn't the easiest. They don't have a phone number. You have to submit a ticket to a forum-type place and wait for a response.
  • The price and submission count difference between gold and platinum level is ridiculous. If I remember right, you have to jump from 100,000 to 1,000,000 submissions and the price difference is $100/mo. Needs to be an intermediate step between the two.
JotForm is great in situations where you need to build forms, simple or complex, easily and quickly. If you have a need for more than 100,000 form submissions per month, you may want to look at other platforms, as it gets very pricey at that level.
Read Ember Ferrantino's full review
Jen Garfinkel-Canseco | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2019

JotForm - Easy Hosted Forms

I've used JotForm as both a standalone form for custom form generation for special projects, as well as forms used with hosted web solutions that did not have form options. JotForm is an excellent hosted form solution for any organization. From simple basic forms to complex, detailed forms with many variations, JotForm provides an excellent product.
  • Easy to use with drag and drop features as well as excellent instructions should you need something a little more advanced.
  • Tons of ways to extend and really create complex forms with conditions and logic.
  • The forms look nice. They have nice templates that are modern looking and responsive!
  • Reasonably priced.
  • Although the templates available are nice looking, extended customization of the look and design just isn't fully there yet.
  • Would like to see customer service improve.
  • Better communication from JotForm regarding major changes, especially when changing billing options.
JotForm is excellent for use when you need a form for a hosted website that does not have website forms capability (in one case, used with BigCommerce). In another case, it also proved exceptionally useful when gathering data for a very large soccer tournament where we used conditional logic. It saved our attendees time in not having to click through past options that did not apply to them and the data was saved to a google spreadsheet and utilized from there. Other than I prefer to self-host forms when possible, JotForm is an excellent form solution, and the best-hosted form solution I have worked with by far.
Read Jen Garfinkel-Canseco's full review
Jason Revilla | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 26, 2019

JotForm is a highly versatile tool and an excellent addition to any tech stack

We use JotForm in our business in a number of applications, with the primary being event registration. Here in the marketing department we organize and promote events which we then use Jotform to fill with attendees. Jotform has helped streamline this process and helps with both free and paid events.
  • Forms are highly customizable and easy to create/change
  • There are hundreds of templates for almost any kind of use case if you don't want to make your own
  • JotForm integrates with our email marketing software, Mailchimp, quite easily. There are other numerous integrations as well, including Zapier.
  • I honestly have not run across any deficits with the software...it works perfectly for our needs.
JotForm is great for sign-up forms, either for website contact info or event registration. We've used it on our "contact us" page on our website as a communication form, which has been great. It works well for paid events in that it integrates with PayPal well and they've recently added support for Stripe. I'd say a less appropriate application for JotForm is surveys. There are much better-dedicated survey softwares out there.
Read Jason Revilla's full review
Timothy Hargrove | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2019

JotForm is great for anyone who needs user friendly, customized forms!

JotForm was used to create our leadership applications, reference forms, and interview signups for our student leaders.
  • Autoresponder/Notifications Emails
  • Ease of use
  • Mobile access for forms
  • Payment options
  • I haven't had any issues with Jotform. The way it is used is great.
  • Better way to link forms together for auto transfer. When you want to link forms so that data transfers from one form to another automatically it takes a little time and URL coding skill. The help page is useful, but if there was a better way it would be great. We used forms for applications and I set it up to automatically send a reference form upon submission of application and it required some time to code it, and it was difficult to test.
Suitable when collecting information, online/printed/fillable forms, and database information collection. I used JotForm initially for our Student Leadership Application. Students completed the app, signed it and submitted. They received a copy in email and pdf. We used it for reference submissions as well as interview signups. We love how the forms print in PDF and made our presentation professional.
Read Timothy Hargrove's full review
Elizabeth Mabrey | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2019

Very responsive technical support

We use it for students registration and renewal for various functions, from registration, survey, reservation.
  • Very fast responsive Technical Support. Excellent when it comes to general tech forms field manipulation questions.
  • Forms are easy to create.
  • Many widgets to choose from.
  • Easy and quite intuitive advanced CSS modification features
  • For developing the form: When it comes to more complex boolean logic for setting up criteria. It fails to do something like : count = count + 1. Not saying it cannot do simple +. I am saying, you cannot change the variable count if count is part of the formula.
  • For developing the form: unable to format a widget. Thus, the text come across looks plain text.
  • For developing the form: You can get the fieldname from properties. It will be very helpful if it shows field name by having you hovering over on top of the field.
I am happy with it. Good response time and large set of embedded formats..
Read Elizabeth Mabrey's full review

Survey templates (19)
Themes (18)
Custom logo/branding (19)
Changes to live survey (17)
9.4
Question design help (16)
Multiple question types (18)
9.7
Survey logic flexibility (19)
Response tracking (17)
9.5
Vendor-offered crowdsourcing (5)
Respondent restrictions (13)

About JotForm

JotForm is a powerful online application that, according to the vendor, allows anyone to quickly create custom online forms. Its drag-and-drop user interface makes form building simple, and doesn’t require you to write a single line of code. Using JotForm, you can create and publish forms, integrate them into your site, and receive responses by email.

JotForm has multiple subscription options, including a free plan. Free users have access to all of the same features as paid users, but with lower limits on form counts, form submissions, form views, upload space, and submission storage. Its paid plans cost as low as 19$ a month which offers 1,000 monthly submissions and 10 GB storage with all the other functionalities available.

JotForm Features

Survey Format & Appearance Features
Has featureOnline surveys
Has featurePaper surveys
Does not have featurePhone surveys
Has featureSurvey templates
Has featureResponsive design
Survey Content Features
Has featureMultimedia content
Has featureDrag-and-drop editor
Has featureChanges to live survey
Does not have featureQuestion bank
Has featureQuestion design help
Has featureSite intercept surveys
Has feature360 Degree feedback
Has featureAnonymous responses
Has featureVendor-offered crowdsourcing
Has featureUnlimited questions per survey
Has featureUnlimited responses per survey
Has featureRespondent restrictions
Survey Administration & Security Features
Has featureMultiple users
Has featureAccess controls
Has featureCompliance

JotForm Screenshots

JotForm Integrations

JotForm Competitors

Wufoo, Typeform, Formstack, 123FormBuilder (formerly 123ContactForm)

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
  • Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Bronze$19Month
Silver$39Month
Gold$99Month

Check enterprise options on https://www.jotform.com/enterprise/

JotForm Support Options