Reviews (1-11 of 11)
January 15, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
We use Jotform for contact forms, lead generation forms, landing pages and so on. It's an easy way to duplicate commonly used forms and create new ones, sending them live, organizing answers and submissions as opposed to coding something up ourselves that we'd have to write, fix, debug and maintain.
- Jotform makes it very easy to create forms that you'd otherwise have to code yourself.
- It does a great job of organizing the answers.
- It does a great job of integrating easily with other software (CRM, email, etc).
- I hope the continue to expand their integration options, especially with email marketing providers.
- I wish it was a bit easier to design all aspects of the form.
- I hope the continue to make the scripts speedy and lightweight so it doesn't slow down a website.
Read Stephen Steinberg's full review
A lot of the forms have the same basic functionality - a suite of software they natively integrate with, freemium and various pricing plans, ways to track submissions and functionality on how you can design the form to fit your brand. In my opinion, using Jotform versus one of their competitors just comes down to which pricing model works for you and which other platforms do you need it to integrate with.
January 09, 2020
We currently use JotForm as our form builder of choice for those clients who do not have a form builder already, or for those who do not have accurate/complete tracking features with their current form builder. As a marketing agency, it is so important for us to be able to identify where all leads come from, so that we know where to spend more marketing dollars. The tracking widgets available in JotForm allow us to do that and more!
Read Madeline Simpson's full review
We currently recommend and implement JotForm for virtually all of our agency clients as it is the most comprehensive form builder with near limitless capabilities. From building simple 'Contact Us' forms, to in-depth application forms, JotForm allows us to create it all.
December 12, 2019
We use JotForm to integrate data collection into our websites that are older and do not offer a form application in the product base. JotForm is a seamless way to collect data at a minimum of expense and without having to upgrade our websites CMS.
- The ability to create as many different collection forms and databases as we need is important to us.
- I like how easy it is to teach new hires how to use this tool. With our turnover in lower-level positions it is important that new hires can get up and running fast.
- The training resources could use shorter, single-subject videos. Some of them are way too long and could be broken up into shorter, FAQ based info.
- Adding users is very easy, but I think updating people's level of access could be expedited.
Read Richard Peterson's full review
We feel JotForm is great to our older websites where forms generation and data collection are not a standard feature of the CMS. It was started to be used as a band-aid and has turned into our go-to source for quick data collection efforts. I wish there was more flexibility in the templates to the pages in JotForm look more like our website templates so the visitor thinks they are still on our website. It would enhance the UX.
November 08, 2019
JotForm is a software that has the ability to create highly functional professional online forms and then can be integrated with social media and websites. It is mainly used by the marketing department to collect customer and potential customer information that can be used for newsletters and other marketing strategies. It makes it also easy to create surveys to get feedback from users.
- Create surveys for collecting feedback.
- Create forms to collect information.
- Integrate with other application to import information and use it.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Encrypt data for security.
- Text size cannot be changed currently.
- Designing the form is still limited.
- Customer service is lacking a little bit in resolving issues.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
It is well suited if you are looking to collect feedback from your customers, for example on recent events or on products sold to them. It also works great to collect sign-ups for a newsletter or other email lists to contact customers on a regular basis. Even though data is encrypted it should not be used to collect personal information that could be misused.
October 31, 2019
We run a website that lists all the fun events in the area. We get a lot of traffic, so we get many businesses submitting events to us. It was way too difficult to manage all the press releases that came in, written in different fashions, lengthy, etc. We had our web manager set us up with Jot Form. Now, we created a form for these people to fill it out. It has saved us so much time because now all the event info comes to us in our format and ready to be posted!
- I appreciate the online chat support.
- They offer a free version for small companies.
- Building the forms is very easy!
- I wish there was more flexibility with the monthly submissions. I never reach the limit, until one month when things got busy. It locked people out of entering submissions. Fortunately, they helped me out once I contacted the live chat.
Read Lisa LaGrou's full review
It's easy to use, solves problems, and is affordable.
August 09, 2019
We use JotForm in conjunction with another service to run a customer database for our company. This is being used across the company to ensure all customer information is accurate and up-to-date. We have used another form filling solution, which really limited what we could do with the forms - JotForm allows for us to expand our functionality into an aspect of the business that we would have never thought of while we were using the old form filling solution. JotForm is easy to set up and get started, but there is a little bit of a learning curve for some of the more 'advanced' features of JotForm, but once you learn the techniques, it really empowers you as a user and allows for more functionality and features that you would never even know you would need.
- Conditional formatting.
- Powerful widgets.
- Payment provider integration.
- Heavy personalization.
- Free Usage (Monthly Submissions, Form View, etc.) is too low.
- Only allows 10 Payment Submissions with the free account - Form submissions (100) and payment submissions should be the same.
- Form fields in the builder needs better descriptions and directions.
Read this authenticated review
Way more features than Google Forms - way more customization, and you're not locked into only one column of form fields in the form. Great conditional formatting allows for certain files to be hidden until another field meets certain criteria - allowing only field relevant to the end-user to be shown, and not all of them.
We are an app development company who needed a way to easily create forms to capture the information of app users. JotForm was used exclusively by our marketing and account management departments. Before JotForm, we didn't have a way to capture this information in an efficient way, nor run reports to see key analytics.
- It's super simple and quick to get a new form up and running.
- Numerous form options and components make it possible to create a form just to do about anything.
- Exporting and reporting options are robust, allowing you to easily manipulate and analyze your submission data.
- Contacting customer service isn't the easiest. They don't have a phone number. You have to submit a ticket to a forum-type place and wait for a response.
- The price and submission count difference between gold and platinum level is ridiculous. If I remember right, you have to jump from 100,000 to 1,000,000 submissions and the price difference is $100/mo. Needs to be an intermediate step between the two.
Read Ember Ferrantino's full review
JotForm is great in situations where you need to build forms, simple or complex, easily and quickly. If you have a need for more than 100,000 form submissions per month, you may want to look at other platforms, as it gets very pricey at that level.
January 28, 2019
I've used JotForm as both a standalone form for custom form generation for special projects, as well as forms used with hosted web solutions that did not have form options. JotForm is an excellent hosted form solution for any organization. From simple basic forms to complex, detailed forms with many variations, JotForm provides an excellent product.
- Easy to use with drag and drop features as well as excellent instructions should you need something a little more advanced.
- Tons of ways to extend and really create complex forms with conditions and logic.
- The forms look nice. They have nice templates that are modern looking and responsive!
- Reasonably priced.
- Although the templates available are nice looking, extended customization of the look and design just isn't fully there yet.
- Would like to see customer service improve.
- Better communication from JotForm regarding major changes, especially when changing billing options.
Read Jen Garfinkel-Canseco's full review
JotForm is excellent for use when you need a form for a hosted website that does not have website forms capability (in one case, used with BigCommerce). In another case, it also proved exceptionally useful when gathering data for a very large soccer tournament where we used conditional logic. It saved our attendees time in not having to click through past options that did not apply to them and the data was saved to a google spreadsheet and utilized from there. Other than I prefer to self-host forms when possible, JotForm is an excellent form solution, and the best-hosted form solution I have worked with by far.
We use JotForm in our business in a number of applications, with the primary being event registration. Here in the marketing department we organize and promote events which we then use Jotform to fill with attendees. Jotform has helped streamline this process and helps with both free and paid events.
- Forms are highly customizable and easy to create/change
- There are hundreds of templates for almost any kind of use case if you don't want to make your own
- JotForm integrates with our email marketing software, Mailchimp, quite easily. There are other numerous integrations as well, including Zapier.
- I honestly have not run across any deficits with the software...it works perfectly for our needs.
Read Jason Revilla's full review
JotForm is great for sign-up forms, either for website contact info or event registration. We've used it on our "contact us" page on our website as a communication form, which has been great. It works well for paid events in that it integrates with PayPal well and they've recently added support for Stripe. I'd say a less appropriate application for JotForm is surveys. There are much better-dedicated survey softwares out there.
JotForm was used to create our leadership applications, reference forms, and interview signups for our student leaders.
- Autoresponder/Notifications Emails
- Ease of use
- Mobile access for forms
- Payment options
- I haven't had any issues with Jotform. The way it is used is great.
- Better way to link forms together for auto transfer. When you want to link forms so that data transfers from one form to another automatically it takes a little time and URL coding skill. The help page is useful, but if there was a better way it would be great. We used forms for applications and I set it up to automatically send a reference form upon submission of application and it required some time to code it, and it was difficult to test.
Read Timothy Hargrove's full review
Suitable when collecting information, online/printed/fillable forms, and database information collection. I used JotForm initially for our Student Leadership Application. Students completed the app, signed it and submitted. They received a copy in email and pdf. We used it for reference submissions as well as interview signups. We love how the forms print in PDF and made our presentation professional.
March 06, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We use it for students registration and renewal for various functions, from registration, survey, reservation.
- Very fast responsive Technical Support. Excellent when it comes to general tech forms field manipulation questions.
- Forms are easy to create.
- Many widgets to choose from.
- Easy and quite intuitive advanced CSS modification features
- For developing the form: When it comes to more complex boolean logic for setting up criteria. It fails to do something like : count = count + 1. Not saying it cannot do simple +. I am saying, you cannot change the variable count if count is part of the formula.
- For developing the form: unable to format a widget. Thus, the text come across looks plain text.
- For developing the form: You can get the fieldname from properties. It will be very helpful if it shows field name by having you hovering over on top of the field.
Read Elizabeth Mabrey's full review
I am happy with it. Good response time and large set of embedded formats..
JotForm Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
JotForm has multiple subscription options, including a free plan. Free users have access to all of the same features as paid users, but with lower limits on form counts, form submissions, form views, upload space, and submission storage. Its paid plans cost as low as 19$ a month which offers 1,000 monthly submissions and 10 GB storage with all the other functionalities available.
Categories: Survey & Forms Building
JotForm's advanced yet easy form builder works both on desktop and mobile.You can design and customize the look of your forms with JotForm's advanced form designer.You can collaborate with multiple co-workers while creating a form.You can create beautiful forms with file upload fields.Get payments with easy-to-navigate payment fields.Receive feedbacks with smart questions.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Check enterprise options on https://www.jotform.com/enterprise/
JotForm Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
JotForm Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|