Juniper SRX Reviews

January 31, 2020

Support Rating

This is the one area where I have a beef with Juniper. When I called into Cisco TAC, 90% of the time, the first person I spoke with was able to resolve my issue. With Juniper TAC, 90% of the time, the first person I speak with is not able to resolve my issue, seems to almost be reading from a script, and must escalate my ticket. All of which takes time.
January 13, 2020
Bear Golightly | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

I have contacted support twice, once for licensing and again for help figuring out how to achieve what I want. The licensing issue was solved immediately, and the technician provided links to documentation on the specific feature I needed to implement, and I had it resolved within an hour.
Read Bear Golightly's full review

Identification Technologies (1)
Visualization Tools (1)
Content Inspection (2)
Policy-based Controls (2)
10.0
Active Directory and LDAP (1)
Firewall Management Console (3)
Reporting and Logging (3)
VPN (2)
High Availability (3)
9.4
Stateful Inspection (2)
9.5
Proxy Server (1)

What is Juniper SRX?

Juniper SRX is a firewall and web security gateway. It can be deployed on-premises, as well as virtually for smaller use cases, and is optimized for enterprise-level use. Each of the SRX line are based on the Junos OS, which enables three-in-one routing, switching, and security. The features of a given product in the line are purpose-built to the scope of the business needs. These features start with base next-generation firewall (NGFW) and Unified Threat Management (UTM) capabilities. From there, the offerings scale up to include additional scalability and customizability, as well as Advanced Threat Protection and SSL inspection.