Juniper MX Series
Juniper MX Series
Read all reviews
The Juniper MX series serves as our core WAN routers, every bit of internet bound traffic flows over these devices. Any disruption with …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Juniper MX Series, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Juniper Networks describes their MX series as a robust portfolio of SDN-enabled routing platforms that provide system capacity, density, security, and performance with longevity. MX Series routers support digital transformation for service providers, cloud operators, and enterprises.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
The Juniper MX series serves as our core WAN routers, every bit of internet bound traffic flows over these devices. Any disruption with these devices and our user base immediately notice it. It is imperative that these devices are stable and secure, and continue to function.
- It's a robust platform, very resilient. It handles large traffic flows well.
- It's a flexible architecture, it can be configured with provider or enterprise options (or both!)
- It has an excellent versioning system, simple commit/confirm/rollback procedures!
- Sometimes I wish that documentation was more robust, complete, though this has been improved of late.
- It would be nice if netflow was easier to configure.
- It would be nice if the platform was cheaper.
It is well suited as a WAN/Internet Edge device. It is easy to configure BGP, contexts and routing instances. Its suite of tools has saved our organization money by being able to provide services (tag stacking, for example) that our provider would normally charge us more for. Due to interface cost this would not be appropriate as a LAN aggregation device.