Kahoot for me

Kahoot! is teacher approved!

Something for Everyone

Kahoot review

Krazy for Kahoot!

Game time

Fun online quiz!

kahoot review!

Kahoot makes us bind together!

Kahoot! Event Bronze

$250

to host an unlimited number of kahoots at one event

Kahoot! 360 Spirit for small teams

per month for 25 members (annual subscription billed monthly)

Kahoot! Event Silver

$500

to host an unlimited number of kahoots at one event

What is Kahoot!?

Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform designed to make it easy to create, share and play learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes from the company of the same name headquartered in Oslo.

Kahoot! Videos

What is Kahoot!?
How to create a kahoot - tutorial
Take a tour of the new Kahoot!

Kahoot! Technical Details

Alternatives

What is Kahoot!?

What is Kahoot!'s best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability and Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses Kahoot!?

The most common users of Kahoot! are from Small Businesses and the Education Management industry.

November 22, 2021

Kahoot for me

We mainly use and encounter Kahoot during webinars gamifying during those times. With Kahoot, we can ensure attendees can freely interact and listen to everything being presented during the session. It also brings out the best among the attendees who have more knowledge or who listened thoroughly with the help of Kahoot.
  • Making costumized exams
  • Gamification of exams
  • Ranking and scoring properly
  • User friendly UI
  • Manageability
  • Visuals
In my encounters with Kahoot, It is a great thing that Kahoot gets attendees to listen and interact during webinar sessions. It helps presenters ensure that people are listening and learning something. With Kahoot, it is easier to convey messages and learnings during webinars as attendees look forward to answering all questions right during Kahoot time.
Rachel Piper | TrustRadius Reviewer
Most upper elementary/middle school teachers at my school utilize Kahoot in their classroom. Because it is so widely used, all of our students are extremely familiar with how to use it. Kahoot is great for making a fun and interactive way to quiz students and get a baseline understanding of where they stand on content understanding. It's also great for when you have a few minutes left of class, you can find an already made Kahoot to play with your students!
  • Student engagement
  • Fun and interactive for all students!
  • Already made lessons
  • Add a hidden feature where students don't know who is who, but the teacher does.
Kahoot is excellent for more mature students, I would say students in 3rd grade and above. It's excellent if you want to create a fun and engaging way to test or quiz students, or even just to review content information. I really appreciate that there are thousands of already made lessons, so I almost never have to make my own! I get to simply search, make sure it's appropriate for what I'm looking for, and use it (yay no prep!).
October 31, 2021

Something for Everyone

Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Kahoot! to keep colleagues involved with our presentations in a variety of ways. I use it to gauge how much they know about the topic I'm presenting on, use it as a tool or "mini quiz" at the end of the session, or just collect opinions anonymously to see how people are feeling. I love that it offers different games and ways to be interactive.
  • Integrations
  • Beautiful graphics
  • Customizable
  • Brief Tutorials
  • Clarification between Suites
Kahoot is great for a variety of internal and external uses, including onboarding, training, board presentations, etc. It is also very useful for presenting at conferences, presenting information, or gauging interest in potential projects. It may be less appropriate in groups of people unfamiliar with the specific technology or those who don't have reliable internet access.
Anastasia Globa | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kahoot! is a great tool for implementing gaming aspects in learning activities at the university level. We used it in our school of Architecture, design, and planning for Bachelor of Architecture units. Most students find it to be very engaging and interactive. I have also been on the receiving end of using Kahoot!, as it was used by the SES teaching activities, where I was in a role of a student.
  • Quiz Challenges (who answers first and provides correct answers)
  • Interactive activities and different types of questions
  • Engaging animations and effects
  • It was extremely annoying that I needed to have 2 devices to use Kahoot! properly, my laptop AND my phone
  • Mobile app needs more work and further development
  • it was sometimes hard to see the answers on a mobile screen
This tool can be very useful to test students' understanding and knowledge in a Knowledge Quiz/gaming scenario.: Who is the first and answers the most questions correctly. Kahoot! will display both winners and runners up automatically. On the other hand when students are not knowledgeable, fast, or just shy this approach might not be effective and even counter-productive.
Kahoot is one of the enjoyable and exciting tool games for me and for us because it enhances the lessons learned or knowledge about the specific topic or category. We use this Kahoot in our Webinars, Learning Check, Townhall assembly, Company Assembly Hall, Funnel Meeting, Anniversary or Annual Thanksgiving, Christmas Party, New Year Celebration, even outside the organization's activities, we use it in Birthday Party, Dedication or Christening, Wedding Party or Bridal Shower, Baby shower and reunions. I like Kahoot especially we can modify the topic or category in every game. For example, in our Company's webinar, we can modify it to Network Security topics or HW solutions learning checks. In line with this, we will also know who listened to our webinar accordingly or not.
  • Kahoot provides the specific category or topic
  • Kahoot provides the ranking who are the most knowledgeable and fastest person
  • Kahoot provides excitement to every participants
  • Kahoot provides lessons and reviews for all of the participants
  • I don't think if there is an area of improvement but you can also add some graphics that can be more exciting in the interface or games.
  • It can also 3 categories in one game in Kahoot.
  • Can also add features that can see of the participants.
As I stated in my first comment, Kahoot is one of the exciting and enjoyable tool game for us. It suits in every occasions, plans and events in our organization and even in outside of the company's activities. We always use Kahoot in our webinars and virtual events to test all the participants on their learning check and knowledge in the specific topic.

Kahoot review

We used Kahoot to have a knowledge check to our customers. It also gives fun and learning to us. The customer tends to get excited when they heard that there will be a Kahoot after the training. We also provide prizes to be more exciting. Sometimes, we get concerns about their internet connections.
  • Knowledge check
  • Fun
  • Games
  • Learning
  • Lagging
  • Background appearance
Kahoot is best during this time of the pandemic, we can give learning, knowledge check to our users, clients, and staff. A little competition to the end-user because they need to be on top 3 to be able to get a prize. They also need to be fast in clicking the best answer.

Krazy for Kahoot!

Chrisse Olsson Olsson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kahoot is being used in our district for review of concepts, engagement with the curriculum, and as a formative assessment tool. It is great that it has activities already created or the option to create your own for a topic you are teaching. The only problem is sometimes they want to charge extra to create a game or activity. Sometimes it is also hard to find the options you want for creating or using.
  • Engages students
  • Has options to create many different activities for learning.
  • Having more free options for creating the activities needed for learning.
  • Making it easier to create the activities.
  • Having a free membership for teachers to use all options.
Kahoot is an easy online program to use when engaging students in learning. It promotes fun learning and students can easily interact with others while using it. Teachers have beneficial access to create the activities or search for those that someone else has created and saved. It's fun for all involved.
Janet Ramos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Kahoot games in our training or webinars. For knowledge check or games after the discussion. It is a fun way and easy to organize quizzes or games, the collection of answers from participants is easy and accurate to determine the points and the winners. Since all of us are using smartphones, everyone can join and can adopt online gaming. There is no need to download any application, by just going to Kahoot website and entering the game pin, you can join. Also, we can give ourselves a cute nickname depending on what we want.
  • Gamification
  • Knowledge check
  • Easy way to gather answers and collect points automatically
  • Identifying the participants/winners since we use nicknames.
  • Only 3 to 5 winners selected. If there are hundreds of players only few can win.
  • All about the fastest answers, even if you know all the correct answer, but did not answer faster, you will earn a lower points.
Kahoot uses in live games or quizzes. It is a fun way to use after the training/webinars. The easy and accurate way of collecting points from the players/participant. Especially, if there are too many players. It will be difficult for the event organizer to collect and answers from and identify the winner. Using Kahoot, it's now convenient to collect scores and fair identify winners.
Lucas Piemontez | TrustRadius Reviewer
I learned about this tool in college and it proved to be very effective in assimilating and reviewing the content. In the organization I work for, I try to promote training and content teaching in a more interactive and efficient way. I use it within my marketing sector and in some training that I promote to external customers and external sectors such as sales and SDRs. It turned out to be a structured, organized, and easy-to-use tool. It has a functional and beautiful design, its functions streamline our training and assimilation of promoted content.
  • Content review.
  • Promotes easier assimilation of contents.
  • Healthy and quality competitions between teams.
  • Assembling the questions with the answers becomes confusing in some situations.
A very reliable scenario for use and within faculties and teaching intuitions and companies that promote training and the dissemination of content. Many companies find it difficult to pass content and teachings to their employees in an interactive and efficient way and Kahoot makes this process much easier. An inappropriate scenario, I believe, is in companies with a very closed mentality and with slow processes where many innovations are not allowed.
My organization uses Kahoot during company events and the entire team is very engaged throughout. It's been a lifesaver when going remote, especially during COVID times. We tried other tools like google forms or SurveyMonkey, but none provided the level of fun that Kahoot did. It's very easy to use not just for the creator but also for the user.
  • Easily create fun interactive quizzes.
  • Fun remote games.
  • Kahoot could add more types of games to be used.
This product is well suited either in an educational environment for students to learn in a fun way. It can also be used in work environments to engage teams that are remote. Either way, this tool is fantastic to use and really engaging for young or older ages. Great job Kahoot!
Kahoot helps students learn and review new material in many different subject areas. It allows students to practice the learning concepts, ideas, and topics in a gamified way so that they are learning and having fun at the same time. Teachers can have the students play the games in a variety of ways to further the experience.
  • Makes learning fun.
  • Very user-friendly.
  • Can be played remotely or in person.
  • Has data that can use as an assessment.
  • Users can make inappropriate games.
  • Users can interact and play games with strangers online.
  • Profile information is shared on the platform.
Kahoot is a great way for students to play educational games, practice concepts that they know, and help reinforce ideas and content that they know. It is less suited for primary instruction where they are learning new content for the first time. It is very well suited for review and practice. It is loads of fun and makes education easy.
November 18, 2021

Game time

Kahoot is very widely used across our partner's very innovative and fun applications. Kahoot is very competitive in terms of the game they provide and I like that in the app Kahoot is very easy to create games and use in many other way so much fun to use every webinar and training we have.
  • Easily used.
  • Easily to understand.
  • Fun.
  • None.
Kahoot is very well in terms of games and competitive scenarios like events, webinars, training, etc.
November 15, 2021

Fun online quiz!

Kristine Dianne Caballa-Pasion | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Kahoot on our company events such as webinars, presentations, and company events. This is the most commonly used application for games. It helps the participants be more engaged and enjoy the events at the same time. This is a very fun game. This application is also user-friendly.
  • Game
  • Quiz
  • Application for events
  • Sometimes there are some delays.
  • Improve ease of use.
  • Graphics.
  • Put on music.
In my experience, we usually use Kahoot when we conduct webinars, company events, and other online activities. This application is more applicable to this kind of event. During the pandemic, many companies conducted events online and one of the most used apps is Kahoot. I'm not sure where it is not appropriate.

kahoot review!

Jhoya Jopson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kahoot is fun to use when it comes, you have to be faster to pick the correct answer for you to have a high score. It's nice you can also see your ranking in the games. I will recommend this also to my colleague. It's also user friendly
  • Games
  • You have to be fast
  • Ranking
  • none
In a meeting, you can use Kahoot to create games for an ice breaker. It's fun to use. You have to be fast to pick the correct answers for you to have a high score in games. It's user-friendly and well suited for every event because it gives fun to the member of the meeting.
Kahoot was mostly used in our organization whenever there was a program or a celebration such as a year-end party, team building, and the likes. Having this product makes the program so much fun. Especially during this pandemic, where most of us are all working from home or staying at home. Having an online event doesn't leave the fun because we have a Kahoot to make the event more enjoyable. It is so amazing how this product makes us bond together even though we are all far away from each other. It makes it easier for the host to show the question and the choices to all participants and immediately provide who is the leading or the top participants on the question. It makes it easier for the host as well to know the winner of the game because, after the game, it immediately provides the winner of the event. Accessing the Kahoot was very easy because you can access it whether via your laptop or via mobile phone whenever and wherever you are. One problem that we encountered was when you have a weak internet connection, you could have trouble accessing this Kahoot. So we need to make sure we have a good internet connection when connecting to Kahoot.
  • It helps the participants to show easily all the provided questions and choices of answers.
  • It helps the host to provide the leading contestant on the game.
  • it helps to provide immediately who is the winner of this event.
  • At least to make it more customizable on the choices on the shape.
  • To customize the color on the choices.
  • To be able to input pictures on the winner.
During this pandemic, Kahoot was a great and amazing product where it binds all people together to have fun. It helps a lot as well to make the meeting or presentation to make it more enjoyable. It can be an ice breaker to any training to all the participants who are already bored or can be sleepy as well and helps them to get more energized again on the training.
We use Kahoot on a regular basis here at AuditBoard. We use it almost every Friday for team bonding purposes. Our leadership team will typically pick a topic throughout the week to study that is typically relevant to that specific week to "quiz" us on. Great for helping with team morale, making things competitive, and teaching employees new things while incentivizing them at the same time.
  • Boost team morale.
  • Helping train team members.
  • Lighthearted business activity.
  • Joining capabilities can be challenging at times.
  • Getting kicked from games with larger groups.
  • Lag during platform creating disadvantages for some users.
If I was asked how I would rate Kahoot, I would most likely give them a 7 or 7.5. The tool is useful and fun within a work environment but it does not exactly solve a business problem. It is fun at times, specifically because our company incentivizes our players, but if those incentives weren't there it wouldn't be quite as exciting as it could or should be. Can get boring at times if used multiple weeks on end.
Kahoot is a great tool.
It supports our company culture and team connectedness by playing trivia games that range from random topics like movies, music and TV to company guidelines and refresher activities to have everyone aware of our policies, announcements and check-in with the knowledge acquired and how we can make sure more people absorb the information we share.
  • Team games
  • Team knowledge check-in of company policies
  • Engagment
  • Sales and detailing what it does at the beginning
  • Pricing
  • test/Trial period so we can have a better understanding of what it can do
Kahoot is great for every remote company. As it allows for togetherness and participation from afar. I think it is designed to please this particular type of business.
I am not sure it will be useful for in-site companies or events where you can do more tangible activities and engage people differently.
November 19, 2021

Kahoot!

Kahoot! is a big help during this time of pandemic since there is no face-to- face events, our partners is using Kahoot! to provide entertainment after the knowledge training or learning check. We are obliged to listen because there is a game after. It is also a test [of] how fast can you read and click the choices.
  • Entertainment
  • Fun
  • Fast hands
  • User interface
  • Mobile application
Kahoot! is well suited in this time of pandemic where people are not allowed to do face to face interaction. It provides fun after we do the webinar. It is also perfect where it is easy to find the link in google. It is less appropriate when we go back to normal events.
Our organization uses this application in similar yet different ways. We use this in individual classrooms, both at home and in-class. We use this in both primary and intermediate grade levels. For primary grades, we practice simple concepts with in-class review. In intermediate grades, students are able to create study sets, and teachers are able to create assessments by using reports within Kahoot. Teachers are able to monitor student progress and retention while dialing up student interest and involvement.
  • Inventive format
  • Colorful, vibrant design
  • Easy interface for young students to use
  • Easily adaptable for various age levels
  • Change and innovation can lead to unpredictability and confusion among students
  • Updates to the site left many colleagues confused
  • New interface feels cluttered and overwhelming
When teaching fifth grade, students enjoyed reviewing content covered in class by playing classic Kahoot games. As the site has evolved, teachers are now able to present lessons within Kahoot and use the same platform to review the content presented. Students do not have to changes sites mid-lesson. It is a game-changer.
I have not had to use support for Kahoot since beginning to use this site. Kahoot does, however, provide many topics for help and support readily available. These topics are continually changed and updated as the site evolves. Because this resources is always easily accessible, I have not had to reach out to support from a representative.
September 22, 2020

My Kahoot! Review

Partha Protim Pegu | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kahoot! is currently used by the HR team of our organization to bring some fun and participation to the employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is currently used in organized sessions where employees and their families can participate. The winner gets rewarded with a special mention in our social media pages.
  • It is a very interactive tool especially for educational purposes.
  • It brings a sense of competition and it is fun to use.
  • Ability to support multiple users in mobile app
  • We can participate through our nicknames. So, sometimes it becomes difficult to track everyone's progress.
  • If the Kahoot! is publicly available, one can easily view all the questions and answers beforehand.
Kahoot! is well suited in tense business environments. It lets us lessen work pressure and indulge. It's fun to try to answer quiz questions quickly and accurately. Many think that it is only a classroom tool. But our HR team has shown that Kahoot! is well suited for businesses too.
We have not faced any issues regarding the app as we use it only for entertainment purposes.
Stacey Stearns | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Kahoot! in our department to engage youth and college students and test their knowledge on subject areas in a fun way. We use it with the youth and college students individually and in a team format. Although we are using it, I believe that many others in departments across the university are also using it in their classroom settings. I know this from informal conversations, but we don't have a university-wide license. Most of us are using the free education model.
  • Engages learners
  • Keeps it fun
  • Provides instant feedback
  • Is easy to use
  • It requires access to technology (students smartphones, iPads, etc.)
  • It would be easier if we could program the Kahoot ID into our presentations ahead of time. You have to activate it right before you start using it so there is always a moment's delay as we get organized before the students access it.
  • If you use it often enough you'll hear the music that plays during the game in your head even outside of the classroom.
Kahoot! is fun, the students like it, and it engages them with the activity. You can make it a group or individual activity and they test their knowledge without too much pressure. The game does all the scoring for you and provides updates after every question. It's really easy to use and provides interaction in the middle or end of a presentation.
It's fun, easy to use, and we have access to a free version.
As part of our Continuous Improvement efforts, making the experience fun has been difficult. By using Kahoot! to make it a "game show" type of learning environment, makes the information stick in a fun and upbeat way. Kahoot! makes the learning more interactive and positive! The way we were able to incorporate Kahoot! into our continuous improvement allowed our participants to retain the information, allowing them to be able to recall and apply that knowledge in the field. I educate my fellow employees on the various topics, then play a question and answer game-show type activity like Jeopardy. It gets everyone excited and participating instead of fading into the background and never actually "learning" what is being taught. I cannot say enough great things about Kahoot! and the many benefits it has to stepping up the education. And actually, I learned about Kahoot! from my kids. Kahoot! is used on a regular basis in the classroom to help reinforce the topic being taught. All positive feedback here!
  • Fun and upbeat way to learn.
  • Highly interactive.
  • Takes the mundane out of the typical learning environment.
  • The only problem that some users had was the delay due to their carrier/not being connected to Wi-Fi.
As I said before, Kahoot! makes the learning environment fun and interactive. It gets everyone involved.
I haven't had to utilize the Kahoot! support.
Justin Harbin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kahoot is used by individual faculty members, most frequently within our education department. This allows us to model effective practices for our teacher candidates who will likely find it useful in the K-12 setting. This allows for real-time, every-student responses, which i've found sets up some really wonderful discussions. Based on student responses to an individual question, we can discuss what made that response correct or incorrect, why it was confusing, etc., thus engaging in meaningful reflection on learning.
  • Real-time responses.
  • Total student participation.
  • Allows teams of professors to share Kahoots across sections of the same course.
  • K-12 focus and UI can seem a bit 'childish' in the higher education setting.
  • Tool requires student devices, which isn't always practical.
  • Organization can be tricky if using across more than 1 class.
Kahoot! works quite well when you'd like to engage students in a total participation technique and see in real-time how their responses align to your stated learning outcomes. Basic analytics allow you to get a snapshot of student learning at a moment in time which is quite useful. That said, it is clearly designed for K-12. This works teaching in my teacher education program, but my colleagues in other academic departments find the UI a bit childish. This is a solid tool where you are confident students will have appropriate devices to participate, but if you are uncertain this might rule your use of the tool out.
Sizeable community of teachers using this tool means you can typically search and find effective practices and pitfalls to avoid. Documentation and guides from Kahoot! are also solid, but you are likely to find a fellow teacher in your own building or office suite that has experience and is willing to come alongside as you begin using the tool. This for me is a significant selling point regarding support.
Matthew Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kahoot! is used by our Customer Success and Launch team to run interactive quizzes to supplement and engage users during on training and onboarding. It helps to keep end users paying attention during our training sessions (which now happen remotely, often to work from home employees who can easily not pay attention to the session) by forcing them to interact with quizzes and also encourages them by us offering prizes mailed to the Kahoot! quiz winners.
  • Engaging participants.
  • Easy to build quizzes.
  • Fun user experience.
  • Pricing, need a credit card for trial.
  • Holdback too many features on lower plans.
  • Starting to feel bloated.
Kahoot! is great for hosting games for many participants and can be used internally for employee onboarding and engagement, or externally as part of customer experience and training. We use it externally as a tool to train end customers and it works great. Kahoot! as it expands feels less designed for one-hit use cases like this and angling towards a continuous learning type model.
I have not needed to reach out to Kahoot! support. Everything is fairly self serve and self taught. The platform is simple enough to get going on your own and I can only picture contacting support for billing issues.
September 25, 2020

Kahoot for university? Yes!

At my university, Kahoot is commonly used by the majority of professors as an interactive tool for either, in-person or online classes. The most common ways for the professors to use Kahoot are at the beginning of each lecture to get a better insight on what the level of the class regarding a certain topic, or at the end of the class, to know how well the class understood the concepts explained during the lecture. As a student, I find Kahoot to be an interesting and engaging tool for both, online and in-person classes. Kahoot allows me to explore concepts while competing with classmates in a risk-free and friendly environment.
  • Useful for either, in-person or online classes: it can work from a projector or screen in in-person classes, or by sharing the screen in online classes.
  • Excellent to get an idea of the understanding or knowledge level of a group of people: depending on the intention of the game, the professor or person in charge of it can make and change the questions to address certain points.
  • Easy to use for both professors and students: Kahoot is intuitive, simple, and fun to use.
  • Interactive and engaging: Kahoot is a game designed to work as a tool for professors, which makes it perfect to use with students.
  • Leaderboards are not the best. Having the ability to download the full leaderboards or have more in-depth reports of each game would be better.
  • Cannot get proper track of the placing of each participant. Again, the lack of proper placing reports after each game is an important fault, better leaderboards are necessary.
  • Internet connection plays an important role in the results. The punctuation system of Kahoot is time-based. A student that answered 2 seconds before another student will get more points, this can be affected by the speed of internet connections; a different approach to punctuation systems would be better.
Kahoot is excellent for small to medium groups of students, regardless of their ages. It is as useful at the elementary level as it is at the university level. Obviously, the questions asked would need to change according to the age and scholar level of the students. It is a wonderful tool to get the class engaged in a lecture-comprehension questionnaire. The reason behind Kahoot being suitable for such a large range of students is because it depends merely on the professor to take advantage of this tool, which makes it perfect for all types of school regardless of the age of students. Kahoot may not be as useful for large groups (30+), as due to the leaderboard system it has, some students may not care enough to put effort into answering the questions.