https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Zz/ql/JPQZ7FE8V10W.PNGKalioCommerce - A True PartnerWe are currently using KalioCommerce (KC) as our online storefront. All web operations are using this as a form of not only presenting the products online but to also facilitate ordering. It serves not only as a platform for customers to buy items, but also as a tool for our customer service agents to assist our phone customers. Our strategic sales department also uses it to drive sales toward their book of business.,Great customer service. While working with them, I never felt like they were trying to sell me the next upgrade or service. They were always ready to trouble shoot a problem with me and figure out what the best way to solve it. Expert knowledge of E-Commerce. By virtue of having so many clients, they are able to see what works and what doesn't work and help you apply it to your business. The platform itself allows you to do practically anything you want to do within reason. We were able to achieve most of our requests by simply working with Kalio's support engineers coupled with our own marketing and technical team. I found their support engineers to be strong on the technical side but still able to communicate effectively with those that might not be technically inclined.,Because Kalio has a growing client base, I find them a bit understaffed. The speed at which our company was growing, we needed to lean on them more, but they weren't always able to deliver because of the sheer volume of requests compared to their staff. It's difficult to physically write code within the space they have provided. I find that I have to copy and paste the code into a different text editor to read it better.,9,Not needing to worry about all the headaches of running a website that needs to be up. If you were to run that in-house, you would easily get a return within the first year alone. Allows you to focus on your business and what you're good at. The place that I worked at was not an IT firm by any stretch. Outsourcing key IT infrastructure to Kalio freed up resources and allowed focus.,10,6KalioCommerceKalioCommerce is currently being used to power the web sites for our two brands, Dover Saddlery and Smith Brothers. It's currently mainly used by the Ecommerce team in the Marketing Department, although we do have one vendor (our SEO vendor) accessing the system as well to make use of the SEO related tools within the system.,Complete access to all levels of the platform - I'm not limited to only the data and templates, I can actually go much deeper, which offers far more flexibility than many platforms. Able to support the latest design approaches and integrate with any tools I choose. Wonderful customer support - not only there to help solve issues or implement various functionality, but also there to share the latest insights and research to help our business grow.,Some form of version control for the code is badly needed for my team. Documentation could be improved.,9,Increased efficiency for my team in regards to keeping the website content updated, ensuring all products are available Better customer experience as a direct result of the ease and ability to implement any tools or functionality we want Deeper insights into our business as a result of combined analytics available,,10,10Kalio Review from my Simple Point of ViewKalio is being used by the web department, and it addresses the problems of adding new products to the site, as well as product inventory, sales attributes, size charts, product descriptions, groupings, SEO and customer reviews. I use it myself the majority of the time to add and update product information.,They make it easy to create pages for each product. They have a variety of customization options to tailor to the needs of your website. Changes can be made from one part of the site, to the entire site, with ease.,They always seem to be undergoing maintenance for one problem or another. At times page updates and changes take to long to take effect on the site and we have to use another service to expedite site refreshes. Using the Kalio Inventory sections make inventory changes can be hazardous to the site, and it's almost always better to make changes manually through excel imports or MySQL rather than adding them exclusively through Kalio. There are ways around the problem, it's just a pain that some functionality doesn't work.,7,Increased employee efficiency Better customer service. Easier, hassle-free product management.,9
KalioCommerce

KalioCommerce Reviews

KalioCommerce
Filter 4 vetted KalioCommerce reviews and ratings
Libu Chacko profile photo
March 10, 2015

User Review: "KalioCommerce - A True Partner"

• Great customer service. While working with them, I never felt like they were trying to sell me the next upgrade or service. They were always ready to trouble shoot a problem with me and figure out what the best way to solve it.
  • Expert knowledge of E-Commerce. By virtue of having so many clients, they are able to see what works and what doesn't work and help you apply it to your business.
  • The platform itself allows you to do practically anything you want to do within reason. We were able to achieve most of our requests by simply working with Kalio's support engineers coupled with our own marketing and technical team. I found their support engineers to be strong on the technical side but still able to communicate effectively with those that might not be technically inclined.
  • Because Kalio has a growing client base, I find them a bit understaffed. The speed at which our company was growing, we needed to lean on them more, but they weren't always able to deliver because of the sheer volume of requests compared to their staff.
  • It's difficult to physically write code within the space they have provided. I find that I have to copy and paste the code into a different text editor to read it better.
I can only speak in terms of Enterprise clients as I haven't had any experience with their smaller platforms. That being said, I think your firm would benefit the most if you fall in the following:
  • Little to no web technology staff
  • $20M+ in sales online
  • Little to no idea of how to run an ecommerce website
  • Sales/revenue or growth in general has plateaued
After working with Kalio, I believe the following will work best:
  • Invest in your technical knowledge and development team so you don't have to rely on Kalio for all changes. While you can't get away with utilizing Kalio completely, you can do about 95% of what you want done if you have a knowledgeable web team.
  • If you cannot afford to hire or cannot find an ecommerce guru, lean on Kalio for their industry knowledge and ecommerce experience.
  • Sign up for their Optimizely A/B testing package. If you have experience running A/B testing and have the bandwidth to actually execute tests on a monthly basis, then sign up for the lowest package. Otherwise, let them drive and execute the testing. The individual running it now (Matt B. as of March 2014) is very knowledgeable and does nothing else except testing for clients.
Read Libu Chacko's full review
Monique Trulson profile photo
December 18, 2014

User Review: "KalioCommerce"

• Complete access to all levels of the platform - I'm not limited to only the data and templates, I can actually go much deeper, which offers far more flexibility than many platforms.
  • Able to support the latest design approaches and integrate with any tools I choose.
  • Wonderful customer support - not only there to help solve issues or implement various functionality, but also there to share the latest insights and research to help our business grow.
  • Some form of version control for the code is badly needed for my team.
  • Documentation could be improved.
KalioCommerce is a good choice for mid market companies. IT support required would depend on your particular implementation, of course, but in our case our ecommerce team working with Kalio is able to deal with 95% of the work.
Read Monique Trulson's full review
Devin Gray profile photo
March 29, 2014

KalioCommerce: "Kalio Review from my Simple Point of View"

• They make it easy to create pages for each product.
  • They have a variety of customization options to tailor to the needs of your website.
  • Changes can be made from one part of the site, to the entire site, with ease.
  • They always seem to be undergoing maintenance for one problem or another.
  • At times page updates and changes take to long to take effect on the site and we have to use another service to expedite site refreshes.
  • Using the Kalio Inventory sections make inventory changes can be hazardous to the site, and it's almost always better to make changes manually through excel imports or MySQL rather than adding them exclusively through Kalio. There are ways around the problem, it's just a pain that some functionality doesn't work.
Well suited for large companies that have specific needs, and need multiple customization options, and cannot be confined by other easier to use, but less powerful CMS options. But small businesses and other smaller websites would have no need for all the extra features. It is best to ask yourself exactly how much do you need from your CMS and will all the extra options slow your website load times down.
Read Devin Gray's full review

About KalioCommerce

KalioCommerce is an enterprise eCommerce platform that powers Internet Retailer Top 1000 B2C & B2B brands. According to the vendor, online retailers get the flexibility to build uniquely branded sites with sophisticated business needs, and transform ideas into revenue faster with the platform’s data-driven administration console and cloud architecture.

Key customers include Discount Ramps, Hale Groves, AllHeart Medical Supplies, Touch of Class, Arthur Beren Shoes, Dover Saddlery, and Really Good Stuff.