- Great customer service. While working with them, I never felt like they were trying to sell me the next upgrade or service. They were always ready to trouble shoot a problem with me and figure out what the best way to solve it.
- Expert knowledge of E-Commerce. By virtue of having so many clients, they are able to see what works and what doesn't work and help you apply it to your business.
- The platform itself allows you to do practically anything you want to do within reason. We were able to achieve most of our requests by simply working with Kalio's support engineers coupled with our own marketing and technical team. I found their support engineers to be strong on the technical side but still able to communicate effectively with those that might not be technically inclined.
- Because Kalio has a growing client base, I find them a bit understaffed. The speed at which our company was growing, we needed to lean on them more, but they weren't always able to deliver because of the sheer volume of requests compared to their staff.
- It's difficult to physically write code within the space they have provided. I find that I have to copy and paste the code into a different text editor to read it better.
- Little to no web technology staff
- $20M+ in sales online
- Little to no idea of how to run an ecommerce website
- Sales/revenue or growth in general has plateaued
- Invest in your technical knowledge and development team so you don't have to rely on Kalio for all changes. While you can't get away with utilizing Kalio completely, you can do about 95% of what you want done if you have a knowledgeable web team.
- If you cannot afford to hire or cannot find an ecommerce guru, lean on Kalio for their industry knowledge and ecommerce experience.
- Sign up for their Optimizely A/B testing package. If you have experience running A/B testing and have the bandwidth to actually execute tests on a monthly basis, then sign up for the lowest package. Otherwise, let them drive and execute the testing. The individual running it now (Matt B. as of March 2014) is very knowledgeable and does nothing else except testing for clients.
- Complete access to all levels of the platform - I'm not limited to only the data and templates, I can actually go much deeper, which offers far more flexibility than many platforms.
- Able to support the latest design approaches and integrate with any tools I choose.
- Wonderful customer support - not only there to help solve issues or implement various functionality, but also there to share the latest insights and research to help our business grow.
- Some form of version control for the code is badly needed for my team.
- Documentation could be improved.
- They make it easy to create pages for each product.
- They have a variety of customization options to tailor to the needs of your website.
- Changes can be made from one part of the site, to the entire site, with ease.
- They always seem to be undergoing maintenance for one problem or another.
- At times page updates and changes take to long to take effect on the site and we have to use another service to expedite site refreshes.
- Using the Kalio Inventory sections make inventory changes can be hazardous to the site, and it's almost always better to make changes manually through excel imports or MySQL rather than adding them exclusively through Kalio. There are ways around the problem, it's just a pain that some functionality doesn't work.
KalioCommerce Scorecard Summary
KalioCommerce is an enterprise eCommerce platform that powers Internet Retailer Top 1000 B2C & B2B brands. According to the vendor, online retailers get the flexibility to build uniquely branded sites with sophisticated business needs, and transform ideas into revenue faster with the platform’s data-driven administration console and cloud architecture.
Key customers include Discount Ramps, Hale Groves, AllHeart Medical Supplies, Touch of Class, Arthur Beren Shoes, Dover Saddlery, and Really Good Stuff.
KalioCommerce Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||90%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
KalioCommerce Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
KalioCommerce Technical Details