Reviews (1-2 of 2)
August 30, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
We use it on all our client's machines. This allows us to audit, monitor and fix issues with any device that is running it. It is a great tool for many different reasons.
- We can remotely run an audit on a machine without actually having to log onto the machine.
- We can if needed log into a machine and take control.
- Being able to remotely access machines allows us to be more efficient. We no longer have to travel from client to client. I am able to work on several clients at the same time.
- We have found that the running auto updates on client machines through Kaseya is hit or miss. Granted if the device is turned off it won't get updated but we found a few times where something should have been updated but wasn't.
Read Blake Clemens's full review
If you are lone tech in a small office I would not recommend this product. But if you are a tech that supports several different offices/clients then you need this product. It will save you time and money. If a remote user is done you could have them back online in no time at all. Without this product you are driving to their location. It practically pays for itself.
August 02, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
Kaseya Network Monitor is being used by our company to monitor our server farm performance and uptime. It alerts us of any issues so that our team can take action.
- Kaseya monitors our server uptime.
- Kaseya monitors critical services i.e SSH, NTP.
- Kaseya monitors crashed apps on our Linux servers.
- Ease of use. Configuration can seem complex at times.
- False positives are sometimes annoying.
- Updates could be easier as they sometimes fail during the process.
Read this authenticated review
Kaseya is a very robust system that allows you to customize it to your exact needs. We use it to notify us if any of our critical servers are at heavy load. That allow us to resolve issues before our end users complain.