Kaseya VSA

Kaseya...more like KaseNO!

March 30, 2020
Kaseya VSA was used by my company to remotely monitor our products that were installed in various locations around the world. It was …

Kaseya VSA Review

October 04, 2019
Kaseya in the role of system administration helps us to manage all our user's computers around all our local and remote locations and keep …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Kaseya VSA, and make your voice heard!

What is Kaseya VSA?

18 people want pricing too

What is NinjaOne (formerly NinjaRMM)?

NinjaOne (formerly NinjaRMM) is a security-oriented remote monitoring and management platform. It allows for manual customization as well as scripting and automation.

What is TeamViewer?

TeamViewer provides software for both remote management and online collaborations. With TeamViewer, users have access to fully integrated online conference solutions for audio and video communication, including interactive screen sharing and remote access features.

What is Kaseya VSA?

Kaseya Virtual System Administrator (VSA) is a cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management software. VSA unifies the monitoring of system infrastructure and endpoints and is designed for use by IT teams and MSP’s. It offers a robust crowd-source automation scripts library, as well as antivirus and malware capabilities with real-time threat alerts.

Kaseya VSA Video

Introduction to Endpoint Management with Kaseya VSA

Kaseya VSA Technical Details

Compare with

We looked at several options besides Kaseya in the beginning of our research process. We preferred the layout, support, and overall feature rich platform of Kaseya to some of their competitors. We also liked the ability to grow with Kaseya as needed and the ability to add modules for additional functionality in the future should be see the need.
We used to use Netop for many years prior to Kaseya. The main reason that we switched was because with staff working from home we needed a cloud based solution and Netop required gateway servers or PIN servers to be configured in order to be able to access those staff while at home. Kaseya's solution only required that a small endpoint be installed on each of the systems. Netop was great when all of the assets were within the same network but past that it was far more difficult and costly to configure for what we needed.
What's Up Gold is more of a monitoring application and very good at that, but doesn't have the management tools that VSA provides. It requires additional applications and you lose the "single pane of glass" concept.

ConnectWise, at the time we looked at the product, did not have nearly as robust of a set of automation tools. Kaseya VSA's integration with a number of popular applications seemed better developed.
Ben Blissett | TrustRadius Reviewer
We moved away from NinjaRMM for support of PowerShell scripting and APIs. Overall, the experience with NinjaRMM, though limited in features, was tenfold better than our experience with VSA.

We have been desiring strongly to move away from VSA to N-Central (having been provided a full demo that we installed on our cloud infrastructure) but have been unable to do so due to Kaseya's draconian contract policies.

It's important to note that NinjaRMM was allowing us to go month-to-month and switching to Kaseya VSA was one of the worst business decisions I ever made.

It's equally important to note that, if you are considering Kaseya VSA, you will be locked into a 3-year contract that is nearly impossible to escape from once the documents are signed. SolarWinds N-central only requires a 1-year contract and then has month-to-month billing available.

I can provide no good reason for anyone to consider Kaseya VSA when there are dozens of better systems out there to choose from.
Kaseya is the worst remote desktop software I have ever used. I could never understand why I constantly was unable to connect to our remote desktops. Not being able to do my work, the lackluster customer service, and the constant complaints from my workers is the reason why we switched to using Splashtop instead. TeamViewer is used as our "backup" service in case our primary desktop service isn't working, and we had to resort to TeamViewer many times when we were using Kaseya.
October 04, 2019

Kaseya VSA Review

Kewyn Medina | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think that one of the best features Kaseya has over the other tools I mentioned is more maturity and expertise in the area, so you have a good support and good know-how in the network. It also works in most use environments.
Automate is by far more customizable and affordable, a lot of our pain points in Kaseya are addressed with Automate. In our case, we have used Kaseya since 2012-2013 and have started migrating our customers to Automate in the past year.
Derek Schroeder | TrustRadius Reviewer
VSA is easily on par with SolarWinds N-central but ConnectWise Automate is the best tool out there for RMM. Automate shares some of the clunky interface that VSA has, but it is extremely fast and reliable. N-Central has the best organization of the three, it is very easy to understand and use.
James Buchholz | TrustRadius Reviewer
The way LabTech integrates with ScreenConnect and TeamViewer is just SO much better than Kaseya.
I feel like Kaseya is a bit more intuitive though as opposed to LabTech that you should probably get some real training for.
Scripting in LabTech is more reliable. I've never had a script just not run in LabTech like I have in Kaseya.
Christopher Jon Olesch Jr. | TrustRadius Reviewer
Both SolarWinds & Autotask appears to have a better user community, but they have the same issue with out of the box scripts (non-existent). With Kaseya, I can write everything in PowerShell, dos, vb, java, and then have Kaseya execute across applicable devices. In fairness, its been a year since we compared Autotask, and I cannot find my notes on why we axed Autotask (I do remember that there were very critical components missing by Autotask).

When comparing to remote desktop, [LogMeIn and WebEx specifically] I actually prefer Kaseya's Live Connect remote desktop over all others.
Richard Trivedi | TrustRadius Reviewer
It has been a long time since I tested competitors so it would not be fair for me to compare existing version of Kaseya with older versions of the products I have tested int he past. It is very hard to change and I am very Happy with Kaseya therefor no intentions of testing other products.
Racey Cave | TrustRadius Reviewer
There are other products that do some of what Kaseya does, but I've not personally worked with another product that does everything Kaseya does. Sure there are plenty of remote control products, but products that do as much as Kaseya are few and far between. Hard to go wrong with the sheer scope of functionality!
April 15, 2016

Isaac's Review.

Isaac Beyda | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kaseya gives you the capability of doing multiple things within one system. Other systems for example LogMeIn has great remote control but that is the only thing it provides. Kaseya lets you do a numerous amount of things through it and they just keep adding to it. I love Kaseya.