Kashoo Reviews

Newaz Chowdhury | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2020

Basic small business Accounting tool

We are a digital marketing agency. We used Kashoo to manage our basic accounting practices. We use to create and send invoices and track income and expenses. Also, manage our clients.
  • Simple accounting tool
  • Tracks expenses/income
  • Send an invoice to clients
  • Record journal entries
  • Could use better onboarding
  • Support could be better
  • UI/UX could be better
Kashoo is well suited for small businesses and freelance businesses. It'll do all the necessary things needed to manage your finances. If you're a bigger company, then this tool might not be the best because it doesn't do everything. Somethings you have to do manual entries. Could use more automation to make things easier.
Read Newaz Chowdhury's full review
Ken Ivey | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

The perfect app for those who hate bookkeeping. Simple, covers all the bases, and just works!

I use Kashoo exclusively, after having tried more complicated solutions. My favorite feature is the ability to use the app on my phone or iPad when visiting a client, and I need to create or email an invoice on the spot. That way there are no delays or 'forgetting' to enter an invoice or send a statement.
Automating invoices and repeating transactions help me stay focused on what I'm good at -- running my business -- instead of fumbling with bookkeeping.
  • Mobile App.
  • Invoicing.
  • Kashoo works. I've never had an issue.
I hate bookkeeping, but don't have enough volume to farm it out to a professional. That's where Kashoo shines. It's very easy to set up your company and add clients, bills, products, and services. The interface is very intuitive and you don't have to be an accountant to have it up and running.
It's cloud-based, so I never worry about a hard drive failing, losing data, or pulling my hair out if I buy a new computer. If my company expands and I need to share data with financial professionals, there's a provision for adding users to your account.
It's just super-simple to use and works. I've recommended Kashoo to my friends for the past 5 years or so.
Read Ken Ivey's full review
Dani S | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 30, 2019

Kashoo Review

We use it to handle the accounting of a subdivision of the company, an independent legal entity. All the accounting is being done by one person through the browser, from the office, from the home office and from the road through the mobile app Kashoo offers. This is a very convenient feature to be independent geographically and independent of a device / local installation. We completely avoid license key issues we encounter with QuickBooks when working from multiple machines.
  • Mobile app for scanning expenses.
  • Straight to the point actions.
  • Clean user interface (better than the QuickBooks icons!).
  • Importing bank transactions with no upcharge.
  • Receive credit card payments with no credit check.
  • Multi currency on the mobile app.
  • Customization of reports.
Great for a small business. One person can handle the accounting on the side easily without having to hire an accountant for inputting receipts and booking expenses. Kashoo has live support with real people that help with accounting questions. A big plus for small businesses/lay accountants. When you travel you can easily scan the receipts and enter all the information while you are waiting at the airport. All the information will be right there when you resume the PC browser version.
Read Dani S's full review
Daniel Städeli | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 26, 2019

Kashoo can doo when QuickBooks sucks...!

[It's a] Complete accounting solution for my small business. Allows me to enter expenses on the go, without taking much time of opening ever slow QuickBooks, etc.

Kashoo allows me to enter invoices, payments, create tax reportings, shows my credit card balance, and more.... everything I need.
  • Great price
  • Great support
  • Real people help with accounting questions - unheard of!
  • Mobile app for scanning receipts and entering expenses at no upcharge - spectacular!
  • Missing Dashboard when you log in
  • I had some multicurrency issues, as this is not supported on the mobile app
  • Is nearly up to par with QuickBooks
  • Much cheaper than QuickBooks
  • Extra services are included
  • Better documentation than QuickBooks
  • The mobile app allows you to work on your books while you wait in the airport or sitting you know where... ;-)
Read Daniel Städeli's full review
William Steen | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 03, 2018

Kashoo is a simple yet full-featured bookkeeping software

I use Kashoo for bookkeeping and invoicing. It is used across the whole organization. I tried a few different bookkeeping software packages. I found Kashoo is simple to work with but has everything I need. It only takes seconds to add an entry or run a report. The mobile app is well done and very helpful. Customer support is amazing!
  • Invoicing - I can create an invoice and email it directly from within Kashoo. When a payment is received, it is simple to enter the transaction and mark it as paid.
  • Projects - I can assign a Project to a transaction. This way I can get a detailed picture of a specific project on which we are working. I can run a P&L report of just that project or the whole company.
  • Reconcile - Reconciling is a snap when you connect the account to the bank online.
  • If you are doing bookkeeping for more than one company, Kashoo has support for that. You can easily switch between companies as needed.
  • If a credit card has multiple cards associated with it, for example, several employees have cards that link to the main account, Kashoo does not have a way to track those cards individually yet still associate it to the main parent account. To be fair, I have not found a bookkeeping software that does this properly.
  • The transaction search is a little funky. Sometimes I have to type in the complete word to find something, otherwise, it won't display the results I expect. I have only had this issue a few times, but it consistently happens for those specific searches.
  • Kashoo does not track inventory.
It is great for a small company or sole proprietorship. It is simple and easy and allows you to do your bookkeeping without taking too much of your time. It would not be ideal for a company that needs to track inventory.
Read William Steen's full review

API for custom integration (2)
Plug-ins (1)
Single sign-on capability (3)
Role-based user permissions (2)
10.0
Time tracking (1)
Multi-currency support (1)
Regulations compliance (1)
Self-service portal (1)
Global Financial Support (2)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (2)
Intercompany Accounting (1)
Localizations (1)
5.5
Journals and Reconciliations (4)
Enterprise Accounting (1)
Configurable Accounting (1)
Standardized Processes (3)
Pricing (1)
Order entry (1)
Credit card processing (1)
Cost of goods sold (1)

About Kashoo

Kashoo, founded in 2008 and based in Vancouver, offers a simple cloud-based double-entry accounting platform for small businesses. It is mobile-accessible and includes many of the typical features required of accounting platforms, including receipt capture, automated invoicing, tax preparation, financial reports, banking, and expense management features, to name a few.

The Solo price plan for individuals running a sole business can be purchased for $5 per month or for $50 per year. The more advanced Business tier can be purchased for $20 per month or $200 per year, and includes unlimited users and project accounting, so as to manage a network of businesses or a business with multiple locations separately. Kashoo is a strategic partner of Paychex, and integrates with its payroll service.