- We used Kayako as our primary IT Help Desk ticketing system. We purchased and used the On-Prem version and quite some success in its …
Organize and prioritize service tickets (10)
Ticket response (10)
Ticket creation and submission (10)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $29 per month
Kayako is a help desk / ticketing product and is available is both SaaS and on-premise configurations. Is is built in PHP and uses my SQL. The product competes with HelpSpot, ZohoSupport, Freshdesk and Zendesk.
The Kayako Engage edition may be deployed as a live chat system without ticketing at a reduced cost, featuring click-to-call and site visitor monitoring for customer targeting and engagement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Quick responses to questions.
- Gives users a platform to submit trouble tickets, including security issues.
- Created a collaborative support culture.
- Happy customers
- New ideas from clients through features
- Better quality software from reported bugs
- Kayako was fairly priced at the time for the On-Prem solution, so good ROI because the investment was small
- The cost is extremely high for existing customers and the new charges for support and upgrades are excessive.
- Kayako is relatively inexpensive when you look at all the vendors in that field, however, you also get what you pay for in some aspects.
- Kayako tends to raise pricing without notice.
- Kayako has helped our business to grow by allowing us to scale our help desk to accommodate more client companies in an efficient manner.
- Kayako has allowed our customers to have more direct control over their help desk tickets and has made it easier for them to interface directly with our help desk staff.
- The built-in chat features in Kayako that tie to our main website has allowed prospective customers to chat with our sales teams right away, resulting in more business.
- It helped clean up a messy inbox.
- It helped organize and distribute the work to the support team.
- It overcomplicated certain matters (such as ticket reopen scheduling and integration with third-party software).
- Tickets were definitely responded to faster once we implemented the audible alarm that would go off when new tickets came into the queue. This was possible because of the API.
- Since the system was email based we could set our monitoring software up to generate tickets automatically via email for customers when it found something out of the ordinary.
- We have better customer service, and less dropped conversations
- The ROI is worth it, because we are not losing tickets to spam filters as often
- It is very affordable and does a great job based on its cost.
- Kayako has been used as a proactive approach to approving our customer service. If the CSR determines that their may be an issue with a client that needs a manager or directors attention, they can open a ticket. This is then tracked by upper management until it is resolved.
- A department manager is able to view the workload/tickets of their employees to better delegate future client requests.
- I know this helps our efficiency in support! The ability to track all these tickets and see exactly how much work each person is doing is phenomenal.
- Customers get an immediate reply even when our team is backlogged with requests
- Customers who wouldn't normally pick up a phone can get quick access to a rep for help with purchasing decisions. Reps can address multiple customers at a time over live chat assuming that they are not being overly demanding.
- When compared to our old methodology of using Outlook to handle a high volume of customer requests Kayako is not only more efficient but gives the CS Manager a lot more accountability for her reps.
- We use Kayako to manage our daily work responsibilities and customer needs. We couldn't do our job without Kayako.
- Less mistakes with CSRs
- Accountability of employees means rewarding those who do best
- Faster and more reliable ticket response times.
- Less customization up front allows the company to grow with the software rather then assume what they want upfront and hope that they end up using their customizations.
- Reliable and stable software enables administrators to focus on improvements rather than general health of the system.
- Increased employee efficiency
- Better customer service
- Workflow organization
- Kayako does not have the ability (at least we have not found it) to report on most searched tags/documents.
- Can be difficult to attach files or images to tickets.
- The interface could use some work. The interface can be difficult and the color contrast of design is not very strong.
- Able to streamline our handoff process from sales to customer service
- Increased employee efficiency over our previous application.