Reviews (1-4 of 4)
June 02, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
I have been using PDF Reader on my MacBook Pro. I usually use OCR to convert scanned PDFs into editable PDF, which helps me search, correct, and copy the text. I can easily convert my education handbook to electronic documents and share them with my colleagues.
- OCR to convert scanned PDFs to editable PDFs.
- Split large PDF documents into separate, smaller files.
- Switch to dark mode.
- Sometimes the text box isn't in the right position you have placed after flattening a copy.
Read this authenticated review
PDF Reader makes team communication easy when you are working remotely. When your team members work on the same PDF document, you can comment on the PDF by adding sticky notes. The managers can use stamps to place approval with a time and date or indicate the stages in an ongoing document-based process. I expect a standalone program of PDF Reader because it can be much easier for a company to manage licenses and safer without Cloud connection.
March 26, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
This app is pretty wide-ranging, so we actually have employees across several departments using it, from marketing, to sales to accounting. It makes working with PDFs much easier in general, so it's a good idea for each employee to have it. For instance, it is not necessary to use a fax machine or a scanner since the app allows you to do it very quickly, so overall PDF Reader speeds up several processes at once.
- First of all, I really like how the synchronization feature works - it's very convenient to switch between devices (one more advantage of the app - it has a nice mobile version) and still have all the documents right there in the, synced and ready to go.
- Besides, the software provides users not only with annotating features that allow you to highlight and add information, but also allows you to sign documents on the go, without having a necessity to print them, so you don't actually even need an e-signature app.
- Another thing I like is how easy it is to use right away, at least the majority of the tools, anyway.
- In my opinion, the tools/features work well, but the interface should be updated in terms of being simpler and more intuitive. All the features are useful, but it isn't always easy to understand how they work - most are easy to figure out, but a few take time.
- Moreover, I'd like to see some kind of uniformity of the features in different versions of the software. The apps vary depending on what OS the app version is designed for, which isn't always convenient. Personally, I use windows at home and Mac at the office, but I work from home too and don't like that I have to keep in mind what features are accessible and which aren't - can be quite confusing.
Read Debra Melton's full review
In my opinion, the software is good for performing any PDF operations related to annotating, faxing, converting, highlighting, e-signing, including reading (if using mobile version of the application). There is also an ability to edit files, but in my opinion it's not really comfortable to do on a mobile device because of the lack of keyboard.
March 24, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
PDF Reader has actually been essential to all our employees - from editing PDFs to signing documents and collaborating on certain projects, it's being used by basically everyone. It's not our main solution for e-signatures, although it works quite well, it's still great for doing lots of PDF-related tasks that I and my colleagues deal with on the daily basis.
- The ability to fax documents without having to use a fax machine or a scanner is great - saves time and other resources (paper, man hours etc.).
- It's also nice having the feature to convert files right away in the app - and the number of various formats you're able to convert to PDF is quite high.
- The overall multifunctionality of this app is also something worth mentioning since it has features for highlighting text, editing PDFs, creating and filling out forms and much more.
- Well, there are a few downsides, I guess, but not very significant ones. Firstly, because of the large amount of features the interface doesn't look as simple as I wish it did - it's a bit overcrowded.
- Secondly, because of the first issue that I've mentioned, adjusting to the software takes longer than it could if the interface was simpler. For me personally, it wasn't a big issue, but for those who don't get accustomed to unfamiliar tools easily it could be a problem.
- Finally, there is one more problem that is actually not significant at all, but when you want to load a document from the Cloud or open the task manager, the app will open a new window for those tools every time - it can be a bit confusing because of so many windows being opened at once.
Read Hadassah Ari's full review
I don't think that the laptop version is good for reading/looking over documents and even though the software works fine with files of large sizes, the interface isn't convenient enough for the reading part. Apart from that, the app is really useful in all kinds of other ways when it comes to editing, splitting/combining and so on. It's also great for highlighting and editing texts, faxing, converting and adding e-signatures.
March 18, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
This software is mostly being used by the company's assistants and the employees who work with PDFs and other documents on a daily basis. Most of our documentation is PDFs, so having software that allows us to edit, sign and share PDFs is essential.
- The app is great for signing documents after they are edited - it works well on all devices and e-signatures can be added without any additional tools and you're not attached to a particular device either.
- Editing PDFs is also incredibly easy - there are plenty of tools for that, as well as being able to view all kinds of other documents formats, not just PDFs.
- Sharing documents is also something that is quite easy with PDF Reader - sending out signed contracts and agreements, collaborating on document editing and so on. This tool is quite versatile, in general.
- The laptop version needs to be upgraded - its functionality isn't as high as the app. There are less tools and it's a bit slow at times.
- Also, the tools/features vary quite a bit across different platforms, so iOS and Android have a different set which isn't great in terms of UX.
- Also, the phone app UI could be improved - it's a bit piled on at the moment.
Read Rosamond Hutchinson's full review
I think PDF Reader is great for editing PDFs. There are lots of tools to take advantage of such as reading, editing, faxing, converting, signing, highlighting and so on - so if you're on the go, it's easy to stay productive. I think the overall functionality could be increased with some tools, just to make it fully and truly useful. In some cases, you do need to use different software if you're working on a laptop or a desktop since PDF Reader is great on the phone, just not so much on the larger devices.
Kdan Mobile PDF Reader Scorecard Summary
About Kdan Mobile PDF Reader
PDF Reader is a document productivity solution that supports a wide range of document features allowing users to view, annotate, combine, organize, and sign PDF forms. Extract text content from images through the OCR converter. Quickly backup and send files to friends, classmates, and colleagues via email or any popular Cloud storage service. With PDF Reader mobile and desktop apps, you can easily work with PDFs from your smart devices and seamlessly transfer them and continue your work back on Mac or PC.
Categories: PDF Editors
Kdan Mobile PDF Reader Screenshots
Markup PDFs, fill forms & write on slidesArrange files, folders or pages with drag and dropRecognize texts on images for later searching and editingConvert PDF to or from Office documents and other file formatsSign directly on the screen using your finger or stylusTransfer files from email, web, and mainstream cloud storage servicesRotate, add, delete & export pagesResize PDF by splitting or extracting selected pages as a new PDF
Kdan Mobile PDF Reader Integrations
Kdan Mobile PDF Reader Competitors
Kdan Mobile PDF Reader Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Document 365 monthly plan||9.99||per user|
|Document 365 quarterly plan||19.99||per user|
|Document 365 yearly plan||59.99||per user|
|Document 365 Business||Special Price||over 10 users|
Kdan Mobile PDF Reader Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||15%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||5%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||0%|
Kdan Mobile PDF Reader Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Kdan Mobile PDF Reader Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese|