Keeper

Keeper Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

We use Keeper to provide a secure way to house and share passwords to various web account such as social media, procurement websites, various portals, etc. We use it primarily on a team basis where we have shared accounts. Prior to Keeper, the solution was the inevitable - spreadsheets being shared via email or printed out and handed around. It was painful, insecure and impossible to manage. Keeper gave a simple and easy-to-manage solution to this problem.
  • Ease of use. User find it simple and intuitive to use and I find they rapidly adjust to the software with minimal training.
  • Single-sign-on. Super important and really makes things simple for the users and easy to manage for us in the IT team.
  • Sharing features. We knew sharing was a key component of our password management solution. Keeper makes it easy for users and simple to administer.
  • Decommissioning users isn't as simple as I'd like. If a user disappears from AD with SSO enabled, it can be a challenge (or impossible) to recover their passwords.
  • It would be good if there was a long period in which the browser plug-in would keep you logged in. It's a pain having to re-sign in each time you open a browser (even with SSO enabled).
  • Adding another tier to each group such that each group could have a manager would be helpful in the continuity of departmental password management. Inevitably, users end up with a bunch of their own passwords that their manager should have access to, but there is no easy way to administer this situation.
It is great for the management of passwords across organizational departments or specific cross-functional teams. The sharing feature is well suited to this. It may get harder to administer effectively (i.e., feel like you are in control) when there are many, many groups. Also, if there are groups or departments with high staff turnover, the administration efforts may get more difficult, and the chances that someone may have access to something they shouldn't increases.
Keeper was used as a way to protect our organization from potential data breaches and cyberthreats related to password security. It was used by one segment of our employee population as a test to see how the system worked and if there was a benefit in implementing it across the entire organization.
  • Password management
  • Auditing - tracking, monitoring, and logging for compliance and reporting
  • Secure credential sharing
  • Doesn't have fully automated password updates
Keeper is obviously well suited to manage passwords and securely share credentials with colleagues. It is a zero-knowledge platform which is also an ideal scenario when talking about securely storing password information. Accessing the vault is easy and the incorporation into browsers makes it very easy to use without getting in the way.
Paula Byrd | TrustRadius Reviewer
Increases productivity, makes gathering data online more efficient, and keeps all the information you could possibly need (or want) at your fingertips! A must have for anyone...
I'm able to access my passwords, all of my clients' passwords, and any other account information or verification codes I save there.

• Organizes files into folders.
  • Use Subfolders within main folders.
  • Limits a user's attempts to access information, and then destructs the file on a particular device.
  • More pre-formatted fields to add to files (account #, Secret Questions, etc).
  • I would like the ability to personalize by changing color themes to any color(s).
Security, ease of use, syncs across devices.
January 16, 2019

Best Password Manager

Iryna Orliuk | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses Keeper as main password manager. It's provided for each employee to make passwords secure. Keeper is not one of the fanciest tools, but it's totally one of the best cloud-based password managers. It stores your passwords, generates new ones if you need, has 2-factor authentication, and may provide you with login suggestions while filling in a form.
  • Easy to use - you can easily access it anywhere and anytime you want (it has mobile apps, web and desktop versions)
  • High level of security - 2-step authentication with your phone number
  • Simple to save and get passwords and login information. Keeper fills it in for you. It may create complex passwords for you
  • Syncs across all devices
  • The automatic web form filling is sometimes annoying popping up not in right places sometimes
Keeper is the best place to keep your login information as well as payment card information. It really is a time saver - creating strong passwords for you and filling forms up automatically. You won't need to remember your security info ever again - it's all safe in one place with 2-factor authentication.
Jenny Knafo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Keeper helps organizations to protect and manage passwords on smartphones, tablets, and computers, so it's really easy to implement it across the whole organization in a secure digital vault.
  • I love the Keeper DNA feature! Instead of using a code sent to a device, Keeper DNA uses a person’s connected object device to create a unique “Keeper DNA Profile”. Apple Watch will be the first to support Keeper DNA but it will soon spread to other devices.
  • Keeper allows users to attach photos and videos in a digital vault in addition to passwords. Users can take pictures of their passports or credit card and store them in their vault without having to save those pictures in their phone.
  • All the preloaded application is surely an interesting feature, Keeper is the only product that has been evaluated, approved and preloaded by main mobile carriers.
  • I find that Keeper could use some work with their desktop interface, a sleeker and friendlier user interface would definitely benefit them.
  • Keeper doesn’t have a Security Dashboard, which makes it more complicated to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your passwords.
  • The automatic web form filling is somewhat limited at the time, but im sure they will improve it soon.
I find that for personal use, the fact that Keeper can be downloaded for free is great. It will give you access to their base functionalities on one device with no backup protection. The Enterprise edition offers a galore of features that are great for whole organizations like unlimited devices, password storage, cloud backups and sharing while offering 24/7 support.
Terry Farrell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Keeper for years now, and it takes the stress out of remembering all the passwords in your life. I also love the idea that it will create a password for you that’s impossible for anyone to come up with. It really is the best program for password protection.
  • Keeps passwords secure.
  • Creates complex passwords for you.
  • Adds extra security feature of thumb print access.
  • I honestly haven’t come across any cons where Keeper is concerned. Anytime I’ve had a question, their customer service is very responsive.
In companies where you have to change passwords often and aren’t allowed to use the previous 5 passwords, it can be difficult to come up with something new. Keeper takes that out of the equation and will create one for you. Also, it will also allow for passwords to be pulled from keeper, to fill information on websites. This is particularly useful if you don’t remember your password, and prevent you from having to toggle back and forth between the app and the website.
November 10, 2017

Keeper is a keeper!

Jennifer Egas | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Keeper for my professional and personal passwords. There are so many passwords these days and they all have different requirements/specifications. I can't keep up with all of the criteria and the passwords I have used. Keeper saves me lots of frustration and angst on a daily basis. I can't imagine how I survived without Keeper and the Keeper app on my phone!
  • I can keep all of my usernames and passwords in one place protected by one password. I can at least remember ONE password!
  • I can keep my information (financial accounts, professional accounts, etc.) all in one place!
  • I can access the information anywhere I need to log in, so I all I need is my phone or an Internet connection and I have all my important information--usernames, passwords, account numbers, etc.
  • I can't think of any "cons." Seriously.
Keeper is the best way to keep all of my pertinent information safe. No more lists that are unsecured and no more requesting password resets! I would recommend Keeper to anyone these days--we all have tons of usernames and passwords. So everyone needs to download Keeper now! (I even keep my children's important information in my Keeper account!)
February 08, 2018

Life made simple

Angela Detter | TrustRadius Reviewer
It allows all users access to current passwords. Users can have multiple devices and programs which the can use Keeper as a resource.
  • Browser interface saves time
  • Password creation helps to limit easy to guess passwords
  • Interface with mobile apps helps when on the go
  • Compatibility with more apps
  • Ability to print out passwords for review
  • Ability to archive unused or closed accounts
Well suited for Students Employees Organizations Less suited for People set in their ways
Sarah Ott | TrustRadius Reviewer
Keeper was initially used by me, but I have since added it to the other administrator here in our office to store the multitude of passwords that we use on our various purchasing websites, and websites that we manage. Many of the sites we use require us to change our passwords periodically. It has made this process much easier and has given us a safe way to store and share those password additions and changes with one another. On a personal level, I have used Keeper for over 4 years to personally manage all of my various accounts and websites. I love that I have the security of strong individual passwords on all my sites, with the ease of remembering one strong individual password for all of them.
  • Strong Password Generator. Tap the dice and Keeper instantly generates a strong random password. You never have to come up with one on your own.
  • Keeper Fill. I enter my master password and hit a button, Keeper does the rest. Simple.
  • Multi-platform. I love that I can use Keeper on my phone, laptop, or desktop.
  • The only thing that I have found that I do not like is that there is no warning before the subscription expires.
Keeper is well suited in all scenarios. I have not found any areas that it is not appropriate for.
I personally chose to use Keeper for my work and personal passwords and have recommended it to several colleagues. It is being used to keep up with passwords that need to be changed on a regular basis so the random password generator comes in handy to create complex codes. It is perfect for work and personal needs.
  • Creates random, complex passwords.
  • Can create folders for specific types of information (i.e. work, personal, school).
  • Can connect multiple devices to one, single log-in.
  • If you purchase the premium then after the subscription expires, you can't edit your passwords any longer even if you could before you purchased the paid subscription.
If you have to constantly update a password for work or whatever, this is a great way to keep up with what your current password is. Also, it is a great way to create a long complex password. As for scenarios where it isn't appropriate, I honestly can't think of one. I use it for all passwords and codes.
Neil Scott | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Keeper every day to protect my passwords to the various websites that I have and I use it in my home environment for home banking, storing valuable documents that contain sensitive information, contracts etc., and for ease of use in entering websites where I need to use a username and password.

It's a great product, has fingerprint recognition and is very quick, makes my workflow a lot easier to use.
  • Entering websites where passwords user names are needed
  • Fingerprint recognition
  • Storage of files
  • Storage of photos
  • Family sharing
  • GUI could be a little more better, clearer
  • One off payment
  • iPhone and Mac sync without payment
Because it is so good. It always works, has not crashed even in 3 years; I have a lot of data in it (never any problems).
Salvatore Porcillo | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Keeper for personal use. I've used the app for over 7 years and genuinely love the app, its ease of use, functionality and how it makes me more efficient. Additionally, the app interfaces very well with my PC and smartphone.
  • The app allows me to keep all my passwords and other important information in one accessible location for easy retrieval.
  • The ability to store photos of items within the app and have access to the information and photos 24/7 is just so convenient.
  • The cost of the app is nothing compared to the payback.
  • Personally, I believe Keeper is an excellent app and has no real flaws to speak of. Love everything about it.
The app is perfect for everyone. My whole family, wife, son and daughter are using it and we can share passwords that are common to all of us, which is another great feature of the App.
May 05, 2017

Life changing

Nicole M. Delgado | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Keeper for a little over 4 years now. I absolutely love how secure it is and is intended just for what I need and nothing more or less. I have a lot of different programs I use at work and to be able to keep all passwords stored in one place and me not have to remember them all is great!!! I highly recommend Keeper for all of your password security needs.
  • Stored passwords
  • Secure with encryption
  • User-friendly
  • Have less options
  • Make the secure file area more user friendly
  • Revise the look of the app
Having a lot of different passwords for programs and them all requesting different things - it's nice to have it stored so I don't constantly keep getting locked out because I forget each specific requirement.
Happy Guadalupe | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Keeper for personal use. It's helped me to keep up with all of my account user IDs and passwords. Having close to 100 online accounts, Keeper has been a key application in my life. I no longer write down my passwords on paper.
  • From my phone, whenever I need to sign on to an account, I simply press the Keeper icon and it opens the applications to load my credentials.
  • Roll the dice... a cool function within Keeper which created a random password for you.
I really don't think about it too much. I call it my second brain. I've found myself so so so many times forgetting user names and passwords, having to reset them which is not only inconvenient but also time consuming. I cannot recall the last time I had to reset a password. Well, maybe two years ago when I first got Keeper.
Anton Liakhovich | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Keeper as my work and personal passwords storage. It's my personal decision and I also recommended it to my colleagues. It is very handy to operate with passwords that need to be changed regularly because of the embedded password generator. It's very easy to use and perfect for work and personal needs.

Very easy and addictive to use. The Chrome extension is must have. The mobile application is very helpful as well, especially with fingerprint support.
  • Fingerprints support
  • Browser extensions
  • Family subscription and sharing
  • Folders rearrangement via drag/drop
It is very easy and addictive, right there where you need it (on your phone, browser or even Windows app). Now they even have an Edge extension.
Jared Wilford | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Keeper across our tech department. We have multiple sites so this helps with keeping and sharing passwords for our switches, VMs and all other hardware in a secure and easy to use way. The ability to share individual passwords between users allows for me to keep a tight rein on who can access what infrastructure within the company.
  • Sharing of passwords between users - So damn handy to keep control over what my team is able to access
  • Easy to use interface - What can I say?
  • Support - Had an issue that was critical and their support resolved it instantaneously, very little downtime
  • None that I have found yet
It's been wonderful for us as a company with multiple locations and various hardware/software combos. It's safe, it's straight forward and it works. Sharing passwords with those who need them and then revoking access to those passwords has helped with managing what staff is accessing and limiting individuals' liability. As a manager, having this kind of control keeps my mind at ease.
Carm Aderman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Keeper is an easy and highly effective password security program I use personally and professionally. I have used Keeper for several years and love how easy it is to use, especially for the deep security it offers. It creates unique and intricate passwords for each different website and I only have to remember one password--my Keeper password. It syncs between my phone, tablet, and laptop, making it easy to use all the time. I love this product and wouldn't go online without it.
  • It syncs easily between phone, tablet, and laptop so I can work on any of them at any time.
  • I have never had a breach of my data in all these years of using Keeper.
  • I only have one password to remember and have an entire library of powerful passwords for all the different websites I use.
  • It took me a while to discover I could change the settings in the Keeper app so it stays open for some minutes while I am working on my phone or tablet. Once I found the settings, it became far more efficient to use.
Keeper works equally well in a family setting or at work. The powerful passwords protect your data and because I have it create unique ones for each website, the odds of cross-contamination of the websites is minimal. I use it for my work, for my small business, and for personal use.
Derrick Brown, R.T.(R)(CT) | TrustRadius Reviewer
It does exactly what it says. I needed a way to stay organized and secure at the same time with my passwords and logins. I have access anywhere I am in the world and only have to remember one password now to be able to access any of my information that is needed. Over all this is a great piece of software.
  • Secures my information.
  • Backs up my information.
  • Available anywhere and anytime I need to access it.
  • Lower price.
Great for personal use and secures all your passwords and information, but locks you into the Keeper infostructure if you have lots of stored information.
Keeper is used across our Marketing Department. With various stock sites, social media platforms, websites, etc. It was becoming increasingly frustrating to manage or keep track of all of our logins and passwords without writing it down somewhere (IT frowns upon this). Keeper has addressed this issue without any hiccups. The best feature is our department's ability to create a shared folder where our team can access any of the needed accounts without having to track down the original user.
  • Account & password organization.
  • Account management.
  • Ease of use.
  • Don't ask for a password save for every empty field.
Again, in our account management. It allows any new accounts created to be automatically logged into our marketing folder when someone has to quickly sign-up for a service or complete an order on the fly. When asked if someone can re-order, change something, etc. all they have to do is go to the site and Keeper will automatically pull in the username and password. This is a huge time-saver and keeps us from getting frustrated when passing along the info.
I have not had any issues where I've had to call on support for a fix. This would be the reason I would give it a 10/10. No issues in 2-years.
May 31, 2016

Great buy

Dr Philip J M Leech | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Keeper personally. It was recommended by a previous employer. I am happy to recommend it to colleagues as many of us are required to handle sensitive information. Its so easy to use.
  • After a long time of using bad passwords, or writing them down. I decided to get serious. I looked at the alternatives, but keeper was the best product at the best value.
  • Its Chrome app is brilliant - always ready when I need a new password or an old one.
  • The Android app is excellent. It even integrates with other apps.
  • There isn't much to complain about. I think there may be a few too many reminders to back up. But nothing serious.
It's brilliant. Always in the background - so it's there when you need it and not intrusive when you don't.

Keeper Scorecard Summary

What is Keeper?

Keeper secures passwords, documents and sensitive digital assets, and boasts millions of users. With Keeper, businesses can auto-generate high-strength passwords, protect sensitive files in an encrypted digital vault, securely share records with teams and integrate with SSO, LDAP and 2FA.

In 2021 Keeper launched Keeper SSO Connect, a SAML 2.0 service that integrates with any existing SSO solution - enhancing and extending it with zero-knowledge password management and encryption. Keeper SSO Connect provides secure authentication and end-to-end encryption across websites, systems and applications.

Keeper Features

• Supported: Two-Factor Authentication
  • Supported: Random Password Generator
  • Supported: Version Control and Record History

Keeper Screenshots

Autofill Passwords in Websites & AppsBusiness & Enterprise ProtectionDark Web Monitoring & AlertsEnhanced Two-Factor AuthenticationIncrease Organization with SubfoldersSecure File & Password Sharing

Keeper Integrations

Keeper EnterpriseContact Keeper for pricing

Keeper Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesGlobal
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Russian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Romanian, Slovak