KeepTruckin

KeepTruckin Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Marissa Garcia | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are safety consultants and it had been an implemented law that truck drivers who qualify to have an ELD must install one. We came upon KeepTruckin and found that their services are accurate, up to date, and sufficient enough for the FMCSA regulations. How we know KeepTruckin so well is by having our clients purchase services with them and I help train them and get their ELD's installed in their semis.
  • GPS Tracking
  • Mile Reporting
  • HOS Tracking
  • Customer Support
  • Updating Application
  • Quotes
For those who are owner-operators, [I felel] they could move along and save money. With that being said you wouldn't have to pay "too much" for just an ELD and monthly services. But I would always recommend KeepTruckin first to any of my clients looking for an ELD service. For those who have large fleets, it is HIGHLY recommended. Most accurate tracking, the application for the driver is legible, easy to use, driver and manager pamphlets are supplied along with stickers to show anyone that they are in compliance, and well, you really do pay for the services provided.
Not too terrible on customer support but sometimes it sounds like a VERY distant call which can get in the way of the objective on why the call was made. Lack of communication.
KeepTruckin ELDs are used by 97% of our fleet to track vehicle locations, mileage, driver status, hours of service, and trailer (asset) location. Drivers are able to record travel events in the "Forms" section of driver logs. Driving safety events are recorded using ELD and a front-facing dashcam. Insurance savings for both cargo/liability and physical coverages are facilitated through our use of KeepTruckin equipment. Though my experience with this Keep Truckin software is limited in longevity I feel that mileage, location, and driver log records are accurate according to user command and input. Customer service has always been readily available, reliable, and courteous. I would recommend KeepTruckin software to others.
  • Truck and trailer tracking location history [and current] are accurate.
  • Historical data of driver status and movement is readily available.
  • Nearly 100% ELD operation. There are geographical areas where signals may be lost, though very rare.
  • IFTA charge-back report option is not available. Our fleet is largely O/Os. Each O/O truck needs to know IFTA tax due/credit per jurisdiction.
  • Dashcam use is new to our fleet. High dysfunction (15%) of equipment.
  • Shipping delays for equipment ordered.
Keep Truckin has proven a useful tool for my purposes and those of our company dispatchers. I would like to see an IFTA chargeback report for all our drivers. The accuracy of KeepTrukin data gives me confidence in this software. Customer support must be commended for their knowledge, patience, and courtesy.
As previously stated, customer support staff are knowledgeable, patient and courteous. It is comforting to me hearing voices of the same support staff members month after month of phone inquiries.
Drivers, administrators ease of use.
We have a gateway ELD,ELD subscription and data subscription through KeepTruckin. The products and services are used by me, the owners and our driver. we are able to stay in compliance with D.O.T. by using the electronic log system. we are also able to receive information on fault codes with our truck. We have constant location data available in regards to the location of our truck and product. We are able to update customers on E.T.A of our truck and know when delivery has been made allowing us to send the final invoice.
  • Customer support is excellent, I called basically new to all this and just knowing that our company had just gotten its first truck and driver and that we needed to be in compliance. I received all the information I needed to make a decision with no pressure. I made my choice partially based on a great product and service package they were offering. Since then I've had questions about other products and they've been most helpful and even added data to the standard amount that comes with a subscription for a very reasonable price.
  • Technical support is also a strong point of theirs. Our driver and honestly myself as well are not that tech-savvy and when we had problems with either the gateway itself or one of the corresponding apps, tech support walked us through and got everything working and working the way we wanted it to.
  • We also enjoy add on product info they share with us and promotional offers
  • I am not sure if this is a keep truckin problem or a gateway problem but the logs could be a little easier to edit when a mistake has been made
  • The driver app and connecting to the vehicle has had some past issues that could maybe be resolved by a better app but technical support did help us through it
  • The gateway codes sometimes dont match with exact codes in truck, gateway seems much more sensitive which could be a good thing
I believe probably KeepTruckin is well suited for any scenario where a company has a truck on the road, it's going to provide some sort of advantage even if you're just driving very locally. But definitely, if you are going to be traveling out of state it's a must-have. Also multiple trucks will be much easier to manage ect with KeepTruckin.
We have had several issues with the app and the ELD itself (some of this may have been operator error) and technical support has been great and got the issue resolved quickly and easily. They stayed on phone with us for as long as we needed and walked us through getting a problem resolved and once resolved have checked back with us to make sure the problem was resolved and sent helpful links
[We use KeepTrucking in order to maintain] compliance with federal regulations and for tracking our units throughout our system
  • notice of un assigned driving
  • hours of service
  • tracking of units
  • compliance with 395 regulations
  • maintenance of units
  • easier way to pull violation reports for each driver 1 at a time
  • less notices for 30 second driving unassigned
  • ability to correct a driver drive time to PC when the driver makes a mistake
KeepTruckin is great for tracking drivers on the road, and makes it easy to contact a driver if needed. It is also easy to send out a fleet message to all drivers
They answer the phone quickly and correct any issue very quick. If they feel there is a component issue they replace it fast.
We use this for ELD requirements, engine diagnostics, GPS locations and monthly and quarterly reports. This program is vital for a number of areas in our company and has made my life significantly easier with having multiple options under one platform. I am able to monitor where my drivers are even when they are out of cell service, complete monthly and quarterly reports more efficiently due to the GPS monitoring mileage in each state and breaking it down by month, and the program has helped to identify engine issues as well.
  • GPS locator
  • IFTA reports are made easier
  • Logs are simpler
  • It would be nice to see a way to link mileage for the day with the log so I don’t have to search for it separately for a report.
We use many of the features of KeepTruckin, but there are many that we don’t use either. So far I am only utilizing four or five of the reports functions.
We have had only a couple of issues and both of them were resolved with a simple call from myself or the driver.
Lawrence De La Garza | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to monitor our fleet drivers whereabouts, as well as using it as our ELD.
  • Monitors drivers safety
  • Monitor drivers whereabouts
  • ELD
  • Editing errors
  • Customer service feed back
  • Log signatures
I can see where my drivers are located so I know how long my yard crew has to prep for the next load. This also gives me the opportunity to add or subtract from loads. I had a late add-on instead of bothering my driver who was driving I was able to monitor his whereabouts and make the decision to add the load which helps satisfy our client.
They are the best, with no issues.
June 25, 2021

KeepTrucking ELD

Joseph Heard | TrustRadius Reviewer
It takes care of the ELD mandate, and it does show the current location of vehicles. It's pretty accurate. It is easy to implement and train on. It does not take an I.T. person to install it. I was able to install it on my truck in about 30 minutes without any issues.
  • Alerts to possible HOS violations before they actually happen
  • It goes to on duty if stopped for a period of time, saving drive time
  • Automatically does your recap
  • Alerts to possible unsafe driving habits
  • Administration privileges on a laptop seems to load slowly sometimes
Keeps the driver at work instead of trying to handwrite the logs with fewer errors.
I needed help in deciding which ELD to use and they were most helpful in assisting me.
September 21, 2021

We Use Our ELD

Keep Trucking is being used across our whole organization but specifically as the primary Electronic Logging Device for the driver. This item is critical in the daily operation of our company to ensure we stay in compliance with FMCSA regulatory guidance. The Fleetview/Live in real time feature keeps you on track with exactly where your driver is located and gives you more information to estimate what time they will arrive to a certain destination.

Additionally, we enjoy the features of adding Insurance company access to be able to use our safe driving history that will ultimately positively affect our rates. We track the driver ratings and take the recommendations for improving our performance seriously.

The WEX/EFS feature is especially helpful during the preparation of quarterly IFTA. We have used the Loadboard feature to find loads in the immediate area of our last stop.

Overall,we think this product is right for our company and we will recommend it to our friends and other business partners.

• Fleetview Live
  • Distance Summary by State
  • Load Board feature
  • connectivity
  • fleet view in real time
  • integration with other platforms
Well suited when trying to locate driver during in climate weather.

Less appropriate for Broker/Freight Forwarder to track driver just for the purpose of position location
I believe customer service always has room for improvement
KeepTruckin is being used by my organization as the primary ELD in my company trucks, department ( equipment). [KeepTruckin] keeps my business in compliance.
  • [KeepTruckin] alerts driver before a violation occur.
  • [KeepTruckin] automatically generates split sleeper berth clock.
  • [KeepTruckin] app is very user friendly. This makes the logging process simple, eliminates complicated learning curves.
  • An added feature could be a gps integrated inside the app
  • Perhaps a section for truck parking
  • Also integrating prepass and ez pass
[KeepTruckin is] the one stop program for electronic log data. It has all the necessary features with no fluff[.]
Support has been wonderful. There is no long waits when calling for an issue or fix. Customer service is pleasant and knowable.
It didn't rate 10 because it seems agents are overseas[.]
JERMAN LOERA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use KeepTruckin as ELD provider in our fleet. The problem we had in the past is the sales department, we were not able to purchase more devices due to disorganized sales with KeepTruckin CSR.
  • Keep track of your IFTA.
  • Good GPS.
  • Good display on logs.
The sales department is not well organized.
When it comes to ELD support, they are pretty good.
June 30, 2021

Flawless

I have used KeepTruckin for about 5 years. Daily operations are smooth and hassle free. I have never had a issue with the equipment or staying logged in. It really has been hassle free from day 1. I would never consider changing elog providers. I highly recommend KeepTruckin.
  • Never had equipment problems.
  • Easy to use.
  • Never log in issues.
  • Their billing department is only flaw.
Highly recommend.
I gave it a 7 because I had billing issues and it was a nightmare to get fixed.
We currently use KeepTruckin across the entire organization for ELD compliance and asset tracking. We plan to continue using KeepTruckin across our entire fleet and feel that it is a service provider with products we can count on to grow with us as we expand. It is my experience that the KeepTruckin ELD system is best and easiest ELD system on the market. It solves the problem of having a dependable and reliable system. We count on KeepTruckin support that is available to us and our drivers 24/7/365. I especially love that when we call for support they know who we are and they are always able to resolve any issue we or our drivers are having with the ELD system 100% of the time. The service support team are always knowledgeable, helpful and friendly 100% of the time. I feel like they are part of our team and not just an outside/external service solution provider.
  • The KeepTruckin IVR system pre-validates us before speaking to a support representative so we don’t have waste time going over the information again.
  • The support team is always respectful, courteous and very knowledgeable about their product. Even if we can’t explain an issue well, they seem to always be able to decipher what the issue is and help us resolve it. The issues we have experienced are usually user based and not because the system is flawed.
  • KeepTruckin provided quality expert support from answering questions before we choose their solution all the way through to installation and end user support. They were there every step of the way so we could get it done right the first time. The KeepTruckin ELD is easy to install and use. It plugs into all standard 9-pin, 6-pin, or OBDII diagnostic ports and since our fleet of vehicles are newer mixed models including Mack and Volvo trucks, KeepTruckin provides special cable harnesses. We specified the type of diagnostic port in we needed for each vehicle. They also provide Y-cables so we can hide the cabling behind a trim panel.
  • Sometimes the GPS location timing is not quite exactly accurate with where a vehicle is actually located. I believe this is attributed poor cell tower signals in various areas, especially mountainous areas so I don’t feel it’s KeepTruckin’s ELD system’s issue.
  • I believe the KeepTruckin software to be excellent and well-balanced,
  • I really like all of the training materials KeepTruckin provides on its website.
  • I especially like that KeepTruckin seems to invest well in hiring the best support staff and ensuring all of their support staff are well trained, patient, confident and knowledgeable about their system. I hope they will never cut corners in this area.
When we were having an issue with our drivers reflecting as “unidentified drivers” and couldn’t seem to figure out the issues, we contacted KeepTruckin and the support person was able to log into our system and identify the issues, explain it to us and help us and our driver correct the issue so that it wouldn’t happen again. We especially appreciate that KeepTruckin seems to invest well in hiring the best support staff and ensuring all of their support staff are well trained, confident and knowledgeable about their system. I hope they will never cut corners in this area.
KeepTruckin seems to invest well in hiring the best support staff and ensuring all of their support staff are well trained, confident, patient and knowledgeable about their system. They never seem to rush us off or make us feel stupid for asking a question. They are always courteous, respectful and professional. They seem to be customer satisfaction focused, as well as focused on resolving any issue the first time. We have never had to call about the same issue twice. I hope they will never cut corners in this area.
[KeepTruckin] is used by all of our employees. We use it everyday and we use it to keep the logs and miles for all of our trucks.
  • It has easy to find reports.
  • Administrators can log on and see where all of their trucks are at and get detailed information.
  • This product helps us stay compliant with federal regulations.
  • The price point for this service and its features such as mileage and fuel tracking are amazing.
  • Some of the reports do not show up correctly on an iPad. It can be hard to see all information.
  • The receipt tracking has had some issues in the past and is still a little cumbersome for some of the drivers.
  • If there is a human error in reporting, some times it cannot be changed which is a problem when looking at the logs
[KeepTruckin] helps us stay compliant with federal regulations, but it offers services and features that make it easier for office staff to stay on top of their reports as well.
When I have a question I can call in the customer service team is always helpful and knowledgeable about the product.
We use KeepTruckin for our daily ELD and hours logging. We use it for our entire fleet of Satellite Trucks that travel all over the country covering live sporting events, news, corporate meetings, etc. For us, it addresses our need to switch to electronic logging due to a phase out of paper logs. It's given us a single pane of glass to view and administer driver hours and service details.
  • Easy to understand user interface
  • Easy to manage from a fleet manager's perspective, the ease of adding and administering drivers is simple and quick.
  • Hardware is easy to install
  • Customer support has been good for the small problems I've had.
  • User interface is hard to manipulate for multiple days - I'll detail below.
  • Occasionally a driver will forget to go "Off Duty" - and leave himself/herself "On-Duty, not driving" for multiple days (like over a weekend). It's so clunky to go in to each day and change the hours. It would be nice to have the ability to click multiple days and reset to "Off Duty".
  • Personal Conveyance is used frequently in our environment, there should be a way to "lock" personal conveyance on until disabled, because when you make a mistake and accidentally log it as "On Duty - Driving" it cannot be modified. This has messed up a drivers ability to reset their driving/hours clock MANY times, and is something that needs to be addressed.
  • Would be nice to have multiple screen views or customizable screen views. When using on a smartphone, sometimes the text is too small or not helpful when trying to get information at a glance (hours on duty, driving time, etc).
  • I would like to see the terminal box itself be shrunk down so it can be mounted in a way that isn't so out in the open. Perhaps an option for a GPS antenna would be nice so it could be mounted behind/under the dash.
  • I'd like to see an option for loading fleet documents (Other documents like insurance cards, IFTA, etc) so their in a digital form all in one place.
We don't have a large fleet of trucks - so I'm not sure how easy it would be to administer if there were hundreds of trucks. I can speak from our perspective that has less than 10 employees [KeepTruckin] covers everything we need it to and makes reporting easy.
Support has been good, however, the few times I've had to call in for support, it's either taken a long time to get someone to return a call, or the person on the other end doesn't seem to understand DOT rules and why we're having a problem with the logs. For example, I called about the aforementioned Personal Conveyance issues, an the person on the other end was like "Yeah, don't know how you can fix it, just going to have to deal with it". Seemed like a call center.
Across the whole organization, Wifi needs to be increased without additional expenses. If the driver is uploading all documents, 1 GB is not enough per vehicle. With 20 drivers loading up all documents(fuel, BOL, scale tickets) we should have available min 1.5GB per driver. Do we need to monitor the driver's consumption? Yes, but also we need the included capacity to operate without having additional cost. There are now so many providers out there doing similar services cheaper, but KeepTruckin's operation and support are quite good, some times you need to call twice, but is ok. It would be important for KeepTruckin to add 2 more features: showing driver's RPM and trailer hand valve operation.
  • 24/7 Eld Support
  • Has a good verity of dashboard features.
  • Implementing rule changes in Canada to update in the system too.
  • Tablet for update should do that without wifi over USB
  • Wifi needs to be increased without additional cost.
  • Showing RPM of vehicle for minimizing damage on engines.
  • Showing trailer hand valve operation to avoid wear out on trailer brakes.
  • Have the possibility to locate drivers based on location easier. For example, entering a location to find all drivers in an area.
  • let Tablet update via USB connector not only wifi
Everything is already in the review. They are doing well. When calling as an administrator, I would appreciate being transferred to someone specializing in the area I'm calling about, but, in comparison to other providers, I would choose KeepTruckin.
Like I said for administrators, there could be some time based on the topic to go faster— not to say that support is bad.
every body is in certain areas very good, some other wick, easiest way split by strength the department
support and function most time satisfactory, some thing for improvement is in the other chapters mentioned
Our drivers are sent a link to the KeepTruckin app when their cab-mounted ELD fails and they are authorized to run paper logs. KeepTruckin ensures the hours are calculated correctly, drivers without experience on paper logs are compliant and logs are turned in regularly. Without KeepTruckin, malfunction recoveries would be extremely difficult and expose the motor carrier to potential significant CSA violations and liability.
  • Driver Logbook app
  • GPS positioning
  • Enable admin panel on mobile browsers
Driver Logs - VERY intuitive
have not needed support...it just works!
Its one of the most attractive pieces of the software. without usability what is an app really there to do?
I use KeepTruckin in my truck. It helps me keep my log book and do my quarterly ifta reporting. It keeps track of miles I have driven in each state so that at the end of the quarter I can easily search my miles record and report that to the state.
  • Great customer service.
  • Ease of use.
  • Always making life easier for me.
  • [I can't think of any.] [I] have no complaints.
In my experience [KeepTruckin is] the best logging service in the industry. It’s so easy to use. I’ve had to call in or send a text to customer service because my recording device wasn’t working and they fixed my problem right away. They just provide great customer service. I find them to be the gold standard.
I’ve had to call or text customer service a few times in the beginning of my time with them and they just make contacting them easy. They’re also really quick to resolve any issues I might have. So I would say they have an ease to working with them and they provide quick customer service.
KeepTruckin is only being used within our Trucking department for Sales and Service.
  • Information is accurate and easy to use.
  • Customer service is exceptional with friendly, courteous and helpful staff.
  • Very user friendly website.
  • Unfortunately my job has changed significantly since we started using KeepTruckin and I only use it 3 to 4 times a year, however the functionality of the product works very well for the aspects I use.
With KeepTruckin we are able to see where our trucks are at all times which allows us to make any last minute changes to our driver's routing or pickup schedule should the occasion arise. Also our driver's are able to go into their logs and make changes easily to reflect actual driving time to non-driving time situations. For instance when our driver picks up equipment from the factory, there are often wait times where the driver is sitting idle. KeepTruckin allows our driver to adjust his log to show these times properly so that their actual driving time is being wasted.
On the few occasions that I or our drivers have had questions, the staff has always been very quick with answering our questions. They are friendly and courteous. And they always follow up a few days later to make sure that everything is working the way we want it or to see if how they helped raised any other questions or concerns.
KeepTruckin is used in all of my trucks to keep the electronic logs that are required by the DOT. It is user friendly and easy for my drivers to adapt to. It shows me where all my vehicles are at any time and helps me make sure my drivers are in compliance. It is very easy to understand and easy to access from our phone, tablet, computers or anywhere.
  • Shows where your drivers are at any time.
  • Easy to install.
  • Easy to train.
  • Easy to use.
  • Make it use more cellular to track drivers so when it's unplugged still usable.
  • Easier to do updates.
  • Faster return process.
it is the easiest and most concise Electronic Logging Device out there. Even the most inexperienced driver or least computer savvy driver can use the app and drive legally.
Sometimes you'll get a new person that doesn't understand the rules, but most of the support are very well trained and know the product. They are helpful and quick to resolve issues.
ELD, tracking our mileages state by state, collecting all data we need for IFTA and company record.
  • Acknowledgement of the business.
  • Accuracy.
  • Easy for the drivers and safety officers.
  • Split time to be visible all the time.
Very good communications.
It need some small improvement about the split hours.
Easy access, great technical support.
Jonatan Serna | TrustRadius Reviewer
KeepTruckin is helping us with leading and tracking all our fleet management, compliant with our customers' needs, always showing us where the drivers are and connecting our platform to their ELD systems, handling this directly with carriers, dispatchers and even drivers themselves, the capacity of monitoring has contributed us to keep showing our competitors that we are not getting behind in technology matters.
  • GPS tracking, KeepTruckin can give you a lot of tools to keep your fleet on track, at any moment.
  • ELD tracking, we can use the truck's computer to maintain the consistency of the tracking.
  • Connection with several platforms, KeepTruckin is compatible with all the most famous and used Fleet management apps worldwide.
  • Interactive platform, since KeepTruckin is being used and connected to track's computers (ELD) it does not have an interactive and responsive face app.
  • Support, we would love to have a better technical support, even over the after hours, because logistics never stops.
  • Lower cost, KeepTruckin is not expensive but we would love to have better plans to offer to our carriers so they can gladly move to this amazing app.
If you are entitled to handle, administrate, collaborate, and manage a fleet system, you need to switch to this system, KeepTruckin offers you a high consistency and stable platform and all you and your carriers needs to do is integrate it to their based systems then download an app, keep updated the trucks and trailers information, and that's it, everything will connect immediately!

What is KeepTruckin?

KeepTruckin offers fleet management technology. KeepTruckin’s hardware and cloud-based software helps companies improve the safety and efficiency of their operations. With one platform spanning video-based driver safety, Electronic Logging Device (ELD) compliance, GPS tracking, dispatch, and fuel and maintenance, KeepTruckin provides an integrated fleet management system designed to scale to meet the needs of over 90,000 customers, from small trucking companies to Fortune 500 enterprises.

KeepTruckin Features