- Customizable platform: Enables its users to handle just about any kind of budgeting scenarios tailored to each customer needs, whether based on drivers, allocations integrations with other systems (such as S&OP processes).
- Easy integration with other systems: As data is stored within an MS SQL database it is very easy to integrate other applications with it for reporting, such as Tableau or PowerBI or from other downline systems such as S&OP.
- Real-time: Enables the possibility to calculate bottom line results for all applications immediately allowing the possibility to calculate easily what-if scenarios.
- Not stuck: within a single way of budgeting. as part of the beyond budgeting movement, companies have been creating a more driver-based high-level forecasting which is often a problem with specific budgeting systems that are locked within the P&L statement. Here you can make it as simple or as complicated as needed.
- Silverlight functionality is outdated which makes the front end solution a little bit old compared to latest UI. They will be tackling it in Q2 2018, but it leaves users wanting for more.
- Reporting functionalities: Are not state of the art, we recommend users creating official reports within Kepion, but focusing on Tableau or PowerBI for reporting purposes as this is not and will never be Kepion strengths compared to the likes of Tableau.
- Being customizable is great, however, the solution is not an out-of-the-box solution and does require a little integration to work. For smaller companies (under 5M USD) I would still recommend Excel.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Kepion provides all budgeting, forecasting and actuals information in one, collaborative environment.
- Analysis: It is easy to traverse across your entire budgeting and forecasting spectrum in Kepion, unearthing insights that would be hidden from you in other tools.
- Workflow: Kepion's workflow management is simple and clear.
- Interface: The interface is built in Silverlight, so is a little clunky and inflexible. Kepion are, however, planning to launch a HTML5 version in March 2018, which will greatly enhance the product.
- Visualisation: We usually use Kepion for data entry and deep analysis, and then leverage tools like Power BI or Tableau to visualise data or create aggregated management reports.
Less appropriate: Where users are looking for a lower-overhead, more visual, less-connected solution.
Kepion Planning Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Kepion Planning
Kepion is performance management software that integrates planning, budgeting and forecasting capabilities with analytics, scorecards and dashboards to optimize collaboration and communication within an organization.
According to the vendor, Kepion 6.0 simplifies the following business processes for CFOs and CIOs:
- Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Financial Management
- Cash Flow Planning
- Cost Allocation
- Profitability Analytics
- Management Consolidated Reporting
- Data Visualization
- Dashboard and Scorecarding
Kepion focuses on bringing all the needed information to effectively make decisions for the future within an entirely web-based planning solution. Kepion says it is founded on the principle "Simply Flexible: Providing simple access & navigation to your information, combined with a fully flexible platform to build solutions that fit around your business processes".
The vendor says together with their implementation partners, that they deliver realized value by combining high-end functionality with low cost-of-ownership and fast implementation. Additionally, the vendor says their extensive experience and expertise is directly translated into ensuring customers the maximum value of their investment in Kepion solutions.
Kepion Planning Screenshots
Kepion Planning Integrations
Kepion Planning Competitors
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|On premise Install||$0||Contact Us|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Cloud Planning||$0||Contact Us|
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Kepion Planning Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||45%|
Kepion Planning Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Kepion Planning Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Germany, China, Australia, Japan, Korea, Brazil, Argentina|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French, Chinese|