Reviews (1-10 of 10)
November 22, 2019
Klaviyo is a cloud-based email marketing solution for e-commerce businesses. We use it to manage leads/potential customers, implement email marketing automation (sequences, flows, and automated responders) on client websites and broadcast email marketing (the individual email campaigns) that go out to potential and current customers. Our email marketing specialists use this software to create email automation (automating parts of our clients' businesses) and campaigns (individual emails) that generate new revenue and create more revenue and stabilize their marketing funnel so that they can scale.
- Easy UX: The entire platform is very visual. It's easy to navigate, understand, and use. It's really well designed, and it helps business owners understand the set up / steps in the email marketing automation.
- Visual flow-building: This allows us to automate pieces of our client's business. For example, create a map of a series of emails that automatically follow-up with people who abandon carts in our client's store, indicating how many emails, when they go out, who sees them, and split test emails against one another in this format.
- Individual email building: Klaviyo makes it easy for us to design client emails with an easy builder or with HTML code. Klaviyo allows you to set up saved blocks to make your building experience more efficient as well.
- Measurement: Klaviyo makes it easy for users to see campaigns and which ones create greater click-through, open rate, conversion $ and more. You can also watch where people open the emails around the world with a map, or see which users opened particular emails.
- Individual user tracking: It's so helpful to see customer journeys throughout the entire process. You can see individual profiles and how often they visited a site, opened an email, made a purchase, how much that purchase was worth, etc.
- Integrations - pretty easy to use with multiple commerce sites, but ideal for Shopify. Easily integrates with other software.
- Automation - There are built-in templates and flows created inside of the platform. Even a novice could implement something basic and see results in their business. (better if they are customized)
- Pricing - The pricing can be a bit expensive, but it's worth it for the functionality that it offers.
- Partner support - I once filled out a request, sent an email, and got silence from their team.
- Some of the metrics you have to know how to navigate the platform in order to access (variations percentage opens, CTRs, etc.).
Read page V's full review
Klaviyo is great for eCommerce sites, and ideal for Shopify. Klaviyo does integrate with other platforms - like BigCommerce. It's best utilized for businesses who already have their mission, vision, customer base, a well-designed site, are paying for traffic (via FB/Google, or some other source), and are willing to implement best practice designs to their emails and flows. For these stores, they might see 30-50% revenue increase. It's a bit expensive for beginners, but it can be used by beginners - because it's so easy to use. You'll see greater efficiency and effectiveness if you understand where email fits in your business. It's not a great CRM for other industries, like coaching. It can work - but not recommended.
January 02, 2020
Klaviyo is being used for email marketing at my company- across the whole organization. We're an ecommerce company. With Klaviyo, we're able to send professional looking and engaging emails to our customers. Klaviyo links up with Magento (took a good amount of developer work for this to happen though), and sends our customers emails once they place their order. Then it sends follow up emails from there to help with our retention.
Read Michele Riley's full review
Klaviyo is the perfect tool for email marketing for an ecommerce company. It's easy to import your designs, perform A/B tests, etc. It's been great.
December 19, 2019
We are a boutique consulting agency for ecommerce D2C brands, so we use Klaviyo to manage their email marketing campaigns. Myself and another coworker use it mostly, and we are sometimes advised by my boss on tactics and strategies. It addresses the important need of the email marketing platform, and does so much better than other providers I've used in the past.
- Automation and flows. Klaviyo has the best dynamic automation out of any email platform that I've seen.
- Segmentation. You can very easily create segments of your list based on a number of dynamic properties.
- Some of the functionality inside Flows is a little difficult to understand, like when you want to backfill users or if you add a new step.
- It's expensive. But it's worth it.
Read Lee L Kennedy's full review
Klaviyo would not be great for a small business that doesn't have a huge budget, but if you are serious about your email marketing and can spend a few hundred dollars a month on it, it's the best choice for sure. It also might not be needed if you don't run automated welcome series, abandon carts, and other automated flows, but you should if you're in ecom.
November 12, 2019
We're building it into a core part of our e-commerce marketing machine. We have a small catalog of products but our target audience varies widely to the point where a unified message would never work. By using Klaviyo's powerful segmentation features, we're able to deliver more targeted messages to our prospective and current customers in order to drive more revenue and build a stronger brand connection with them.
- Audience segmentation
- Automated email flows
- Email deliverability
- Onboarding and putting together the right automated flows for your needs.
- More native integrations instead of relying on Zapier.
- Pricing is a bit aggressive. May or may not be worth it compared to other options out there.
Read Stephen Steinberg's full review
If you have an e-commerce business and a decent amount of traffic to your website; a recurring revenue product; or if you're trying to build your brand - Klaviyo is definitely for you. If you don't have a big budget, aren't an e-commerce business, Klaviyo may not be the best fit for you.
We use Klaviyo within our ecommerce department for email marketing automation and monthly product newsletters. It provides an unparalleled level of user granularity and campaign customization. Our previous email marketing software was nowhere close to providing the functionality that Klaviyo provides. If you're serious about email marketing, choose Klaviyo for your team.
- Drag and drop automation paths allow for easy A/B testing without technical programming
- Granular data about each and every subscriber
- Very intuitive if you've ever used email marketing software before
- More expensive than competitors, but the functionality is worth it
Read Blake Baron's full review
Honestly, Klaviyo is now my favorite email marketing platform after testing out many (>8) of its competitors. The follow up automation depending on both on-and-off site user interaction is a breeze to configure and test. If you're an established organization, choose Klaviyo. If you're a small lifestyle business, lower priced competitors might suit you just as well.
January 15, 2020
We use Klaviyo's automated email and SMS marketing for one of our e-commerce clients. It syncs with their Shopify site and allows us to send out dynamic and personalized messages based on their purchase history and interaction with the brand. The platform email and SMS builders are super simple to use!
Read this authenticated review
When vetting multiple marketing automation platforms for our agency clients, we found that Klaviyo is fantastic for e-commerce clients. For non-e-commerce clients, though, we had much less success.
June 26, 2019
The native integration with Shopify makes Klaviyo the first choice of serious e-commerce marketers.
The main goal of the app is to increase the ROI by converting the customers who have abandoned their carts or has not made the purchase yet.
The segmentation ability allows us to send more targeted emails to subscribers and increase the revenue even more.
- Segmentation of subscribers for better conversion rates.
- Great customer support.
- Automatic synchronization between Klaviyo and Shopify.
- The more advanced features have a steep learning curve.
- The metrics work only on a per-campaign basis, not for the overall account.
- The automatic import of products into campaigns is sometimes buggy and slow.
Read this authenticated review
Klaviyo is an excellent tool for any online store based on the Shopify platform. It automates all aspects of email marketing -- you can use it for targeted email campaigns based on previous actions of your subscribers, recovering abandoned carts, or creating sophisticated email campaigns based on rules and automations.
December 10, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
We use Klaviyo as our primary means of email marketing for both of our brands. The only department that uses Klaviyo is our marketing department since it is strictly a marketing oriented tool. Klaviyo is a reasonably priced alternative to the higher cost ESP we moved over from. It does make things easy with it's "drag and drop" style interface but with that there are limitations. Prior to using Klaviyo, we were building all of our emails in HTML using Dreamweaver and another ESP. This was great because we could fully customize everything however it took longer. With Klaviyo things seem to move faster but customization is a bit limited.
- Klaviyo cuts down the time it takes to create an email newsletter
- The drag and drop interface is easy for anyone to jump in and use - no special knowledge of coding is necessary
- This is our first holiday season using Klaviyo. It seems like their system does get overwhelmed at times with pages that don't load or even images in emails that have been sent not loading.
- Klaviyo does allow you to insert custom HTML however we have not found it useful. The code we enter in the custom HTML box sometimes doesn't render correctly in the final send.
- One HUGE thing about Klaviyo is the fact that is clips your message when viewed in gmail if it has too many links. Klaviyo adds a TON of extra tracking info to the ends of links inserted into emails so it causes the file size to go up. Once the file size limit is met, gmail starts clipping the bottom of your messages causing consumers to miss much of your message unless they click the link at the bottom of their email to view more. This is a major flaw in my opinion.
Read this authenticated review
It seems as though Klaviyo is better suited to a company that is just starting out. One where emails aren't really expected to look overly polished and professional and where they aren't sending at high rates. Klaviyo's features and functionality are more limiting than other ESPs I've used before but for the price I suppose you get what you pay for.
August 09, 2017
Klaviyo is our core email marketing software used on each client we represent. Within those clients we use the software to send daily marketing emails, automated emails, and custom audience email blasts. It allows us to connect directly with our customer base. Then we can track the performance and impact of what each email, campaign, or outreach does.
Read Robbie Hodge's full review
Best when used within an ecommerce store with a large amount of customers. With no ecommerce or smaller scale the impact is just going to be limited.
September 14, 2015
We use Klaviyo for both marketing email campaigns and automated email. Being a start-up it helps us to automate recovery of otherwise lost revenue, and ensures we are able to constantly be in front of our customers. The analytics portion is extremely useful for seeing who and in what segment people are seeing our emails.
Read this authenticated review
- Defining logic for email flows.
- Thorough dive in to the different operating systems, both mobile and desktop, that users are interfacing with.
- Excellent customer support when questions about Klaviyo or custom formatting is required.
- Analytics don't always sync with reporting from Google Analytics.
- No Gmail customizations.
Klaviyo Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Klaviyo is a growth marketing platform boasting more than 25,000 online businesses as users, including ColourPop, Huckberry, and Custom Ink, with (according to the vendor) brands using Klaviyo having made more than $3.7 billion in revenue in the last year. With a dedicated team of experts and a platform that consumes high volumes of data, Klaviyo is designed to help users own the customer experience and grow higher-value relationships.
From a shopper’s first impression to each subsequent purchase, Klaviyo tracks every interaction, enabling online businesses to create more personalized marketing moments, and aims at creating a 360-degree view of the customer to ensure endless growth possibilities.
Klaviyo Dashboard Measure the performance of your marketing campaignsKlaviyo Lists & Segments Personalize your marketing campaigns with powerful, lightning-fast segmentationKlaviyo Signup Forms Grow your email list and capture customer data with dynamic web formsKlaviyo Template Library Browse our pre-built email templates to easily launch new campaignsKlaviyo Email Campaign Overview View real-time email analytics to measure the performance of your sendsKlaviyo Visual Flow Builder Deliver more relevant abandoned cart email automation with comprehensive customer purchase history and advanced logic
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Klaviyo Technical Details