Kofax Power PDF Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE Badge

February 16, 2021
Simone Carpino | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Kofax Power PDF to convert documents to .pdf format. It does everything we need it to do and more, while being cost efficient. It provides fax confirmations and the ability to re-send. We are very satisfied with this program.
  • Ability to fill out .pdf documents.
  • Can edit .pdf documents.
  • Can copy and paste selected text into other documents.
  • Would like the ability to simply select and convert a selection of text without having to save it.
It is an excellent and cost-effective alternative to Adobe Acrobat. It does pretty much everything Acrobat does without costing an arm and a leg.
The platform is extremely user friendly and easy to use. It is cost-saving and efficient. I use it daily and have found it to be a great product and would recommend it to any small business or indivdual.
The customer support team for Kofax is outstanding. They are probably the best technical support I have ever encountered. They should do seminars on how to treat customers, use their knowledge and quickly solve problems.
Read Simone Carpino's full review
RICHARD BEHLMANN | TrustRadius Reviewer
Each of our employee workstations has a copy and is a user. We used to use Adobe Acrobat but did not like their subscription model since we have a number of light users so we were looking for an alternative that everyone could have access to. I have not found anything it will not do that we could do using Acrobat, before implementing the Kofax software. Like any software there is a learning curve figuring out how you do things but I have not found anything that it cannot do that I used to rely on in these types of programs.
  • Prints PDF format documents
  • Combine's pdfs into single documents
  • Opens existing pdf files
  • Creates searchable files
  • Allows editing and comments on existing pdf documents
  • Could be some basic training videos
  • There may be some but I haven't seen a full list of its functionality
  • Increase the ability to reduce files.
  • Fill-in Form creation
We use it anywhere that we deal with PDF files. If we are printing into the PDF format, opening existing files or editing PDF files it does all those things great.
I think the latest versions are pretty much good at anything where PDF files are normally used.
I do not use it for full on word processing, other than that it is my go to program.

It is very easy to use, intuitive controls
I have not really had a strong need for support. We had an installation issue on one machine which was resolved quickly with one phone call. They seemed very responsive. When they first changed their name I had trouble figuring out where to go because I wasn't aware that nuance had split off the PDF programs from the voice programs. That was the biggest support issue was figuring out the Koufax power had taken over nuances power PDF programs.
Read RICHARD BEHLMANN's full review
Dan Weller, CDMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Kofax] Power PDF [(formerly Nuance Power PDF)] is used to create "smart" forms for member applications for several different services. We also use the program for converting PDF to Excel and creating PDF forms from Word. It is also used to update text on PDF documents, as well as creating multiple-page pdf files from separate Word and PDF files.
  • Creating forms
  • Converting Word and Excel files to PDF
  • Converting PDF to Word and Excel
  • Very fast converting from one file type to another
  • The resequencing of form tabs is extremely difficult
  • The HELP system very often does not find the info that I need .
  • The ribbon icons are very dull and difficult to interpret as compared to similar Microsoft icons.
  • Quite often the text update function messes up the entire page after you add a word to an existin text line. It doesn't know how to create multilines when needed.
[Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)] is well suited for combining multiple pages into a single PDF document.

The form creation function is awkward and requires skilled programmer to use the Javascript code. Also, there is little, if any, information to use the Java functions.
It is NOT very easy to use for new users of the program. There are very few tutorials or classes to help newbies. Also, the HELP system is quite often unable to find the info someone needs.

Once you get the hang of the program it is fairly easy to use, except for the more advanced form development.
It is very hard to find "how to" info on the website or the Help function. There is no way for a casual one-person to contact a live Kofax person via Chat or phone.
Read Dan Weller, CDMP's full review
February 06, 2021
Pamela Voigt | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kofax Power PDF is being used by me to complete Carrier Supplementals that are not in editable .pdf, along with Bond Forms that the Obligee insist be on their Old Forms. I also use [it] to correct Certificates of Insurance for spelling corrections when there is no time to go in and issue another cert. quickly. This helps me to perform my job as well as assist the producers in the Supplementals we receive from the carriers that need to be completed - typed answers are far better then hand written ones you cannot read. I've also been able to convert several documents into Word to be able to correct some of the formatting or extend space. It truly has helped me with time management for sure.
  • Editing a current .pdf document is so much easier and faster - being able to match the forms font type and size is key.
  • The easy task of converting a .pdf into a Word document to add space or add extra/correct wording has been key - especially for Old Bond Forms.
  • Saving in Kofax is easy for those documents or endorsement forms you need to add or manually correct ( adding policy numbers, insured's full name/dba to forms as required).
  • I haven't found any cons yet with what I am using it for.
It is well suited for:
-completing Bond Forms from cities or states where they require you to use 'their Original' form. I can complete it without trying to use an old typewriter.
-completing endorsement forms where the carrier has left off the dba name or the policy number - it is easy to add.
-completing the Carrier Questionnaires that are not formatted for easy typing or drop downs - you can match the fond and font size - sometimes you may need to convert to a Word document to add space or to be able to type lengthy explanations, etc. Kofax is great for the Insurance Professional.
It is so easy to use - I also love the stamping feature for invoices PAID, COPY of Bonds, or when you have someone ask for a stamped original certificate - I can do this with Kofax. You have make my job much easier and saved so much time!!! I highly recommend it to anyone.
Any problems downloading or uploading an update is easy and flawless.
Read Pamela Voigt's full review
David Garofalo | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a real estate broker, we use PDF files extensively. Many require editing or additions as well as signatures. Kofax Power PDF has great edit features. Working with text within the PDF file or adding text via the typewriter feature saves me an immense amount of time. For single document work needing signatures, Kofax Power PDF allows me to sign, save and send easily. I also receive images that need to be converted or embedded into a PDF file [which is] easy to do with Kofax Power PDF. Also, separating pages, adding pages and the like are all easy to do with Kofax Power PDF.
  • Easy to edit the text of any PDF file.
  • Create PDF files from other formats such as Word or images.
  • Remove, sort, add or remove individual pages from a PDF file.
  • Initial load time could be faster.
  • A way to increase font size for tools and menus for visually impaired.
  • Separate signature panel or tool bar.
If you need to edit the main text of a PDF file, it is very easy.
Adding text is also a simple task with they typewriter feature.
If you have documents that have pages out of order, you can easily re-order the pages.
If you need to combine multiple PDF files to create one, it is a fairly easy task.
Kofax Power PDF has a common menu and toolbar style that is easy to use and get familiar with. The menu has an easy to follow layout. The tools for each menu item are logical. As a result, the learning curve was minimal. The recent files and Open/View pain are a helpful addition. Overall, an easy to learn and use program.
My rating is based on presales and sales support. I have yet to need post sales support. I'm sure it will match.
Read David Garofalo's full review
Rodney McCord | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Kofax Power PDF [(formerly Nuance Power PDF)] for my scanner initially, but am using it more & more as replacement for Adobe. I like it's ease of use for combining & extraction of files. It's saving me lots of paper also as I work at home 50% of the time like most of us are. (2020-2021). I'm sure I'll find more uses also as time allows.
  • Ease of use for editing position of pages in combining
  • Quicker response upon printing (Adobe is VERY slow)
  • Allows multiple choices for combining(like deleting original files in folder upon combination completeness.)
  • Editing original Adobe document can be a bit tricky.
For myself, I do frequent DnBi reviews & credit applications as part of my finance job. I can now simply download from DnBi, combine with initial credit application to create document I can store on drive. No paper printing required at all.
Combining of scanned pages as my scanner is very basic desktop model
I really haven't used support yet, no problems.
Read Rodney McCord's full review
Jeffrey Castello | TrustRadius Reviewer
I, and we, use [Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)] to review documents in relation to the legal services we offer. It is definitely equal to, if not better than, Adobe. Kofax [Power PDF] makes it very easy to review and edit PDF documents. Our firm has switched over to Kofax [Power PDF] from Adobe, and couldn't be happier.
  • Edits PDFs
  • Viewing multiple files in one window (tabs)
  • Ease of saving edits (an issue I had with adobe)
  • Converting .doc to PDF
  • Nothing comes to mind yet
I regularly use Kofax [Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)] to edit legal documents, additionally all filed must be PDF to file so the conversion feature is used often.
The ease of converting and editing documents has been particularly easy. This is what I use it for on a daily basis.
General, I have not used support yet.
Read Jeffrey Castello's full review
January 28, 2021
Jeffrey Barsky | TrustRadius Reviewer

I have many uses for Kofax [Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)]. I have a forensic
accounting practice and use it for the following:

I receive many documents in PDF form. I have to
analyze and use those documents in connection with the forensic and
investigative process.

I produce many reports. Generally, those reports
are produced with Excel for various schedules and Word for the text report. I
can convert all these electronically from Excel and Word. The result is PDF’s
that are very close to original. I then can combine the text and schedules into
one PDF and add page numbers that are contiguous. I have an image of my
signature that I can insert in the signature line. The result is a near original
that even though it may be many pages, is easy to email because the size of the
combined PDF file is quite small.

When producing drafts of reports for review, I
can easily add a header ‘Draft” or similar notations to all pages easily.

Sometimes I must submit documents. I can add
what is know in litigation as bates numbers with ease.

Sometimes, depending on the quality of PDF files
I receive, I can convert those files from PDF to Excel or Word. This can save a
lot of data entry or typing.

When I am out of town, this allows me to prepare
a report, sign it, and email it to its destination as long as I have access to
the internet. I have done this from many locations throughout the US and on
more than one occasion, from other parts of the world.

Bottom line, I use the PDF software on most days, some more
than others. It is a great tool for my practice.

• I replaced my very old Adobe product because it has certain limitations with some of my current software. Adobe only makes a compatible product available for monthly rental. Kofax has only a one-time payment.
  • I line how quickly the product produces PDF's directly from Excel, Word and Power Point. I use this feature almost every day I am working.
  • I can create reports from Excel, Word and Power Point and combine them into one PDF with ease. I can add page numbers and sign it with an image of my actual signature from anywhere I have access to the internet.
  • On a recent trip to Japan, I was able to create such a report after hearing from a client. I created the report in both Excel and Word. I created two PDF's, one from the Word file and one from the Excel file. I combined them, added page numbers and added my signature and was able to send it off by email.
  • I am not sure that this is a need for improvement or simply I just do not know how to make the software do what I want. However, if I have one or more Excel schedules that are more than one page, I would like to be able, say at the top of the page for each page numbers have 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3. If I have Excel set to add those page numbers and convert multiple Excel schedules to PDF’s and then add page numbers to the bottom of all pages, the PDF software changes the, in my example, the page numbers at the top to other numbers that do not work. I have been busy and need to contact Kofax support to address this.
1. Just last week, I had to prepare an affidavit in a case and was able to do so using Work and Excel. Ii is a fast solution to the need.
2. Also last week, I need to produce some documents and added bate stamps to them. Very quick, especially from multiple documents. You just open all of the PDF's and the first page an the software takes over from there.
So far I have find it easy to use. I have only owned it for a few months.
Easy access. Not a 10 yet only because of my limited number of times using it.
Read Jeffrey Barsky's full review
March 02, 2021
Thomas Orr | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it constantly for all of our PDF needs. We use it to produce forms, and other modifiable documents as well as to review the documents from other which are sent to us in PDF forms. It addresses our need for a functional and efficient user platform for all of our PDF needs. We have looked at other products and find that this is the most efficient and cost effective one out of many.
  • As a PDF platform.
  • As a way to convert PDF documents.
  • As a platform for creation of modifiable and non modifiable forms.
  • I like the product as is.
It works particularly well in a law firm setting. I suspect that it might be limited in its capabilities for large project word processing.
Very intuitive platform. Easy to use and easy to train staff to use.
We have never had to use it.
Read Thomas Orr's full review
November 05, 2020
Robert Hatch | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small company and it is used by all. Kofax Power PDF allows us to obviously create PDF documents - which are important when sending documents you want distributed that are not easily edited. In an analogous way - it allows us to convert other types of documents into word or XL to facilitate easy access source data.
  • Marking (eg highlighting important info) up a PDF document to emphasize critical information to others.
  • Converting a word or other document prior to submitting to the public. Reduces file size and reduces chances of corruption of the master document.
  • A host of features like edit options; highlight options; cropping; converting in both directions
  • Combining multiple PDF's into one document
  • Make it easier to simply copy some text out of a PDF.
  • Beyond that, I have not found much in the way of a frequently encountered issue
Kofax Power PDF is a very comprehensive PDF tool. Allowing opening PDF documents; converting to other formats to PDF; converting PDF to other formats. It serves all our needs for a PDF tool.. It has excellent help features allowing us to find solutions to issues when needed. It is user friendly as opposed to many other tools we have used.
It is easy to use. Occasionally we run into tasks where the various tabs don't seem to immediately address our issue. But the help feature invariably addresses the issue. The "Help" feature is quick and very extensive. Providing answers by by looking at the problem / question from different perspectives. When we occasionally encounter a question requiring technical support we have been able to talk to a tech rep - this has become very difficult with many other applications these days.
I have commented on this many times earlier. Their on-line help is great! But when I have needed human customer support - I have been able to get it without excessively long wait times.
Read Robert Hatch's full review
February 22, 2021
LaKeisha Mallett, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Power PDF daily in my business. It works great for opening documents and allowing me to print mixed paper sizes.
  • I think the ability to download the docs. Handles everything that I need and fully integrates a PDF to a Word doc.
  • Every so often if I have a pre-propulated form with numbers that information prints out as a series of #$%÷' not sure why that happens.
  • Also once a document is downloaded I have to go directly to where it downloaded or open the Power PDF or it won't print the docs in mixed paper sizes.
I actually really like using Power PDF and have referred it to quite a few people who have purchased and recently started using as well.

The customer service is great.
Power PDF has been extremely easy to use. Once I download the documents and open the application it easily allows me to do what I need to support my business. Features are great.
I had to contact the support team twice and both times were positive experiences. Very thorough and solved my problem quickly.
Read LaKeisha Mallett, MBA's full review
February 17, 2021
Steven Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I teach accounting at a university. I use Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) to edit and prepare documents for my students. I am the only instructor in my department who uses Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance).
  • Edit PDF files—I can delete a page or insert a page
  • It is good for combining multiple PDF files into a single PDF document for my students
  • I can annotate PDFs submitted by my students—placing my grading notes into their document provides the best feedback
  • Sometimes it is a little slow to load files
It is well suited for editing and combining multiple PDF files.
It is very easy to use. The new interface has the look and feel of Microsoft Office—it is much more intuitive to use.
I haven’t really needed support for this product, but the help screens are useful.
Read Steven Nelson's full review
Gary Treible | TrustRadius Reviewer
Danfoss recently ended our relationship with Adobe. When that happened, IT selected replacements for all of the approved Adobe apps. Kofax was chosen to replace Acrobat Pro. We rarely create new PDFs directly in Kofax. We either edit existing PDFs or create a PDF using the PDF printer. The Engineering Department makes heavy use of annotation features (markup). We also regularly use "save as jpeg" so we can make more significant changes to a page using image editing tools. Obviously importing images to rebuild a PDF is part of that, as is the "shrink" PDF feature. OCR is another capability we use consistently but rarely think about as it's sort of assumed to be there. Although we had a bit of learning curve in "finding" things in Kofax, it's proven to be a solid replacement for Acrobat. I've replaced Acrobat with Kofax (Mac version) on my personal computer as well.
  • The annotation tools are extensive and intuitive.
  • Export (save to) image produces good quality jpeg images.
  • OCR produces quality results for most fonts.
  • It would be nice if the Mac version had the same options as the Windows versions.
  • Merge to PDF seems to be a separate app. It would be nice if it were integrated into one.
Well, to cut to the chase, Adobe's pricing and licensing strategy are prohibitive for most users. Kofax has proven to be a solid replacement for Acrobat. It does everything we expected from Acrobat Pro at a reasonable price and generates a quality result. As Engineers, we are not necessarily PDF power users, but we haven't yet encountered any PDF task we couldn't do.
It is easy to use although common features sometimes use different names (from Acrobat) and are organized a bit differently. An example is converting a PDF to jpeg files. In Acrobat that's done using "Export..." in Kofax, it's "Save as... file type....jpg." No big deal, just different.
I've never used support.
Read Gary Treible's full review
Todd Werts | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been transitioning away from Adobe Acrobat to Power PDF over the last few years as computers are upgraded and replaced. We use Power PDF everyday to manage our and our clients' legal documents as the .pdf format is the industry standard for almost everything we do. Power PDF is used both as a reader and an editor.
  • Redaction.
  • File size reduction.
  • Custom stamping (for exhibit "stickers" on documents).
  • There are sometimes odd issues with the drag and drop, page organization features.
  • The text selection tool is often delayed in "grabbing" the text.
  • The search feature is slower than Adobe's.
Power PDF is particularly well suited for a litigation law firm. The program operates as a basic reader but also has the functionality to modify PDFs, run searches, convert PDFs to Word documents, and break documents up into its constituent parts. Though not always perfectly intuitive, the PDF combine feature is very powerful and can save a ton of time when used correctly.
The program is easy to use. Some of its advanced features require some digging and clicking around. But I found the online resources more than robust enough to explain how to do everything I have ever tried to do. The redaction feature is key for a law firm and Power PDF's is the best I have seen.
I have had very little reason to use Power PDF's support. The only instance of needing support I have had is based on the need to access activation license codes. The Nuance (now Kofax) system has always been easy to work with in this regard. I have always been able to get the information I needed.
Read Todd Werts's full review
David Wigginton | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am the sole user at this time. I began using the software when it was a Nuance product. I continue to use it as a means to analyze caselaw, briefs, motions, and transcripts. It is particularly useful in creating indexes for large documents, such as trial transcripts. I also appreciate ability to create comment summaries by highlighting relevant portions of a transcript or other document. Comment summaries are very helpful in analyzing trial transcripts and assertions made by parties regarding the statements in the briefs. I’m currently working with a substitute computer that does not have the software installed. Instead, I am forced to work with the Adobe Reader and I’m very frustrated that it does not work near as well. Further, it does not have the capabilities that even the standard version of your software providers.
  • Rendering a PDF into an OCR readable document.
  • Creating comment summaries.
  • Providing different methods of highlighting or adding comments to documents.
  • Creating a means to edit a PDF in the standard version of your software.
  • Producing a version compatible with Apple products.
  • Cooperation with a legal research company, such as Westlaw, to allow more robust links.
In my day-to-day activities, this software makes review of trial transcript more efficient and less reliant on post it notes and handwritten comments on hardcopies. I believe it is less suited to creating new documents or editing current documents.
Very simple to use right from the beginning. Most of the controls are very intuitive. I have had no difficulty using the software on a day to day basis and I plan to recommend the software to the rest of our staff.
I have not had the opportunity to contact support, so I cannot give it a good or bad rating.
Read David Wigginton's full review
Mary Macy | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use this product all day every day I work. It is easy to use and allows me a lot of flexibility in publishing documents for clients, publishing word documents (converted to .pdf) and signing letters to email with a more personal touch. The stamp capabilities allow me to make changes needed on .pdf documents I would otherwise have to spend a lot of time recreating. Most of the commercial pdf software is too complicated and uses terminology that is unfamiliar. This is easy to use and straight forward. Works with ease and I love using it. In a digital paperless age I cannot imagine getting along without it.
  • Allows me to easily insert text and graphics in documents.
  • Allows me to sign documents with ease to make correspondence more personal.
  • Makes changes to documents I receive as .pdf easy and quick.
  • An easier way to make stamps for those of us who are technically deficient.
It just works for me, I cannot think of anything less appropriate that is a problem in using it. I sometimes have a problem creating stamps of signatures, maybe this needs to be easier. It meets all of my other needs in an industry that uses a lot of documents and .pdf files.
Saves time and money by being very easy and quick to use. Other packages are much more complicated and the terminology on the commercial larger selling products makes it very difficult to use their help application to get help in using software. Size of software and maneuverability on my computer is very good, not a resource hog like a lot of document software tends to be.
Answers to most all of my questions have been easy to find in the documentation and help sections. I have not had to depend on contacting anyone for support as the product works easily and does not require a lot of support time and corresponding typical wait time to get things done efficiently. The help and documentation seems to answer everything for me.
Read Mary Macy's full review
Tanya Hayward | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kofax Power PDF is being used by many individuals across the department as well as the whole organization. It is an incredible tool for converting .pdf documents to other forms, i.e. Word, Excel, etc. In addition to converting, Kofax Power PDF has also replaced Adobe for my .pdf viewer and editor.
  • PDF Reader.
  • PDF Editor.
  • PDF Converter.
  • PDF Convert to Microsoft Excel.
  • PDF Convert to Word.
  • PDF Editor/ Markup.
If you're looking for a PDF converter, look no further. While the art (or science) of converting a PDF to Microsoft Excel file is far from perfect, it gets the job done quickly. Kofax Power PDF has replaced my PDF viewer, editor, and converter. It is now my software of choice.
Power PDF is easy to use. My experience has been fairly great. I use it most to convert PDF files to Microsoft Excel workbooks. I enjoy that each page of the PDF becomes its own worksheet in Excel. Being able to right-click on a PDF and select Convert PDF as Spreadsheet to Microsoft Excel makes the software that much easier to use. It's a definite time and therefore, cost saver.
Have not received support from Kofax for this product.
Read Tanya Hayward's full review
February 09, 2021
Marq Del Monte | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our clients often send documents in multiple pages that need to be combined into one. Kofax Power PDF makes that a seamless process. We also need to redact personal information from documents and Kofax makes it easy. I'm really glad I was able to get my company to make the purchase. It sames me time and trouble over and over again.
  • Easy to use.
  • Great document editing features.
  • Reasonably priced.
  • There are more features than I use.
  • I haven't needed many of the features it has.
  • My use is limited. The features I have used are easy.
If you need to do redacting, document combining, or complex document editing, Kofax is excellent. If you are doing simple document creation or word processing, it may be more than you need.
Again, the features that I take advantage of are very easy to use.
I have yet to need support.
Read Marq Del Monte's full review
February 08, 2021
Jonathan Bogaard | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) to access and work with all my PDF documents. I use it to assemble PDFs from various documents and extract pages from PDFs that I want to use.
  • Opens all PDFs
  • Easy to use for bookmarks, extraction, and most editing features
  • Easy to use to assemble various documents into a single PDF
  • I would like the editing tools to be more intuitive
Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) handles all the PDF creation, editing, and assembling tools that I need. The advanced version is essentially a full Adobe Acrobat for a much better price.
The basic functions are easy to use and intuitive. The more advanced functions can take some digging but they all seem to be there.
Although customer support was initially a little hard to get ahold of, once we connected, they were excellent in digging into the problem and helping me resolve it. I had a problem with printing and it took some time to work it out but they were responsive and diligent in tracking down the issue.
Read Jonathan Bogaard's full review
February 03, 2021
Jeff Doherty | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Power PDF for almost 6 years. My needs are simple, to be able to print to a pdf, view them, manipulate pages (such as signing a contract page, scanning it and reinserting it in place of the unsigned page). I also occasionally stamp pages and do light editing and commenting.
  • Tabbed document pages, the best enhancement in years.
  • Easy drag & drop page manipulation within and between pdf files.
  • Search works well when trying to find areas to edit in a template.
  • Maybe it's due to occasional use, but sometimes finding less used features can be challenging.
The standard version does everything a lightweight user needs. It allows viewing in a pleasing visual presentation, page editing and manipulation, commenting and highlighting, and stamps for emphasis.

I do not create documents from scratch in Power PDF, so cannot comment on how appropriate it would be as a document creator, but it would seem a power user would want a version higher than standard.
As a user of Power PDF for almost 6 years, each new release has new features that are intuitive to use. The newer tabs feature is great. It was annoying in the past to open 5 PDF files and have 5 applications open on the desktop. Switching between documents used to be cumbersome as well, now it is as easy as a browser to switch tabs and flip between documents.
I haven't really had the need to reach out to customer support aside from upgrading my software version from Nuance to the new Kofax version. The response time was fast, well within my expectations. My inquiries were answered correctly the first time and the upgrade process went very smooth.
Read Jeff Doherty's full review
William Whiteside | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across the whole organization, but as a Technical Writer, [I] probably use more of its features on a consistent basis. I write most of my documents in Word, and then convert to PDF using Kofax. I also create HTML documentation in Madcap Flare, and also create a PDF version at the same time, using a single source.
  • Allows me to fill out forms.
  • Allows me to EASILY edit and modify content.
  • I do miss the ability to create a circle as a highlight. It appears I have to create a Comment, and then eliminate the text element.
Anytime one needs a PDF, Kofax is more than adequate to perform any task associated with PDFs.
I find it much easier to use than the competitors, and it actually seems to work/paint the results faster.
I haven't really needed to contact Support because all features are easy to find, or the Help system provides a clear description of what needs to be done, step-by-step.
Read William Whiteside's full review
Tim Tangredi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Largely to sign PDFs - which is now moving more and more to DocuSign or the like - and marking up PDFs with comments.
  • Less expensive than alternatives.
  • Works consistently.
  • Interface.
  • Intuitiveness.
  • Much better 'help' facility.
Better suited: add signatures, and simple format conversions.
Less appropriate: long or different language conversions, editing PDFs, understanding how to use the program. The biggest issue is the interface has not changed since Nuance days - hard to find things - items get grayed out for no reason - the Help facility is not too good. The program functions okay for what appears to me to be simple things, but lacks the polish of the programs you pay a lot more money to use.
Wow, if it was designed to be easy to use I am the worst person then to discuss this topic with. I find it hard get around - to know of - let alone use the features. As I shared earlier, the interface is largely the same as the Nuance product in 2013.
Support - had an issue with the older Nuance product. The technical person was doggedly persistent, day after day following up, and lo and behold we got it.
Read Tim Tangredi's full review
January 29, 2021
Bruce Churchill | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Kofax Power PDF and have used it since it was a Nuance product. Working from home now during COVID-19, I am the only user to use the product. I have a large number of professional documents and papers that are in PDF format and Power PDF Advanced has been an essential and irreplaceable tool.
  • Managing document pagination, extraction, and assembly, and exporting to many formats (I use Image export a lot).
  • Editing works very well as I need to extract imagery and written segments from one document to paste into other documents.
  • Commenting and annotating PDF documents is useful and easy to do.
  • Conversion to other Office formats works well as does integration with Kofax PaperPort that I also extensively use.
  • My PDF documents open in too large of a view (typically 300+ %) and I always have to reduce the view to 100% with 3-4 keyclicks.
  • The link to Power PDF Help does not work: The link tries to take you to a Nuance web site that returns a 404 Server error.
  • This is such a rich application that a User Manual would be very helpful, for example, even third-party books such as what Evernote and Acrobat have available.
If your daily work involves managing, commenting/collaborating on document production, editing PDFs, or converting to OCR, this application is essential at a very reasonable price. I use to keep up with Adobe Acrobat for several years but Kofax Power PDF has provided better functionality, better ease of use, and a better price point than Acrobat.
Ease of use for basic functions is excellent and for what I need it for, developing workflows is a non-problem. I know the application has more features than (I think) I need to use so having a user manual (or third-party book) would very likely expose more functionality that would be useful for me.
I have only had 1-2 interactions with Nuance, now Kofax dealing with licensing issues, and the calls were handled quickly and with successful outcomes. The lack of call experience also speaks volumes about the product's reliability.
Read Bruce Churchill's full review
January 28, 2021
Stephen Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have tried many different PDF programs from free to subscription type and have found Kofax Power PDF the best for day to day PDF handling. Easy to use for the novice with the tools available for more advanced users. Most of the use comes from filling in forms or creating PDF documents to share.
  • Ease of use
  • Document assembly
  • Conversion to other platforms
  • Thumbnail view
  • Mark up
  • Scaling drawings
  • Highlighting
I recommend it in day to day PDF use for forms, specification sheets, and the like. I use another product (Bluebeam) for PDFs that require scaling, measurements, and collaboration with others in the field. The Kofax is perfect for what it does, I have it installed as the standard PDF tool with all of the inside salespeople.
This is very important, for I get new people in all the time. With Kofax, I don't need to spend a great time training, most of the tools are intuitive and very self-explanatory. Unlike another program I use that requires many hours of training and even after the training is still very difficult to navigate. You have none of this with the Kofax.
I had an issue with the pdf previewer on one of my computers, my office desktop was working but my traveling laptop was not. Now with Covid and spending so much time on the laptop, it was important to get the viewer working. The support team worked the problem with me and in the end, like always it was an easy fix, it was just hidden so well it took us some time to find it. They never gave up or blamed other software for the glitch. It was a great relief.
Works great
Read Stephen Jones's full review
November 07, 2020
howard gerber | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Kofax Power PDF on a daily basis to create PDFs of design drawings and specifications. We use it to electronically sign and seal construction documents used to obtain building permits. It is used in all departments.
  • Creating combined PDFs.
  • Allows for the digital signing and locking of documents.
  • Allows us to easily edit PDFs.
  • Allows us to recreate lost Word or Excel documents from PDFs.
  • Improve editing.
  • Improve conversions to work and Excel.
  • I would love it if I could reorder my stamps.
It is well suited for any scenarios that involves working with PDFs; there is no scenario that deals with PDFs that it is not appropriate for.
We use Kofax Power PDF on a daily basis to create PDFs of design drawings and specifications. It makes the process of digitally stamping, signing, and sealing drawings and specifications quick and easy. Other than not having the ability to reorder the location of stamps, it is a very easy program to learn and use.
The simple answer is that whenever I have called Kofax Power PDF support, they have been very quick to resolve all of my issues. Most of my issues revolve around moving the software from an old computer to a new one. They have never failed to provide a quick response.
Read howard gerber's full review

What is Kofax Power PDF?

Kofax Power PDF is a presented as an easy-to-use, powerful, low cost, and secure solution to manage PDFs for businesses and individuals. Buy once, own forever - no subscription fees.

The vendor provides the benefits as:

• Ease of use: Works like Office desktop products, so it's easy to learn
  • Compatibility: Works across devices and platforms, share documents in a storage cloud
  • Security: Built-in features to protect information & easily compare documents to monitor tampering
  • Speed & Accuracy: Accurate & speedy when converting PDFs to/from Word, Excel, and other popular formats
  • e-Signature integration: Sign & send PDF documents for signature
  • Redact sensitive information: Automatically detect & redact words and expressions for safe, secure document sharing
  • Create interactive PDF forms with a single click: Instantly convert a flat, image-based PDF form into one that users can complete electronically
  • Collaboration: Review, markup and revise PDFs with annotations, mark-up and stamps

Power PDF Advanced, Standard and Mac are individual, buy-once-own-forever licenses for desktop or laptop. Power PDF Enterprise is available for more than 5 users, with a single admin, server installation, and other collaborative features for teams.