Kofax Power PDF

Kofax Power PDF

TRUE
TRUE
Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)

Kofax PDF review

March 29, 2022

Great product!

February 03, 2022

Great alternative to Acrobat

January 28, 2022
I use Kofax Power PDF to read documents. Also use to add signatures, type in additional text, combine documents, delete and rearrange pages.

Kofax to the future-fax

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

$135

Power PDF Advanced

$188

one-time fee per license

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.kofax.com/products/power…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $135 one-time fee per license

What is Kofax Power PDF?

Kofax Power PDF is a presented as an easy-to-use, powerful, low cost, and secure solution to manage PDFs for businesses and individuals. Buy once, own forever - no subscription fees.

The vendor provides the benefits as:

• Ease of use: Works like Office desktop products, so it's easy to learn
  • Compatibility: Works across devices and platforms, share documents in a storage cloud
  • Security: Built-in features to protect information & easily compare documents to monitor tampering
  • Speed & Accuracy: Accurate & speedy when converting PDFs to/from Word, Excel, and other popular formats
  • e-Signature integration: Sign & send PDF documents for signature
  • Redact sensitive information: Automatically detect & redact words and expressions for safe, secure document sharing
  • Create interactive PDF forms with a single click: Instantly convert a flat, image-based PDF form into one that users can complete electronically
  • Collaboration: Review, markup and revise PDFs with annotations, mark-up and stamps

Power PDF Advanced, Standard and Mac are individual, buy-once-own-forever licenses for desktop or laptop. Power PDF Enterprise is available for more than 5 users, with a single admin, server installation, and other collaborative features for teams.

Kofax Power PDF Features

• Supported: Convert PDF files to other formats, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and images
  • Supported: Edit and enhance PDF documents to change text and pictures, add annotations, and apply stamps
  • Supported: Integrated with supported e-signature tools
  • Supported: Connect to Box, Evernote, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
  • Supported: Provides security - authorization control, industry standard AES encryption, digital signature and certificate encryption
  • Supported: Protects confidential information - automatic detection and redaction of personal information, easy comparison of documents to monitor tampering
  • Supported: Secure transition of office software documents into document management systems
  • Supported: Advanced and Standard compatible with Windows 11, 10 and 8.1. Mac edition compatible with MacOS 10.13 to 11.6.

Kofax Power PDF Screenshots

Easily compare PDF to another PDF, or PDF to Word.  Changes are highlighted.The PDF Convert Assistant can be used to convert multiple documents into other formats all at the same time.The PDF Create Assistant can be used to create multiple PDFs at the same time from a variety of source formats. Create individual PDFs, or combine into one PDF package.The document assembly view shows thumbnails of all pages in a document, and allows the user to re-arrange, rotate, delete and more. The text within the thumbnails can also be edited from this view.The powerful Looks Like search allows users to find characters, words, phrases and patterns within PDF documents. Results can be highlighted or marked for redaction.PDF Profiles can be created to apply commonly desired settings to new PDF documents that you create in Power PDF.Power PDF supports all variants of PDF/A and PDF versions from 1.3 to 2.0.Users may choose to change the application's color to purple, blue, light gray or dark gray.Some lightweight document automation can also be achieved with the Watched Folder and Sequence features.

Kofax Power PDF Videos

Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)15%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)5%

Kofax Power PDF Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac, Citrix, Microsoft App-V and Windows Server network deployment (for Power PDF Volume License only)
Supported LanguagesEnglish, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean (Mac supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese)

How much does Kofax Power PDF cost?

Kofax Power PDF starts at $135.

What is Kofax Power PDF's best feature?

Reviewers rate Availability highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses Kofax Power PDF?

The most common users of Kofax Power PDF are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Law Practice industry.

March 29, 2022

Kofax PDF review

I typically use Kofax to combine PDFs. I purchased the software specifically for creating a table of contents that is clickable. I need to put together financial packages for clients, and this is easy.
  • Table of contents
  • Some of the PDFs I've created a TOC for are not useable or can even be opened by other users using Adobe.
I think people who need a table of contents and use a Mac, might look elsewhere. The TOC for Mac feature is unavailable, so I had to purchase the Windows version - and I don't usually use windows. That being said, this is a less expensive alternative to the cloud-based Adobe.
Yes, overall, I think the software is pretty easy to use and straightforward. If you haven't used PDF software before then it might be a little bit of a learning curve regarding all the features.
When I have contacted Kofax, they have responded right away.
I create end user documentation for a variety of high tech integrations and use Kofax to compile that data in a way that the end users are able to access any part of the document via a standard F search. These final documents can range from 10 to 1000+ pages in length.
  • Compiles PDFs into one document.
  • Translates PDFs into other formats.
  • Enables me to transfer documents between platforms easily.
  • It took a bit to find certain items - but once I got acclimated, it’s been easy to use.
  • Would like all options for creating an index to be on the same tab instead of multiple ones.
Anyone who needs to work with PDF documents across multiple platforms, for editing, creating, annotating or combining - this is a super program. The ROI has been fabulous. Where before I’d combine PDFs using my MAC and the editor on that, I now simply put them in the order I want in a PC file, click on the titles, the click on the dropdown menu to select “combine as one” and in a matter of minutes (seconds for smaller files), it’s done.
I found it very easy to use once I learned to parse its grammar. There are only a couple of small things I’d do to improve it. (Having the index options all be on one tab instead of two, e.g.) A co-worker at a different business taught me to use it in 10 minutes and when I moved here, I encourage its purchase.
The one time I contacted them, I was able to get to a person almost immediately and my question was answered clearly in a few minutes of my time. Great product, great people.
It's a great product - works well, works with a variety of file types and is easy to learn. The onscreen directions are clear and the results are reliable.
I use it to deal with large PDFs sent by prosecutors that sometimes need redaction or conversion to searchable.
  • redaction
  • converting non-readable pdfs to readable
  • sometimes the tool bar is confusing. Finding the redaction tool took awhile
It is well suited for criminal defense attorneys who receive large pdfs from prosecutors and who need to redact documents sent to clients or filed with the court.
I actually feel it takes a while to learn the functions I need and the names on the toolbar are not intuitive.
I have not yet used Kofax support so I gave a 5.
February 03, 2022

Great product!

Kofax Power PDF is used daily in the creation of saving customer and vendor documents. We are working on creating a semi paperless environment. We create fillable forms for customers to complete. We scan and email documents to customers and vendors.
  • Form creation
  • Processing scanned documents
  • New scans
  • Needs option to just scan, not process ocr
  • hard to find insert features
  • slow loading of editing features - typewriter
I think it is a great all-around product. It is just as functional as Adobe and at a much better price!
Kofax Power PDF is very easy to use. I've been using it for several years, and it was easy to learn after Adobe. It helps me log and save documents. It is a pretty light program. It loads quickly and works well in my application.
I've not needed support for this product.
Kofax Power PDF allows us to be able to tweak form letters and notices and be able to reattach the personalized notice without printing/moving back to word - keeping the notices more professional. In the current COVID world, we have pushed as much digital notice as possible. In addition, we utilize this software to cut and compile pdfs to minimize paper and printer usage.
  • Document assembly
  • Typewriter
  • The highlighter function is wonky, but it can highlight unneeded stuff. Have to play with it to get what you want highlighted.
If you are a power user of pdf's and don't want to spring for the much more expensive Adobe suite, I'd recommend Kofax Power PDF. There are a few trade offs in ease of use, but not enough to steer away from the product.
The functionality is there, and for the most part the ease of use is there. However, as mentioned before, the highlighter function takes some getting used to.
I've not had interaction with their support
We utilize Kofax Power PDF to produce payroll production sheets for our home inspectors and pest technicians, by downloading reports from online software we subscribe to and then making edits in the PDF software. We also will print Word and Excel documents to PDF in order to use them on various online platforms and share them across teams.
  • Converting documents to editable versions
  • Adding typewriter text
  • Creating professional quality final documents
  • I have not encountered any functions that I was not able to perform.
Kofax Power PDF is an excellent resource for all your document needs. Easy to use and implement and at an affordable price.
Kofax Power PDF has been easy to use from day 1.
I have not ever needed to request support for the software.
I use it to edit, create, and merge documents, presentations, and contracts.
  • Editing
  • Merging
  • Signing
  • Compressing
  • Converting to MS Word and MS Excel
  • It sometimes puts extra fields in documents that are blank
  • Puts test as formatted text into a MS Word document instead of in text boxes
  • Better conversion of PowerPoint presentations
We use it for all of our office applications--everything from contracts and bills to documents and presentations are always converted to PDF before sharing.
Kofax Power PDF is intuitive and easy to use. It has great output quality while reducing file size. This is critical for sharing. Also, due to its ease of use, it is the go-to tool for my team used daily.
In the past 5 years, I have not needed to contact Kofax support. It is easy to use, and the documentation has always covered any questions that arise.

Fast and Easy to use!

Kenneth Keith | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use this for all of my PDF processing, conversions, and creating.
  • Converting files.
  • Processing forms.
  • Managing files.
  • Not seeing much room for improvement.
  • Works very well.
This works well-doing conversions to other formats. It works well doing fillable PDFs.
Power PDF is very simple to use. Almost self intuitive, very easy to use.
I haven't used support much. Just an installation issue that support handled right away.
Lloyd C. Chesney | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kofax is simple to use and has all the functionality we need. Training can be accomplished with a simple walkthrough which takes only a few minutes.
  • eSignatures
  • Locking PDF for transmission.
  • Built in dictionary is very handy to store industry terminology.
  • Boarder formats for document conversion.
  • Improve OCR format management.
  • Improve E-Signature work flow to guide people though it that don't use all the time.
It has limited document format controls.
Yes, it is very easy to use and has improved with each new version.
Only needed help once and it was a quick call.

Efficient and Effective

Conversions from Excel to PDF are extremely helpful and effective.
  • Conversions to and from PDF.
  • Combining and separating PDF's
  • Efficiency
  • Edit text is good but not great. Some text will be changed slightly.
Kofax is best suited when you need to quickly edit a PDF or convert an Excel/Word file into a PDF.
Very easy to learn the basics but there are also very helpful tools that you can learn.
I rarely have problems with it, but it is hard to find answers to problems that may come up.
  • Combine documents into one
  • Delete and reorder pages
  • Fill in forms
  • Extracting text could be easier especially columns of numbers
  • Add an easy export of tables to Excel
For anyone needing to manipulate pdf documents beyond just reading them
It was very easy to adjust to after using Acrobat
Have not required support
Used throughout the company

Kofax to the future-fax

It is a perfect tool for PDF and form documentation. Very simple program, That allows staff to teach others how to use it. The product was quickly loved by everyone in our office and now it is installed on every new computer we purchase. Lots of good help and advice from technical support if we are lost her don’t know how to accomplish certain tasks. The price has gone up in the last few years.
  • PDF lock
  • PDF PDF compression
  • Merging extracting documents files.
  • Price.
  • More tools for editing.
For the word document conversion PDF conversion, it is amazing however PowerPoint loses quality.
So far we have used it to create forms for employment. People are adapting to use online forms and no fax machines or paper This format will soon take over.
I have used 4-5 Programs for the last 20 years and nothing beats this.
I no longer use Kofax Power PDF. It was such a dramatic (and for me, unnecessary) change from the Nuance version, that I uninstalled the Kofax and re-installed the Nuance. I'm very happy now. Sometimes new-fangled things don't always improve our lives! :-)
  • I don't remember being particularly impressed with anything about the product.
  • Too many features that are of no use to a user like me, and some of the features I need seem to have disappeared. It just wasn't worth the hassle.
I am a sole proprietor, who does all of the PDF-related work on my own. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles - just something that's easy to use and supports my requirements.
Sorry, I found it very difficult to use; I liked Nuance MUCH better, and am very happy to have returned to it.
I never sought support.

PAY FOR WHAT YOU NEED

Jack Warburton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Primarily to submit loan documents and attachment's Love the capability of combining saved files.
  • Combine files
  • Large PDF files
  • Better editing of text
  • More available fonts
Good value for a product comparable to the more expensive ADOBE I would love to see a version similar to ADOBE PC.
Very simple to use and work with the available functions.
Had issues that took two calls to resolve.

Howard Law's Review

I use it for work purposes to develop PDFs and to file documents in court proceedings.
  • Customer Service
  • Developing PDFs
  • Converting PDFs to Word Documents
  • Electronic Signatures
  • Reducing the Size of PDFs
  • Cost
To develop PDFs for court purposes.
It is easy to create PDF documents.
My experience has been positive with customer service.
I use Kofax Power PDF to create and amend pdf documents and convert legal documents to and from Microsoft Word.
  • convert documents to Microsoft Word
  • interface with Microsoft One Drive
  • word conversion
It works well in converting documents from PDF to Word and jpg to pdf The upgraded product does not interface well with Microsoft One Drive. It requests the One Drive associated email and then crashes the program
Yes, Kofax pdf is very intuitive and easy to use
When I have sought support I have not had any success with the team. The only resource is the online help guide. Individual support is non-existent
Bill Cushman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We work with construction plans, specifications, and contract documents. Both require constant editing, revisions, and signatures. Power PDF Advanced is the one-stop shop for many of our needs. I spend all day, every day using it.
  • It is especially agile at recognizing high-density technical jargon text grids off of other pdfs and allowing me to port them into other file types.
  • It is fantastic for providing certified digital signatures.
  • I like the form create feature.
  • The form creator has an auto-fill issue where it sometimes stacks words on top of each other.
  • The form creator has an auto-populate issue where it sources previously input words which can be annoying .
  • When opening Kofax, there is a splash page where it shows it "booting" up and loading the pdf. It would be nice if there was a "cleaner" looking boot page that was smoother.
It is great for digital signatures. It is great at handling extremely large file sizes. It does not have a marquis zoom like Acrobat, so it takes a little getting used to.
The layout takes a little getting used to. And some of the items are not located in the ribbon where you think they should be. However, as with everything, with time, it becomes a preferred aplication.
I haven't really needed any support so far.
Kofax Power PDF is the only PDF program I use. The features are top of the line and help me to streamline my writing tasks. The convert to searchable PDF feature is great for when I scan in hard copy documents to make them usable in writing and editing. The ability to convert Mircosoft Word and Excel features save hours of time, especially when putting together client and prospect lists.
  • Makes scanned paper documents into searchable, copyable text.
  • The convert to excel feature saves hours of time in making client and prospect lists.
  • The convert to word feature makes documents easily editable.
  • Nothing
Kofax Power PDF is great for putting together client and prospect lists. It saves plenty of time. I don't know how I did that task before using Kofax Power PDF. The searchable PDG feature also saves plenty of time and makes scanned paper documents usable. I also like how easy it is to capture JPEGS from PDF documents.
I love how easy it is to convert PDFs into a usable format. I also like how easy it is to capture JPEGS and make photo files. The software is intuitive and easy to use. The graphic UI makes perfect sense. The menu options are all right where they should be.
The Kofax Power PDF program is constantly being improved. I never encounter any bugs because any issues are patched and updated automatically, many times before they become relevant to my situation. I can trust that Kofax Power PDF will remain functional and available to suit my needs in my business environment.
January 26, 2022

Working With PDF's

Craig Sams P.E. | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Kofax power PDF on a daily basis for all my PDF needs. I find the app to meet all my requirements for converting files to PDF format including Word, Excel, DWG, and image files. Editing and markup activities in Kofax PDF are easy and the tools available are extensive. I would recommend this app to anyone.
  • Converting files to PDF format
  • Editing PDF files
  • Marking up PDF files
  • Working with images
  • Layering
Kofax PDF is well suited for compiling a single PDF file from multiple files. This activity is simple and fast.
Speed and ease of use are qualities that keep me with Kofax Power PDF. It also seems to be a stable platform that has never given me problems.
I have never had to use support; the product is quite intuitive.
January 26, 2022

Makes my job easier

I use Kofax Power PDF to do the following - Prepare large demand packages sent by secure e-mail. Draft and prepare pleadings for filing electronically with the court system, where only PDF format is accepted. Prepare many different types of documents that are transmitted electronically in PDF format.
  • Creating PDFs from multiple non-PDF formatted documents
  • Creating forms
  • Creating a highlighted document for a presentation
  • Creating secure documents, such as medical records, for secure transfer
  • Creating a PDF from a large size document
  • Converting a large size document from PDF to Word
  • Adding a signature to a document with a clear background
Kofax Power PDF is best suited for document preparation where PDF is the only format accepted, like for court filings. There are no situations where I cannot use it or it is less appropriate for me.
In most situations, it is easy to use. I had to go to the tutorial multiple times to get the hang of transferring an image to a PDF, like a signature. I'm new to using Kofax so there are some things I have not yet mastered.
The tutorials are a bit difficult to follow. I have to listen to them multiple times in order to understand something. In my opinion, the teacher's accent is not helpful.
Unlike other PDF software, Kofax will allow you to save other frustrating file types directly from the internet as PDFs. Typically I would have to format .tif files but with Kofax, I can open/download files as PDFs and not have to change the format at all. The other function that solves mostly all of my business needs is the PDF compiler and PDF creator. It's incredibly easy to use and it creates exactly what I need immediately.
  • Ease of use - rotating documents/single pages
  • Compiling - creating a larger PDF out of multiple documents
  • Saving other files as PDFs by directly using the software
  • Automatically including bookmarks when compiling
  • Ease of moving pages within the document
  • N/A - I am fully, 100% satisfied with this product.
Kofax is particularly well suited when the work needed requires compiling a multitude of documents. The ease of functionality for compiling many PDFs into one large final product is imperative in my line of work and it exceeds all of my expectations. It vastly outperforms the competitors in this regard. Others do not have the same clean, final product with bookmarks and ease of compiling that Kofax provides.
It is without equal. Kofax is the easiest PDF software I've used, and I've used a lot of the major name competitors. Kofax makes a lot of the problems from other software nonexistent. Issues with formatting, creating text boxes, compiling, and saving different types of files just don't exist in Kofax.
I haven't had to use the support yet, but I will give this company the benefit of the doubt before giving it a lower than stellar rating, especially because the product itself is integral to my business and therefore incredibly beneficial to me.
Michael Schmidlen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kofax Power PDF became our de facto standard tool to replace Adobe when Nuance first released it, so it's been used for many, many years now.

We use it to generate PDFs, to combine documents, and to convert from PDF to word docs. It has provided us with a fully functional, more economical solution to competitive products on the market, and has allowed us to increase our productivity without sacrificing quality or speed.
  • Document creation.
  • Document Conversion.
  • Easily integrates with my MS Office 365 apps and WIN10.
  • Works with multiple browsers as an add-on.
  • Easier method to assemble docs.
In my experience Kofax Power PDF is a cost-effective solution for small business/home-based businesses, I can't speak to any other potential applications.
It has proven to be extremely easy to figure out and use on a daily basis.
Have had minimal interaction required for service.
We mainly use this product for sending documents to clients, creating and filling out forms, etc.
  • Reduce costs
  • Batch processing
  • Document format conversion
  • Error handling and reporting should be improved during batch processing.
Kofax Power PDF is good for simple document conversions, but it's often inappropriate for use as a document production tool in the law firm environment. The manner in which it handles conversion of e-mails and attachments is not forensically sound.
It's relatively straightforward to use and the learning curve for those familiar with Acrobat is not that steep.
I give it this rating because Kofax Power PDF does not have enough support resources, such as knowledgebases, that are useful for advanced functionality.
January 25, 2022

Great PDF editor

In the medical field, we use it to digitally sign documents. This is a great alternative to paying a monthly subscription. Although, there are some instances where the subscription software has advantages. I also use Kofax Power PDF to manipulate PDFs rather than combining or separating them. Additionally, the typewriter and form features are great. The typewriter is best for when I need to fill out a form. The form feature is best for turning a non-fillable form into a fillable one. The PDF to Excel converter is a great tool to have as well.
  • PDF to Excel conversion
  • Form Creator - making a PDF form fillable
  • Digital Signatures
  • PDF Manipulation - combining and separating PDFs
  • The OCR sometimes misreads words or letters, even when it's a typed document
The form Creator, PDF converter, and OCR have all improved since the last version I had with Nuance. If you need someone to sign a document then subscription-based solutions are best for that.
I came from their older software, but with the new layout once you know where things are everything is easy to find. OCR is an area that got better with the update but it still misreads typed text. I would expect OCR to get it wrong with handwritten items, but not typed.
It does what I need it to in order to save me time and be easy on my pocketbook.
January 25, 2022

Quick and simple review

A lot of documents require multiple signatures and editing. Power PDF helps greatly with that because I can save my employees' signatures and use them (with their permission of course) when I need to, rather than traveling to that employee and acquiring a new signature. When some internal documents need to be edited other PDF software can handle them, but not with the simplicity like Kofax.
  • E-sign
  • Convert other documents into a PDF
  • Combine multiple documents into a single file
  • Add text into documents
  • Makes any required changes easy
  • Make text boxes easier to manage after completion
  • Switching between saved signatures should be streamlined
  • Page assembly should be made more user friendly
Regarding PDF software, Kofax Power PDF is suited to sign any document, add or remove text to and from any document, convert most other documents into a PDF file, and convert a PDF file into other documents like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
I have a decent grasp of computing because I was raised with computers, tablets, phones, etc. Therefore, I know how to use the software for my needs simply by going through it and seeing all of its features. I have benefited by being able to accomplish all my paperwork and tasks in a timely manner. I now require many features of Kofax Power PDF to do my work. I have been spoiled with features!
Their customer service is quick and will help resolve any issues. They know the software inside and out.