My company utilizes TotalAgility as a platform to provide workflow automation, document management, and decision making processes to …
We resell Kofax TotalAgility to companies. Those have been order entry departments in some companies and others have been in the AP …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Kofax TotalAgility, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Kofax TotalAgility brings cognitive capture capabilities to the hands of business analysts and non-technical users to solve content-centric challenges, including classification and extraction from financial documents, contracts, forms and other information-intensive documents. With it, the vendor says organizations can accelerate information intensive workflows by applying cognitive capture and artificial intelligence to unstructured data in order to automate and extract information and unlock data insights.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
My company utilizes TotalAgility as a platform to provide workflow automation, document management, and decision making processes to companies looking to supplement or replace their mail center operations. The platform allows us as a solution provider to provide customized implementations that can easily be scaled and handle unique instances of document extraction, routing, and interfacing with a customer's external systems with ease.
- TotalAgility excels as a workflow platform that at a basic level can easily be implemented by BAs or junior developers while also being a platform that can easily be extended to provide a very customized and unique solution for a business.
- Utilizing the components from Kofax Transformation Modules, Kofax Input Connector, and KCNS allows for the platform to have a very powerful data extraction feature set that makes it more powerful than its competitors.
- The platform, being .NET, allows for developers to easily understand and extend the SDK and API either through native integration with the application or through its web services integration.
- Exception management within the platform can certainly be improved upon. If a job is suspended for any particular issue integrations can be put in place to attempt to handle them but it is kludgy and does not always work as anticipated.
- The administration interface is based on Microsoft Silverlight which limits it to certain versions of Internet Explorer and the interface has seen better days. Their other application, Kofax Kapow, has a much more mature and intuitive interface. This supposedly is being replaced in the next major iteration but I have doubts it will be successfully done.
- The product is expensive. It is also the Cadillac of workflow platforms with document transformation built in. In many cases the product can do what you want it to do but there may be other more cost effective platforms.
The platform is an excellent solution for companies looking for a workflow automation system that can be used across departments and its return on investment becomes apparent once it is introduced in production for a business. Its ability to route work tasks dynamically between employees and outside parties, implement SLAs, and get information to a back-end source is excellent.
We resell Kofax TotalAgility to companies. Those have been order entry departments in some companies and others have been in the AP department for invoices, approval, etc., at other customers.
- Ease of use. The drag and drop configuration to create the processes makes the product easy to use and configure. Most of the icons are intuitive on what they are and how to use them. The use of the colored icons for each value also helps to know that that value is looking for.
- Forms. The capture forms are easy to create and maintain. A new field can be added to the Extraction group and then the capture form is regenerated and that field is automatically added to the form with all the proper attributes. If an additional check box or field is added to the form, that field stays when regenerated. This differs from KTA 6.0.
- Kofax has done pretty well integrating all the pieces of Kofax into one product. KC (Kofax Capture), KIC (Kofax Import Connector), KTM (Kofax Transformation Module with OCR), and workflow are all combined into KTA (Kofax Total Agility). This lets all of these features work together in one product. Kofax does keep adding more to the functions that maybe were left out original version. This makes Kofax Total Agility a robust product.
- Performance especially with IE. All of our KTA customers so far have the policy to use IE company wide. Most of them have had to go to different browsers because IE is just too slow and causes too many problems. Kofax keeps improving but more advances are still needed.
- Mandatory fields. On capture forms, it is very hard to get a field to be mandatory. We have had to use a work around that can be complicated to accomplish this. The user is able to delete the data in a field and unless you put business rules for each one, they are able to complete the activity with invalid data. This happens for drop down lists as well.
- Communication between the document tab of a form and the activity tab. Data does not go between these forms. We have had to use a global variable to get this communication. Since the forms know about each other, I would like to see something developed to make this easier.
- Field validation in the Extraction group used in the validation form. Sometimes these are recognized and used right away. Others do not and it does not seem to be anything consistent to know what is missing.
- Some of the TotalAgility SDK methods are not consistent in how they function. Some methods with this issue are GetWorkQueue2, GetActivities2, and GetJobs4. These inconsistencies have caused us to have to replace them with our own written SQL statements and processes.
- Errors in validation for the line item table in APAgility. It is very hard to validate and display errors with data in the line item table. In another comment I stated that the Business Rules added in the Extraction group field validation do not always fire and work as expected. This just adds to the complexity in trying to validate a column in the table. This would apply to straight KTA as well as APAgility.
Less appropriate would be where the customer is mainly concerned in how fast they can get the work done due to the performance issues in Kofax TotalAgility. The customer needs to weigh the overall elimination of functions that were done manually and how long it takes them to do these functions. They have to consider the overall time, not just the act of launching the form and completing it. Many manual functions should be replaced with the automation in the workflow.