October 25, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Read this authenticated review
Pros and Cons
- TotalAgility excels as a workflow platform that at a basic level can easily be implemented by BAs or junior developers while also being a platform that can easily be extended to provide a very customized and unique solution for a business.
- Utilizing the components from Kofax Transformation Modules, Kofax Input Connector, and KCNS allows for the platform to have a very powerful data extraction feature set that makes it more powerful than its competitors.
- The platform, being .NET, allows for developers to easily understand and extend the SDK and API either through native integration with the application or through its web services integration.
- Exception management within the platform can certainly be improved upon. If a job is suspended for any particular issue integrations can be put in place to attempt to handle them but it is kludgy and does not always work as anticipated.
- The administration interface is based on Microsoft Silverlight which limits it to certain versions of Internet Explorer and the interface has seen better days. Their other application, Kofax Kapow, has a much more mature and intuitive interface. This supposedly is being replaced in the next major iteration but I have doubts it will be successfully done.
- The product is expensive. It is also the Cadillac of workflow platforms with document transformation built in. In many cases the product can do what you want it to do but there may be other more cost effective platforms.