February 27, 2019
Score 3 out of 10
Our department uses LabVantange as the request intake, tracking, and billing tool for data requests related to research. It replaced the previous MS Excel tool that the team was using. The system is not well suited to our kind of work, but we are one of several research cores at our company, and all of the other cores use LabVantage, so we really had no choice but to use the same system.
- Request tracking, numbering: LabVantage provides a unique number to each request, which makes requests easy to track and refer to.
- Web-enabled: we can link to LabVantage requests and attachments from other systems.
- Single Sign-On: users can use their network username/password to login to LabVantage
- Request pages are hard to view, especially when viewing with a team on a large screen. We export the the request information into other systems so that we can hold team reviews and discussions
- Prioritization. We use an agile framework for prioritizing requests. It would be so much easier if requests could be ordered in a prioritized backlog. Instead, we have to use a different tool for prioritization
- Requester/PI billing linkage: I am not sure if this is something specific to our organization, but the linkages between Requestors/PIs and grants/pay accounts do not work well for our business. We are always have to come up with work arounds and exceptions to deal with system limitations.
Read this authenticated review
Probably better suited for true lab users. It is less suited for managing data requests. Most departments in our organization have abandoned allowing customers to enter their own requests because it is too complex and cumbersome.