LastPass for Business Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

June 11, 2021
Megan Murray | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize LastPass for Business across all of our business and for our personal needs as well. It is a great resource for us and helps us save time and money. We can authorize different people in our business and professional lives to have access to different programs we use. We can quickly give them access to things without giving them complete control. It has improved our efficiency as an organization and I can't tell you how many hours it has saved with trying to remember or figure out passwords etc. Game changer.
  • Helps create and save new passwords for any sort of login you can think of
  • Incredibly easy to share access without sharing passwords.
  • Incredibly easy to revoke access when someone doesn't need it anymore or if you don't want them to have it.
  • Saves time, I don't have to remember all passwords, just one, one to LastPass!
  • It would be really helpful to have a view function where I can see easily who has access to what. It feels a bit cumbersome to navigate this now. Would be nice if there was a folder view and you could see quickly and at a glance who has access to which folders.
  • Would be nice if the generate password function didn't take so many clicks within the system itself. It works nicely with the chrome extension though.
  • I wish there was a way to batch change passwords. I'm sure this is hard to do but it would be so nice.
11. It is perfect for sharing across teams and families. I can't recommend it higher. Save time, save money, save peace of mind. Really great for remote teams and for using contractors that might need short term access to your logins. You want to be sure whomever you use it with you trust however because they still could go into the admin side of your login of a specific site and change your password.
LastPass can easily scale with your needs. I only [wish] it was easier for users to review what folders who has access to them. As you scale you will want to make sure that you set is up in an organized fashion or it can feel unruly. It also allows others to manage what they need so saves you time managing.
I haven't had much experience with LastPass support. I am a big fan of the youtube videos of users and how to best implement and use LastPass. Would be nice if there was a support landing page with quick how to videos in multiple languages. But again I haven't had a lot of need for support.
Read Megan Murray's full review
May 12, 2021
Greg Madden, CISSP | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass is used by multiple employees to store credentials which has allowed us to increase password requirements and mitigate the risk of brute force password attacks. We wanted to increase password length considerably, especially for admin capabilities, and by having the ability to auto generate and store secure passwords, we did just that.
  • Auto filling in forms and apps. Works well on phone as well.
  • Generating secure passwords and automatically parsing out the information on the page to store the credentials securely.
  • Decreasing the risk of brute force attacks by extending passwords and adding more complexity.
  • There are still some sites that do not auto fill credentials.
  • Sometimes it can be difficult to access passwords offline with requiring full password.
  • Secure notes could be better organized and there are too many locations to store information and going back through and finding those notes can be difficult.
LastPass's best feature is the ability to auto generate random secure passwords that are much more secure than passwords users generate themselves. It also allows organizations to stop reusing admin passwords, and assign unique passwords to every device and account. The auto fill feature works well on most websites but it does have issues with some applications, so that would not be a reason to purchase
The capability for scaling is obvious in the way the control is segmented. You can separate access by department or even role. We only have a few users and have not had the need to scale beyond that yet, but the interface is setup in a way that makes the process very simple when necessary.
I have not had to use support yet, so I cannot comment.
Read Greg Madden, CISSP's full review
Sara Yaseen | TrustRadius Reviewer
At our nonprofit organization, we use LastPass for Business for almost everything. It is a better alternative than having to remember passwords or write them down on post-it notes, especially as most of our staff has transitioned to currently working from home at the moment. It solves most of our information technology and cybersecurity issues.
  • LastPass has a vault that saves and stores organizational wide credentials
  • It saves time from having to ask a coworker for their login information
  • It takes the stress out of worrying about internet security related threats
  • It doesn't allow people to copy and save passwords from shared folders into a personal vault
  • There should be a feature that allows more users to be admins with access to the console
  • LastPass should only save work-related passwords when logged into G suite
  • Too many folks use LP for Business for personal password protection
For many nonprofits, political campaigns, issue advocacy organizations and the like, LastPass for Business is well-suited for most company needs with 50+ employees. For smaller workplaces with less people, there's very little need since the cost can be a bit expensive and too much of a hassle to opt-in to, but well worth it if dealing with sensitive or confidential information.
I would give LastPass for Business a 10/10 because at the Hub we have at least five departments, including full-time and temporary staff as well as contractors and interns. This platform ensures that we are able to access the work-related systems necessary to complete our jobs, collaborative across teams, and accomplish our goals on time.
It was pretty good. Whenever I had questions or concerns over certain functions, issues, or capabilities I always received a prompt and friendly response that answered all of my inquiries. I appreciate this part of LastPass very much. It would help to create a FAQs guide or support page in the future in order to decrease the number of support tickets from customer such as myself.
Read Sara Yaseen's full review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass is the ultimate password manager, which allows us to share account sign-in details with others on our team without disclosing the username and password.
As the team has grown, the worry was always how do we share and allow access to the business-related account with new members and then restrict or revoke access to those that no longer work to leave ourselves vulnerable? LastPass makes those fears, concerns and anxiety all disappear. In essence, this tool has saved us time and provides peace of mind and confidence online with all our online accounts.
  • Share passwords: One of the key features for the business was being able to securely share our password or provide access into particular business accounts for our team members.
  • Autofill: Something I didn't personally feel I needed till you're online purchasing multiple times a week. This feature allows you to auto-fill those details with a click of a button and saves you time.
  • Generate Passwords: We are ultimately overwhelmed with the number of passwords we have, and it's made even worse when that 90-day comes, and you have to think of a new password that you have to remember. This feature allows you to create unique and strong passwords and generate ones when you're all out of new password suggestions.
  • Improvements to the Vault access via desktop: It always seems to take me through to the score centre, and then still the frustration sits when you can't get out of that screen. LastPass needs to provide simple and straight-forward pathways to access the Vault on the desktop when a user wants and needs the access.
  • A faster way to share access to accounts with others on the move: The mobile version of LastPass could be improved in making it easier and faster in sharing account details and access with others in your team.
  • Manually entering payment card details: I dislike having to manually enter card details via mobile. How great would it be for LastPass to have a camera feature that allows you to take a photo of your card and then it populates the information scanned. You could then edit anything that needs it but ultimately it saves you time.
I absolutely recommend and have recommended LastPass to friends, colleagues and small businesses that I have worked with as they start to scale and need easier ways to share security information. I think LastPass is also very useful for sole traders working on their own and are overwhelmed with having to remember so many passwords for their business.

One of the many reasons I recommended LastPass to the organisation I work for as a consultant is the scalability, especially over the last 12-months of COVID. Bring new people onboard a business. Knowing that you can ultimately provide access to particular accounts with the peace of mind knowing that high-security details do not have to be shared provide that ultimate peace of mind.

I have never had to reach out to LastPass customer service for any assistance with the accounts and many troubleshoot questions on Google which then takes me to LastPass. I find that there are so many articles, tips and advice that comes online with LastPass there is always someone else who has managed to solve it. Based on the support you can find readily available online, I give it a 10.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
July 25, 2021
Mira Kazandzhieva | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a company using many and different websites and applications every day, we are very thankful that LastPass makes our life much easier. We are currently on their business plan which is very affordable and secure. We use LastPass on mobile phones and PC. It is a very intuitive service to navigate and has a great interface. LastPass also offers Single Sign-on (SSO) and we are considering trying this new feature soon.
  • Generates strong passwords.
  • Autofill passwords.
  • 2Factor auth.
  • Easy to use.
  • Support
It is very suited when you use many and different websites and applications. You don't need to remember all these passwords but just one. Also, when you make a new registration it is very useful to generate a strong pass and save the credentials at once.
Read Mira Kazandzhieva's full review
July 13, 2021
Samuel Laflamme | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lastpass is used as the primary (and only) password manager in the whole company. Everybody in the organization has an account.
The primary use is for manager passwords. Before we add LastPass, people were either using a personal password manager or none at all. The latter can cause some security issues.
  • Sharing Password
  • Compatibility
  • Ease of use
  • Translation
  • Support
  • Search
  • Synchronization
I believe Lastpass is one of the most used password managers. So if people use it for personal use, it will help the adoption in the company.
The main reason to get LastPass for Business is to have a centralized, IT-managed solution for your password. No more users with third-party password managers or worse using the same password on many websites.
We do yet know the full scalability of Lastpass since we are still in the process to implement the SSO. For the part that we are using already its scale quite well. We can use AD to add people in Lastpass sharing group. We can also import users in batches.
My experience with Lastpass support was not the best. We communicate with them via email. The first contact with us can take a couple of days. In some cases we had, a vault was corrupted and we were not able to get an answer why. I would love for Lastpass support to have a Chat feature. Email is quite slow and calling is not always a viable option when I have so little time.
Read Samuel Laflamme's full review
March 12, 2021
Ali Kazempour | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our company and its departments, the main concern is to maintain the security of the organization and protect users in cyber and Internet environments. We use LastPass for Business to protect our team and password security. In addition to training and security standards in the organization to protect the privacy of personnel, such platforms can help employees to keep their passwords in a secure environment and intelligently announce change reminders when needed, and only allow passwords with secure protocols. The IT manager of the organization also oversees all departments and can control all departments and define the access level, time, IP, devices, and geographical location. Also, if a person leaves the organization, all his access will be easily cut off, and this is very important for safety. Saving time and full control over managing access usernames and passwords is now much easier, and also they are all stored on the cloud platform as encrypted algorithms.
  • Access to all sites and user accounts with just a smart unique username and password, which of course is controlled by LastPass for Business smart technology.
  • Superb Single Sign-On feature with huge list of pre-integrated apps.
  • An option must be added in the settings that automatically change whenever a password is changed and does not ask the user each time if he or she wants to update the changed password in the system.
  • The user log section should be much clearer and have more and more accurate options.
[LastPass for Business has] the ability to connect and manage personal and business accounts with each other with great features such as storing sensitive information of bank accounts and credit cards and the ability to search quickly. Each time you change the password of an application or website, it automatically detects and asks you if you want to update and save the new password automatically on the platform.
Accurate and comprehensive reporting for IT managers of the situations used, as well as the possibility of creating user groups and defining different access levels, and each user can have a separate folder for his work. Usability on all devices is easily possible, [with] great Single Sign One integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory and [a] huge list of pre-integrated apps.
The support team is responsive around the clock and can be contacted through a variety of methods and also use security and safety standards. Overall LastPass for Business support team is great.
Read Ali Kazempour's full review
May 11, 2021
Mallory Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass is a reliable tool. We are using it in our organization for securing our business account passwords because it is a single platform available in the market which is giving outstanding protection. The authentication policy of this software does not put its customers in any qualm and enigma as it is quite simple. The feature I like the most is the option of adding trusted friends who help in an emergency if my software gets hang or any trouble occurs. I can easily share passwords among my employees. It allows me to build powerful passwords by keeping me informed regarding its strength.
  • LastPass has lessened my worries to a great degree since it secures and shields all of my personal information.
  • I not only use it for my business purposes but also avail it for my personal life to connect with my friends and family.
  • It saves my time of entering and re-entering my passcodes since it auto-fills the spaces once it saves them.
  • It also saves information regarding my credit card according to my choice.
  • I feel secure with the security of two-factor authentication.
  • Browser extension is the more smart way of synchronizing passwords.
  • Sometimes, I have to face some delays while logging in.
  • Password resetting must be easy and secure.
  • Data encryption security features lack some advanced options which are available in other password protection tools.
I believe that an employee or an online business professional can’t have such privacy that he receives via LastPass. It saves information about credit cards, shopping cards, Wi-Fi, and the rest of the business passwords so it will help you if you even forget the information. The master password is an amazing feature that will enable you to reach the security and password settings. There is only one master password which is needed to be remembered in the mind otherwise it has given much easiness.
LastPass is a secure platform that comes with smart security features. I would say it is a flexible tool that keeps everything well organized.
Its customer support is reliable and efficient that gives professional services. Also, they are well trained for resolving customer issues in seconds.
Read Mallory Robinson's full review
April 26, 2021
Alan Bloxham | TrustRadius Reviewer
We work a lot in account management with dozens of clients at a time. As such, we need somewhere to store all of our passwords for easy access when logging in. LastPass works so great because we can use this software across all the various websites. It has simplified our login process.
  • Password management.
  • Password sharing with coworkers.
  • High security master password.
  • Sometimes the LastPass icon doesn't come up when an auto-fill-in login shows up on a site.
LastPass is the best solution for password across multiple accounts on the same page. If it's just one person, having the Business side of the account might not be worth the price, they could just afford a basic account.
The fact that the LastPass for Business platform can provide password access on various levels to different team members means you can consolidate all passwords into one platform and make the necessary ones visual for each team member's needs.
Unfortunately, I have never been involved on the support side of things of LastPass. That being said, we've never really needed to contact support. But the software works so great, I would imagine the support is great too.
Read Alan Bloxham's full review
April 23, 2021
Jill Liegghio | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently deploying LastPass to a group of beta testers, with the hope of potentially making it available enterprise-wide. I'm one of less than 10 who is currently using the product to solve the problem of maintaining multiple user IDs and passwords. I probably have more than 75 active passwords that I was keeping in a local OneNote file. However, you still have to type your credentials into the websites or copy and paste. With LastPass, these are automatically completed through the software.
  • Keeps multiple passwords and user IDs for both computer and mobile applications.
  • Allows user to remember just one master password to access all accounts.
  • Recommends secure, unique passwords so you don't have to try to come up with them and risk repeating / forgetting any.
  • Increases security by allowing users to stop the habit of storing passwords locally, in unsecured media.
  • At times it can overwrite your user name with another piece of data. For instance, if you have multiple sign in points on the same site or if you have an additional level of authentication - like a token key - it may overwrite a part of your credentials.
  • Sometimes if you move the credentials into folders - for instance, Business, Banking, Personal - it may not pull up the credential the next time you access the website. It would seem that it matters where it is stored in LastPass when you save your data.
  • It won't always auto-populate your credentials when accessing them from a website.
  • They have a sharing feature - so you can provide passwords to other individuals. But we've have difficulty getting this to work.
I recommend this to any business professional who has to handle multiple accounts or has accounts that time out very quickly. It's no surprise that you spend a GREAT DEAL of time finding and typing passwords. And worse, even once you get all the information stored somewhere, you may have to create a new password again after 60 days. That old way of doing things needs to go by the wayside. When I see someone with a paper book full of passwords, I spread the news.
There doesn't seem to be any limit to the number of credentials this software can house and this is ONLY the free version. Honestly, I feel everyone can benefit from this freeware version. In the future, we will look to license it for Enterprise use. Maybe we will even require it as the only permissible way to keep passwords.
We have had no difficulty implementing this software to our beta testing team and have found even the free version was very easy to install and use with minimal support. I have not needed to contact LastPass support personally, as we have an on-site IT team who does supports us. However, if support, ease of use or ease of implementation were an issue, we wouldn't be looking to bring this software to our Enterprise.
Read Jill Liegghio's full review
Joshua Kandle | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass across the company and it helps streamline the storage and retrieval of the myriad of passwords that we all encounter on the web these days, making it easy to share across accounts and help individuals get access to the passwords they need to do their jobs quickly and easily.
  • LastPass does a good job of organizing passwords and making it easy to share some and not others.
  • I have a personal and a company LastPass and it's seamless to shift between them.
  • LastPass means you don't have to remember the 500 passwords you need to get work done, just ONE password.
  • The website autofill integration is great and makes logging in to sites a breeze.
  • Sometimes we have a lot of passwords for a certain website so it can be a pain to sort through all of them to find the correct one. It would be helpful if you could type the name of one in the autofill interface and then select it.
  • Not a LastPass issue, but it can be annoying when the mac password filler fights with the LastPass password filler and they both try to take over the fields you are trying to fill in.
It's well suited to anyone having to manage passwords, which is basically everyone these days.
LastPass has made it easy to get new employees the password access they need.
We haven't need a lot of support as the product has been fairly seamless for our password management purposes.
Read Joshua Kandle's full review
Rob Rotundo | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass for Business is a great tool overall. Currently, the IT department at my company uses it as we always had issues on where to store secure passwords. Eventually, it is something we may even offer to end-users so they stop writing passwords on sticky notes. This is the main issue that LastPass for Business addresses.
  • Allows users to not have to remember passwords.
  • Suggests strong passwords when setting up new accounts.
  • Good structure to manage different department passwords.
  • Pricing can improve.
  • Easier integration into the computer.
LastPass for Business is great for an organization where users have to share passwords, such as the IT department. But LastPass for Business is also a great tool for end-users. LastPass for Business makes it so that end users can stop writing passwords on sticky notes or using Excel sheets that can be easily compromised.
LastPass for Business is very flexible and scalable based on how many users we needed. You can setup different sections in the program and allow access to certain users, so that you have have multiple departments access LastPass as needed, and only give them access to what they are authorized to use.
Although I haven't used support much yet for LastPass for Business, the few times I have dealt with them, they have been supportive and informative. I'm not sure how much I'll need support from LastPass for Business, but I'm certain that when I do, they will come through. Their documentation is great also.
Read Rob Rotundo's full review
Jackson Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our business we manage tons of accounts on multiple ecommerce platforms from Amazon to Walmart. Since each of these accounts has a unique login LastPass for Business is a must for us. It allows you to have a master login that gives you access to all of the passwords that you choose to save within the software vault. It makes it super easy to sign in to accounts quickly without having to look up the login information for that specific client. You simply click on the icon automatically generated once you have installed the LastPass for Business extension and it will auto-populate the needed login information. The best thing about this is that if you switch computers you don't lose all of the saved passwords you can just redownload the Last Pass extension and sign in with your master password and you'll have all of the needed passwords you have saved in the past right in your vault and ready to use.
  • Saves time not having to lookup passwords for multiple accounts
  • Stores your passwords in a secure place that can be accessed on multiple devices
  • Allows you to share passwords to other members on your team quickly and safely
  • I do wish at times that it had a QR code feature where you could store QR authentication passcodes in the vault for future use.
  • I wish that you could transfer information to new employees really quickly and that person didn't have to use the passcode once before it autopopulated in the field
  • The search tool on the extension is sometimes a bit of a hassle and makes you type out a lot before it finds what you are looking for but at least it has one there are a lot of softwares that force you to scroll through all of the information
For people who are signing in and out of a lot of accounts on a ton of different platforms, LastPass for Business is awesome. If you only manage a couple of accounts and there isn't a lot of signing in and out then you could probably just use the password save option on your browser.
It has been great. You can upgrade to versions that allow for more team members and then you can share all of the needed login information to that member seemlessly and safely.
I haven't had to call them for support in the two years that I have used the software personally. That is the best kind of support in my book, when the software works effectively without any hiccups.
Read Jackson Gordon's full review
April 07, 2021
Robert Ross | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have two departments leveraging the platform to share access to resources in use by those departments. We have also put the platform to use to harden the passwords currently in use and allow for the simplification of adding new team members and removing those that department from the company. We have also enabled stronger multifactor access to those passwords and created a central place to manage all of those passwords for our corporate technology team. It addresses weak and repetitively used passwords
  • HardenPasswords
  • Centralized Management of users
  • Complex Multifactor
  • Great Customer Support
  • end user education needs work
  • understand admin access roles
  • moving users between groups
Any business that does not have an identity management platform can help with password and account management for SAAS applications. I don't think it can scale for large enterprise, but I never looked into or asked about that
Our usage does provide the password management we needed and allows users to have access to shared resources. We are delighted thus far
Question are answered quickly and effectively they are quick to hope on the phone.
Read Robert Ross's full review
July 19, 2021
LastPass is being used by my organization as a means to securely share login credentials for certain third-party services as well as store login information for individual user accounts with certain other systems. The entire organization is using LastPass and as such has enabled us to monitor usage, password strength, and better control access to our accounts.
  • Encourage good passwords: with the ability to easily generate a good, secure password that doesn't need to be typed in moving forward, it encourages users to have good passwords since they don't need to think of them and then remember them later on.
  • Credential sharing: with the team solution it is very easy to share credentials when needed and revoke access when complete without ever revealing the password.
  • Browser integration: the browser plugin makes it easy to use as it is always available whenever a password/login is required.
  • Sharing outside the organization could be improved by not being limited to 5 users per shared folder as sometimes it is necessary to share credentials to more people.
  • I haven't had much luck with the automatic password change feature for some services, but that's really not a big deal.
LastPass is well suited when operating within an organization that has a lot of people coming and going who need to have access to restricted resources. We make use of a lot of interns and it is nice to be able to grant access to various services through LastPass when they arrive (never sharing the actual passwords) and then easily remove access when their internship ends. LastPass is also well suited in enforcing good security practices with strong passwords.
LastPass does not really pose any scalability concerns. We have numerous departments setup with their own top-level folder that is shared within the department and then more specialized folders shared to cross-functional teams and various subsections. We have not run into any scalability issues around sharing nor with individual use cases.
May 10, 2021
We use LastPass [for Business] in several departments across the organization, but it is not a company-wide standard yet. We promote the use of LastPass [for Business] for security purposes. Enterprise features allow users to store passwords securely and share them with coworkers in a controlled manner. LastPass [for Business] also improves onboarding and offboarding processes related to password s
  • Password management
  • Password sharing
  • User management
  • The user interface (especially within browsers) can feel a bit dated/clunky at times
  • The auto fill feature doesn't always work like it seems like it should
LastPass for Business works well in organizations where multiple users and/or departments will be using the tool in a standardized way. While it's possible to implement it in an ad-hoc fashion, this can end up resulting in more confusion. If your organization is willing to enforce policies about how passwords are transmitted and where they can be stored, LastPass for Business may be a good solution.
It has been very easy to increase the scope of our deployment and scale how LastPass Enterprise is used across our organization. Adding users and setting up new departmental groups is straightforward and handled by IT support. Licensing is simple and affordable as well. Additionally, reporting tools provided by LastPass make it easy to quickly gauge how adoption is progressing in various departments.
Overall we've been happy with LastPass support. They are quick to respond and answer any questions that we may have. More than that, the documentation that is available is fairly thorough and helps reduce the number of times that we need to reach out to support in the first place.
On top of that, there is a growing community of LastPass users who are willing to share their experiences and help answer questions as well.
July 18, 2021
I've used LastPass as a password vault mainly for the last 4 years; they have a good balance between security and usability. They have found the right direction to avoid the need of having to remember all your security-related identities. I love how LastPass addresses the need for a single library with all your online passwords.
  • Password vault
  • Browser integration
  • Multiple device usage
  • Automatic login
  • Freeware offering
  • Multi-factor authentication
This is perfectly suited for users who are normally using "sticky notes" or Excel spreadsheets as their own password libraries. That's not secure and can be compromised by anyone. The solution provides a very easy-to-use design and it can be easy to understand how to navigate and keep your identities safe.
It is very easy to use and it can help you to jump from your computer to your mobile device, iPad, or any other device you may have. It can also be integrated with your Apple Watch to get notifications and allow or deny any login attempt for multifactor authentication.
LastPass is a huge investment in terms of deployment but it will get you rewarded once you see the easy adoption and the perfect balance your users will have within security and protection. This is a solution every company must have implemented in their environments and must consider for their security journey.
February 12, 2021
Whole organization uses LastPass for Business. We have various court websites that require a large array of user accounts and passwords. LastPass for Business makes that whole process much easier to manage. Also all of the usual uses for accounting sites, IT sites, etc.
  • Federation.
  • Organization.
  • Security/policy-based control.
  • Could do better with group syncing.
  • Various portals need more integration/single pane, but I think that is in the works.
  • There are some glitches in various browsers and how popups occur, generating passwords, etc.
It's really the best of breed for enterprise password management. We can't use it as an IdP because we had already started pretty heavily with Azure AD, but it's also one of the best IdP providers. The MFA is excellent and I think the most intelligent and secure. It might be overkill for some small businesses.
Excellent enterprise product with lots of department/ group/ enterprise features. As we have had more adoption, we have been able to scale our needs easily within LastPass. And we may migrate to LastPass as our main IdP at some point in the future.
Had a complex Federation deployment and LastPass support was excellent. Walked though the whole process.
April 08, 2021
LastPass for Business is being used across the whole organization. This helps unify/centralize password management for all of our users. With users having more and more complex passwords, LastPass for Business is a simple way to organize and manage passwords.
  • Cross platform/browser compatibility
  • Provides password management on mobile devices
  • Easy to use and manage passwords with one master password
  • It doesn't work on all websites. It's probably the way the form/fields were created on the webpage so sometimes you have to manually right click > fill the username/password fields
Ability to combine personal/business website passwords into one central location. Very simple to use on mobile especially with FaceID enabled.
Easy to maintain and login.
Have not had to reach out to support for any issues, which is a good sign of great software. I would imagine that their support would be similar in quality to LastPass itself.
November 17, 2020
Diane Eby | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass for our administrative team, our purchasing team and our design team. LastPass solves several business problems including security of passwords, sound password practices, allows us to keep passwords privately held by administrators while giving access to staff who need it, and the ability to easily update passwords regularly for protection. We also save our purchasing and bank information for ready access to those who need it, thus preventing these from being written down and kept in unsafe places. Having control over requiring staff to change their master password is a plus as staff are forced to follow good practices for safeguarding company information.
  • Very user friendly for staff to locate the vendor needed, access the website and auto sign in. Plus they never have to be the one to worry about changing or securing those passwords. The administrators and LastPass do it!!!
  • All passwords and other secure information are kept in one place. We always know where to find it!
  • The help center is fantastic. As an administrator, I can find everything I need to set up the account, train staff and ask questions.
  • Continuing the enhancement you have going. Policies were particularly unwieldy to set up in the beginning. I had to search help a lot to understand which policies I needed to set.
  • Batch set up is a must. One by one addition of staff to a group took time to accomplish. Anything that can be batched is much preferred.
  • There was some issue with saving the encrypted passwords. I had to reset several accounts because the password saved was not the password saved on the site. Admittedly this could be user error, but I'm not usually technologically challenged. The pop up to save the password needs to be timed better so that you can only save at the end of your password change on a site.
If you have a lot of passwords like we did (over 200!), you NEED and WANT LastPass. This has made going to these sites efficient, easy (no more trying to find the password and having to copy and past after you also find the website) and most importantly SAFE. I no longer worried about passwords being in the wrong hands or worse, losing them!
To date, I have not found a less appropriate scenario! I use it for my personal passwords as well. No more same 3 passwords for everything I do online!
LastPass rates a 10 because I can use it across all departments in my company. We are in our first year of use, so I wouldn't say there has been any evolving yet, other than we use it every single day! It has improved our online vendor use exponentially. We added more users!
It has met every expectation we had. It does everything we wanted/needed it to do. It is cost effective and easy to add users when needed. They have impressive support and training (webinars and if you can't attend, you get the recording if you registered so you can listen when convenient)! With software purchases there always seem to be growing pains. The only growing pains we had were because of COVID-19 lockdown and I was still able to set up the program and learn from my home office!!! Implementation didn't go as easily as it should have simply because I was doing it through Zoom calls and at a distance. Not being readily available to co-workers as they were onboarding was the hitch.
I login to LastPass when I turn on my computer in the morning and I use it throughout the day. I cannot express how much easier, quicker, smoother (running out of adjectives) this is than our old Excel spreadsheet. I don't bookmark pages anymore, I put them in last pass as all I have to do is search for the site name, press launch and because I have auto signin for most of the sites, I'm in and doing my business in seconds. Truly a blessing!
Read Diane Eby's full review
November 30, 2020
Nancy Shore | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across our small organization. It saves us from circulating a document or sticky notes with passwords and PINs. When we hire contract employees/teams, we don't have to risk our security just to let them log into a social or support account.
  • It's like Dropbox but more targeted and secure.
  • Can share links without exposing actual passwords.
  • Easy for everyone to access.
  • I would like an option to not be prompted to remember log in for some sites.
We have a small organization, but we're all working remotely. It's not as easy now to run next door to my coworker and have them log me into a site, so we use LastPass to share passwords to common sites (like SurveyMonkey or ShipStation) where we have one login account.
We were using individual LP accounts prior to downsizing our organization. The LP Enterprise has allowed us to more easily access commonly-used accounts across our team, and to grant access to our contract workers without exposing our actual credentials. We can change their access without having to change all our passwords everywhere.
It's been relatively easy to use. There have been a couple of hiccups during the handoff between admins because of how our individual LP accounts had been set up, but now it's seamless.
Sometimes the Chrome plug-in is quirky. I'd appreciate a feature where I could tell LP to "forget" some websites and not continue to be prompted to remember the log in there, like banking and some e-commerce sites. But it's helpful to have a central one-click log-in for the multiple sites I now have to access as one of the remaining admins at our org.
Read Nancy Shore's full review
November 17, 2020
Derek Asher | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently have LastPass for Business rolled out to our entire organization. LastPass for Business presents an opportunity to streamline logins, password management (no more sticky notes!), and enhance user security. One of our favorite uses is the linked accounts feature. Rather than having to
log out and in to a personal account or constantly check a personal
device, users can link their personal LastPass for Business account (or create one)
and securely access their personal vault without needing to worry about
IT or anyone gaining access to their personal passwords, notes, and
credit cards. We even have the ability to force this feature to help users keep their personal data separate from their enterprise data. Another great use is that it help users verify legitimate websites; if the URL doesn't match, then their saved password will not be shown, prompting the user to take a closer look at what website is asking them to log in. It definitely reduces some of our security stresses.

• The linked accounts feature
  • Easy reporting and dashboard features built in to the admin console
  • Plethora of pre-built policies that make management easy
  • ADFS login makes user management a lot easier
  • Occasional check-ins from our LastPass for Business CSM
  • No admin policy to block certain sites from saving passwords (Useful to prevent saving AD passwords)
  • A bit difficult to configure users who previously used their work email to sign up for LastPass for Business; it sometimes requires deletion of their old accounts
  • There is a bit of redundancy, but not so much the fault of LastPass for Business as it is varying URLs for login/authentication pages; it would be nice to see a little more intuition behind the software on when information should not be prompted to be saved (such as MFA codes, verification codes, root of the URL matching an existing URL for a saved credential)
LastPass for Business is great for any IT department concerned about securely storing and sharing passwords as needed. If you have concerns regarding end-users putting passwords on sticky notes, this saves you many major headaches.
Our company decided to enable ADFS sign-in. This has made adding in small batches and larger groups much easier than a traditional method, such as setting up CSVs with user information and uploading that. We only have to add a user or security or distribution group into a designated AD security group to set up their LastPass for Business account.
The customer support is quick and responsive. I'm glad that LastPass for Business provided an option for call-in support, as sometimes my schedule gets overwhelmed and I miss email replies. I'm able to get an issue resolved quickly and effectively. Our dedicated customer success manager also checks in with us to see how everything is going and is able to keep an eye on our general usage to make suggestions or offer additional assistance.
The browser extension is supported on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, and Edge. It also has a mobile app available, which makes on-the-fly password generation and auto-fill easy. LastPass for Business is basically available everywhere you go, even if you don't have an internet connection. One of the few downsides is that it can't always discern when something other than a password is being entered (i.e. one-time codes, phone numbers, etc.) and asks to save that. If someone isn't paying attention, they could update their password incorrectly, which would make subsequent site logins a bit of a hassle (though it's easy to recover the password, as LastPass for Business does version history for each entry!)
Read Derek Asher's full review
November 15, 2020
Lisa Cooks | TrustRadius Reviewer
The organization uses Lastpass to manage all of the passwords throughout the company. There are many platforms that are used by various employees. LastPass enables us to grant access to the various platforms without sharing the login information, which provided an extra layer of security.
  • Manage passwords
  • Interested logins throughout the company
  • Pass retrieval
  • Better problem solving when an administrator leaves the company.
In the Finance department, the bank login information needs to be shared with different associates. LastPass allows me to give them access to the accounts without sharing the password so that in the event that they leave the organization, I can deny access without having to change all the passwords.
Customer service needs to improve. It's hard to get a callback. Also, there are issues that need to be addressed primarily to gain access if the administrator on the account leaves the company.
Some of the features are not Intuitive.

Read Lisa Cooks's full review
November 13, 2020
Amy Pyles | TrustRadius Reviewer
We leverage LastPass for our digital & creative teams to store and share passwords for software, tools, and platforms that we manage or utilize for our clients. It allows us to keep our client information safe and easily ensure everyone has access to the right passwords they need to complete their work.
  • Chrome plugin makes adoption and use easy.
  • Foldering of passwords allows us to administrate the access to systems well.
  • Mobile access
  • When multiple passwords/user names are saved for a single site, the Chrome plugin can be buggy to select which user you are logging in for.
  • Price point can be cumbersome to scale of platform to entire organization.
LastPass is a great solution for teams who need to share logins but want to do it safely. Its price point can be a barrier for larger-scale teams but we have found it affordable and effective for a 10-15 person team.
Pricing is the biggest barrier to scalability.
I have not directly engaged with support but have heard positive things from my IT Director.
It's great for digital-first employees. It can be a bit cumbersome for less savvy users.
Read Amy Pyles's full review
November 05, 2020
Paul Tedder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lastpass is being used across our organization on an "opt-in" basis. If users want an account we provide it for them. Some are strongly encouraged to have an account
  • Manages website logins
  • Integrate work accounts with personal accounts
  • Sharing of passwords
  • Searching
  • Some websites are not fully compatible which limits ease of use.
  • Deeper encryption would be nicer but not a deal breaker for us.
For people managing a lot of website logins (which is about everybody)! For departments where multiple people need access to a specific site. For managing important data that may or may not be web-related.
While we have not used it, it seems to have the feature set to make scalability a real option.
Surprisingly, it seems to have gotten better since it was bought out. We were concerned when it was bought recently, but that has not been an issue at all.
I personally use it all the time and call it the most important piece of software that I use. It stores all my critical information and makes it easy to access. I can share the information I need to share and limit what the user can see. Our staff is very happy with it.
Read Paul Tedder's full review

ID-Management Access Control (38)
ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO) (19)
Multi-Factor Authentication (30)
Password Management (50)
9.5
Account Provisioning and De-provisioning (34)
ID Management Workflow Automation (18)
ID Risk Management (28)

What is LastPass for Business?

LastPass for Business is identity management software that covers password management, single sign-on, and multifactor authentication. LastPass business solutions aim to help teams & businesses take control of their identity management by providing unified visibility across every entry point to the user’s business. From cloud and mobile apps to legacy on-premise tools, the vendor says LastPass' purpose is to help businesses be more secure, maintain compliance, and increase productivity.

LastPass for Business Video

What is LastPass?

LastPass for Business Pricing

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Free$0.00
Premium$3.00per month (billed annually)
Teams$4.00Per User Per Month (billed annually)
Enterprise$6.00Per User Per Month (billed annually)
Identity$8.00Per User Per Month (billed annually)

LastPass for Business Technical Details