LastPass for Business Reviews

Sara Yaseen | TrustRadius Reviewer
At our nonprofit organization, we use LastPass for Business for almost everything. It is a better alternative than having to remember passwords or write them down on post-it notes, especially as most of our staff has transitioned to currently working from home at the moment. It solves most of our information technology and cybersecurity issues.
  • LastPass has a vault that saves and stores organizational wide credentials
  • It saves time from having to ask a coworker for their login information
  • It takes the stress out of worrying about internet security related threats
  • It doesn't allow people to copy and save passwords from shared folders into a personal vault
  • There should be a feature that allows more users to be admins with access to the console
  • LastPass should only save work-related passwords when logged into G suite
  • Too many folks use LP for Business for personal password protection
For many nonprofits, political campaigns, issue advocacy organizations and the like, LastPass for Business is well-suited for most company needs with 50+ employees. For smaller workplaces with less people, there's very little need since the cost can be a bit expensive and too much of a hassle to opt-in to, but well worth it if dealing with sensitive or confidential information.
I would give LastPass for Business a 10/10 because at the Hub we have at least five departments, including full-time and temporary staff as well as contractors and interns. This platform ensures that we are able to access the work-related systems necessary to complete our jobs, collaborative across teams, and accomplish our goals on time.
It was pretty good. Whenever I had questions or concerns over certain functions, issues, or capabilities I always received a prompt and friendly response that answered all of my inquiries. I appreciate this part of LastPass very much. It would help to create a FAQs guide or support page in the future in order to decrease the number of support tickets from customer such as myself.
Read Sara Yaseen's full review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass is the ultimate password manager, which allows us to share account sign-in details with others on our team without disclosing the username and password.
As the team has grown, the worry was always how do we share and allow access to the business-related account with new members and then restrict or revoke access to those that no longer work to leave ourselves vulnerable? LastPass makes those fears, concerns and anxiety all disappear. In essence, this tool has saved us time and provides peace of mind and confidence online with all our online accounts.
  • Share passwords: One of the key features for the business was being able to securely share our password or provide access into particular business accounts for our team members.
  • Autofill: Something I didn't personally feel I needed till you're online purchasing multiple times a week. This feature allows you to auto-fill those details with a click of a button and saves you time.
  • Generate Passwords: We are ultimately overwhelmed with the number of passwords we have, and it's made even worse when that 90-day comes, and you have to think of a new password that you have to remember. This feature allows you to create unique and strong passwords and generate ones when you're all out of new password suggestions.
  • Improvements to the Vault access via desktop: It always seems to take me through to the score centre, and then still the frustration sits when you can't get out of that screen. LastPass needs to provide simple and straight-forward pathways to access the Vault on the desktop when a user wants and needs the access.
  • A faster way to share access to accounts with others on the move: The mobile version of LastPass could be improved in making it easier and faster in sharing account details and access with others in your team.
  • Manually entering payment card details: I dislike having to manually enter card details via mobile. How great would it be for LastPass to have a camera feature that allows you to take a photo of your card and then it populates the information scanned. You could then edit anything that needs it but ultimately it saves you time.
I absolutely recommend and have recommended LastPass to friends, colleagues and small businesses that I have worked with as they start to scale and need easier ways to share security information. I think LastPass is also very useful for sole traders working on their own and are overwhelmed with having to remember so many passwords for their business.

One of the many reasons I recommended LastPass to the organisation I work for as a consultant is the scalability, especially over the last 12-months of COVID. Bring new people onboard a business. Knowing that you can ultimately provide access to particular accounts with the peace of mind knowing that high-security details do not have to be shared provide that ultimate peace of mind.

I have never had to reach out to LastPass customer service for any assistance with the accounts and many troubleshoot questions on Google which then takes me to LastPass. I find that there are so many articles, tips and advice that comes online with LastPass there is always someone else who has managed to solve it. Based on the support you can find readily available online, I give it a 10.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
Megan Murray | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize LastPass for Business across all of our business and for our personal needs as well. It is a great resource for us and helps us save time and money. We can authorize different people in our business and professional lives to have access to different programs we use. We can quickly give them access to things without giving them complete control. It has improved our efficiency as an organization and I can't tell you how many hours it has saved with trying to remember or figure out passwords etc. Game changer.
  • Helps create and save new passwords for any sort of login you can think of
  • Incredibly easy to share access without sharing passwords.
  • Incredibly easy to revoke access when someone doesn't need it anymore or if you don't want them to have it.
  • Saves time, I don't have to remember all passwords, just one, one to LastPass!
  • It would be really helpful to have a view function where I can see easily who has access to what. It feels a bit cumbersome to navigate this now. Would be nice if there was a folder view and you could see quickly and at a glance who has access to which folders.
  • Would be nice if the generate password function didn't take so many clicks within the system itself. It works nicely with the chrome extension though.
  • I wish there was a way to batch change passwords. I'm sure this is hard to do but it would be so nice.
11. It is perfect for sharing across teams and families. I can't recommend it higher. Save time, save money, save peace of mind. Really great for remote teams and for using contractors that might need short term access to your logins. You want to be sure whomever you use it with you trust however because they still could go into the admin side of your login of a specific site and change your password.
LastPass can easily scale with your needs. I only [wish] it was easier for users to review what folders who has access to them. As you scale you will want to make sure that you set is up in an organized fashion or it can feel unruly. It also allows others to manage what they need so saves you time managing.
I haven't had much experience with LastPass support. I am a big fan of the youtube videos of users and how to best implement and use LastPass. Would be nice if there was a support landing page with quick how to videos in multiple languages. But again I haven't had a lot of need for support.
Read Megan Murray's full review
March 12, 2021
Ali Kazempour | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our company and its departments, the main concern is to maintain the security of the organization and protect users in cyber and Internet environments. We use LastPass for Business to protect our team and password security. In addition to training and security standards in the organization to protect the privacy of personnel, such platforms can help employees to keep their passwords in a secure environment and intelligently announce change reminders when needed, and only allow passwords with secure protocols. The IT manager of the organization also oversees all departments and can control all departments and define the access level, time, IP, devices, and geographical location. Also, if a person leaves the organization, all his access will be easily cut off, and this is very important for safety. Saving time and full control over managing access usernames and passwords is now much easier, and also they are all stored on the cloud platform as encrypted algorithms.
  • Access to all sites and user accounts with just a smart unique username and password, which of course is controlled by LastPass for Business smart technology.
  • Superb Single Sign-On feature with huge list of pre-integrated apps.
  • An option must be added in the settings that automatically change whenever a password is changed and does not ask the user each time if he or she wants to update the changed password in the system.
  • The user log section should be much clearer and have more and more accurate options.
[LastPass for Business has] the ability to connect and manage personal and business accounts with each other with great features such as storing sensitive information of bank accounts and credit cards and the ability to search quickly. Each time you change the password of an application or website, it automatically detects and asks you if you want to update and save the new password automatically on the platform.
Accurate and comprehensive reporting for IT managers of the situations used, as well as the possibility of creating user groups and defining different access levels, and each user can have a separate folder for his work. Usability on all devices is easily possible, [with] great Single Sign One integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory and [a] huge list of pre-integrated apps.
The support team is responsive around the clock and can be contacted through a variety of methods and also use security and safety standards. Overall LastPass for Business support team is great.
Read Ali Kazempour's full review
Joshua Kandle | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass across the company and it helps streamline the storage and retrieval of the myriad of passwords that we all encounter on the web these days, making it easy to share across accounts and help individuals get access to the passwords they need to do their jobs quickly and easily.
  • LastPass does a good job of organizing passwords and making it easy to share some and not others.
  • I have a personal and a company LastPass and it's seamless to shift between them.
  • LastPass means you don't have to remember the 500 passwords you need to get work done, just ONE password.
  • The website autofill integration is great and makes logging in to sites a breeze.
  • Sometimes we have a lot of passwords for a certain website so it can be a pain to sort through all of them to find the correct one. It would be helpful if you could type the name of one in the autofill interface and then select it.
  • Not a LastPass issue, but it can be annoying when the mac password filler fights with the LastPass password filler and they both try to take over the fields you are trying to fill in.
It's well suited to anyone having to manage passwords, which is basically everyone these days.
LastPass has made it easy to get new employees the password access they need.
We haven't need a lot of support as the product has been fairly seamless for our password management purposes.
Read Joshua Kandle's full review
Rob Rotundo | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass for Business is a great tool overall. Currently, the IT department at my company uses it as we always had issues on where to store secure passwords. Eventually, it is something we may even offer to end-users so they stop writing passwords on sticky notes. This is the main issue that LastPass for Business addresses.
  • Allows users to not have to remember passwords.
  • Suggests strong passwords when setting up new accounts.
  • Good structure to manage different department passwords.
  • Pricing can improve.
  • Easier integration into the computer.
LastPass for Business is great for an organization where users have to share passwords, such as the IT department. But LastPass for Business is also a great tool for end-users. LastPass for Business makes it so that end users can stop writing passwords on sticky notes or using Excel sheets that can be easily compromised.
LastPass for Business is very flexible and scalable based on how many users we needed. You can setup different sections in the program and allow access to certain users, so that you have have multiple departments access LastPass as needed, and only give them access to what they are authorized to use.
Although I haven't used support much yet for LastPass for Business, the few times I have dealt with them, they have been supportive and informative. I'm not sure how much I'll need support from LastPass for Business, but I'm certain that when I do, they will come through. Their documentation is great also.
Read Rob Rotundo's full review
Jackson Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our business we manage tons of accounts on multiple ecommerce platforms from Amazon to Walmart. Since each of these accounts has a unique login LastPass for Business is a must for us. It allows you to have a master login that gives you access to all of the passwords that you choose to save within the software vault. It makes it super easy to sign in to accounts quickly without having to look up the login information for that specific client. You simply click on the icon automatically generated once you have installed the LastPass for Business extension and it will auto-populate the needed login information. The best thing about this is that if you switch computers you don't lose all of the saved passwords you can just redownload the Last Pass extension and sign in with your master password and you'll have all of the needed passwords you have saved in the past right in your vault and ready to use.
  • Saves time not having to lookup passwords for multiple accounts
  • Stores your passwords in a secure place that can be accessed on multiple devices
  • Allows you to share passwords to other members on your team quickly and safely
  • I do wish at times that it had a QR code feature where you could store QR authentication passcodes in the vault for future use.
  • I wish that you could transfer information to new employees really quickly and that person didn't have to use the passcode once before it autopopulated in the field
  • The search tool on the extension is sometimes a bit of a hassle and makes you type out a lot before it finds what you are looking for but at least it has one there are a lot of softwares that force you to scroll through all of the information
For people who are signing in and out of a lot of accounts on a ton of different platforms, LastPass for Business is awesome. If you only manage a couple of accounts and there isn't a lot of signing in and out then you could probably just use the password save option on your browser.
It has been great. You can upgrade to versions that allow for more team members and then you can share all of the needed login information to that member seemlessly and safely.
I haven't had to call them for support in the two years that I have used the software personally. That is the best kind of support in my book, when the software works effectively without any hiccups.
Read Jackson Gordon's full review
April 07, 2021
Robert Ross | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have two departments leveraging the platform to share access to resources in use by those departments. We have also put the platform to use to harden the passwords currently in use and allow for the simplification of adding new team members and removing those that department from the company. We have also enabled stronger multifactor access to those passwords and created a central place to manage all of those passwords for our corporate technology team. It addresses weak and repetitively used passwords
  • HardenPasswords
  • Centralized Management of users
  • Complex Multifactor
  • Great Customer Support
  • end user education needs work
  • understand admin access roles
  • moving users between groups
Any business that does not have an identity management platform can help with password and account management for SAAS applications. I don't think it can scale for large enterprise, but I never looked into or asked about that
Our usage does provide the password management we needed and allows users to have access to shared resources. We are delighted thus far
Question are answered quickly and effectively they are quick to hope on the phone.
Read Robert Ross's full review
Diane Eby | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass for our administrative team, our purchasing team and our design team. LastPass solves several business problems including security of passwords, sound password practices, allows us to keep passwords privately held by administrators while giving access to staff who need it, and the ability to easily update passwords regularly for protection. We also save our purchasing and bank information for ready access to those who need it, thus preventing these from being written down and kept in unsafe places. Having control over requiring staff to change their master password is a plus as staff are forced to follow good practices for safeguarding company information.
  • Very user friendly for staff to locate the vendor needed, access the website and auto sign in. Plus they never have to be the one to worry about changing or securing those passwords. The administrators and LastPass do it!!!
  • All passwords and other secure information are kept in one place. We always know where to find it!
  • The help center is fantastic. As an administrator, I can find everything I need to set up the account, train staff and ask questions.
  • Continuing the enhancement you have going. Policies were particularly unwieldy to set up in the beginning. I had to search help a lot to understand which policies I needed to set.
  • Batch set up is a must. One by one addition of staff to a group took time to accomplish. Anything that can be batched is much preferred.
  • There was some issue with saving the encrypted passwords. I had to reset several accounts because the password saved was not the password saved on the site. Admittedly this could be user error, but I'm not usually technologically challenged. The pop up to save the password needs to be timed better so that you can only save at the end of your password change on a site.
If you have a lot of passwords like we did (over 200!), you NEED and WANT LastPass. This has made going to these sites efficient, easy (no more trying to find the password and having to copy and past after you also find the website) and most importantly SAFE. I no longer worried about passwords being in the wrong hands or worse, losing them!
To date, I have not found a less appropriate scenario! I use it for my personal passwords as well. No more same 3 passwords for everything I do online!
LastPass rates a 10 because I can use it across all departments in my company. We are in our first year of use, so I wouldn't say there has been any evolving yet, other than we use it every single day! It has improved our online vendor use exponentially. We added more users!
It has met every expectation we had. It does everything we wanted/needed it to do. It is cost effective and easy to add users when needed. They have impressive support and training (webinars and if you can't attend, you get the recording if you registered so you can listen when convenient)! With software purchases there always seem to be growing pains. The only growing pains we had were because of COVID-19 lockdown and I was still able to set up the program and learn from my home office!!! Implementation didn't go as easily as it should have simply because I was doing it through Zoom calls and at a distance. Not being readily available to co-workers as they were onboarding was the hitch.
I login to LastPass when I turn on my computer in the morning and I use it throughout the day. I cannot express how much easier, quicker, smoother (running out of adjectives) this is than our old Excel spreadsheet. I don't bookmark pages anymore, I put them in last pass as all I have to do is search for the site name, press launch and because I have auto signin for most of the sites, I'm in and doing my business in seconds. Truly a blessing!
Read Diane Eby's full review
November 30, 2020
Nancy Shore | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across our small organization. It saves us from circulating a document or sticky notes with passwords and PINs. When we hire contract employees/teams, we don't have to risk our security just to let them log into a social or support account.
  • It's like Dropbox but more targeted and secure.
  • Can share links without exposing actual passwords.
  • Easy for everyone to access.
  • I would like an option to not be prompted to remember log in for some sites.
We have a small organization, but we're all working remotely. It's not as easy now to run next door to my coworker and have them log me into a site, so we use LastPass to share passwords to common sites (like SurveyMonkey or ShipStation) where we have one login account.
We were using individual LP accounts prior to downsizing our organization. The LP Enterprise has allowed us to more easily access commonly-used accounts across our team, and to grant access to our contract workers without exposing our actual credentials. We can change their access without having to change all our passwords everywhere.
It's been relatively easy to use. There have been a couple of hiccups during the handoff between admins because of how our individual LP accounts had been set up, but now it's seamless.
Sometimes the Chrome plug-in is quirky. I'd appreciate a feature where I could tell LP to "forget" some websites and not continue to be prompted to remember the log in there, like banking and some e-commerce sites. But it's helpful to have a central one-click log-in for the multiple sites I now have to access as one of the remaining admins at our org.
Read Nancy Shore's full review
Derek Asher | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently have LastPass for Business rolled out to our entire organization. LastPass for Business presents an opportunity to streamline logins, password management (no more sticky notes!), and enhance user security. One of our favorite uses is the linked accounts feature. Rather than having to
log out and in to a personal account or constantly check a personal
device, users can link their personal LastPass for Business account (or create one)
and securely access their personal vault without needing to worry about
IT or anyone gaining access to their personal passwords, notes, and
credit cards. We even have the ability to force this feature to help users keep their personal data separate from their enterprise data. Another great use is that it help users verify legitimate websites; if the URL doesn't match, then their saved password will not be shown, prompting the user to take a closer look at what website is asking them to log in. It definitely reduces some of our security stresses.

• The linked accounts feature
  • Easy reporting and dashboard features built in to the admin console
  • Plethora of pre-built policies that make management easy
  • ADFS login makes user management a lot easier
  • Occasional check-ins from our LastPass for Business CSM
  • No admin policy to block certain sites from saving passwords (Useful to prevent saving AD passwords)
  • A bit difficult to configure users who previously used their work email to sign up for LastPass for Business; it sometimes requires deletion of their old accounts
  • There is a bit of redundancy, but not so much the fault of LastPass for Business as it is varying URLs for login/authentication pages; it would be nice to see a little more intuition behind the software on when information should not be prompted to be saved (such as MFA codes, verification codes, root of the URL matching an existing URL for a saved credential)
LastPass for Business is great for any IT department concerned about securely storing and sharing passwords as needed. If you have concerns regarding end-users putting passwords on sticky notes, this saves you many major headaches.
Our company decided to enable ADFS sign-in. This has made adding in small batches and larger groups much easier than a traditional method, such as setting up CSVs with user information and uploading that. We only have to add a user or security or distribution group into a designated AD security group to set up their LastPass for Business account.
The customer support is quick and responsive. I'm glad that LastPass for Business provided an option for call-in support, as sometimes my schedule gets overwhelmed and I miss email replies. I'm able to get an issue resolved quickly and effectively. Our dedicated customer success manager also checks in with us to see how everything is going and is able to keep an eye on our general usage to make suggestions or offer additional assistance.
The browser extension is supported on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, and Edge. It also has a mobile app available, which makes on-the-fly password generation and auto-fill easy. LastPass for Business is basically available everywhere you go, even if you don't have an internet connection. One of the few downsides is that it can't always discern when something other than a password is being entered (i.e. one-time codes, phone numbers, etc.) and asks to save that. If someone isn't paying attention, they could update their password incorrectly, which would make subsequent site logins a bit of a hassle (though it's easy to recover the password, as LastPass for Business does version history for each entry!)
Read Derek Asher's full review
November 15, 2020
Lisa Cooks | TrustRadius Reviewer
The organization uses Lastpass to manage all of the passwords throughout the company. There are many platforms that are used by various employees. LastPass enables us to grant access to the various platforms without sharing the login information, which provided an extra layer of security.
  • Manage passwords
  • Interested logins throughout the company
  • Pass retrieval
  • Better problem solving when an administrator leaves the company.
In the Finance department, the bank login information needs to be shared with different associates. LastPass allows me to give them access to the accounts without sharing the password so that in the event that they leave the organization, I can deny access without having to change all the passwords.
Customer service needs to improve. It's hard to get a callback. Also, there are issues that need to be addressed primarily to gain access if the administrator on the account leaves the company.
Some of the features are not Intuitive.

Read Lisa Cooks's full review
November 13, 2020
Amy Pyles | TrustRadius Reviewer
We leverage LastPass for our digital & creative teams to store and share passwords for software, tools, and platforms that we manage or utilize for our clients. It allows us to keep our client information safe and easily ensure everyone has access to the right passwords they need to complete their work.
  • Chrome plugin makes adoption and use easy.
  • Foldering of passwords allows us to administrate the access to systems well.
  • Mobile access
  • When multiple passwords/user names are saved for a single site, the Chrome plugin can be buggy to select which user you are logging in for.
  • Price point can be cumbersome to scale of platform to entire organization.
LastPass is a great solution for teams who need to share logins but want to do it safely. Its price point can be a barrier for larger-scale teams but we have found it affordable and effective for a 10-15 person team.
Pricing is the biggest barrier to scalability.
I have not directly engaged with support but have heard positive things from my IT Director.
It's great for digital-first employees. It can be a bit cumbersome for less savvy users.
Read Amy Pyles's full review
November 05, 2020
Paul Tedder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lastpass is being used across our organization on an "opt-in" basis. If users want an account we provide it for them. Some are strongly encouraged to have an account
  • Manages website logins
  • Integrate work accounts with personal accounts
  • Sharing of passwords
  • Searching
  • Some websites are not fully compatible which limits ease of use.
  • Deeper encryption would be nicer but not a deal breaker for us.
For people managing a lot of website logins (which is about everybody)! For departments where multiple people need access to a specific site. For managing important data that may or may not be web-related.
While we have not used it, it seems to have the feature set to make scalability a real option.
Surprisingly, it seems to have gotten better since it was bought out. We were concerned when it was bought recently, but that has not been an issue at all.
I personally use it all the time and call it the most important piece of software that I use. It stores all my critical information and makes it easy to access. I can share the information I need to share and limit what the user can see. Our staff is very happy with it.
Read Paul Tedder's full review
November 16, 2020
Angela Streibeck | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using it across multiple departments in our company. Mostly it helps with the privacy of passwords and the problem we had of keeping shared passwords updated with all of the people that needed access to the platforms.
  • Passwords stay current and safe.
  • Easily sharable while maintaining privacy.
  • Access to see people's activity within the platforms based on use of the passwords.
  • The new user setup
  • Live support
LastPass for Business is well suited because it really makes the communication from sharing a password go from multiple attempts and emails back and forth to a simple email and click. It is less appropriate for a really large group due to cost.
We have not seen an increase in difficulty of use. As we add teams, members, users, and passwords, it seems to be able to keep up pretty well.
I would like better support, live chat would be very nice.
Honestly, over all, it's been a great new tool.
Read Angela Streibeck's full review
February 12, 2021
Whole organization uses LastPass for Business. We have various court websites that require a large array of user accounts and passwords. LastPass for Business makes that whole process much easier to manage. Also all of the usual uses for accounting sites, IT sites, etc.
  • Federation.
  • Organization.
  • Security/policy-based control.
  • Could do better with group syncing.
  • Various portals need more integration/single pane, but I think that is in the works.
  • There are some glitches in various browsers and how popups occur, generating passwords, etc.
It's really the best of breed for enterprise password management. We can't use it as an IdP because we had already started pretty heavily with Azure AD, but it's also one of the best IdP providers. The MFA is excellent and I think the most intelligent and secure. It might be overkill for some small businesses.
Excellent enterprise product with lots of department/ group/ enterprise features. As we have had more adoption, we have been able to scale our needs easily within LastPass. And we may migrate to LastPass as our main IdP at some point in the future.
Had a complex Federation deployment and LastPass support was excellent. Walked though the whole process.
April 08, 2021
LastPass for Business is being used across the whole organization. This helps unify/centralize password management for all of our users. With users having more and more complex passwords, LastPass for Business is a simple way to organize and manage passwords.
  • Cross platform/browser compatibility
  • Provides password management on mobile devices
  • Easy to use and manage passwords with one master password
  • It doesn't work on all websites. It's probably the way the form/fields were created on the webpage so sometimes you have to manually right click > fill the username/password fields
Ability to combine personal/business website passwords into one central location. Very simple to use on mobile especially with FaceID enabled.
Easy to maintain and login.
Have not had to reach out to support for any issues, which is a good sign of great software. I would imagine that their support would be similar in quality to LastPass itself.
November 17, 2020
We use LastPass to manage secrets and passwords for our whole organization. It solves the problem of needing to share credentials in a secure way while also providing a way to organize and easily access those credentials. LastPass is focused on the security and we hope to expand into use their MFA & SSO options in the near future.
  • Secure design.
  • Easy to use by non-technical staff.
  • Adaptable to different user needs.
  • Granular administrative control.
  • SSO and how to use LastPass as a SAML IdP is confusing.
  • MFA is free for Enterprise, but then it's not. Costs for MFA after free period are unclear.
LastPass is the most professional solution I am aware of for credential management that remains easy enough for everyone in an organization to use without significant training. It doesn't matter how good a product is if your users don't use it and use it correctly, your credentials are only as safe as your least experienced / security aware user who has access to them!
LastPass Enterprise currently scales beyond our current and projected futures needs in this space. It can be integrated with Active Directory and other IdPs, and can serve as an IdP itself. The management tools offer tons of granularity and we haven't yet found a missing feature. It has support for groups and shared folders of credentials ensuring you can give everyone exactly what they need and nothing more -- which is crucial from a security perspective.
Once you are paying for LastPass, the customer service is top notch. They do make their support number difficult to locate, instead suggesting self help knowledge base articles, but it is possible to find. I haven't yet had a problem they were unable to solve quickly and professionally. Good products don't need much in the way of support.
The technology underneath LastPass and the easy means of using it are its distinct advantage of competitors. Each user's master password is also their decryption key, means that LastPass themselves don't actually have access to the encrypted credentials they store for you, which still offering an easy to use website that works like most others do with a simple username / password combination. Combine that with the excellent LastPass mobile app and the LastPass authenticator for 2FA / MFA, and it's a very good value.
November 17, 2020
We are using it to manage and secure passwords for our technology department.
  • Ease of use.
  • Ease of management.
  • Ability to share passwords internally and externally securely.
  • Somewhat clunky to reset master passwords from the admin console.
This day and age, some sort of password manager should be used in any environment. LastPass makes it easy to add and remove users and share passwords between accounts. It is fantastic for anything in your browser and is less useful for other stand alone applications that require passwords. It is still better than reusing or remembering many passwords regardless of the situation though.
It is very easy to add new users and to retire old accounts. Users can link personal accounts to their business account, and it still allows us to take over the business account if they leave the company without compromising their personal data.
I've only needed to call support once so far to resolve an issues with a broken sharing key, but they were fast and professional with their assistance.
It is extremely simple for end users. On the management side it is a little frustrating because it doesn't explain the way encryption keys are created for users, which complicates resetting master passwords from the admin console or being able to take over an account. Basically users need to create their account and MUST sign into the LastPass browser extension, which is where the magic happens to sync the users keys with the admin console so that it can exert control if it needs to. If they never use the extension the admins can't help users with issues.
December 19, 2020
Our whole organization uses it. I don't have to call 50 people a day and remind them of their passwords.
  • Use across all browsers
  • Use in mobile
  • Automatically offers to remember and or update passwords.
  • Editing passwords and deleting passwords. It is difficult to delete many at once. You have to search and then when you delete, you have to search again.
  • It would be nice to search by passwords when they are found on the dark web so I can find the leak and change passwords.
  • Sometimes it doesn't offer to remember passwords on creation. I have to log out and then back in for it to ask to save the password.
All scenarios are appropriate to use LP.
We use it in all 5 branches. Can scale infinitely.
November 17, 2020
Lastpass is great. We used to have to share passwords with subcontractors and then go back to change/reset the passwords and then update relevant team members. It was a pain in the butt! Now it's super easy to create and manage shared folders. Our employees use it for everything business related and almost everything personal related.
  • Autofill/browser extension make logging in easy.
  • Sharing passwords with non-company people is so much safer and more convenient.
  • Sometimes it won't autofill when I'm on my phone.
LastPass is great when working with subcontractors or even virtual assistants. Sometimes it's not so great for mobile device apps.
It has been very easy to contact support when we've needed it.
Once you get the hang of it, it's quite simple.
November 10, 2020
We have been using LastPass to give access to different websites to our employees.
  • Excellent for providing access
  • Multiple users can be incorporated
  • Occasionally, it fails to protect the very thing it's supposed to protect i.e. PASSWORD
It comes in handy when a company has a lot of freelancers working from around the globe.
We have been using LastPass premium plan for a little while now and the whole point of us taking that subscription is because we have believed it would allow us to send access to different websites to different people without having to reveal the passwords to those people. Thus, helping with our security. Well for the last two days, almost three, it has been apparent that LastPass is revealing passwords to users even when we have specifically chosen not to allow those users to see the password. When the user goes to enter those details, launching the website through the LastPass Vault, it takes them to the website and they can click on a little eye and it will reveal the password that is underlined which is TERRIBLE. Clearly, the entire opposite of what we are trying to achieve by having paid for a version of LastPass to keep passwords secure. I do not understand what is going on with LastPass. I emailed them, they responded once. I emailed again, NOTHING. I am appalled at this major security breach. There are people out there now who have access to all of our passwords. It has taken us a considerable amount of time to go and try to rectify and change passwords but there's no point because now they can see the new passwords. MAJOR SECURITY BREACH. Absolutely DISGUSTED with LastPass and lack of response.
Users to have to sign out constantly when giving then access to new accounts.
August 12, 2020
We use LastPass as a requirement for all of our employees. The ability to generate secure passwords with easy retrieval helps prevent our users from using the same password in multiple locations. Our production experience with LastPass is then presented to our clients as recommended for use in their environments.
  • Ease of use
  • Great pricing
  • Works on multiple platforms
  • Can be difficult to use for new users.
As a managed services provider, we find LastPass to be well-suited in every environment. The risks and vulnerabilities are increasing on a daily basis, so we find it necessary for businesses of any size to apply best practices for passwords. A small business with a single user will still have multiple passwords and accounts, so LastPass is still an affordable and effective solution.
LastPass is continually adding solutions to the stack. Most of our clients begin small with just the password management, but can easily grow into additional layers of security with MFA, SSO, and many more. The ability to scale our users' stack without the requirement to learn a new product is incredibly useful and prevents push-back.
July 16, 2020
LastPass is our enterprise password manager. It is provided to all employees to use for managing their work-related accounts. It enables users to eliminate password reuse & weak passwords and makes accessing websites/accounts throughout the day much more convenient. This is especially helpful for users that access many websites/dashboards throughout their workday.
  • Ease of use for the end user
  • Customization/tuning ability (end user and enterprise levels)
  • Hassle-free credential management & login automation
  • Doesn't always work perfectly with websites. (LastPass can't really control this.)
LastPass for Business works great for the needs of typical users (and most needs of advanced users/IT admins etc.) For everyday password/credential management and logging into websites, LastPass makes it a breeze. You can also add in form filler info for name, address, phone number, etc. that you commonly have to fill in on websites. Corporate/shared credit cards can be stored as well. LastPass doesn't have some of the very advanced features for Privileged Access Management that you would find in a PAM tool.
No issues with scalability. You just get the appropriate licensing. Everything works the same whether you have 2 employees or 500.
June 15, 2020
We use LastPass across our organization. All employees are invited and required to set up an account. We use Shared Folders regularly so that everyone has access to specific login information necessary to run our business. Before using LastPass, we had an Excel spreadsheet. The only security the spreadsheet had was a generic name and that it was saved in a random location on our server.
  • Shared Folders are so great for our business. There are some applications we use that although we each have our own login info, sometimes, someone needs to log in as someone else. This saves the hassle of tracking down the user and getting the login info.
  • The ability to fill in user info such as names, addresses, and payment information is a huge time saver. No longer does a user have to pull out a credit card, or ask someone for a credit card number. Rather than taking the time to fill out addresses, emails, etc., the user can choose another item, and it's filled immediately.
  • Turning on master password security for client login info or payment info lends an extra, extra level of security. Even if someone forgets to log out of LastPass, an unauthorized user would not be able to delve into sensitive information.
  • LastPass for Applications is a great tool because rather than opening a browser, copying the username and password, and then pasting that info in an application, a user can just login from the desktop. It also lets the user turn on the feature that anytime the computer goes to sleep, LastPass is automatically logged out.
  • LastPass for Applications could use some improvement. When I set up a new application, I have to use the Training feature to get it to work.
  • I haven't fully figured out how to make policies for my users so that they have to use specific functions of LastPass.
I think LastPass for Business is appropriate for anyone with a business who has login information. It doesn't matter if it's a one-man shop, or a huge organization. It's a great way to add security to accounts and to make sure everyone is on the same page.

I can't really think of any scenarios where LastPass for Business is not appropriate.
When we first started using LastPass Enterprise, LastPass for Applications didn't exist, and SSO and MFA weren't options. We still don't use SSO, and MFA is currently optional for our users, but since most of our applications are desktop rather than cloud-based, the LastPass for Applications improvement was a huge win for us.

ID-Management Access Control (32)
ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO) (17)
Multi-Factor Authentication (25)
Password Management (43)
9.5
Account Provisioning and De-provisioning (30)
ID Management Workflow Automation (15)
ID Risk Management (24)

What is LastPass for Business?

LastPass for Business is identity management software that covers password management, single sign-on, and multifactor authentication. LastPass business solutions aim to help teams & businesses take control of their identity management by providing unified visibility across every entry point to the user’s business. From cloud and mobile apps to legacy on-premise tools, the vendor says LastPass' purpose is to help businesses be more secure, maintain compliance, and increase productivity.

LastPass for Business Video

What is LastPass?

LastPass for Business Pricing

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Free$0.00
Premium$3.00per month (billed annually)
Teams$4.00Per User Per Month (billed annually)
Enterprise$6.00Per User Per Month (billed annually)
Identity$8.00Per User Per Month (billed annually)

LastPass for Business Technical Details