LastPass for Business Reviews

Diane Eby | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass for our administrative team, our purchasing team and our design team. LastPass solves several business problems including security of passwords, sound password practices, allows us to keep passwords privately held by administrators while giving access to staff who need it, and the ability to easily update passwords regularly for protection. We also save our purchasing and bank information for ready access to those who need it, thus preventing these from being written down and kept in unsafe places. Having control over requiring staff to change their master password is a plus as staff are forced to follow good practices for safeguarding company information.
  • Very user friendly for staff to locate the vendor needed, access the website and auto sign in. Plus they never have to be the one to worry about changing or securing those passwords. The administrators and LastPass do it!!!
  • All passwords and other secure information are kept in one place. We always know where to find it!
  • The help center is fantastic. As an administrator, I can find everything I need to set up the account, train staff and ask questions.
  • Continuing the enhancement you have going. Policies were particularly unwieldy to set up in the beginning. I had to search help a lot to understand which policies I needed to set.
  • Batch set up is a must. One by one addition of staff to a group took time to accomplish. Anything that can be batched is much preferred.
  • There was some issue with saving the encrypted passwords. I had to reset several accounts because the password saved was not the password saved on the site. Admittedly this could be user error, but I'm not usually technologically challenged. The pop up to save the password needs to be timed better so that you can only save at the end of your password change on a site.
If you have a lot of passwords like we did (over 200!), you NEED and WANT LastPass. This has made going to these sites efficient, easy (no more trying to find the password and having to copy and past after you also find the website) and most importantly SAFE. I no longer worried about passwords being in the wrong hands or worse, losing them!
To date, I have not found a less appropriate scenario! I use it for my personal passwords as well. No more same 3 passwords for everything I do online!
LastPass rates a 10 because I can use it across all departments in my company. We are in our first year of use, so I wouldn't say there has been any evolving yet, other than we use it every single day! It has improved our online vendor use exponentially. We added more users!
It has met every expectation we had. It does everything we wanted/needed it to do. It is cost effective and easy to add users when needed. They have impressive support and training (webinars and if you can't attend, you get the recording if you registered so you can listen when convenient)! With software purchases there always seem to be growing pains. The only growing pains we had were because of COVID-19 lockdown and I was still able to set up the program and learn from my home office!!! Implementation didn't go as easily as it should have simply because I was doing it through Zoom calls and at a distance. Not being readily available to co-workers as they were onboarding was the hitch.
I login to LastPass when I turn on my computer in the morning and I use it throughout the day. I cannot express how much easier, quicker, smoother (running out of adjectives) this is than our old Excel spreadsheet. I don't bookmark pages anymore, I put them in last pass as all I have to do is search for the site name, press launch and because I have auto signin for most of the sites, I'm in and doing my business in seconds. Truly a blessing!
Read Diane Eby's full review
November 30, 2020
Nancy Shore | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across our small organization. It saves us from circulating a document or sticky notes with passwords and PINs. When we hire contract employees/teams, we don't have to risk our security just to let them log into a social or support account.
  • It's like Dropbox but more targeted and secure.
  • Can share links without exposing actual passwords.
  • Easy for everyone to access.
  • I would like an option to not be prompted to remember log in for some sites.
We have a small organization, but we're all working remotely. It's not as easy now to run next door to my coworker and have them log me into a site, so we use LastPass to share passwords to common sites (like SurveyMonkey or ShipStation) where we have one login account.
We were using individual LP accounts prior to downsizing our organization. The LP Enterprise has allowed us to more easily access commonly-used accounts across our team, and to grant access to our contract workers without exposing our actual credentials. We can change their access without having to change all our passwords everywhere.
It's been relatively easy to use. There have been a couple of hiccups during the handoff between admins because of how our individual LP accounts had been set up, but now it's seamless.
Sometimes the Chrome plug-in is quirky. I'd appreciate a feature where I could tell LP to "forget" some websites and not continue to be prompted to remember the log in there, like banking and some e-commerce sites. But it's helpful to have a central one-click log-in for the multiple sites I now have to access as one of the remaining admins at our org.
Read Nancy Shore's full review
Derek Asher | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently have LastPass for Business rolled out to our entire organization. LastPass for Business presents an opportunity to streamline logins, password management (no more sticky notes!), and enhance user security. One of our favorite uses is the linked accounts feature. Rather than having to
log out and in to a personal account or constantly check a personal
device, users can link their personal LastPass for Business account (or create one)
and securely access their personal vault without needing to worry about
IT or anyone gaining access to their personal passwords, notes, and
credit cards. We even have the ability to force this feature to help users keep their personal data separate from their enterprise data. Another great use is that it help users verify legitimate websites; if the URL doesn't match, then their saved password will not be shown, prompting the user to take a closer look at what website is asking them to log in. It definitely reduces some of our security stresses.

• The linked accounts feature
  • Easy reporting and dashboard features built in to the admin console
  • Plethora of pre-built policies that make management easy
  • ADFS login makes user management a lot easier
  • Occasional check-ins from our LastPass for Business CSM
  • No admin policy to block certain sites from saving passwords (Useful to prevent saving AD passwords)
  • A bit difficult to configure users who previously used their work email to sign up for LastPass for Business; it sometimes requires deletion of their old accounts
  • There is a bit of redundancy, but not so much the fault of LastPass for Business as it is varying URLs for login/authentication pages; it would be nice to see a little more intuition behind the software on when information should not be prompted to be saved (such as MFA codes, verification codes, root of the URL matching an existing URL for a saved credential)
LastPass for Business is great for any IT department concerned about securely storing and sharing passwords as needed. If you have concerns regarding end-users putting passwords on sticky notes, this saves you many major headaches.
Our company decided to enable ADFS sign-in. This has made adding in small batches and larger groups much easier than a traditional method, such as setting up CSVs with user information and uploading that. We only have to add a user or security or distribution group into a designated AD security group to set up their LastPass for Business account.
The customer support is quick and responsive. I'm glad that LastPass for Business provided an option for call-in support, as sometimes my schedule gets overwhelmed and I miss email replies. I'm able to get an issue resolved quickly and effectively. Our dedicated customer success manager also checks in with us to see how everything is going and is able to keep an eye on our general usage to make suggestions or offer additional assistance.
The browser extension is supported on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, and Edge. It also has a mobile app available, which makes on-the-fly password generation and auto-fill easy. LastPass for Business is basically available everywhere you go, even if you don't have an internet connection. One of the few downsides is that it can't always discern when something other than a password is being entered (i.e. one-time codes, phone numbers, etc.) and asks to save that. If someone isn't paying attention, they could update their password incorrectly, which would make subsequent site logins a bit of a hassle (though it's easy to recover the password, as LastPass for Business does version history for each entry!)
Read Derek Asher's full review
November 15, 2020
Lisa Cooks | TrustRadius Reviewer
The organization uses Lastpass to manage all of the passwords throughout the company. There are many platforms that are used by various employees. LastPass enables us to grant access to the various platforms without sharing the login information, which provided an extra layer of security.
  • Manage passwords
  • Interested logins throughout the company
  • Pass retrieval
  • Better problem solving when an administrator leaves the company.
In the Finance department, the bank login information needs to be shared with different associates. LastPass allows me to give them access to the accounts without sharing the password so that in the event that they leave the organization, I can deny access without having to change all the passwords.
Customer service needs to improve. It's hard to get a callback. Also, there are issues that need to be addressed primarily to gain access if the administrator on the account leaves the company.
Some of the features are not Intuitive.

Read Lisa Cooks's full review
November 13, 2020
Amy Pyles | TrustRadius Reviewer
We leverage LastPass for our digital & creative teams to store and share passwords for software, tools, and platforms that we manage or utilize for our clients. It allows us to keep our client information safe and easily ensure everyone has access to the right passwords they need to complete their work.
  • Chrome plugin makes adoption and use easy.
  • Foldering of passwords allows us to administrate the access to systems well.
  • Mobile access
  • When multiple passwords/user names are saved for a single site, the Chrome plugin can be buggy to select which user you are logging in for.
  • Price point can be cumbersome to scale of platform to entire organization.
LastPass is a great solution for teams who need to share logins but want to do it safely. Its price point can be a barrier for larger-scale teams but we have found it affordable and effective for a 10-15 person team.
Pricing is the biggest barrier to scalability.
I have not directly engaged with support but have heard positive things from my IT Director.
It's great for digital-first employees. It can be a bit cumbersome for less savvy users.
Read Amy Pyles's full review
November 05, 2020
Paul Tedder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lastpass is being used across our organization on an "opt-in" basis. If users want an account we provide it for them. Some are strongly encouraged to have an account
  • Manages website logins
  • Integrate work accounts with personal accounts
  • Sharing of passwords
  • Searching
  • Some websites are not fully compatible which limits ease of use.
  • Deeper encryption would be nicer but not a deal breaker for us.
For people managing a lot of website logins (which is about everybody)! For departments where multiple people need access to a specific site. For managing important data that may or may not be web-related.
While we have not used it, it seems to have the feature set to make scalability a real option.
Surprisingly, it seems to have gotten better since it was bought out. We were concerned when it was bought recently, but that has not been an issue at all.
I personally use it all the time and call it the most important piece of software that I use. It stores all my critical information and makes it easy to access. I can share the information I need to share and limit what the user can see. Our staff is very happy with it.
Read Paul Tedder's full review
November 16, 2020
Angela Streibeck | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using it across multiple departments in our company. Mostly it helps with the privacy of passwords and the problem we had of keeping shared passwords updated with all of the people that needed access to the platforms.
  • Passwords stay current and safe.
  • Easily sharable while maintaining privacy.
  • Access to see people's activity within the platforms based on use of the passwords.
  • The new user setup
  • Live support
LastPass for Business is well suited because it really makes the communication from sharing a password go from multiple attempts and emails back and forth to a simple email and click. It is less appropriate for a really large group due to cost.
We have not seen an increase in difficulty of use. As we add teams, members, users, and passwords, it seems to be able to keep up pretty well.
I would like better support, live chat would be very nice.
Honestly, over all, it's been a great new tool.
Read Angela Streibeck's full review
November 17, 2020
We use LastPass to manage secrets and passwords for our whole organization. It solves the problem of needing to share credentials in a secure way while also providing a way to organize and easily access those credentials. LastPass is focused on the security and we hope to expand into use their MFA & SSO options in the near future.
  • Secure design.
  • Easy to use by non-technical staff.
  • Adaptable to different user needs.
  • Granular administrative control.
  • SSO and how to use LastPass as a SAML IdP is confusing.
  • MFA is free for Enterprise, but then it's not. Costs for MFA after free period are unclear.
LastPass is the most professional solution I am aware of for credential management that remains easy enough for everyone in an organization to use without significant training. It doesn't matter how good a product is if your users don't use it and use it correctly, your credentials are only as safe as your least experienced / security aware user who has access to them!
LastPass Enterprise currently scales beyond our current and projected futures needs in this space. It can be integrated with Active Directory and other IdPs, and can serve as an IdP itself. The management tools offer tons of granularity and we haven't yet found a missing feature. It has support for groups and shared folders of credentials ensuring you can give everyone exactly what they need and nothing more -- which is crucial from a security perspective.
Once you are paying for LastPass, the customer service is top notch. They do make their support number difficult to locate, instead suggesting self help knowledge base articles, but it is possible to find. I haven't yet had a problem they were unable to solve quickly and professionally. Good products don't need much in the way of support.
The technology underneath LastPass and the easy means of using it are its distinct advantage of competitors. Each user's master password is also their decryption key, means that LastPass themselves don't actually have access to the encrypted credentials they store for you, which still offering an easy to use website that works like most others do with a simple username / password combination. Combine that with the excellent LastPass mobile app and the LastPass authenticator for 2FA / MFA, and it's a very good value.
November 17, 2020
We are using it to manage and secure passwords for our technology department.
  • Ease of use.
  • Ease of management.
  • Ability to share passwords internally and externally securely.
  • Somewhat clunky to reset master passwords from the admin console.
This day and age, some sort of password manager should be used in any environment. LastPass makes it easy to add and remove users and share passwords between accounts. It is fantastic for anything in your browser and is less useful for other stand alone applications that require passwords. It is still better than reusing or remembering many passwords regardless of the situation though.
It is very easy to add new users and to retire old accounts. Users can link personal accounts to their business account, and it still allows us to take over the business account if they leave the company without compromising their personal data.
I've only needed to call support once so far to resolve an issues with a broken sharing key, but they were fast and professional with their assistance.
It is extremely simple for end users. On the management side it is a little frustrating because it doesn't explain the way encryption keys are created for users, which complicates resetting master passwords from the admin console or being able to take over an account. Basically users need to create their account and MUST sign into the LastPass browser extension, which is where the magic happens to sync the users keys with the admin console so that it can exert control if it needs to. If they never use the extension the admins can't help users with issues.
December 19, 2020
Our whole organization uses it. I don't have to call 50 people a day and remind them of their passwords.
  • Use across all browsers
  • Use in mobile
  • Automatically offers to remember and or update passwords.
  • Editing passwords and deleting passwords. It is difficult to delete many at once. You have to search and then when you delete, you have to search again.
  • It would be nice to search by passwords when they are found on the dark web so I can find the leak and change passwords.
  • Sometimes it doesn't offer to remember passwords on creation. I have to log out and then back in for it to ask to save the password.
All scenarios are appropriate to use LP.
We use it in all 5 branches. Can scale infinitely.
August 12, 2020
We use LastPass as a requirement for all of our employees. The ability to generate secure passwords with easy retrieval helps prevent our users from using the same password in multiple locations. Our production experience with LastPass is then presented to our clients as recommended for use in their environments.
  • Ease of use
  • Great pricing
  • Works on multiple platforms
  • Can be difficult to use for new users.
As a managed services provider, we find LastPass to be well-suited in every environment. The risks and vulnerabilities are increasing on a daily basis, so we find it necessary for businesses of any size to apply best practices for passwords. A small business with a single user will still have multiple passwords and accounts, so LastPass is still an affordable and effective solution.
LastPass is continually adding solutions to the stack. Most of our clients begin small with just the password management, but can easily grow into additional layers of security with MFA, SSO, and many more. The ability to scale our users' stack without the requirement to learn a new product is incredibly useful and prevents push-back.
November 17, 2020
Lastpass is great. We used to have to share passwords with subcontractors and then go back to change/reset the passwords and then update relevant team members. It was a pain in the butt! Now it's super easy to create and manage shared folders. Our employees use it for everything business related and almost everything personal related.
  • Autofill/browser extension make logging in easy.
  • Sharing passwords with non-company people is so much safer and more convenient.
  • Sometimes it won't autofill when I'm on my phone.
LastPass is great when working with subcontractors or even virtual assistants. Sometimes it's not so great for mobile device apps.
It has been very easy to contact support when we've needed it.
Once you get the hang of it, it's quite simple.
November 10, 2020
We have been using LastPass to give access to different websites to our employees.
  • Excellent for providing access
  • Multiple users can be incorporated
  • Occasionally, it fails to protect the very thing it's supposed to protect i.e. PASSWORD
It comes in handy when a company has a lot of freelancers working from around the globe.
We have been using LastPass premium plan for a little while now and the whole point of us taking that subscription is because we have believed it would allow us to send access to different websites to different people without having to reveal the passwords to those people. Thus, helping with our security. Well for the last two days, almost three, it has been apparent that LastPass is revealing passwords to users even when we have specifically chosen not to allow those users to see the password. When the user goes to enter those details, launching the website through the LastPass Vault, it takes them to the website and they can click on a little eye and it will reveal the password that is underlined which is TERRIBLE. Clearly, the entire opposite of what we are trying to achieve by having paid for a version of LastPass to keep passwords secure. I do not understand what is going on with LastPass. I emailed them, they responded once. I emailed again, NOTHING. I am appalled at this major security breach. There are people out there now who have access to all of our passwords. It has taken us a considerable amount of time to go and try to rectify and change passwords but there's no point because now they can see the new passwords. MAJOR SECURITY BREACH. Absolutely DISGUSTED with LastPass and lack of response.
Users to have to sign out constantly when giving then access to new accounts.
April 12, 2020
Taylor Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass for Business is being used mainly for account security. We have several clients that all have different login information for several different accounts and services. All in all, there are hundreds of logins and hundreds of passwords. It is simply impossible to memorize all of them and un-secure to have them all written down. LastPass for business helps us be able to keep all of the passwords in a central and secure place while keeping all the information organized, accessible, and fast to access.
  • Organized in alphabetical order
  • Easy to find what I am looking for.
  • Easy to reach when I need to login to something with the browser extension.
  • Easy to edit/update.
  • Occasional bugs with the browser extension, logins don't populate.
LastPass for business is well suited for someone who handles client's sensitive login information. If there are multiple logins that need to be safely stored but easily accessed, LastPass is perfect. LastPass may not be as applicable for an individual client with one or two logins, but when handling several and changing passwords frequently, it is perfect.
When handling several clients or onboarding new clients it is very important to be organized. How can we be trusted if we can't keep track of something as simple as passwords? LastPass helps keep the basics under control but outside of that, it doesn't necessarily aid in business needs. It is very valuable in its scope of needs and is essential in our baseline organization.
Read Taylor Robinson's full review
April 06, 2020
Prathamesh Muzumdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass in my organization is used by all departments. We specifically recommend it to all departments as it provides better security features. We use it to store passwords for different services and applications as well as different servers that have admin accounts that we need to log into. Most admins manage passwords through LastPass as it streamlines the process of version control and at the same time provides better security. It makes the process efficient of making passwords as it doesn’t let you save the same password over again and also simple passwords are prohibited. This helps us to implement higher security standards that includes long and complex passwords. Overall, it is used throughout the organization to maintain the integrity and security of login credentials.
  • Passwords are securely saved in their storage base.
  • Very easy to customize passwords with mandatory specs like length, special characters, alphanumeric, etc.
  • Autofill feature works very well.
  • Smartphone app version has issues depending upon which smartphone you use.
  • Updates are imposed and lead to slow processes.
  • Integration with browsers is a big challenge.
LastPass is its best when you use it to create, manage, and save passwords. Being a large scale organization, it is very important for us to save thousands of passwords. The best solution for this is LastPass, it saves passwords securely, it also helps us to create new passwords with a certain stipulation. We can customize the stipulation as per our needs like length, alphanumeric, special symbol, etc. This feature is very useful for my company. The downside of LastPass is the smartphone application, it may not work on all smartphones, especially the Android version. Also, the other downside is that the updates are less frequent and sometimes the process is slow.
LastPass is very user-friendly. It can provide multiple access but at the same time, it is very easy to customize. Also, it is very easy to integrate LastPass with a different application. It is easy to integrate LastPass with different browsers so that it can leave notifications on new updates. Account sharing features are great and easy to share as it is very possible to access a single account by multiple users through multiple logins. This feature is highly scalable.
Read Prathamesh Muzumdar's full review
March 13, 2020
Katie Stevens | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a virtual company so every software we use is in the cloud and has login credentials. We had many issues with employees saving passwords in many unsecured ways including their personal Google accounts, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, lists on their desks, etc. LastPass for Business has not only allowed our users to store their passwords in one location, it also assists them in using more complex computer-generated passwords without the fear of having to remember all of them.
  • Password Management (Storage)
  • Password Generation
  • Security Testing to ensure you are doing everything you can to make your passwords as secure as possible.
  • Business/Personal accounts that are tied together
  • Passwords don't always auto fill as I would like
  • I would love to see it work with desktop apps in addition to web based ones
LastPass for Business is great if you have many web-based programs that you need to remember your passwords for.
Whether you are using this for 2 employees, or 5,000, the application works the same. It simply helps people by remembering their passwords for them across all web-based systems. The Admin Dashboard is also very easy to use and customize for your companies needs. We love LastPass and highly recommend it.
Read Katie Stevens's full review
February 03, 2020
Maddie Tabor | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass for Business is excellent and so easy to use! Gone are the days of continually forgetting passwords, or even worse, having to write them down on a piece of paper that anybody could find. Sharing passwords is easy, and managing who has access to what makes securing all sites and resources a breeze.
  • Allows you to easily manage who has access to what platforms.
  • Keeps your passwords safe, and in an easy-to-find place.
  • Easier to make folders, and have passwords in multiple folders to better share access.
If you are a business of more than a few people, LastPass for Business is for you. Sending passwords through email, Slack, or text can put your security in jeopardy, and this helps solve that problem.
Allows you to add as many members as needed, so very scalable.
Read Maddie Tabor's full review
July 16, 2020
LastPass is our enterprise password manager. It is provided to all employees to use for managing their work-related accounts. It enables users to eliminate password reuse & weak passwords and makes accessing websites/accounts throughout the day much more convenient. This is especially helpful for users that access many websites/dashboards throughout their workday.
  • Ease of use for the end user
  • Customization/tuning ability (end user and enterprise levels)
  • Hassle-free credential management & login automation
  • Doesn't always work perfectly with websites. (LastPass can't really control this.)
LastPass for Business works great for the needs of typical users (and most needs of advanced users/IT admins etc.) For everyday password/credential management and logging into websites, LastPass makes it a breeze. You can also add in form filler info for name, address, phone number, etc. that you commonly have to fill in on websites. Corporate/shared credit cards can be stored as well. LastPass doesn't have some of the very advanced features for Privileged Access Management that you would find in a PAM tool.
No issues with scalability. You just get the appropriate licensing. Everything works the same whether you have 2 employees or 500.
June 15, 2020
We use LastPass across our organization. All employees are invited and required to set up an account. We use Shared Folders regularly so that everyone has access to specific login information necessary to run our business. Before using LastPass, we had an Excel spreadsheet. The only security the spreadsheet had was a generic name and that it was saved in a random location on our server.
  • Shared Folders are so great for our business. There are some applications we use that although we each have our own login info, sometimes, someone needs to log in as someone else. This saves the hassle of tracking down the user and getting the login info.
  • The ability to fill in user info such as names, addresses, and payment information is a huge time saver. No longer does a user have to pull out a credit card, or ask someone for a credit card number. Rather than taking the time to fill out addresses, emails, etc., the user can choose another item, and it's filled immediately.
  • Turning on master password security for client login info or payment info lends an extra, extra level of security. Even if someone forgets to log out of LastPass, an unauthorized user would not be able to delve into sensitive information.
  • LastPass for Applications is a great tool because rather than opening a browser, copying the username and password, and then pasting that info in an application, a user can just login from the desktop. It also lets the user turn on the feature that anytime the computer goes to sleep, LastPass is automatically logged out.
  • LastPass for Applications could use some improvement. When I set up a new application, I have to use the Training feature to get it to work.
  • I haven't fully figured out how to make policies for my users so that they have to use specific functions of LastPass.
I think LastPass for Business is appropriate for anyone with a business who has login information. It doesn't matter if it's a one-man shop, or a huge organization. It's a great way to add security to accounts and to make sure everyone is on the same page.

I can't really think of any scenarios where LastPass for Business is not appropriate.
When we first started using LastPass Enterprise, LastPass for Applications didn't exist, and SSO and MFA weren't options. We still don't use SSO, and MFA is currently optional for our users, but since most of our applications are desktop rather than cloud-based, the LastPass for Applications improvement was a huge win for us.
April 08, 2020
We use LastPass to share credentials securely with our coworkers. For example, if I want to share the WiFi password with a new coworker, I'll use LastPass.
  • Tracks usage and nudges your employees to switch onto LastPass if they haven't been using it (very useful for SOC-2 compliance).
  • Auto-fill works very smoothly and properly predicts the username and password field to fill in 99+% of the time.
  • Makes it easy and secure to share passwords with coworkers.
  • UI is not nearly as clean or beautiful as 1Password (which I use on my personal laptop).
  • Browser plugin semi-rarely crashes without warning or error message and stop opening until you restart browser.
  • Not as secure as 1Password. LastPass servers have been hacked more times (albeit without losing any secure information) than 1Password.
If we are talking bang for your buck, LP for business is really cheap (currently $3/user/month) and works well enough 98% of the time for your employees. I personally really dislike the UI/UX but once I got used to it I'm about to make it fit well into my workflow. However, there is a small concern here if your company signed a SOC-2, HIPAA or other security compliance agreement--if your employees hate or are really confused by the UI they are less likely to use it and this can cause your company to violate your security compliance agreements. So, basically, you may want to buy something more expensive and user friendly if you are responsible for making sure everyone at your company uses a password manager.
LP admin interface always provisioning and managing all your company's employees very easy.
February 20, 2020
  • Utilized by our Support Team.
  • Ensures passwords meet the complexity of today's standards.
  • Assists in auto-login to services, without having to go and look in a master password list.
  • Ensures passwords vary for customers.
  • Password management
  • Multi-user access
  • Support for RDP sessions.
  • Improved UI when saving passwords into specific folders.
  • Small teams requiring a cloud solution to keep secure information including passwords.
  • Automation: auto-filling passwords into websites such as O365, vendor portals, etc.
I can see issues when more than 25 people shared the same business password list. The UI is focused on teams of less than 25 people. The more passwords, the clunkier it will get, but unfortunately, I haven't found a solution that does scale well when dealing with 1000+ passwords.
February 10, 2020
We're currently using it across our organization to assist with secure password management. It's a great tool for sharing common passwords across the company or within a subset of users where needed (e.g. services with single user accounts/testing accounts/etc.). It also has effective monitoring to ensure everyone is using secure passwords (e.g. strength scores) and warns of cases like password re-use. With LastPass we can maintain a high level of security by requiring strong passwords and multi-factor authentication.
  • Provides secure password/secure note sharing.
  • Auto-generation and storage of highly secure passwords.
  • The browser extension can be buggy and will occasionally lock you out.
  • Could be more forthcoming about their own security incidents.
Scenarios where LastPass for Business is well suited:
- Small/Medium sized companies looking to enforce a higher standard of security among employees password management. Also for those who need a certain level of auditing to achieve security compliance.
- Cases where you have sensitive security information (e.g. encryption keys) to share across the company or parts of the company.

Scenarios where LastPass for Business is less suited:
- I'm not convinced LastPass for Business would scale well in a larger organization. The user management can be a bit awkward and permissions within LastPass may not be granular enough.
At our current rate of growth we've had no challenges around onboarding or offboarding employees with LastPass. However, we've only used it with relatively small sets of users. I'm sure it would be more challenging to maintain with hundreds or thousands of users as the UX around user grouping and granular access control can be a little messy.
January 15, 2020
Robert Guy | TrustRadius Reviewer
All users have the LastPass web add-on installed and utilize it for all business website logins. The Support Department also utilizes it to store client passwords for website accounts and logins. It keeps us from having to manually track passwords in a file format.
  • Has a very granular policy settings allowing for excellent control of the product.
  • Browser add-in works in all 3 browsers very well.
  • Support is only via email, disappointing you cannot speak with a live person.
  • Very inconsistent and disappointing behavior with linking personal vault accounts.
If you would like to reduce the number of passwords a user has to maintain down to one, or if you have issues with users forgetting passwords. Also, if your company shares lots of logins, this is a better way to control and maintain those logins across multiple users.
Very granular policy settings. You can turn up or down your controls and have many complex configurations if desired. The added ability to add a personal vault is extremely well received by the end-users.
Read Robert Guy's full review
January 12, 2020
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass is used by multiple departments in our company. It is the best password management tool to be used by a company. I love that all of my passwords are managed in one place and I love that I do not have to remember them. I also love it is super easy to share passwords with co-workers. LastPass is a great tool to keep your business safe and organized.
  • Organize passwords in one place.
  • Ability to share passwords with other co-workers.
  • Sharing sometimes does not work with co-workers or is delayed.
I have a lot of logins for a lot of accounts due to my role at the company and LastPass keeps all of my logins organized and safe in one place which I love. I love that I do not have to remember my passwords anymore and that I can have unique passwords for each of the accounts I use. LastPass is a great tool to keep a company's logins safe and secure.
LastPass continues to work great as our company grows. LastPass meets our needs. We love using LastPass because it keeps us organized and safe and secure as a company.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
December 05, 2019
Nate Casimiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, LastPass is being used by the IT and Marketing departments, with the eventual plan to roll out company-wide. The tool solves the common issues around password management for individuals and teams. Issues like not remembering your password, having weak passwords, needing to share passwords with other users, preventing passwords from being shared incorrectly, etc.
  • Works well with your Chrome browser, similar to autofill.
  • Allows you to link a personal account and divide passwords between accounts.
  • Allows you to let users copy and paste the password without seeing it.
  • Allows you to share passwords and manage permissions.
  • Scores and advises against weak passwords.
  • Has an app for iOS and Android.
  • The interface is easy to use but still feels a bit clunky to me at times.
  • I have had issues setting permissions multiple times in the paste. I think this feature is not the most intuitive.
Most modern businesses will benefit from a password manager. For example, you do not want your social media account credentials getting into the wrong hands. This goes for most tools. Using a tool that makes it easier to change the password in one place for everyone and help revoke permissions as necessary keeps your accounts safe and your team operating efficiently.
LastPass is very easy to scale from small to large businesses as it contains robust permissioning and team building tools. The cost per user only decreases as you add users. It is easy to utilize and is built for and excels at swapping or revoking permissions and re-configuring as need be.
Read Nate Casimiro's full review

ID-Management Access Control (23)
ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO) (10)
Multi-Factor Authentication (18)
Password Management (33)
9.4
Account Provisioning and De-provisioning (23)
ID Management Workflow Automation (9)
ID Risk Management (17)

What is LastPass for Business?

LastPass for Business is identity management software that covers password management, single sign-on, and multifactor authentication. LastPass business solutions aim to help teams & businesses take control of their identity management by providing unified visibility across every entry point to the user’s business. From cloud and mobile apps to legacy on-premise tools, the vendor says LastPass' purpose is to help businesses be more secure, maintain compliance, and increase productivity.

LastPass for Business Pricing

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Free$0.00
Premium$3.00per month (billed annually)
Teams$4.00Per User Per Month (billed annually)
Enterprise$6.00Per User Per Month (billed annually)
Identity$8.00Per User Per Month (billed annually)

LastPass for Business Technical Details