2 videos

User Review: LastPass For Business Serves As A Tool For Remembering & Using Secure Credentials
02:35
User Review: LastPass For Business Allows Teams To Easily Share Passwords Without Risking Security
02:45

Free

Premium

per month (billed annually)

Teams

Per User Per Month (billed annually)

Product Demos

LastPass | What's a password?
LastPass | What's a password?
00:52

What is LastPass for Business?

LastPass for Business is identity management software that covers password management, single sign-on, and multifactor authentication. LastPass business solutions aim to help teams & businesses take control of their identity management by providing unified visibility across every entry point to the user’s business. From cloud and mobile apps to legacy on-premise tools, the vendor says LastPass' purpose is to help businesses be more secure, maintain compliance, and increase productivity.

LastPass for Business Video

What is LastPass?

LastPass for Business Competitors

LastPass for Business Technical Details

LastPass, a GoTo (formerly LogMeIn) company, is a password management application to simplify access to enterprise applications for users but also increase centrality and ease of management of access for administrators with task automation, convenient and secure password sharing, and other features.

Keeper and ManageEngine Password Manager Pro are common alternatives for LastPass for Business.

Reviewers rate Product Scalability highest, with a score of 9.1.

The most common users of LastPass for Business are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

LastPass for Business is used to manage shared passwords across all of our departments and personal passwords for our users. Access is controlled by Active Directory integration, which makes it very low-impact from the support side. User training is very simple and we are able to handle 95% of users with a simple handout.
  • Limit access to shared passwords to only those people who need to access it.
  • Management of the platform is simple.
  • It would be nice if LastPass for Business was more clear about the options for users' personal passwords as well.
For organizations with small teams that often have to cross organizational boundaries to do work, LastPass for Business is very helpful in avoiding the inevitable "I was able to get into this six months ago, why can't I get in today". It would be less suited for a more mature organization that wants to have a truly managed PAM solution.
The few times we have needed support for LastPass for Business, they have been knowledgable and timely.
Jason Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass for Business to help everyone stay up to date on passwords and other pertinent information that needs to be stored securely and updated frequently. It is also easy to share login information with new employees when they come on board. It can be tricky to keep all of this information in one place. This helps keep a central location.
  • Allow for easy access
  • Keep information secured
  • Provide multiple platforms to get to information
  • Better notification system when things change
  • Automated syncing
  • Better Apple watch app
When you are needing a secure place to keep all of your organization's important data this is a great solution. But when employees are not comfortable using browser extensions or apps to keep up with this they may push back. This system can be learned and it is well worth it.
The ease of inputting and keeping up with passwords and pertinent information is super easy. Even people not comfortable with these types of apps can feel safe it is secure.
First and foremost, we use LastPass for Business company-wide as our default password manager. Having many portals and credentials across our departments and locations, LastPass for Business helps us keep our credentials safe and secure. We also utilize LastPass for Business' authentication to verify identity to access some applications and securely shared credentials across various departments.
  • Password management
  • Sharing credentials securely
  • Organizational policies
  • Pricing
  • Admin and user portals look a bit dated
  • LastPass for Business does know what sites you have saved, locking that down would be for the best
Simply put, if you have credentials that are used for anything, you should be putting them in a password manager, like LastPass for Business, which will help with the credentials lifecycle. I would recommend taking advantage of shared credential folders as well if you need to share credentials. You can also administer specific policies organizational-wide or group-specific that prevent data loss, set minimum requirements, etc., which we have found helpful.
To be very honest we haven't had to use the support channel in a very long time, so I'm finding it hard to write about it. I believe the only time we used support in the 4+ years of using LastPass for Business was shortly after the deployment, and it was only related to policies. From what I recall, the support was fairly quick to respond and gave us our answer within the first reply.
We use it to share passwords securely with our team and among the business owners. We also use it to share client account passwords and ensure team members are using secure passwords. We use it to securely store payment information. Finally, we use personal accounts to allow us to keep all our passwords in one system. It's nice to be able to share with family members and team members seamlessly. I also like the admin tool to stay on top of our team's level of password security.
  • Complex password enforcement
  • Sharing passwords
  • Team administration
  • Multifactor authentication
  • Recognizing fillable fields
  • Granular sharing
Great for sharing passwords among a team, allowing admins to ensure password strictness rules are followed. It is also helpful for sharing among different teams within a company and with other teams outside the company. We used to be a marketing agency and this was very helpful for collecting our clients' passwords in a secure way, that made them feel safe and that they were not just handing us the keys to their valuable accounts.
Support is generally fast and efficient. They have always been helpful when I needed them, which is rarely.
Being able to share passwords securely throughout the company was a major upside to choosing the product. We needed to be able to share passwords without actually giving out the password to employees. This comes in handy when passwords need to be changed and the account info can just be sent out and nobody has to see the actual information shared. Additionally, LastPass Families included with Business accounts has been nice because it helps with compliance.
  • Sharing credentials
  • Creating complex passwords
  • Choosing the complexity of passwords
  • Sharing across devices
  • Lots of security around every corner that is easy to see and feel comfortable with
  • Passwordless options
  • Sometimes you cant open a page and you need to refresh which signs you out.
  • That may be intentional but it seems erroneous.
  • There is a way to circumvent hidden passwords shared to employees.
For any business that is remote - this is an absolute must. Businesses that are brick and mortar that don't have a lot of passwords or not a lot being used across the board, this may not be something a company like that would have a need for. But anything remote or with many employees using logins to outside websites and apps, this is the way to go.
Haven't had to directly contact support all that much (at least not me personally, I don't know that anyone else on the team has needed to) but the Help Desk options/resources and documentation available are enough to answer any questions, although for what it's worth, the contact support options are not hard to find, and aren't hidden like some sites have it. Additionally, free new user training is offered for those who want it.
Sharon Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass to store all company passwords, including things such as computer logins as well website/program logins. We have computer logins stored and shared with the business LastPass admins so that if users are away, others can still access their computers without having sticky notes or notebooks with passwords laying around. It is a great way to also store/create multiple different passwords without having to remember them all, you just need to remember your master one.
  • Ability to store multiple different logins for one site for assistants that work under multiple solicitors.
  • Ability to share passwords between staff when needed without them being sent by email or simply passed around on notes, making it much more secure.
  • Sometimes the ability to share can be hard to do for new users if they don't save to a correct folder.
I think it is suited to all business types as every business has the need to password security and every business needs to conduct accounts online, whether their own, accessing supplier sites, etc. regardless of the business type. I don't there there would be any scenario where LastPass wouldn't be of use to someone.
LastPass has made many of our cyber security worries disappear by providing us with an all-in-one ID/password management platform that all staff can use easily, regardless of their tech savviness. It enables us to easily share passwords among staff as needed, and the added feature of two-factor authentication also reassures us that our passwords are safe and secure.
We have been using LastPass for Business for over 3 years. We use it to manage our company and individual passwords and guarantee security and access customization for all. We also allow for password sharing and create folders to keep them all organized. We also follow the suggestions to create secure passwords.
  • Password storage security
  • Passsword sharing
  • Password analysis
  • It does not work for all platforms. some secure platforms are still managing to avoid the usage of platforms like these.
  • Sometimes we add passwords and we have to do it a few times for them to show in the selected folder.
  • I have nothing else.
I think this platform is great! I have not only recommended it to friends and colleagues outside of work but I have also used it personally. I think this platform is great for all, businesses and individuals. Even my mom has it and she is now a passwords master! I would recommend creating a more user-friendly version maybe.
I have never actually needed to use support for this. however, the one time that I remember we used it was about storing passwords in shared folders and not showing up after a few attempts. We did not get a solution but the problem fixed itself. I am not even sure how to reach out to support so I think this can be improved.
As a web developer, using a password manager is essential. I have hundreds of logins for tools on top of thousands of credentials for client accounts. LastPass is easy to use on every device and I can access it anywhere. It's made sharing access between team members a breeze. If I have any complaint, it's that the app isn't always stable on Android (Samsung Note 10). At this point, I simply couldn't do my job without it. I highly recommend to anyone in the IT world that has lots of passwords or that works from multiple devices.
  • Storing Secure Passwords & Notes
  • Sharing Credentials Between Team Members
  • Providing Access from Anywhere
  • Launch using a default browser on mobile instead of the LastPass Browser.
  • Make the app more stable for Android.
  • Recognize main domains if the URL saved was some sort of specific URL, so you don't have to go digging if a site has multiple login access points.
I'm not aware of any scenario where LastPass would not be appropriate. I use LastPass for Business for work and I even have it linked to my personal LastPass so that I don't have to switch back and forth. It's great for storing passwords, notes, generating random secure passwords, and more. I used the authenticator app recently and that worked wonderfully as well.
LastPass is part of the essential lifeblood of our operations. It's so immensely necessary and useful that I can't imagine doing my job without it. The peace of mind it delivers along with convenience and the constant updates to the latest and greatest features make this product all around amazing. I can't recommend it enough.
Jordan Weyenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used LastPass at the Leadership level to ensure that any and all critical application credentials, and credentials for internal on-prem services, were available to the full team. This allowed us to respond quickly to emergencies regardless of which members of the Leadership team were online or available at the time.
  • Storing passwords and other credentials.
  • Sharing passwords and other credentials with users/sets of users.
  • Organizing credentials into custom categories for easier navigation.
  • Allowing users with shared credentials to use those credentials in the UI.
  • Accessing multiple sets of credentials for the same service in the UI.
LastPass is great if you're looking for a lightweight service to store credentials and you'd like to share those credentials with a defined group of other users. The UI can be clunky, especially when storing on-prem credentials or storing multiple sets of credentials for the same service, but the price is right and the security policies are top-notch.
I never engaged directly with live support, but all of the help documentation and onboarding training were effective to meet my needs.
We used LastPass to create some security with the apps and programs we use between all of our company devices. The product addresses the issues that come with having so many hands accessing devices and devices leaving the office. It has enhanced the security of our data and with everyone working remotely, it has given us peace of mind so that as an executive team we can focus on bigger things such as growing the company.
  • Allowing that single sign on to access all password protected apps.
  • Streamlining our employee access to all of our company records and tools.
  • Appreciate the Admin control that LastPass allows us to have.
  • Customer support is somewhat of a struggle, especially if you are trying to get something fixed ASAP.
  • LastPass is a little more costly than some of its competitors.
We appreciate LastPass for the ability it has to assist us in keeping our records and data secure and creates a form of encryption that may not exist in the app. Keeping our information safe, being in the software industry, is high in our priorities. Gives us the peace of mind that as our remote employees work from where ever, we can feel confident that their work system as well as ours is protected.
This would be the only place where we were disappointed with the performance of LastPass. Customer support wasn't always readily available and sometimes took a long time to get a response. It's not like we needed to contact them often, but it seemed that when we did need them, it was a challenge each and every time.
I support multiple clients and need to keep passwords for sensitive accounts - bank, credit card, etc. LastPass takes care of this seamlessly and enables me to share these logins with my team members without compromising the client's data.
  • Create client password folders/groups
  • Share information with other users easily
  • Multifactor authentication protections
  • Admin dashboard could be more intuitive and easy to use.
  • Ability to save shared password in existing "folders".
LastPass handles the storage of countless passwords effortlessly and is a great tool for generating complex passwords on the fly. I can't think of any scenario - business or personal - where LastPass would not be appropriate given the need for tight password controls in the current environment.
I have only need to use support once in the time I have had LastPass and my issue was resolved quickly.
LastPass for Business has had a very positive impact in our organization. By using Lastpass for Business, employees get access to a login which is passwordless. Employees can simply login into their vault rather than entering password providing a better, feasible and secure way of password and access management of employees for businesses.
  • Password Management
  • Identity and Access Management
  • Easy and Secure Access
  • Can be a little complex when it's for shared folder management
  • Should offer multiple pricing models for different type of companies.
  • There are some compatible issues with browsers like Internet explorers and other old browsers.
According to me, LastPass for Business is best suited for an organization where there are multiple shifts as it prevents the employees from a password login, providing the best hand security on the other hand. Employees are not supposed to learn the password, it is being managed centrally that offers management ease, organization security and convenience.
There might be a little room for improvement in Support. Although their support is satisfactory but sometimes it may take little more time for response and rectification. They do have a support number to logging complaints and raising issues which is accessible to everyone. Although I would request them to do a little improvement.
We used to use LastPass for business for secure and efficient management of all passwords needed for all the services we use daily. For instance, if we needed to send one computer repaired or get a new one, we just logged out of LastPass in the old one and logged back into the new one, and we are back in business in seconds.
  • Seamlessly onboarding workstations or personnel.
  • The security scores were annoying sometimes
LastPass is the best for on-boarding and off-boarding workstations and personnel. If you are a new company without any old password systems then LP is perfect, but if you still need to support old passwords the scoring systems get in your way, or you need to start configuring it so that it is less intrusive. I personally do not like to see any red on my dashboards.
I guess we never really needed support for LastPass, the community especially since the blogs helped us in the only two cases where the user interface was not clear/intuitive enough.
It is the primary password manager tool for our IT department, and we are actively rolling it out across the rest of the organization. It provides a convenient, simple, and secure means of managing and auto-filling passwords into various sites and forms. It allows sensitive passwords to be accessed by additional resources when needed, without revealing the password to the user.
  • Reporting on user password strength scores
  • policies for controlling access and use
  • Dark web monitoring for accounts
  • The import feature has a few usability issues
  • Moving items between folders has some bugs
  • Shared folder management could use some additional granularity in its access controls
The end-user experience is extremely convenient. The browser extension, the prompt to store/update a password, and the gentle reminders about re-using passwords, and guiding users towards better password hygiene, all add up to make a great streamlined tool that makes password management easy. It really nullifies any excuses to not have a unique and strong password for every system.
The online documentation for the tool is extensive. Almost all questions have an answer available in the documentation. Phone support is responsive and helpful. Any issues I have brought up with support to date have been addressed quickly.
Ashish Agrawal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've been using LastPass for Business for years in our organization. Earlier, we used to manage passwords in excel files due to security concerns with passwords that can literally divert the entire direction of our business, but as the years passed, we trusted LastPass for Business more and more. We're currently using LastPass for Business for giving SSO while keeping MFA/ 2FA to ourselves.
  • Giving Employees Access
  • Logging of Employee Access
  • MFA logging
  • Compatibility - It doesn't work well with old age browsers
  • Pricing - I would personally love startup focused plans
It's the best tool in the market to give SSO for critical web applications to your employees. LastPass for Business is possibly the only product in the market which is trusted enough to put up the passwords which can make or break your organization. The Employee SSO can be integrated with MFA. Thus even if you have given someone the authority, you can always keep the MFA to yourselves for the final step checkpoint authentication.
It's a simple tool. Also available for free for new users, so anyone who is looking to evaluate the product should give their employees access to Lastpass and let them evaluate how quickly they can work with it. It's a good tool with secured servers, and we never faced a single data breach in years.
James E. Heyward | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our business relies on cloud-based software and LastPass allows us to share passwords across our team in an orderly fashion. We use LastPass to share client bank information with seasonal workers and contractors.
  • Browser integration.
  • Password sharing.
  • Password security.
  • User interface
  • A clear understanding of admin functions
  • Improve the browser integration
LastPass is useful for small business managers that rely on passwords and sensitive data that needs to be shared throughout the company (even a company of one). I don't see LastPass being used for an IT-based company that would have deeper functionality.
I haven't reached out to support...yet.
I use Lastpass to manage my password and protect my login credentials. It also makes it easy for users to grant my VA access to platforms and files in real-time. What is also good is that the software allows you to strengthen existing passwords and generate new ones to provide maximum security for your accounts. It is not very difficult to use and worth the time.
  • Password protection
  • Passwords management made easy
  • Shared access
  • Password generation
  • Come up with an easier way to users to retrieve accounts if password is lost or forgotten
  • Improve customer service response time
I was working jointly on a social media project with my VA and needed to share information and files back and forth. I used Lastpass for this purpose and despite some hiccups -it was our first time using the software- it nevertheless was a good option for us. I like the fact that you can share access to your business page and still have control over its security.
Lastpass provides that extra, much-needed protection and password management solution for all business types. The software is compatible with all devices. It conducts monitoring and generates audit reports to constantly improve security; can be deployed across your organization or business, synchronizes your login information, and auto-fills as needed. In my opinion, this removes a layer of burden and saves time for users.
We use Lastpass as a secure gateway so that we can not share out passwords to them but they can login using our passwords to the sites which we manage and we need to give them login rights and they can work on them. We don't have to remember the passwords of the applications we use it saves a lot of time and also it is manageable.
  • It categorized the sites or application is its manner.
  • We can see shared stuff in our vault.
  • We can directly launch the sites from LastPass itself which saves our time.
  • It's easy to use.
  • No its very nice application for business who need to open the banking sites.
  • also for those who need to open the application on frequent basis.
It's just like you are one click away from the application to get open. You just need to login to LastPass and you can login to the application in just seconds without remembering the user name and passwords as it's the one time activity to fill the password in it, it's very useful too and for security purposes its best. for new employees you can share in spite of sharing your credential, you can share login using LastPass.
The support team is always helping us at their level best
We use LastPass for business to manage all of our passwords for clients and technical staff. it is extremely useful for keeping a vault of unique passwords for all of the applications we use in a secure way. we enforce MFA on the application and utilize it across dozens of clients successfully.
  • MFA
  • Password generation to criteria you specify.
  • Single sign on for a wide variety of apps.
  • Dark web monitoring.
  • Password strength monitoring.
LastPass for business is well suited for staff to keep track of hundreds of unique passwords by only remembering the main password to get into their vault. it is recommended that the vault itself be heavily protected with rotating passwords and MFA. We find it most useful for clients who have unique applications they need to access. it is not as useful in environments that already have single sign-on with MFA properly implemented.
Lastpass for business is very well supported. I cannot recall a time when my team needed to reach out and we were not received in a timely manner by the support team. Other applications such as Bitwarden have had flaky support and we struggled to get the help we needed for business implementations.
Peter Laspas | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass for Business is a total time saver as a password hub for all the various websites, applications, and tools I need access to. It is comforting to know when I need access to an app or a piece of information that is password protected point in time, LastPass for Business is there to get me access so I don't have to keep a personal list of passwords myself.
  • Organization of all apps and internal systems
  • Notification if a password is older than a certain amount of days to change it would be beneficial
LastPass for Business is a must if you are in SaaS! A paper or Excel list is not safe and will not get that job done. LastPass for Business provides security and ease of access to the tools you need at your fingertips.
It has met my expectations and made my business life easier.
Tom Mulhern | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an international technology company with employees spread out across the globe, password management and authentication are essential to the running of our business. LastPass for Business makes it easier for us to securely share our passwords and important notes across the organization. We use LastPass for every department and team at our company.
  • Secure password sharing
  • Multi-factor authentication
  • Secure notes
  • Password resets
  • Chrome Extension gets in the way of text boxes
I would definitely recommend LastPass for Business for any business that has employees who need to securely access encrypted passwords, notes, addresses, or other data that needs multi-factor authentication to access. It is especially effective for teams that are working remotely and need to share secure data. It would be less appropriate for a small, in-office scenario.
We haven't currently needed to use the support team at LastPass for Business for any issues or software errors, but the documentation on the website is more than sufficient for any technical support our team may need.
Eric Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass for Business to manage the enormous volume of logins for which we're responsible. That responsibility is a huge liability for us...so we choose LastPass for Business because we can easily manage and make secure, logins to mission-critical business processes for our clients. And it makes sharing those logins internally a breeze. No more "who's got that password I wrote on a Post-It note?"
  • Secure sensitive logins.
  • Generate secure passwords.
  • Enable two-factor authentication in one platform we're already using.
  • Sharing could be more granular; for individual logins for example.
  • The management console is a little wonky. Could use a UX facelift. A lot of it doesn't make sense to me. I feel like I'm re-learning how to use the admin every time I have to use it.
If you have multiple people who need access to the same logins on a regular basis, this is the perfect solution. It gives everyone access to passwords, in a secure place, and gives them the opportunity to update passwords, add information...or you can lock down their access to be read-only.
I've only had to use it a couple of times...went very well.
I am quickly able to log onto websites with security that I trust. I am also able to use Lastpass on my cell phone. I feel that my financial institution access and data are protected when I use Lastpass in conjunction with two-factor verification.
  • Reliable access to frequently used web sites
  • Safety access to financial sites
  • Works well with two factor verification
  • I find that sometimes it is difficult to restart after exiting my browser and I have to go through the long password and two-factor authorization too frequently on my office desktop.
It is most helpful and secure on financial institution websites with double two-factor authorization.
I really haven't needed support as the product is very reliable
LastPass for Business ensures we comply with GDPR rules around saving sensitive information in a secure manner. We disabled saving passwords in the browser and mandated the use of LastPass. When linking a private vault, private accounts are automatically saved in the private vault. We also use it to share accounts within departments.
  • Autofill on IOS.
  • Share passwords with others.
  • Use their Authenticator app as a second factor.
  • Android app - it often does not pop up when using autofill.
  • Browser extension can be slow when logging in.
  • Support is US based so can be slow for EU citizens.
It works well in business settings where you want to define policies on how LastPass for Business should behave. Single Sign-On also is nice to have a method. You can share MFA codes when using the browser extensions. On iOS it works flawlessly. But on Android autofill often does not work, leading to frustration for users. You can choose for the data location to be US or EU if you ask for it.
They have improved with their support, but the time difference is something to keep into account. We are located in the EU and the company has almost retracted from the EU - no more local account managers or support engineers. Hope this is coming back in the future as they deserve it to have better support.
Hunter Bonner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass for Business in our organization to manage all the passwords that we have for our customer systems. We are addressing the problem of getting away from using a common password for those systems, and can randomly generate them, thereby increasing security. The scope is pretty wide, due to the number of clients we have, and also, it's a way we can provide this same service to our customers who have for years relied on Post-It notes to the monitor, or under the keyboard.
  • Random password generation.
  • Integration into Chrome browser for ease of filling out login.
  • Easy to use interface to browse and manage all passwords.
  • Easily shared out over our organization.
  • At times, I believe the timeout on the software is a bit too soon. I believe once authenticated, you should be signed in for at least 15-30 days.
  • When filling out forms for login, sometimes the LastPass for Business button overlaps the eyeball icon to reveal what you are typing, making it difficult to see.
  • Sometimes when searching for information in the Vault, I have noticed that it will not respond to the search criteria. It will appear as if nothing exists, but if you scroll down to it, it's there. So something with the interface needs improving.
LastPass for Business is suitable for those in business that has access to multiple websites with sensitive information. People such as the accounting department, human resources, and the like should be using a password manager, and to that end, randomly generated passwords to mitigate hacking. It is also well suited for any MSP that has to manage a plethora of passwords for servers, website logins, etc. This may not be appropriate for businesses that are comprising a sole proprietor, or 5 persons. This is more for larger organizations in my experience.
What kept it from the 10 ratings, is the daily login that I must complete. Even Microsoft allows you after a 2FA login, to stay logged in for at least 14 days. I just find it annoying that LastPass for Business does not offer this. However, overall the software is solid, portable with mobile options, and when used in an MSP environment, there is nothing better to be perfectly frank.