LastPass Is Very Useful

May 31, 2022

Password Management (96)

9.5

Multi-Factor Authentication (67)

ID-Management Access Control (74)

Account Provisioning and De-provisioning (67)

Video Reviews (2)

Record

Free

Premium

per month (billed annually)

Teams

Per User Per Month (billed annually)

Identity Management

What is LastPass for Business?

LastPass for Business is identity management software that covers password management, single sign-on, and multifactor authentication. LastPass business solutions aim to help teams & businesses take control of their identity management by providing unified visibility across every entry point to the user’s business. From cloud and mobile apps to legacy on-premise tools, the vendor says LastPass' purpose is to help businesses be more secure, maintain compliance, and increase productivity.

LastPass for Business Video

What is LastPass?

LastPass for Business Competitors

LastPass for Business Technical Details

What is LastPass for Business?

LastPass, a GoTo (formerly LogMeIn) company, is a password management application to simplify access to enterprise applications for users but also increase centrality and ease of management of access for administrators with task automation, convenient and secure password sharing, and other features.

What is LastPass for Business's best feature?

Reviewers rate Password Management highest, with a score of 9.5.

Who uses LastPass for Business?

The most common users of LastPass for Business are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

We used to use LastPass for business for secure and efficient management of all passwords needed for all the services we use daily. For instance, if we needed to send one computer repaired or get a new one, we just logged out of LastPass in the old one and logged back into the new one, and we are back in business in seconds.
It is the primary password manager tool for our IT department, and we are actively rolling it out across the rest of the organization. It provides a convenient, simple, and secure means of managing and auto-filling passwords into various sites and forms. It allows sensitive passwords to be accessed by additional resources when needed, without revealing the password to the user.
Ashish Agrawal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've been using LastPass for Business for years in our organization. Earlier, we used to manage passwords in excel files due to security concerns with passwords that can literally divert the entire direction of our business, but as the years passed, we trusted LastPass for Business more and more. We're currently using LastPass for Business for giving SSO while keeping MFA/ 2FA to ourselves.
I use Lastpass to manage my password and protect my login credentials. It also makes it easy for users to grant my VA access to platforms and files in real-time. What is also good is that the software allows you to strengthen existing passwords and generate new ones to provide maximum security for your accounts. It is not very difficult to use and worth the time.
We use Lastpass as a secure gateway so that we can not share out passwords to them but they can login using our passwords to the sites which we manage and we need to give them login rights and they can work on them. We don't have to remember the passwords of the applications we use it saves a lot of time and also it is manageable.
We use LastPass for business to manage all of our passwords for clients and technical staff. it is extremely useful for keeping a vault of unique passwords for all of the applications we use in a secure way. we enforce MFA on the application and utilize it across dozens of clients successfully.
Peter Laspas | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass for Business is a total time saver as a password hub for all the various websites, applications, and tools I need access to. It is comforting to know when I need access to an app or a piece of information that is password protected point in time, LastPass for Business is there to get me access so I don't have to keep a personal list of passwords myself.
Tom Mulhern | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an international technology company with employees spread out across the globe, password management and authentication are essential to the running of our business. LastPass for Business makes it easier for us to securely share our passwords and important notes across the organization. We use LastPass for every department and team at our company.
Eric Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass for Business to manage the enormous volume of logins for which we're responsible. That responsibility is a huge liability for us...so we choose LastPass for Business because we can easily manage and make secure, logins to mission-critical business processes for our clients. And it makes sharing those logins internally a breeze. No more "who's got that password I wrote on a Post-It note?"
LastPass for Business ensures we comply with GDPR rules around saving sensitive information in a secure manner. We disabled saving passwords in the browser and mandated the use of LastPass. When linking a private vault, private accounts are automatically saved in the private vault. We also use it to share accounts within departments.
Hunter Bonner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass for Business in our organization to manage all the passwords that we have for our customer systems. We are addressing the problem of getting away from using a common password for those systems, and can randomly generate them, thereby increasing security. The scope is pretty wide, due to the number of clients we have, and also, it's a way we can provide this same service to our customers who have for years relied on Post-It notes to the monitor, or under the keyboard.
We use a lot of SaaS products and want to stay secure. Using a password manager is a no-brainer for an organization to manage access to all the SaaS products they use and make sure that only the relevant people have access to sensitive credentials. LastPass for Business lets us do all of that pretty easily and more.
Eric Serdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lastpass to help us keep track of all of our passwords across the organization. The ability to restrict and share passwords has been helpful as team members might leave or transfer teams and we need to revoke access to certain applications. This has allowed us to share it without them being able to see the password, so we don't have to reset the password every time there's a change.
Ashlie Pappas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Beyond the basic keeping track of passwords, LastPass has been invaluable in being able to share passwords with others without having to disclose the actual password. Prior to using LastPass for Business, I would regularly need to give contractors the login information for various accounts needed for the work being done, they would have to keep track of which login credentials were shared, keep track exactly who it was shared with, and finally, once the project was completed, I would need to change the login credentials and make sure anyone else still using those credentials were updated as well. As you can tell, it was a huge headache, one that has been completely alleviated with LastPass for business.
Will Goad | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LastPass for Business to store and share all passwords related to applications used by the business. It also houses logins to various instances of our software that we need for support/configuration purposes. LastPass for Business is so easy to use and the extension is particularly useful for filling passwords on websites. It saves probably 30 seconds per login. When you log in to 10-50 sites on any given day, this is particularly helpful. It also helps you stay in your flow. Finally, I have recently started using the LastPass password generator and have found it very valuable.
It is a great password management solution. Every employee manages their own passwords while sharing passwords to some corporate accounts with other employees. Everything is transparent and seamless whether using Macs, Windows, iOS, or Android. Also, managers can change the shared credentials and notify the users that share access or not. It is transparent. Next time they need to authenticate, it will just use the latest set of credentials.
LastPass has been incredibly helpful for my team as we work in project management. Anywhere where we have created an account (e.g amazon) or need to have the business card to hand it has helped the workflow. We can easily share info securely (no more sending photos of bank cards over WhatsApp!) and easily. It's also really helpful whenever anyone leaves the company, they can send all the passwords from accounts the new starter may need so there's no hiccup somewhere down the line. It saves time with logging in too frequently used platforms too!
May 03, 2022

Data Secure App

Ganesh Khakare | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using this app since a long time. Best part having dual password security with one master password and other for internal note. As the data is more secure to maintain nessessory important notes and passwords as well. It sync with mobile app when you change your mobile device in that case authentication process is secured to login in new device.
We have a few seasoned employees who have terrible password management and security. For example, one would consistently use the company name as a password. If passwords required numbers of symbols it would be 'companyname12345!' or something similar. To make things worse, these employees would consistently forget passwords meaning they either write them down (in plain text in a notepad). I purchased LastPass for our business in an effort to curtail these practices. While gaining full adoption is difficult (see, previous section about employees), we have slowly been switching passwords and accounts to LastPass. For those that we have switched it is working quite well. I can give specific employees access to specific accounts/passwords. A nice thing about this product is I can share the account without having to share the actual passwords with employees. This increases security.
Karrie Brazaski | TrustRadius Reviewer
LastPass is a product that we use daily. We use LastPass to manage and maintain an accurate list of passwords as well as a repository for key business identities. We use it to share passwords with users who need access to accounts but we do not share the actual password. LastPass also helps us to create and maintain secure passwords. The ability to use it on desktop as well as sync the info to mobile devices is a huge benefit.
Amber Hawkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use LastPass for Business in order to manage passwords for any service or product I signed up for. It's extremely handy when you have so many passwords, and it helps keep me organized. With what I do, I needed this product so I wouldn't have the daunting task of trying to remember all the passwords. I love that it updates any password changes with ease. In the event I do forget it, all I need to do is go to the LastPass portal, click on the "Launch" button to go to the website I need to go to, and it automatically logs me onto that site. When it comes to how often I use this software, I use it daily. I daily need LastPass to do tasks such as composing training, updating e-learning platforms, gathering online tools for consultation purposes, knowing any direct website sub-links, going on online portals to update any certifications needed, etc. There were a few times I forgot the main password to log in to LastPass for Business. Imagine that, lol. No problem. All I had to do was click on "Forgot Password," follow the easy resetting process, and I'm back in business right away.
LastPass is a great way to store all of your usernames and passwords if you're frequently creating new accounts. LastPass has saved me from having to go back into my notebook and figure out what letters/numbers/symbols I used in the numerous amount of passwords I've had to create. It's great only having to remember one password to get into LastPass, and they remember the rest. Highly recommend!
Steven Speckman | TrustRadius Reviewer
With owning a creative solutions company, I utilize a multitude of websites for images, programs, designing, social media, and much more. There is no way that I want to use the same password for each of the hundreds of websites I use each day and that is where LastPass has been a game-changer. It is perfect for storing logins, payment info, and for 2-factor authentication. The chrome extension makes it extremely easy to log in to the accounts with just a couple of clicks of the mouse. And the same goes for the app. It is very simple to use and uses face unlock to log into my apps.