LastPass Is Very Useful

May 31, 2022
I use Lastpass to manage my password and protect my login credentials. It also makes it easy for users to grant my VA access to platforms …

Password Management (99)

9.5

Multi-Factor Authentication (70)

ID-Management Access Control (77)

Account Provisioning and De-provisioning (70)

Video Reviews (2)

Record

Free

Premium

per month (billed annually)

Teams

Per User Per Month (billed annually)

Identity Management

What is LastPass for Business?

LastPass for Business is identity management software that covers password management, single sign-on, and multifactor authentication. LastPass business solutions aim to help teams & businesses take control of their identity management by providing unified visibility across every entry point to the user’s business. From cloud and mobile apps to legacy on-premise tools, the vendor says LastPass' purpose is to help businesses be more secure, maintain compliance, and increase productivity.

LastPass for Business Video

What is LastPass?

LastPass for Business Competitors

LastPass for Business Technical Details

What is LastPass for Business?

LastPass, a GoTo (formerly LogMeIn) company, is a password management application to simplify access to enterprise applications for users but also increase centrality and ease of management of access for administrators with task automation, convenient and secure password sharing, and other features.

What is LastPass for Business's best feature?

Reviewers rate Password Management highest, with a score of 9.5.

Who uses LastPass for Business?

The most common users of LastPass for Business are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

It has been really helpful to be able to evolve how we use LastPass as we grow and change departments, add departments, add personnel, and levels of security. Having some flexibility has been great to get us what we need and not have to change platforms, which for a growing company is always a pain.
I highly prefer this solution as with the increase in employees, it provides a very easy and feasible onboarding of new employees which is also secure. Employees need not care about password logins as passwords are managed centrally providing a secure environment. Additional features like MFA are also available with the solution.
The admin management side of LastPass has convenient groups and roles to allow for quick management of new users. A strong variety of policies ensure our bases are covered for our desired use cases, and there are tools to auto-provision the browser extension to help new users get set up. Scalability is no concern as the tool is easy and convenient with 5 users or 500.
Ashish Agrawal | TrustRadius Reviewer
The product is very much scalable. Pricing for business is also scalable, and you only pay for what you use. However, department categorization and assignment of passwords as per department by keeping one head of all the information is something Lastpass should work on. You can store as many sites as you need in LastPass for Business which is possibly the most basic feature of this tool.
Lastpass deployment is simple, clear, and straightforward. I have a small business and have to work with VAs from different places around the world. I once hired someone who almost stole a project he was helping me with and my data because he got the account login credentials. With Lastpass, I don't have to deal with a problem like that because my credentials are secure at all times. Everything that happens online requires the creation of an account and credentials, and in this case, it is important to protect your business from possible threats.
The application is extremely easy to use and does not take much time to implement. The product has been very well received at client sites that have decided to implement it. We find that it takes less than a business day to convert users to this platform and walk them through generating secure passwords to place in their vault.
Tom Mulhern | TrustRadius Reviewer
As we have grown our international team of developers and staff, LastPass enterprise has made it easier to onboard new team members and give them access to the sites they need when they need them. The deployment of LastPass to new team members is simple and allows us to have a more effective and secure remote team.
Eric Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Everyone on our team needs access to login or other sensitive data. With LastPass for Business, I can distribute access knowing our data remains safe and accessible for everyone who needs it. LastPass for Business gives me peace of mind knowing that everything is accessible, yet safe.
You can scale up licenses as desired, and scale them down once a year as well. Since it is a cloud application it scales very well by itself. You can define your own departments by using AD or AAD synchronization and set separate policies for different groups of users. All in all, it is very flexible.
We didn't grow much as a business while using it, so I can't say too much about this aspect. However, I'm missing more fine-grained control, which would make it much more usable for scaling organizations. For E.g. it has no concept of RBAC, which is invaluable for large organizations.
Eric Serdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Everyone in our organization is using LastPass for password management. It makes sharing logins easy across different departments. IT has the main controls, but middle management can share with their team/department, and we have the flexibility to move quickly and securely.
Ashlie Pappas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Scalability is one of the main appeals of LastPass for Business. Being able to manage and organize credentials, share credentials to relevant departments, and ease of sharing/revoking access is what has made LastPass for Business an essential software. One consideration I haven't mentioned is that if someone is new to LastPass, they do not need to have a paid LastPass account to receive shared credentials nor do they need to have an account under ours. It allows for autonomy without losing efficacy or security.
Will Goad | TrustRadius Reviewer
I rate it a 10 because it makes sharing and partitioning passwords, credentials, etc. very simple. You can easily catalog and manage your app and server credentials (and other things), keep those from the wrong people in the org, and share them with the right people. Folding seems to be very easy.
LastPass for Business is simple to use, effective, and compatible with virtually any browser, operating system, device, and authentication hardware. It is a great solution to keep you informed if your credentials showed up on the dark web, security score is very valuable in giving you an overall view of the complexity and reuse of your own credentials easy to use as a first password manager, even for people not sure how it works or what it does.
I think it's a great bit of software as our team expands, I love it! However, I do wonder how it'll manage if it were to scale up even larger. The sharing of multiple log-ins is still manual at the moment, it would be great to make that slicker and quicker as it can be a bit tedious. A check box click makes more sense than having to start typing something for an item to pop up.
I have had difficulty scaling LastPass. Perhaps it is a lack of understanding, but adding new employees and giving them permission to relevant passwords is a rather manual process. I would like to have the ability to set up 'permission levels' and then assign specific employees to those permission levels. At the time I need to go through passwords 1 by 1 and share with relevant people.