Reviews (1-1 of 1)
Our engineering team is using it to set feature flags for both testing and hiding of features. This is helpful to allow us to do constant deploys and not have it affect production. Furthermore, we can run tests with those flags to determine the impact of each feature. It's working really well for us!
- Feature Flagging.
- A/B Testing.
- Giving any users access to edit feature flags.
- Simple UI to interact with.
- The messaging around features - especially those that turn on/off traffic for prod - could be clearer.
- It's a little clunky to switch between projects & doesn't remember my default project for some reason.
- I would like to make changes on my phone - not sure if they have a mobile app.
Read steven mandzik's full review
It is so much better than our old system which was a custom built system, always took very long to use, and required engineering resources to implement, adjust, update, etc. Now we can simply leverage LaunchDarkly. It is fast and easy. Anyone, not just engineers, can make updates. A particular use case for us is to modify traffic for tests. Turn up the participation or turn it down. Declare a winner. Now our analysts can directly do that as soon as they have the results. It is so much better!
LaunchDarkly Scorecard Summary
What is LaunchDarkly?
LaunchDarkly is a feature management platform that aims to empower all teams to safely deliver and control software through feature flags. By separating code deployments from feature releases, LaunchDarkly enables users to deploy faster, reduce risk, and iterate continuously. The vendor states that over 1500 organizations around the world -- including Microsoft, Atlassian, and IBM -- use LaunchDarkly to control the entire feature lifecycle from concept, to launch, to value.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
LaunchDarkly Technical Details