We use LeapFile to provide a solution for both sending/receiving large files and also making sure that files we transfer between our office and our clients are secure and encrypted. We have 29 employees that use it.
- There are 3 ways to use LeapFile: the desktop app, the web app, the Outlook plugin
- The interface is almost all text-based with minimal graphics. Because of that it can be difficult for our employees and our clients to quickly decide what action to take to complete their downloads.
- We have found the admin controls to not work consistently, causing lots of headaches.
- Some emails sent via the Outlook plugin will cause formatted text to look extremely confusing on the download page that a client must view in order to take an action to retrieve their files. The text shows all the HTML code wrapped around it.
- Uploads web page will tend to hold a cookie that "remembers" an expired link, causing our clients to receive an error.
Read Neal Rosenthal's full review
We replaced ShareFile, that we had used for 7 years, due to a cost increase. LeapFile appeared to provide the exact same solution for a better price. However, the headaches we are experiencing with the product are costing us valuable time, money and frustration, both among our staff and between our clients.