- Course authoring (10)9.090%
- Player/Portal (10)8.888%
- Learning administration (10)8.282%
- Progress tracking & certifications (10)7.979%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of LearnUpon, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
LearnUpon offers an LMS and a customer experience team, that according to the vendor currently operates as a partner to over 1,300 businesses.
LearnUpon's platform delivers a connected learning experience to millions of learners across their employees, partners and customers. Plans start at $15,000 USD.
- Supported: Course authoring
- Supported: Course catalog or library
- Supported: Player/Portal
- Supported: Learning content
- Supported: Mobile friendly
- Supported: Progress tracking & certifications
- Supported: Assignments
- Supported: Compliance management
- Supported: Learning administration
- Supported: Learning reporting & analytics
- Supported: eLearning
- Supported: Assessments
- Supported: Live online learning
- Supported: In-person learning
- Supported: Micro-learning
- Supported: Video learning
- Supported: eCommerce
- Supported: SCORM-compliant
- Supported: Tin Can (xAPI) compliant
- Supported: Social learning
- Supported: Gamification
- Supported: GDPR Compliant Learning
- Supported: Single Sign On (SSO) Enabled Learning
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||Brazilian Portuguese, Canadian French, Chinese (Simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Flemish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, UK English, US English (default)|
- Course set up is very easy for administrators. It's very simple to swap out SCORM when updates are made to a course, and it doesn't impact students' progress.
- SEO and public-facing store are great. It's simple to add the information.
- Editing the storefront is simple and I like that there are couple layouts to choose from.
- It's very difficult to search for courses as an admin, particularly if you have multiple versions of a course. When you search, you cannot filter and exclude archive courses.
- You cannot run a report for bundles from the standard reports.
- Account creation is different between the store and LU dashboard. Customers only have to provide their email and password to create an account in the store.
- Certificates are clunky. It's slow to select fields. Also, you can have a portrait orientation. It prints as landscape.
- Notifying everyone
- Great courses and topics
- User friendly
- Design can be a little more creative.
- Add more to the courses available.
- Some graphics stick.
- Intuitive and simple UI
- Ease of setting up credentials and quick implementation
- Easy to follow training paths through learning experiences (primarily self-paced)
- Although primarily used for self-paced training experiences, I would love to see some sort of learning activities where faculty could see the responses of others.
- Some of the badging features came across a bit cheesy, but this is likely my personal preference.
- I would love to see greater integration with various video platforms to allow for greater options in differentiating my training.
- Great interaction for student users, easy to locate dashboard and classes.
- Simple to set up courses on the admin side, many options to create the course you desire.
- No integration with a payment gateway that shows in a students account what courses they have purchased at what price.
- There is some confusion on when registering for the LMS that only a username and password need to be supplied, it does not require a first and last name.
- Limited function of coupon codes, too many restrictions make us come up with work around in order to utilize coupons.
- They ability to group students by the course type they are selecting not just custom data fields.
- Integration with video conferencing platforms (primarily Zoom).
- Timing out releasing of course materials and exams so students can't get eyes on something an instructor is not ready for them to see yet.
- Customization of our store front and courses with regard to branding and graphics.
- We have yet to be able to fully implement [a] two-way handshake between LearnUpon and our internal member tracking system.
- It is not easy to filter members and non-members; currently, all have to be placed into one category and manually sorted through after the initial account creation, which hinders offering pricing tiers for each category.
- Tracking sales tied to a specific user is not easy. In order to track when a person paid for a course, if they transferred their enrollment multiple times, we have to run a sales report of the original course in order to discern the amount the student paid, which can slow down the refund process when that need arises.
- Knowledge on various topics
- Modules are pretty straight forward
- User friendly
- Notes section could be more compatible with mac.
- There needs to be more time in between sessions.
- Better look back ability from modules.
- LearnUpon's customer services is second to none!
- They listen to their users and make changes to the platform accordingly.
- They are an affordable LMS solution.
- There are issues with users who have an account in more than one LearnUpon portal. If a user has an account in an existing LearnUpon portal, and they want to create an account in another LearnUpon portal, then they have to be invited to the new portal by an Administrator. but the user has no way of knowing that its a LearnUpon portal until they can't sign up. Its very confusing for the learner.
- An email address is required in order to set up an account. We serve many providers who don't have email addresses for all of their staff, so this is a huge issue for us.
- Client service and support: LearnUpon provides the most expansive and responsive customer service I have ever experienced from a vendor. They were full partners in every aspect of how we use the LMS, from implementation planning to instructional design. They provide responsive support for technical issues, and are generous with their time and energy in brainstorming and exploring how to leverage LearnUpon's available features and functions to fit the needs of our learning program. They also engage customers in product development and enhancement planning to such a degree that the platform almost feels made to order!
- User interface: LearnUpon provides an engaging and immersive learning experience. Learners with low technological literacy are able to learn and use the platform with minimal support. Proficient users can maximize the available features and functions to create asynchronous and blended learning products that are navigable and engaging for learners. The buttons say what they do and they mean what they say; LearnUpon's interface also includes expansive "help tags" - almost every feature provides additional instructions about its function and intended use without leaving the page.
- User management: LearnUpon provides a multi-faceted approach to creating and managing users that is both flexible and reliable. The ability to group users using and/or logic, self-reported user information, and HRIS integrated data is variable enough to support a company of great complexity. These tools are easy to use and manage for administrators and managers.
- User types: while LearnUpon does provide a variety of user levels, there are gaps and missed opportunities in how the permissions of those roles align.
- Reporting: while LearnUpon's current reporting features provide ample access to data, most reports require additional manipulation outside the system to be useful and informative. The current array of filters can be restrictive.
- ILT Scheduling: there are some elements of the instructor-led portion of the platform that cause barriers with cancelled or rescheduled attendance.
- LearnUpon has EXCELLENT support. I have always been quickly and effectively taken care of whenever I had a problem (the majority of the "problems" were simply my perception; turned out not to be problems at all).
- LearnUpon has a simple, intuitive interface that works and rarely causes problems. Obviously, they heavily user-tested the interface before implementing. Too many LMSes do not do this and the interfaces which have been designed by software nerds are super hard to navigate.
- LearnUpon has lots of features packed into one system. You can host multiple "portals" for different audiences, you can have learning paths, you can upload videos and documents of all kinds. It just works and is not limiting.
- LearnUpon has an EXCELLENT test creation/implementation feature which I have not seen in any other LMS I have used.
- They don't offer a "pre-requisites" feature but they are very responsive about feature requests. We signed up late last year and already 2 of my feature requests have been implemented.
- The discussion forum feature (brand new!) is not super intuitive, yet, but I expect the support team to improve it quickly as they do everything else.
- The notifications feature could be improved a bit, but it still functions as necessary!
- Customer service - Learnupon helped me to learn online learning management and become proficient in the administration of online training. They have helped me understand many facets of e-learning and helped me on a variety of issues unrelated to their own system. I know I can rely on them.
- Automation -- Learnupon has many features which reduce my level of effort as an administrator (e.g., automated emails, automated certificates).
- Integration with Authored Content -- Learnupon works seamlessly with my authored content and makes the integration of Tin Can easy. When I had problems (mostly due to my design error), they helped me figure out what was wrong and walked me through methods to improve the overall design of my authored content.
- Price -- LearnUpon's scalable and efficient pricing has allowed me to be agile in my use of resources and has provided a lot of value for my investment.
- Data exporting -- The data exporting from Tin Can based interactive content can be a bit cumbersome to work with when trying to analyze research data. It would be great to have more consumable data exports. However, it is important to note that this is an LMS, not a research platform!