LessAccounting Reviews

Elizabeth Pampalone | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2019

#Adulting with LessAccounting

I had been with QuickBooks Online for several years due to the urging of several accountants. When I learned at the end of year 1 with QO that it had not imported ALL of the items from our credit union and I needed an accountant pretty much to reconcile it, I set out on the lookout for a new system that I could manage on my own and one that was Credit Union friendly. That is when I found LessAccounting, to keep track of all our income and expenses and provide us with accurate profit and loss statements and reporting.
  • Categorize Expenses Automatically
  • Profit and loss Statements
  • Interfaces with Credit Union
  • More appealing Interface
  • Integration with Invoicing Software like Square
  • Simple Videos on accounting How-Tos for creatives (the people who find this tool most useful)
I love LessAccounting and I recommend it to everyone who has had a bad experience with Quickbooks or who is using another system altogether. I tell my clients and colleagues that this is the accounting system for those who don't get accounting!
Read Elizabeth Pampalone's full review
Shirin Elkoshairi | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2019

LessAccounting - Helps you focus on growing your business and keeping your books tight

In my first few businesses, I used traditional accounting software installed on a laptop. For ease of access, we decided to use a cloud-based accounting package. LessAccounting is used by all the partners + our bookkeeper in our firm. It allows easy access by multiple users at no additional cost and allows us to focus on our business.

While I have at least 4 accounting classes under my belt, along with knowledge of bookkeeping, the idea of closing out each month, closing out the quarter and the year isn't appealing. I don't feel that it should take long to look at our monthly expenses and pay the bill. Since our bank has an API and is accessible by the software, there's no reason why our accounting system and our bank shouldn't be in perfect sync in all cases. We need efficiency as our business model is fairly straight forward. We felt that in this regard, LessAccounting solved the issue for us.
  • Less Accounting integrates with our business bank account as well as our corporate credit cards. All transactions are automatically pulled into the system and classified by the types of expenses. There's a lot of automation and the manual entry of data rarely occurs.
  • The System is streamlined and easy to learn. There is no need to understand monthly and annual closing of the books and the system is visually easy to follow. Online chat and email support have allowed us to make use of features we didn't know how to implement.
  • LessAccounting is highly accessible. Since this is cloud-based, my business partner and I always have our own access, our bookkeeper has access and so does our CPA for doing monthly sanity checks and for completing our taxes annually.
  • Reliability, there hasn't been a single outage or issue that I've experienced with application availability since day 1.
  • With the flexibility comes room for folks not adhering to specific accounts. There is no numeric chart of accounts so at times you will see 2 line items for a single item. We tend to overcome this limitation with extensive tagging.
  • Invoices and sales orders don't have an obvious way to assign credit to specific salespeople or consultants. We reached out to LA and they have shown us a different way to do this which we'll try soon.
  • The visual interface can use some sprucing up. It's easy to navigate but I believe the navigation can be slightly improved. I do find myself hitting the back button to get into other parts of the app.
If you are an entrepreneur and you want to focus on building your business, start with Less Accounting. It's a full-blown accounting system that has a simple implementation and it can connect to your financial accounts to automate many parts of the business. Our 1st four years of business, we worked without a bookkeeper at all due to the level of automation.

It is not limited in any regard and is not simply for invoicing or tracking hours, it more or less does everything.

Perhaps one area that it wouldn't be ideal is for firms that need to have more rigid accounting, with charts of accounts etc for industries that are audited or highly regulated.
Read Shirin Elkoshairi's full review

Pay calculation (1)
Direct deposit files (1)
API for custom integration (2)
Plug-ins (2)
Single sign-on capability (1)
Role-based user permissions (2)
Dashboards (2)
Standard reports (2)
Custom reports (2)
Accounts payable (1)
Accounts receivable (1)
Cash management (2)
Bank reconciliation (2)
Expense management (2)
Fixed asset management (1)
Electronic tax filing (1)
Self-service portal (2)
Intercompany Accounting (2)
9.5
Journals and Reconciliations (1)
Configurable Accounting (2)
10.0
Centralized Rules Framework (1)
Standardized Processes (1)
Pricing (1)
Order entry (1)

About LessAccounting

LessAccounting is a simplified, core, cloud-based accounting platform for small businesses from LessAccounting.com based on Jacksonville, Florida. It contains expense management features (sorting by project and expense type, tracking and reminders), automated invoicing, simple business overview and reporting features (e.g. profit and loss reporting, balance sheet, receivables and payables reports, etc.), integration with bank account, document management and integration with many apps and commonly used tools, and more. It is mobile-accessible.

The Freelancer level is available for $20 per month and is suited for companies with less than 70k in revenue (or less than 10 invoices per month). The Small Business package is available for $36 per month and comes with unlimited usage and support; this mid-level is targeted at companies with less than 500k in revenue. Finally the top tiered Super Powered package is available for $54 per month and is meant for businesses with revenue greater than $500,000.