Reviews (1-25 of 109)
- Helped us put all of our policies and procedures online and available for our Reps so they could have access at their fingertips.
- The many lessons that are available for our reps is unbelievable. They are always learning and taking lessons on their own in areas that they believe they need work in.
- The support team that we have at Lessonly is amazing. The calls that we have with them are always productive. They are always looking for ways to make our lives easier so we can do better work.
- It would be nice to be able to import a document and be able to search for that document or a word in the document. Currently you have to copy and paste in order to have the search functionality.
- Content creation is intuitive and easy to manage with paths and tagging.
- User management is aided by integration w/our HRIS (BambooHR).
- Sales and support staff encourage user feedback and are attentive when issues arise.
- Media import (audio, video) are still in infancy. Reliability of uploaded content isn't 100%.
- The Events function lacks some features that are more built out in other platforms.
- Reporting interface has a bit of a learning curve, but overall isn't bad.
There are occasions where uploading audio or video content doesn't function very well, but Lessonly has been quick to offer assistance in resolving those issues.
- Organizing lessons into comprehensive paths for an effective work flow
- Easy to build/create lessons for all types of jobs that are engaging
- Lacks some flexibility in the type of items that can be used in a lesson
- When adding a new learner, the email response with the Lessonly link is slow
- Choice of lessons
- Ease of use, not difficult to manage.
- Credentials of the trainer.
- Going back on a quiz is hard to navigate if it advances.
- A lot of the lessons are formatted the same, not enough diversity to keep interest.
- Being able to have an online note pad that you could cut and paste video or a way to tag the portion that you want to review again.
- It's very easy to use and intuitive.
- Content-building tools work really well.
- The visuals are pleasing.
- The lesson completion dashboard is very detailed.
- Grading quizzes and essays is easy.
- Perhaps more choice in fonts.
- An easier way to communicate between the creator/manager of content and the learner within the tool.
- Open to feedback and ideas and constantly innovating and iterating on their product to serve new needs that arise
- Making me feel like more than just a customer: They aren't transactional and focus on building the relationship and making me feel heard.
- Extremely easy to use product so building content takes little time, and I can leverage other subject matter experts to build content as well.
- For democratizing content creation, it's difficult to make sure that other creators follow the same tagging system. It would be helpful, if when creating a lesson, everyone were prompted to add the tags, pictures, descriptions, etc so that I don't have to follow up with them to do it.
- We're trying to make Lessonly our one-stop-shop for internal training, and we need a more robust registration system in Lessonly to make that happen. Things like events with multiple sessions, linking to relevant lessons within the event, seeing a calendar view of upcoming events, etc, would be helpful for that.
- Blended learning: as pre-work, in-class worksheets, and follow-up post-work to reinforce what they learned
- Engineering training, even though we try to use it for this, because people can't code within Lessonly. An embed feature could help with this.
- Easy to use and create lessons
- Intuitive and sharp user interface
- Collaboration capability within tool
- Would like built in certification that would give user certificate upon completion
- A little better integration with Salesforce
- A little more robust reporting
- Creates an easy to use system for both the Creators and the Learners.
- Connects with their customers and listens to all feedback that is provided. You can tell that they work strongly off of what their customers are looking for with their tool and use that feedback to continue growing and bettering their system.
- Creates a fun environment for both the customer and their employees. You can tell it's a great place to work.
- When editing a reveal or flip card, the image and text are backwards. The text is on the top and the image is on the bottom when you are editing. But when you publish the lesson, they switch and the photo will be on the top and the text will be on the bottom.
- Their customer service agents are incredibly friendly and helpful, it will just often be a while before someone is able to respond and assist you.
- Content creation is very easy and quick
- User interface is beautiful and user friendly
- Management of users/content/insights is simple
- We are looking for more options to assess; grading and insights are available, but we'd like more reporting on cohorts or tracking milestones
- Some of the interface on the admin side of the application is a little cumbersome (viewing options, filtering, basic stuff)...this isn't a make it or break it drawback piece of functionality, but it's something that could be improved.
We explored using it for our external LMS, but it's just not designed for that (or for our needs it's just not set up for that).
- Versatility. We can use for it darn near anything in any department across the company.
- Easy editing. You can change/update something on the fly no problem.
- Simple design easy for self- learning as a creator or admin.
- The Lessonly university is basically a tool store to use at your disposal. It has a lot of great information.
- Bugs. When there are some and we alert Lessonly, they reply with the problem will be fixed, but then no follow up on if or when?
- Self branding ability would be great but as of now you have to reach out to a 3rd party which makes it difficult to keep communication clear.
- Minor issues with the lessons themselves; such as the image and text being swapped in places once going from edit more to preview mode.
- Seamless UI that is easy for all types of users.
- Great team that cares about your success.
- I suggest keeping customers front and center.
- Listen to them constantly and make sure that you grow as the users do.
- Lesson.ly does a great job of providing a way for learners to self-certify and test their knowledge on the content of the lesson. Both via Flip cards that provide a quick question and response. Learners can try and guess or answer and then immediately check to see if they were correct. You can also institute graded tests with multiple choice or written answers to verify knowledge of the user.
- Lesson.ly allows for both embedded video and image content which provides audiovisual learners to have a more effective and efficient learning experience. My favorite use of this feature was the inclusion of Gifs. Both to illustrate any simple concepts being taught and for the use of humor to keep the lessons from getting boring when going through several lessons in a row.
- Lesson.ly also does a great job of providing structure to your lessons. Building boards or modules allows you to group lessons together. It provides a clear way for clients or employees to proceed to the next lesson upon the completion of their current lesson.
- Navigating through finished lessons can be challenging especially if you have completed a large number of them.
We use Lessonly primarily for our revenue-generating and customer-facing teams (i.e. Account Executives, Sales Development, Customer Success, Renewals, etc.) On occasion, we also leverage it for training support and product role outs company-wide. We looked to bring on an LMS for a few reasons. First, to free up our bandwidth (with a small team of two training and developing 60+ revenue generating roles) -- an LMS system allowed us to create well-built out, self-paced trainings that did not need to be delivered in person. Second, we needed a tool to better track, train, teach, and gather insight into how our reps are progressing in their development. Lessonly has delivered in spades.
We are able to leverage Lessonly in so many different ways: new hire on-boarding trainings, product updates, marketing roll-outs, knowledge base, compliancy trainings, etc. It’s also a really simple format for our reps to follow, even when they are on sales/customer calls.
- From a usability standpoint, Lessonly is incredibly intuitive and user friendly. This was our first LMS product purchased, and it was really important for us to have a system that we could dive into head first without a large learning curve.
- What I've appreciated most about Lessonly are the people and teams within the company who support their clients. It was very evident during our sales evaluation that this was a team that aimed to grow and scale alongside their clients by listening to, and acting upon, feedback. They have proven this time and time again.
- This was not the most robust platform when we initially evaluated, and there are still feature gaps to be filled, but overall, we have been very satisfied with the experience.
- Customization for emailed communication out of the platform (i.e. assigning Lessons) is lacking, but not a huge concern considering that is not the main focus of the system.
Our Customer Experience Rep is incredibly responsive and always willing to take a call, in-chat product questions are answered quickly -- overall, a great experience with customer support.
- Tracking user performance - This tool allows you gather very granular data on learner performance, and lets you slice this data in a variety of different ways.
- Content Creation - The Lessonly system comes with a host of content creation tools that allow for quick and easy training development. Regardless of your skill level with instructional design, you will be able to create effective, professional looking training very quickly.
- Support services - The Lessonly team is engaged, knowledgeable, and committed to helping your organization do better work. Not only do they provide quick and effective answers to questions, but they support you consistently throughout the stand-up process.
- There are limits to what you can do with the system. As with all pieces of software, there are limits to what the product can do. For most organizations, the chances of encountering these boundaries are pretty low; however, if you have experienced instructional designers who may want certain types of uncommon types of functionality ( Ex - multiple graders submitting grades on one assignment), you may encounter these edges more often. None of these limits are game-breaking, but they do exist.
- Search tracking - Lessonly does not keep track of learner search attempts that yielded no results. Again, this is a very minor thing, but some competitors do offer it. Essentially, keeping track of this information would allow you to see what information your learners have been searching for and not receiving, which would let you create new content accordingly.
- Provides an easy-to-use interface.
- Technical Support is outstanding. Quick response and follow-through on resolutions.
- Reporting needs to be improved and more flexible.
- Would like to see a way to easily segregate lessons between departments.
We currently have only used it in our U.S. office with both new hires and existing agents. We've received great feedback from tenured agents who say it's improved their existing knowledge/kept them up to date, and our new hires are scaling quicker than ever. We plan to start implementing it in our offices in France, India, and Germany in early 2020.
Seeing the success of Lessonly with Customer Care, the Sales department has renewed our interest in the product after initially going a different direction.
- It helps us keep training content concise. The standard font and size help our training Lead, and Managers get a real view of exactly how much our agents have to learn.
- The templates provided helped us get started on the right foot. They were full of great format examples as well as actual tips for our Customer Care team. It made the "mountain" of work more surmountable.
- I would love to have an undo button. A few times, the team has accidentally clicked on the delete button for a section and lost a section of work. We learned our lesson and have typed out text sections elsewhere and then just copy/pasted it into Lessonly.
- A separate image gallery would make organizing easier. For now, it displays the images in the order they were imported.
- Simple to use
- Beautiful, clean design
- Lack of integration of other systems is both a strength and a weakness because it allows the Lessonly team to focus just on the LMS experience. Still, it does make it harder to sell because there isn't direct integration into your HRIS or other employee systems. You're hopping employees between them.
- I have no other complaints. The onboarding and prep were fantastic, and it's so easy to use!
Their path functionality has been so helpful to us, as well. I can string multiple lessons into paths, then string paths in paths and end up with a complete onboarding solution without needing to assign tons of lessons all at once. Need to make a change? Just update the path, and it updates users on the path (or not, if you choose), and it's ready to go for your next person.
I'm having a hard time thinking of places where it's not appropriate? Possibly if you do a lot of in-person training and want to keep doing that, but you probably aren't researching LMS platforms if you want to keep doing as much in-person training as you currently do. We went from needing specific trainers in three different locations to zero, and increased our learning retention and decreased our first week on job error rate.
It provides us a tool to create and store learning content, as well as easy reporting.
- User interface is extremely simple and engaging.
- Listen to feedback and implement changes quickly.
- Gamification (leader boards/points for completion or scores).
- Badges/certification (which is on its way).
- Customer Support - The chat feature on the platform provides instant help when you are troubleshooting a problem. Their staff are informative and a pleasure to talk with.
- Implementation of the platform - During our implementation of the platform, the customer service representatives provided step by step instruction and suggestions for best practices across our process. The soft launch of the platform went very well.
- We are currently using the beta mode on publish or unpublished draft on lessons. We are finding bugs in some of the features, but this is why you have "beta clients."
- Some features like roles and preview options for edits on lessons can be difficult to follow. We like the option for sharing ownership in a lesson for editing purposes with users that may not be an admin or manager, but rather a SME.
Lessonly Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Lessonly is training software with an ecosystem of partners, strategy and services that are aligned under the mantra of Do Better Work.
The vendor has worked with over 800 companies to help them train their teams. The vendor says they've learned that the highest performing organizations build their training on the same six pillars:
- Assess (Gather Needs & Inputs) Listen to people, data, and the market; identify successes and challenges; and accurately assess your sales team's training needs.
- Plan (Prioritize for Impact) Identify the most essential objectives and outcomes, and intentionally set milestones for creation and delivery.
- Build (Create Quickly & Collaboratively) Work with teammates at the front lines of the business to develop and iterate on bite-sized training/content.
- Learn (Meet Learners Where They Are) Push training content to teammates-- anywhere, anytime-- so they can quickly solve problems in their moment of need.
- Practice (Rehearse, Refine, Repeat) Reinforce skills and information with realistic practice scenarios and receive feedback to fuel improvement.
- Perform (Doing Better Work) Empower the organization to continuously improve, deliver and quantify results.
The results? Faster onboarding, higher NPS score, more closed deals and a superior customer experience.
Lessonly Support Options
Lessonly Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central/Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Australia|
|Supported Languages:||Filipino, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, Vietnamese|