Reviews (1-20 of 20)
- Ease of use – You can create a lesson in 30 minutes or less.
- Track the progression of your learners – See how they're doing and where there are areas for improvement.
- Customize a learning library by topics – You choose what's important to the teams you're training and who sees what.
- Their customer service team is unlike anything else I've experience – You're part of the family from day 1.
- The way content is organized for admins could be improved – It's easy to search for content, but I'd personally like to have more flexibility around creating folders for different topics on the back-end.
- Versatility. We can use for it darn near anything in any department across the company.
- Easy editing. You can change/update something on the fly no problem.
- Simple design easy for self- learning as a creator or admin.
- The Lessonly university is basically a tool store to use at your disposal. It has a lot of great information.
- Bugs. When there are some and we alert Lessonly, they reply with the problem will be fixed, but then no follow up on if or when?
- Self branding ability would be great but as of now you have to reach out to a 3rd party which makes it difficult to keep communication clear.
- Minor issues with the lessons themselves; such as the image and text being swapped in places once going from edit more to preview mode.
- It's extremely easy to build lessons with little to no training. It has a very usable UI. This creates a low barrier to entry for those who want to teach their coworkers something.
- It's administratively easy to assign lessons, send reminders, grade them, and check their progress.
- I love that Lessonly is always improving and letting me know how they're doing it.
- I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
- Consulting regularly on our account
- Support is fast and informative
- Resources in the tool are amazing
- We would like to change font in content and use color better
- We would like to be able to use the practice feature be more interactive for larger scale use.
We love using Lessonly because we are able to incorporate all different learning materials for our clients and internal staff. We have been able to make training available to our clients so they can have a self-paced learning experience that they can fit in around their daily work schedule or on their own time. We are able to have multiple departments use Lessonly to build out their specific training for onboarding.
Lessonly also lets us track the individual's progress and we can quiz them on their product knowledge.
- Our clients are able to use the Lessonly Library to search for specific topics enabling them to get the answers to questions they have. This allows then to use our portals more effectively.
- As we update our product Lesonly allows me to make changes to the training material with ease.
- Lesonly is very good at working with suggestions on adding new features that I would like to see to make my job easier.
- Lessonly is very easy to use. They have been adding reporting features for tracking individuals taking out training. I would like to see a better way to have date ranges in these reports.
- Super easy to create lessons, very user friendly to create
- Love being able to track the progress of our team and who has finished which lesson
- Super easy to go through the lessons and be quizzed on them, it's a great experience for our team.
- I can't think of any areas of improvement, it's really user-friendly and doesn't leave you feeling incomplete
- Onboarding new employees: Every new employee that comes on board uses Lessonly to learn about the company and our industry. There is a lot to learn in the first month of employment, and Lessonly provides an easy way for us to disseminate that information.
- Training employees as industry experts: Many of our employees go through our Expert Certification Program, which certifies them as field experts. This includes a series of around 15 hour-long lessons, each accompanied by a quiz, and then a final exam. This process ensures our employees are fully equipped to serve our customers. Members of R&D, Marketing, Product, Customer Success go through this course in Lessonly.
- Lessonly is really easy to use. The UI is friendly, and anyone can build lessons that flow well and look beautiful.
- Lessonly's support is second to none. With any questions, they're quick to respond and help resolve.
- Lessonly solves a real problem. Onboarding and training can be difficult, but Lessonly provides a platform that makes it so that any employee can easily create and deliver effective training materials.
- Lessonly could make the dashboard a bit more customizable and branded per company.
- Lessonly could provide learning reports because the state often gives incentives for training.
- Lessonly could make it so that you can better customize notifications. I get a lot of emails because I'm an admin.
- Has lots of options to add to the lessons - images, videos, etc.
- The reporting is really great - helpful to know who has fallen behind on the lessons.
- The feedback that we are able to get from learners is awesome.
- Font colors is a feature I'd love to be able to see.
- Having the ability to save filters in the content page would be great, since I am an admin I see everyone's materials and I have to click "my content" every time. Would be nice if it just saved to my content and then if I want to see others, I have the option.
- Would love the ability to just see one lesson rating instead of having to view them all.
- Lessonly is so easy to user, anyone can create a course.
- Lessonly has great practice elements, which is wonderful for hands-on learning.
- Lessonly has an amazing staff, they are so supportive and are truly a partner.
- Doesn't really work well with SCORM
- Reporting could be better
- Support in global regions could be better
- Remote learning. It is really easy to access the material online.
- Ease of use. A user can really quickly figure out how to use Lessonly. There is almost no learning curve.
- Integration with other software tools, such as Slack.
- A learner can not print the material in an easy-to-read way.
- A lot of its tools are geared towards sales people.
I would not use it in an educational environment such as a school or university.
- Lesson.ly has learner-focused content. Clean, easy to navigate training content with text, video, images, GIFs, interactivity and quizzing.
- Their Lesson Builder tool makes creating content a breeze. We are able to add text, drag in images, link videos and create quizzes very quickly.
- Reporting and insights with Lesson.ly are great. Admins have access to reports that track completion and scores, as well as monitoring engagement and user satisfaction. This helps us tailor our courses to our audience.
- Learning paths help us ensure lessons are grouped in sequences that follow a logical order - so everyone is on a level playing field.
- They have something called “ask the expert” which is designed to allow users to quickly ask for clarification for a training module if needed, but this logic was a little clunky and notifications were not built in.
- The integrations are great overall but it would be nice if it integrated with more Regulatory systems like MasterControl.
- The instant search logic was sometimes not very smart. It would be nice to include label filters for courses.
- Lesson.ly does a great job of providing a way for learners to self-certify and test their knowledge on the content of the lesson. Both via Flip cards that provide a quick question and response. Learners can try and guess or answer and then immediately check to see if they were correct. You can also institute graded tests with multiple choice or written answers to verify knowledge of the user.
- Lesson.ly allows for both embedded video and image content which provides audiovisual learners to have a more effective and efficient learning experience. My favorite use of this feature was the inclusion of Gifs. Both to illustrate any simple concepts being taught and for the use of humor to keep the lessons from getting boring when going through several lessons in a row.
- Lesson.ly also does a great job of providing structure to your lessons. Building boards or modules allows you to group lessons together. It provides a clear way for clients or employees to proceed to the next lesson upon the completion of their current lesson.
- Navigating through finished lessons can be challenging especially if you have completed a large number of them.
- Lesson.ly is very user friendly, with intuitive design. I never had to train a team member to use the product - they instantly understood what they needed to do once they received a push notification in their email account.
- The Lesson.ly team provides incredible customer service and are very responsive to needs. They have always responded quickly to my concerns.
- The product works! Our employees have a better way to interact with training materials and to ensure that learning is a regular occurrence.
- I would like to see the reporting/gradebook and administrative dashboards improve so I have better insight into the learning experience.
- Content creation and management - easy to build and share paths and lessons, no training required. Easy access to insights library
- Exercise tracking - easy to assign tasks to people and monitor completion
- Feedback - easy to collect lesson feedback to further improve content
- It would be great to have a mobile app to learn on the go like Google Primer
- More editing options for lessons
- Content export / import into or from various file formats
- Lesson.ly is a great training tool. Our new hires have the opportunity to review and reference a large amount of information about our organization quickly and easily.
- Creating lesson.ly's is fairly easy. We have multiple members of our organization using Lesson.ly, and a large amount of training hasn't be required to get employees up to speed.
- Our employees, no matter how long they have been with the organization, can access Lesson.ly at any time. Many of our employees use Lesson.ly as a reference tool for various aspects of our organization. Having a catalog of information at the ready is very helpful for our employees.
- Lesson.ly allows leadership within our organization to provide feedback to everyone in an easily digestible way. We have created lesson.ly's to provide feedback after all-staff meetings and organizational surveys. Additionally, some of our departments use Lesson.ly to send out newsletter-like information.
- This could just be user error, but Lesson.ly doesn't seem to allow for lessons utilizing different mediums. Not everyone absorbs information simply by reading, so having the opportunity to include video, links, etc. easily, would be best. More customization would be great!
- Because of the different departments that use lesson.ly, the organization of the lesson.lys can be a little chaotic. It just seems the more you add, the more unorganized it feels.
- Customer service friendly and attentive, but it doesn't feel like customer feedback is really being heard and/or implemented. It does not seem as though many changes have been made since we started using the software.
- The overall look of the program is a bit boring/plain. It would be nice to be able to customize this!
The business problems it addresses include getting new teammates up to speed on company history, product knowledge, team structure, etc.
- Makes learning interactive.
- Gamifies the completion process.
- Includes media e.g. photos.
- A more exciting UI - more pop-up interactions.
- Push notifications for task reminders.
- Easier login / less friction.
Not as effective if you are trying to study and memorize something.
Not the best user interface or experience - can seem dull at times.
- A central hub to train and equip new reps at our company. Lesson.ly lets us standardize our training and gives our team a way to share training information in a reproducible way.
- I've appreciated the quiz and certification abilities of Lesson.ly. It's flexible enough that you can have super in-depth quizzes, light quizzes or a simple signing of your name that you completed the certification. The versatility is nice and allows for me to keep my team accountable.
- While Lesson.ly is great for new employee onboarding, it's also great for getting out new knowledge updates out to the team and making sure they are continuing in product education. If there's a product or process update, Lesson.ly is great for rolling that new information to the team!
- Lesson.ly is pretty barebones in the realm of UI/UX. It's very much on the user to customize everything. The product isn't super pretty and sometimes feels like an early 2000s interface. It works though, so who cares right? Naw, I guess I care. A sexy product always feels better when using it. That's why people keep buying Apple products. Make it sleek!
- I wish organization of assignments was a little cleaner. It kind of feels messy as square blocks. Would be cool to have them in folders or something to minimize scrolling.
- I've found that a some of my employees find Lesson.lys boring. While some of that is the nature of the material that we put in, I believe a more interactive interface would serve the attention of my employees.
It isn't suited for kinesthetic learners as it's not entirely engaging in its interface and functionality. You should be able to assign the learner a task in lesson.ly to go do something that is hands-on though!
Lessonly Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Lessonly is training software with an ecosystem of partners, strategy and services that are aligned under the mantra of Do Better Work.
The vendor has worked with over 800 companies to help them train their teams. The vendor says they've learned that the highest performing organizations build their training on the same six pillars:
- Assess (Gather Needs & Inputs) Listen to people, data, and the market; identify successes and challenges; and accurately assess your sales team's training needs.
- Plan (Prioritize for Impact) Identify the most essential objectives and outcomes, and intentionally set milestones for creation and delivery.
- Build (Create Quickly & Collaboratively) Work with teammates at the front lines of the business to develop and iterate on bite-sized training/content.
- Learn (Meet Learners Where They Are) Push training content to teammates-- anywhere, anytime-- so they can quickly solve problems in their moment of need.
- Practice (Rehearse, Refine, Repeat) Reinforce skills and information with realistic practice scenarios and receive feedback to fuel improvement.
- Perform (Doing Better Work) Empower the organization to continuously improve, deliver and quantify results.
The results? Faster onboarding, higher NPS score, more closed deals and a superior customer experience.
Lessonly Support Options
Lessonly Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central/Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Australia|
|Supported Languages:||Filipino, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, Vietnamese|