LexisNexis PCLaw Reviews

Sean Conroy profile photo
As a small firm, and being the office manager, I am the main user of PCLaw. I input the time that our attorneys forward, expenses, invoices, and bill at the end of the month. At my previous firm, we had 40-50 employees, so multiple people would have access to PCLaw in order to input time and work on billing. Usually, the accounting department would have full access, and the support staff/attorneys would be able to input time and run reports.

This software is easy enough to use that we do not need to hire an accounting professional to be able to run on a day-to-day basis. It is very easy to put in lawyer's time and get bills out quickly to clients, which helps our cash flow.
  • The software can hold a decent amount of matters, which works great being an IP firm with multiple (sometimes hundreds) of matters for each client.
  • Entry of time/expenses/invoices is very easy once the software is initially set up.
  • The software allows you to fully customize your invoices.
  • Like I said in my pros, it can hold a lot of matters. But, if your firm is very large, PCLaw may not be the best option. My old firm grew to the point where they had to switch because they had too many matters for the system to hold.
  • The software is definitely dated, and I have some issues with crashing and other weird/buggy behavior. I have to set the default printer every time I log on in order to avoid multiple pop-ups when trying to print a document/report (which definitely doesn't take much time, but it can get annoying).
If you're a law firm who has a lot of clients/matters, PCLaw may not be available for you. My old firm grew to a point where they had to switch to Juris because they had too many matters in the system. If you're a smaller firm who needs an accounting software that is easy to use and can quickly get bills out to get you paid, this is a great product.
Read Sean Conroy's full review

LexisNexis PCLaw Scorecard Summary

About LexisNexis PCLaw

LexisNexis offers PCLaw, a practice management software that focuses on automating and streamlining the administrative tasks associated to managing a law firm.

LexisNexis PCLaw Technical Details