Reviews (1-2 of 2)
October 22, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
We use Liferay DXP extensively to manage our content. It allows the business to make content updates with out the need for code deployments.
Read Jake Smith's full review
Well suited for large enterprise-level projects that need customizable implementations.
My current organization works with hundreds of other organizations to provide Healthcare related benefits. To support these benefits there are multiple applications/sites built on traditional application frameworks. However, as more and more client applications/sites were desired, along with the need for supporting new regulatory and market requirements, it became apparent that a different approach was needed. After extensive evaluation and research, the organization picked Liferay Portal as the base platform for new development and delivery of access to existing systems.
- OpenSource: Liferay is open source portal framework so developers can easily extend or customize it for their organization or department based on their requirement.
- OutOfBox: Liferay Portal is not only a portal platform. It also provides a 60+ applications and tools included in the form of portlets. These portlets are available out of the box or in the form of plugins.
- MarketPlace: Liferay has it own market place (i.e app store) where developer or contributors are contributing their ideas (application) so community can use it freely (some are paid).
- Enterprise-Ready Portal Solution: It is fully ready to support mission-critical, enterprise applications in an environment configured for multiple redundancies and 24/7 up-times.
- High Availability and High Performance: Liferay Portal has been tested to support more than 3,000 concurrent transactions (33,000 simultaneous users) on a single 8-core application server, with mean login times under one second and maximum ½ throughput of 79+ logins per second. Liferay Portal has proven to handle millions of page views and over 1.3 million users.
- Liferay Portal is also deployable to the Cloud and virtual server environments and ensures high availability and performance with: Hardware/Software Load Balancing, HTTP Failover, Session Replication
- Distributed Cache using Lightweight Multicast Protocol
- Terracotta, Oracle RAC, and other scalability solutions
- Portal Security: It has good security model but in few areas it requires improvement.
- Encrypt LDAP passwords on import
- Log in should be via SSL by default
- Upgrade/patch process should include an alert in the control panel
- Add virus scan for uploaded files
- Server Administration
- Garbage Collector should be able to be scheduled to run from the control panel
- Reindexing should be able to be scheduled from the control panel
- Provide GUI to change the default Liferay favorite icon to any desired logo
- LDAP mapping GUI to custom Liferay attributes
- Configurations: Less configurations from properties files and provide more GUI to update from control panel.
Read Varun Shah's full review
Liferay Portal is a framework which comes with a fine grained security/permission model, (Web) Content Management, Authentication and Authorization, outbox portlets with different features to manage content or users. So if any business application has below questions then I can recommend not to use Liferay as a platform.
- Application is big but not content or user driven.
- Application with few static contents.
- Application with batch transactions(DB) i.e. insert , update db records in batch.
- Application with ERP capabilities.
- Application with Big Data support.
Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) Scorecard Summary
About Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP)
Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) Screenshots
Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) forms experience was designed to make generating forms simple and straightforward while offering flexibility and deep integration with back end systems.Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) was designed with usability and beauty in mind.Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) features a unified look and feel that makes site administration a breeze.Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) forms experience was designed to make generating forms simple and straightforward while offering flexibility and deep integration with back end systems.Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) comes with blogs out-of-the-box, designed to give enterprises a slick blogging experience similar to what they're used to with consumer platforms.Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) was designed with usability and beauty in mind.Manage documents, video, audio, images and other media types in a unified repository. Allow groups to store, tag, lock and search for assets, use them on site pages or download them for use offline.Deliver mobile ready experiences on one development platform.An all-in-one, integrated development environment for building apps and modules. Developer Studio makes it easy to use project creation wizards to create modular projects based on Maven, Gradle and bndtools.
Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Email email@example.com for pricing information.
Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, CentOS, Debian, IBM AIX, Oracle Linux, Oracle Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise, SUSE Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Catalan, Chinese, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Farsi/Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|