LinkedIn Learning Review

April 22, 2021
I have used Lynda.com since they first opened, prior to online course offerings. Their initial classes were delivered on CD-ROM and I was …

It's not much, but it works.

September 28, 2020
LinkedIn Learning (or Lynda.com) is available to all employees of our organization. The intent was to allow users to train themselves or …

Great video tutorials and training

February 28, 2020
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is an educational tool used by everyone in the organization to upgrade their skills and knowledge in …

Online learning for everyone!

October 18, 2019
Lynda.com is used across the organization and allows the individuals like me to keep their work skills fresh, to learn new ones and to …

Lynda is value for your money!

October 15, 2019
Lynda is being used by the Directors at Flambo Media to ensure we keep on top of industry-related trends.
In the near future, we would like …

Lynda.com is such a great investment

March 27, 2019
At a higher education institute, Lynda.com is available to students and staff for professional and personal development. Lynda.com is …

Great educational resource

December 26, 2018
Lynda.com is an amazing instructional, educational website. We have contracted with Lynda to serve up instructional videos that our …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com), and make your voice heard!

What is LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)?

Lynda.com (now offered as part of LinkedIn Learning) is an elearning course library acquired and now supported by LinkedIn in May 2015.

6 people want pricing too

What is Coursera?

Coursera is a learning management platform from the company of the same name in Mountain View, California.

What is Udemy for Business?

Udemy for Business is a cloud-deployed elearning course collection offered by Udemy.com.

LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) Technical Details

What is LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)?

What is LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)'s best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.6.

Who uses LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)?

The most common users of LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Arthur Kegerreis | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Lynda.com's Macromedia and Adobe software classes gave me a foundation to work professionally as a web designer, helping scores of clients build their businesses, increase their revenue, create passive income streams, and bolster their professional credibility.
  • Lynda.com's G-Suite Administration course, and related Google courses, enabled me and our team to set up and implement our G-Suite software, which became fundamental to our team meetings, role-based email account roll-out, and registration for our events. Some people had mentioned Google's help features as being exceptional, but I found the Lynda.com classes much more succinct and they got me and our team up to speed efficiently.
  • LinkedIn's takeover of Lynda.com is leaving me ready to jump ship. The poor handling of the account migration seems likely to foreshadow more problems with a big corporation that cares nothing about its customers.
Cedric Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It has allowed me to expand my client/customer base and improve in reaching out to people and relating to them.
  • It has allowed me to brush up on some things and keep up with new improvements in my many fields.
  • It also has eliminated a lot of the time crunch and scheduling of getting things done when having to take a course versus the old days.
Matt LeMaire, B.A., M.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Positive: Overall decreased staff development costs by bringing much of the universal learning within one platform.
  • Positive: Stronger staff involvement in learning and development opportunities as we leverage the platform to focus on their accomplishments and provide rewards.
  • Negative (somewhat): I wish that there was more industry-focused training available as it mostly sticks to universally used software (which is good), but industry-specific training would bring it all together very nicely.
Viveka von Rosen | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I've learned things for business that I would have had to pay a lot more money for if I was hiring a coach or consultant.
  • I found experts/trainers that I was able to hire from their courses online.
  • I've learned things I don't "need" but enjoyed.
  • I dipped my toes into things I thought I wanted to learn (Adobe Photoshop) and definitely decided NOT to spend my time on! But fortunately, I did not spend money on the training. Nothing against the course; I am graphically impaired.
Sara Rogers | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Great way to learn more features of software platforms you use daily
  • Great way to self guide you to new ways of doing things
  • Convenient way for staff to educate themselves when they have the down time
Rocky Kev | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • We were using freelancers to make PDF material. Our team wanted to bring it in-house for better quality control, and a member was up and ready to build PDFs within hours thanks to LinkedIn Learning.
  • I was tasked with setting up a new database and wasn't sure what other options existed or their pros/cons. I watched a few LinkedIn Learning courses around specific databases, and what it's best at. It allowed me to bring that knowledge back to my team to make a better decision.
  • My team had used a third-party service to buy ads, but we felt left in the dark and only gave us surface-level reports. I took a few courses on Google Analytics to learn how the software is used. I discovered some new opportunities thanks to the knowledge that even our provider didn't know existed.
  • Increased the number of services we can now provide to clients.
  • Subscription to Lynda saved us from having to enroll in expensive college courses to stay up-to-date with industry trends.
  • Offering free Lynda courses to our employees will show them we care about continuous learning and encourage them to stay with our company longer.
Mitchell Clements | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • LinkedIn Learning has helped "level up" individuals in their skill sets, thus providing great expertise and value in their work.
  • LinkedIn Learning, just like all learning platforms, requires an initial investment of time and effort. If an employee isn't staying long term, then the cost of both the subscription and the time spent on it could ultimately not pay off for the company.
MaryAnn Jackson, MA | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Lynda has helped increase professional certifications within the department. Certifications have made the professionals who desire to move up or out of the company more competitive.
  • Lynda has provided professionals with an opportunity to self-develop which has enhanced the quality of our professionals.
Joshua Henke | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Records employee development. My company is big on employee development (investment). Fortunately, my boss trusts me when I say I took certain courses, but I can also show him that I did.
  • Being easy to use, I'm motivated to use it. Videos are easy on the eyes, most of the speakers are exceptionally easy to understand, and there are live captions to further facilitate understanding (and finishing fast!).
  • With the playist option, it is essentially possible to disseminate company views and goals.
December 13, 2017

Review of lynda.com

Ai Ashe | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I can't think of a negative impact that Lynda.com has when it relates to the extensive library of training software that is available to subscribers. I'm lucky that my job provides a free subscription for instructors. I use Lynda.com to hone in on my technical skills.
Benjamin Brogdon | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • ROI has been positive. I've needed to know how to use an application, and lynda.com has helped me develop my skills. I know more after taking a lynda.com course than I did before it. That increase in knowledge and skills translates into greater productivity.
  • To be fair, I've never paid for a lynda.com license. I've used the licenses of former employers, and our public library has licensing deals with lynda.com for patrons. Since I have $0 invested in lynda.com, any knowledge gains represent a significant ROI.