LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018

Matt LeMaire, B.A., M.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 23, 2020

A great way to enhance the learning outcomes for your team

Return on Investment

• Positive: Overall decreased staff development costs by bringing much of the universal learning within one platform.
  • Positive: Stronger staff involvement in learning and development opportunities as we leverage the platform to focus on their accomplishments and provide rewards.
  • Negative (somewhat): I wish that there was more industry-focused training available as it mostly sticks to universally used software (which is good), but industry-specific training would bring it all together very nicely.
Read Matt LeMaire, B.A., M.A.'s full review
Viveka von Rosen | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 22, 2020

Lucking out with LinkedIn Learning

Return on Investment

• I've learned things for business that I would have had to pay a lot more money for if I was hiring a coach or consultant.
  • I found experts/trainers that I was able to hire from their courses online.
  • I've learned things I don't "need" but enjoyed.
  • I dipped my toes into things I thought I wanted to learn (Adobe Photoshop) and definitely decided NOT to spend my time on! But fortunately, I did not spend money on the training. Nothing against the course; I am graphically impaired.
Read Viveka von Rosen's full review
Rocky Kev | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

I've found new career paths thanks to LinkedIn Learning

Return on Investment

• We were using freelancers to make PDF material. Our team wanted to bring it in-house for better quality control, and a member was up and ready to build PDFs within hours thanks to LinkedIn Learning.
  • I was tasked with setting up a new database and wasn't sure what other options existed or their pros/cons. I watched a few LinkedIn Learning courses around specific databases, and what it's best at. It allowed me to bring that knowledge back to my team to make a better decision.
  • My team had used a third-party service to buy ads, but we felt left in the dark and only gave us surface-level reports. I took a few courses on Google Analytics to learn how the software is used. I discovered some new opportunities thanks to the knowledge that even our provider didn't know existed.
Read Rocky Kev's full review
Jenna Boodram | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2019

Lynda is value for your money!

Return on Investment

• Increased the number of services we can now provide to clients.
  • Subscription to Lynda saved us from having to enroll in expensive college courses to stay up-to-date with industry trends.
  • Offering free Lynda courses to our employees will show them we care about continuous learning and encourage them to stay with our company longer.
Read Jenna Boodram's full review
Mitchell Clements | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2019

The best way to "level up" your employees

Return on Investment

• LinkedIn Learning has helped "level up" individuals in their skill sets, thus providing great expertise and value in their work.
  • LinkedIn Learning, just like all learning platforms, requires an initial investment of time and effort. If an employee isn't staying long term, then the cost of both the subscription and the time spent on it could ultimately not pay off for the company.
Read Mitchell Clements's full review
Roy Zumbado Cognuchz | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2019

Brilliant learning portal

Return on Investment

• It allows us to train staff on new technologies and offer that knowledge to our customers. Especially the newest, hard ones to find.
  • Our staff learns new skills and they apply them to their current projects, it's translated into more value, improved development speed, and better code quality.
  • Administrative staff learns vital skills and abilities to do their job better.
Read Roy Zumbado Cognuchz's full review
MaryAnn Jackson, MA | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 03, 2018

Lynda: The Best System for Personal or Professional Development

Return on Investment

• Lynda has helped increase professional certifications within the department. Certifications have made the professionals who desire to move up or out of the company more competitive.
  • Lynda has provided professionals with an opportunity to self-develop which has enhanced the quality of our professionals.
Read MaryAnn Jackson, MA's full review
Joshua Henke | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2018

Great learning tool. Feels like YouTube with a business focus

Return on Investment

• Records employee development. My company is big on employee development (investment). Fortunately, my boss trusts me when I say I took certain courses, but I can also show him that I did.
  • Being easy to use, I'm motivated to use it. Videos are easy on the eyes, most of the speakers are exceptionally easy to understand, and there are live captions to further facilitate understanding (and finishing fast!).
  • With the playist option, it is essentially possible to disseminate company views and goals.
Read Joshua Henke's full review
December 17, 2018

Excellent educational resource

Return on Investment

• In our use of this website, we've received tremendous positive feedback from the users. A lot of employes and students are benefiting from this service to help improve their skill sets.
December 26, 2018

Great educational resource

Return on Investment

• Ever since we've adopted the use of this website for employee training, we've received excellent feedback from its users. It has proven effective in improving our employee's skill sets gradually.
Ai Ashe | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2017

Review of lynda.com

Return on Investment

• I can't think of a negative impact that Lynda.com has when it relates to the extensive library of training software that is available to subscribers. I'm lucky that my job provides a free subscription for instructors. I use Lynda.com to hone in on my technical skills.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
Benjamin Brogdon | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 29, 2017

Lynda.com: massive and passive software training library

Return on Investment

• ROI has been positive. I've needed to know how to use an application, and lynda.com has helped me develop my skills. I know more after taking a lynda.com course than I did before it. That increase in knowledge and skills translates into greater productivity.
  • To be fair, I've never paid for a lynda.com license. I've used the licenses of former employers, and our public library has licensing deals with lynda.com for patrons. Since I have $0 invested in lynda.com, any knowledge gains represent a significant ROI.
Read Benjamin Brogdon's full review
Brett Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 12, 2017

Learn to never stop learning.

Return on Investment

• For personal use, it is difficult to associate an ROI. How do you put a price on knowledge? On entertainment? Ultimately Lynda.com provides both, and at a fair market price for the tools being provided. Ultimately you can make your own experience, based on desire and dedication to your goals.
  • From a business standpoint, Lynda.com could certainly pose beneficial in the training and onboarding of employees, developing new content knowledge, making technical and vendor decisions, etc. There's no such thing as too much knowledge; Lynda.com is the vehicle to a lot of vital knowledge.
Read Brett Jones's full review

About LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)

Lynda.com (now offered as part of LinkedIn Learning) is an elearning course library acquired and now supported by LinkedIn in May 2015.