LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018

Rocky Kev | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The first thing I do at any company is review their resource material. Tech moves quickly, and ensuring that they have a library of excellent resources is reflective of the type of people and culture of the company.

In my team, we are constantly learn new things. And LinkedIn Learning is vital to quick training.
Read Rocky Kev's full review
Jason White | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We switched our entire learning system for our company over to LinkedIn Learning, last year. It is our primary source for skills training, as well as for a lot of technical training, now. It is used for everything from basic customer service skills, to project management, to training for specific applications.
Read Jason White's full review
Sara Rogers | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

There are a number of people in our marketing department that have access to LinkedIn Learning. We find it extremely valuable to be able for people to teach themselves how to do things with software that they may not already know how to do. It is useful because many times someone can watch a 20 minute training and not have to instead attend an external conference or training outside the office.
Read Sara Rogers's full review
Irina Danilova | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Lynda.com is used across the organization and allows the individuals like me to keep their work skills fresh, to learn new ones and to keep in the loop with modern technologies. Lynda.com is constantly refreshing the course offerings and provides a variety of learning paths and it is very important in the days of constantly changing technology.
Read Irina Danilova's full review
Jenna Boodram | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Lynda is being used by the Directors at Flambo Media to ensure we keep on top of industry-related trends.
In the near future, we would like to make Lynda courses available to all employees. It will save our company money by giving employees access to do Lynda courses instead of paying for them to attend expensive conferences.
Read Jenna Boodram's full review
Mitchell Clements | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

LinkedIn Learning was available to individuals to further develop their skills in UX design. It was never required, however, it was available as an option along with several other resources including books. Most of us were newer to UX design at the time, so Lynda was a great resource to really help level up our skills through quality courses.
Read Mitchell Clements's full review
Roy Zumbado Cognuchz | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2019

Brilliant learning portal

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Lynda as a learning portal for our company, we don't have a formal learning and development team, so we take advantage of Lynda's industry relevant and updated courses to keep us and our staff aligned on best practices, new technologies and ways to do our work. The experts and materials are great, I use it on my Apple TV and Fire Stick TV to consume knowledge. It's easy to use and navigation is intuitive.
Read Roy Zumbado Cognuchz's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

At a higher education institute, Lynda.com is available to students and staff for professional and personal development. Lynda.com is available across the whole institution.
Michelle Braun | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our subscription to Lynda.com is used across the firm. Historically, the training offered at DHG has been primarily ILT (instructor-led training) that are offered in classrooms at set dates and times. So if a team member needed to learn a skill but the training wasn't available for several months, there was no option for them besides reading a book. Lynda.com provides a variety of on-demand classes that employees can access from the comfort of their computers at a time that suits their schedule.
Read Michelle Braun's full review
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Lynda is one of the best one stop shops for learning new software. Lynda's unique relationship with some of the world's best professionals lets them create great learning videos that can't be matched. We use it in our on-boarding process at my work for new employees or existing employees expanding to new Adobe products.
Read Collin Berg's full review
MaryAnn Jackson, MA | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Currently, Lynda is being used for department-wide professional development. We have been focusing on specific topic areas that would help us be better professionals and educators. For example, a topic we as a department were trained on was Emotional Intelligence. Our HR rep took us through a couple of modules and we were tasked with finishing modules at home to complete the course. You can see a large difference in decision making and intentional conversations that staff members have had post-Lynda training.

Lynda has helped solve the issue of providing amazing professional development for staff members with a limited department budget. Lynda offers a wide range of modules that can be taken in a group setting or at-home.
Read MaryAnn Jackson, MA's full review
Joshua Henke | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use lynda.com for training and development across the entire company. Beefs up knowledge for individuals or entire groups, and even improves the possibility of intra-company job transfers. It's easy to share a good course with a colleague who may struggle with office politics or understanding data analytics.
Read Joshua Henke's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

At my previous position at a state university, we initially signed up with Lynda.com to provide training videos for employees and staff. Lynda.com has a huge collection of educational material that is accessible in a very interactive manner. Following the success of the website with employees we rolled out a campus initiative to allow access to students as well. It was a huge success and we gained lots of positive feedback for that.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Lynda.com is an amazing instructional, educational website. We have contracted with Lynda to serve up instructional videos that our internal staff and administrators use on a regular basis. We use it for enhancing our workforce's skill sets.
Chris Salles | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

lynda.com is being utilized throughout our organization. It helps us tackle the problem of time, relevancy, and customization as it related to professional development. lynda.com adds a plethora of learning options for a myriad different disciplines. Whether you're a software engineer or a corporate executive, lynda.com has options that provide self-directed learning for them and everyone in between.
Read Chris Salles's full review
Alexander Perrigo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Currently, my organization is not utilizing Lynda.com, nor the departments. I personally utilize it for educational purposes to either refresh previous training in programming, infrastructure, or business practices. I do have plans to have plans to recommend it as an avenue of re-education or continued education in-line with certifications that would be utilized in the current industry.
Read Alexander Perrigo's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used lynda.com in my previous organization as a counterpart and aid to media marketing, specifically used for people not involved in the production who needed to get up to speed on projects, software, certain tasks, etc. Lynda was used as an introduction and informative partner in various types of media, particularly video production.
Rocky Banks | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it for mostly business productivity applications training. Any graphics design training needs we need have also been met with lynda.com. The entire organization has a login by the department. Now, lynda.com has expanded into many areas of programming and IT operations support and applications.
Read Rocky Banks's full review
Ai Ashe | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2017

Review of lynda.com

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Lynda.com is used as a resource for software training for both instructors and students. It is used by all areas of studies as the website contains numerous software training that is relevant to the courses offered at the Art Institute. Lynda.com also provides completion certificates that instructors can use to apply as professional development points.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
Benjamin Brogdon | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

All of my comments about lynda.com are my own personal opinions and do not represent the views of the firm. I'm providing my personal views independent of my current employer.

I can't really speak to how others in my organization use lynda.com. It is not a part of any of our formal training programs. I use it outside of work when I need to brush up on my software skills. I know that others do as well, but it would not be accurate to say that it is used by our organization.
Read Benjamin Brogdon's full review
Brett Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The whole world is moving to an online method. Lynda.com has quickly become an incredible vehicle for knowledge transfer and learning. Someone can learn what they want, as often as they want, entirely at their own pace. Excellent quality lessons available for all shapes and sizes of use-cases.

Though my experience is based on personal usage, it's easy to see the positive impact Lynda.com can have within an organization for any number of use cases. Excellent training content can help with ramping up employees, onboarding, learning new programs, use-cases, tactics, tips, etc.
Read Brett Jones's full review
Tina Francis | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2017

Lynda.com rocks!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use it for my job to learn new skills like advanced Excel skills, SharePoint, AEM, Visio, JIRA, etc. I look there before anywhere else. I'm glad my company purchased a license for my group.
Read Tina Francis's full review
Erika Schaefer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I as well as everyone in my company are encouraged to set aside time in their schedules to utilize this amazing tool every week.

I have used it to brush up on my Excel skills and to learn how to better myself and make myself more useful to my company by learning about project management. I can learn from so many areas of education with Lynda.com, from creative and design, to IT programming to computer basics.
Read Erika Schaefer's full review
Michael Martinez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Currently, we are using Lynda.com for professional development and cross-training. We have employees take training based on what they would like to learn as well as filling in the gaps on what others know. It is being used across our organization but we are using floating licenses.
Read Michael Martinez's full review
Tejashwi Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used as a medium to train people on various finance and accounting topics. We have also used it to help people clear CFA Level 1 exams in the past. The most important problem that Lynda solves is [having] the connectivity to a wide audience and it makes it easy to market your course. Also Lynda is important in terms of using online resources during video classes to help my clients to better understand a concept.
Read Tejashwi Kumar's full review

About LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)

Lynda.com (now offered as part of LinkedIn Learning) is an elearning course library acquired and now supported by LinkedIn in May 2015.