Great educational resource

December 26, 2018
Lynda.com is an amazing instructional, educational website. We have contracted with Lynda to serve up instructional videos that our …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com), and make your voice heard!

What is LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)?

Lynda.com (now offered as part of LinkedIn Learning) is an elearning course library acquired and now supported by LinkedIn in May 2015.

6 people want pricing too

What is Coursera?

Coursera is a learning management platform from the company of the same name in Mountain View, California.

What is Udemy for Business?

Udemy for Business is a cloud-deployed elearning course collection offered by Udemy.com.

LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) Technical Details

What is LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)?

What is LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)'s best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.6.

Who uses LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)?

The most common users of LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Arthur Kegerreis | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Lynda.com since they first opened, prior to online course offerings. Their initial classes were delivered on CD-ROM and I was an early alpha and beta tester for them. Personally I continue to use their classes to get up to speed on new software. They no longer offer classes for legacy software versions, unfortunately, which is a terrible limitation of their usefulness to me. I also have used their classes to get a large non-profit team I work with up to speed on software we use collectively. I have frequently recommended Lynda.com to clients so we could work collaboratively with graphical assets. I have continued to subscribe because I loved the company - before it was acquired by LinkedIn. Now I'm on the verge of canceling.
Cedric Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use LinkedIn Learning to keep up on current trends, training practices, and also new fields of study. I use LIL in understanding the current career fields and also relating to others in different fields. It addresses for me what hurdles people go through to be and remain top in their field and relate to theirs in that field.
Jaymason Gallien | TrustRadius Reviewer
LinkedIn Learning (or Lynda.com) is available to all employees of our organization. The intent was to allow users to train themselves or increase their own skill sets. Any employee is able to access it, but I find that very few are actually using it often, if at all. It is most used by our technical personnel.
Matt LeMaire, B.A., M.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using LinkedIn Learning as a means to bolster our team's development. One of our concerns as a smaller organization was finding ways to enhance our team's skillsets and attributes without a significant overall cost. Moreover, we wanted a solution that was adaptable and provided a means for our team to access both in and out of the office. Instead of looking externally for all of our training needs, we are able to keep the costs fixed for a large portion of our training through LinkedIn Learning and provide curated content to employees to enhance their skills.
Viveka von Rosen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a HUGE fan of LinkedIn Learning and have been a user since it was Lynda.com. The sheer variety of courses and the extremely high quality of the courses make it the best value on the market. For LinkedIn users who have gaps in their learning, who want to pivot and learn new skills, or who just want to round out their knowledge, LinkedIn Learning is an invaluable tool for learners of all ages.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is an educational tool used by everyone in the organization to upgrade their skills and knowledge in specific areas. I personally use it for education in the technological field as well as for graphic design. It is a great way to have employees trained online in their own time and considering their own availability. This is a great alternative to attending post-secondary classes.Videos are easy to follow and well instructed. The variety of information provided is an excellent way to broaden skills.
Jason White | TrustRadius Reviewer
We switched our entire learning system for our company over to LinkedIn Learning, last year. It is our primary source for skills training, as well as for a lot of technical training, now. It is used for everything from basic customer service skills, to project management, to training for specific applications.
Sara Rogers | TrustRadius Reviewer
There are a number of people in our marketing department that have access to LinkedIn Learning. We find it extremely valuable to be able for people to teach themselves how to do things with software that they may not already know how to do. It is useful because many times someone can watch a 20 minute training and not have to instead attend an external conference or training outside the office.
Irina Danilova | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lynda.com is used across the organization and allows the individuals like me to keep their work skills fresh, to learn new ones and to keep in the loop with modern technologies. Lynda.com is constantly refreshing the course offerings and provides a variety of learning paths and it is very important in the days of constantly changing technology.
Rocky Kev | TrustRadius Reviewer
The first thing I do at any company is review their resource material. Tech moves quickly, and ensuring that they have a library of excellent resources is reflective of the type of people and culture of the company. In my team, we are constantly learn new things. And LinkedIn Learning is vital to quick training.
Lynda is being used by the Directors at Flambo Media to ensure we keep on top of industry-related trends.
In the near future, we would like to make Lynda courses available to all employees. It will save our company money by giving employees access to do Lynda courses instead of paying for them to attend expensive conferences.
Mitchell Clements | TrustRadius Reviewer
LinkedIn Learning was available to individuals to further develop their skills in UX design. It was never required, however, it was available as an option along with several other resources including books. Most of us were newer to UX design at the time, so Lynda was a great resource to really help level up our skills through quality courses.
Michelle Braun | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our subscription to Lynda.com is used across the firm. Historically, the training offered at DHG has been primarily ILT (instructor-led training) that are offered in classrooms at set dates and times. So if a team member needed to learn a skill but the training wasn't available for several months, there was no option for them besides reading a book. Lynda.com provides a variety of on-demand classes that employees can access from the comfort of their computers at a time that suits their schedule.
At my previous position at a state university, we initially signed up with Lynda.com to provide training videos for employees and staff. Lynda.com has a huge collection of educational material that is accessible in a very interactive manner. Following the success of the website with employees we rolled out a campus initiative to allow access to students as well. It was a huge success and we gained lots of positive feedback for that.
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lynda is one of the best one stop shops for learning new software. Lynda's unique relationship with some of the world's best professionals lets them create great learning videos that can't be matched. We use it in our on-boarding process at my work for new employees or existing employees expanding to new Adobe products.
MaryAnn Jackson, MA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, Lynda is being used for department-wide professional development. We have been focusing on specific topic areas that would help us be better professionals and educators. For example, a topic we as a department were trained on was Emotional Intelligence. Our HR rep took us through a couple of modules and we were tasked with finishing modules at home to complete the course. You can see a large difference in decision making and intentional conversations that staff members have had post-Lynda training.

Lynda has helped solve the issue of providing amazing professional development for staff members with a limited department budget. Lynda offers a wide range of modules that can be taken in a group setting or at-home.
Joshua Henke | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use lynda.com for training and development across the entire company. Beefs up knowledge for individuals or entire groups, and even improves the possibility of intra-company job transfers. It's easy to share a good course with a colleague who may struggle with office politics or understanding data analytics.
Chris Salles | TrustRadius Reviewer
lynda.com is being utilized throughout our organization. It helps us tackle the problem of time, relevancy, and customization as it related to professional development. lynda.com adds a plethora of learning options for a myriad different disciplines. Whether you're a software engineer or a corporate executive, lynda.com has options that provide self-directed learning for them and everyone in between.
Alexander Perrigo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, my organization is not utilizing Lynda.com, nor the departments. I personally utilize it for educational purposes to either refresh previous training in programming, infrastructure, or business practices. I do have plans to have plans to recommend it as an avenue of re-education or continued education in-line with certifications that would be utilized in the current industry.
We used lynda.com in my previous organization as a counterpart and aid to media marketing, specifically used for people not involved in the production who needed to get up to speed on projects, software, certain tasks, etc. Lynda was used as an introduction and informative partner in various types of media, particularly video production.
Rocky Banks | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for mostly business productivity applications training. Any graphics design training needs we need have also been met with lynda.com. The entire organization has a login by the department. Now, lynda.com has expanded into many areas of programming and IT operations support and applications.
December 13, 2017

Review of lynda.com

Ai Ashe | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lynda.com is used as a resource for software training for both instructors and students. It is used by all areas of studies as the website contains numerous software training that is relevant to the courses offered at the Art Institute. Lynda.com also provides completion certificates that instructors can use to apply as professional development points.
Benjamin Brogdon | TrustRadius Reviewer
All of my comments about lynda.com are my own personal opinions and do not represent the views of the firm. I'm providing my personal views independent of my current employer.

I can't really speak to how others in my organization use lynda.com. It is not a part of any of our formal training programs. I use it outside of work when I need to brush up on my software skills. I know that others do as well, but it would not be accurate to say that it is used by our organization.