The LinkedIn Publish Platform supports long-form content publishing and blogging by influencers.Linkedin Publishing Platform ReviewThe Linkedin Publishing Platform can be used by anyone. This can be beneficial to someone whom is trying to build their brand whether it is personal or professional. I feel the platform has contributed to making Linkedin what it is today. In previous roles, I have used the platform to recruit, post relevant content relating to the company, or to make announcements. One great thing about it is if someone engages my content, that person's connections are able to see that their connection engaged in my content - even if they have no connection with my company.,It allows a direct line of communication to professionals that follow your business online. Gives a company a dedicated space for their company to display whom they are, and what they do. Contributes to keeping your company relevant by posting content.,I was never a fan of the way people connect on the platform. For example, if I want to connect with someone I have to at least know them or their email address. There are situations whereas I want to connect with people whom I do not know. The platform is slowly turning into Facebook. More and more I see people posting things that do not belong. Linkedin is supposed to be a professional platform, I wish they would be more clear about that. People can and do post whatever they want, however some kind of reminder to people who use the platform would be nice.,9,My current company does not track ROI on the Linkedin platform.,Facebook for Business,Twitter AdsLinkedIn May Lose its publishers with the latest interface changes.LinkedIn Publisher helps me connect with my target audience: ambitious, mid-career professionals. It's a way for me to share valuable content that helps people manage their careers and grow my list/followership of potential clients.,I like how it lets you publish long form content. I love how it lets me copy and paste words and links from my Wordpress website, and it all comes over without me having to reinsert the links.,As LinkedIn rolls out its new interface, the Publishing Platform is losing some of what made it awesome before. Especially re: images. I've lost the ability to resize my graphic by clicking the resizing arrows that appear on the border of most applications. Now I'm stuck with the default size of the image, and all I can do is select whether it's left-aligned, right-aligned or centered. Another thing that seems to be getting worse is my ability to quickly see who's viewed, liked, shared and commented on a blog post. This inhibits my ability to engage with my readers. I had a client express surprise that I hadn't acknowledged her reaction to my article. The weird way it's set up now, I can't even see her comment. I used to be able to click "My articles" and see a checkerboard with tiles of a summary of my articles: Images + headlines + # of views/likes/shares. This checkerboard showed 3 - 4 of my article tiles per row. This was something I used regularly before publishing a new blog. It let me scan quickly to make sure I wasn't going to use the same image or headline as in a previous post. Now, when I go to view my articles, I have to slowly scroll though a long list that shows 1 image headline at a time, and doesn't let me see my analytics. It takes a lot longer to scroll through my 90+ articles. #Frustrating For some reason, I get a lot fewer views than I used to. On average, I used to get between 50 - 80 views per article. I even have one post that's grand [total is] 140,000+ views. Sadly, my most recent posts have gotten 8 - 20 views. My writing's gotten better over time, and I follow the guidelines LinkedIn offers in its Help section. And last year I aligned some of my content with LinkedIn's editorial calendar. I wish I knew what's driving the reduction in views. Is it me? Is it LinkedIn's new approach to Pulse and the Publishing platform? I'm starting to question whether publishing here is a good use of my time. It would be great if LinkedIn could give us a roadmap of what's changing and why - BEFORE & DURING the change. A few years ago, LinkedIn did a lot to encourage people to use the Publishing Platform. So I did what they asked, and got into the habit of publishing an article almost every week. With all its capabilities, I'd think LinkedIn could do an analysis of who's used the Publishing Platform seriously, frequently and ethically -- and communicate directly to us to let us know what's working well (and not-so-well) for them - and ask us what's working well (and not-so-well) for us. That could lead to some mutually-beneficial brainstorming of how to optimize things for everybody.,7,I think it raises the awareness of my SuperStar Careers brand. When I talk to people offline, they often tell me they read my articles and can give specific examples. I've had a few prospects reach out to me. In the past 2 years, I'd guess I've had up to 10 people reach out to me for a assistance.,WordPress, GetResponse, GoToWebinar
LinkedIn Publishing Platform

LinkedIn Publishing Platform Reviews

LinkedIn Publishing Platform
Filter 28 vetted LinkedIn Publishing Platform reviews and ratings
September 19, 2017

"Linkedin Publishing Platform Review"

• It allows a direct line of communication to professionals that follow your business online.
  • Gives a company a dedicated space for their company to display whom they are, and what they do.
  • Contributes to keeping your company relevant by posting content.
  • I was never a fan of the way people connect on the platform. For example, if I want to connect with someone I have to at least know them or their email address. There are situations whereas I want to connect with people whom I do not know.
  • The platform is slowly turning into Facebook. More and more I see people posting things that do not belong. Linkedin is supposed to be a professional platform, I wish they would be more clear about that. People can and do post whatever they want, however some kind of reminder to people who use the platform would be nice.
The platform is a great tool for someone trying to find a job. I have personally used the platform to help me get my current position and will use it again once I am back in the job market. There are some people out there who claim the platform is useless. In my opinion, if you see the LinkedIn platform as useless then you don't really understand how helpful it can be in the digital age of 2017.
Michelle Braun profile photo
March 17, 2017

LinkedIn Publishing Platform Review: "LinkedIn May Lose its publishers with the latest interface changes."

• I like how it lets you publish long form content.
  • I love how it lets me copy and paste words and links from my WordPress website, and it all comes over without me having to reinsert the links.
  • As LinkedIn rolls out its new interface, the Publishing Platform is losing some of what made it awesome before. Especially re: images. I've lost the ability to resize my graphic by clicking the resizing arrows that appear on the border of most applications. Now I'm stuck with the default size of the image, and all I can do is select whether it's left-aligned, right-aligned or centered.
  • Another thing that seems to be getting worse is my ability to quickly see who's viewed, liked, shared and commented on a blog post. This inhibits my ability to engage with my readers. I had a client express surprise that I hadn't acknowledged her reaction to my article. The weird way it's set up now, I can't even see her comment.
  • I used to be able to click "My articles" and see a checkerboard with tiles of a summary of my articles: Images + headlines + # of views/likes/shares. This checkerboard showed 3 - 4 of my article tiles per row. This was something I used regularly before publishing a new blog. It let me scan quickly to make sure I wasn't going to use the same image or headline as in a previous post. Now, when I go to view my articles, I have to slowly scroll though a long list that shows 1 image headline at a time, and doesn't let me see my analytics. It takes a lot longer to scroll through my 90+ articles. #Frustrating
  • For some reason, I get a lot fewer views than I used to. On average, I used to get between 50 - 80 views per article. I even have one post that's grand [total is] 140,000+ views. Sadly, my most recent posts have gotten 8 - 20 views. My writing's gotten better over time, and I follow the guidelines LinkedIn offers in its Help section. And last year I aligned some of my content with LinkedIn's editorial calendar. I wish I knew what's driving the reduction in views. Is it me? Is it LinkedIn's new approach to Pulse and the Publishing platform? I'm starting to question whether publishing here is a good use of my time.
  • It would be great if LinkedIn could give us a roadmap of what's changing and why - BEFORE & DURING the change. A few years ago, LinkedIn did a lot to encourage people to use the Publishing Platform. So I did what they asked, and got into the habit of publishing an article almost every week. With all its capabilities, I'd think LinkedIn could do an analysis of who's used the Publishing Platform seriously, frequently and ethically -- and communicate directly to us to let us know what's working well (and not-so-well) for them - and ask us what's working well (and not-so-well) for us. That could lead to some mutually-beneficial brainstorming of how to optimize things for everybody.
It seems like a great tool to offer valuable content and increase the visibility of my brand. I've learned it's not a good tool to try to sell directly.
Read Michelle Braun's full review