Score 8.5 out of 10
LinkedIn Sales Navigator

What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator?

LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a sales intelligence software solution offered by LinkedIn.

Best Lead Sourcing Tool

August 31, 2022
We use Sales Nav to source leads it provides a broad variety of filters that let us narrow down our search results. It offers insights and …

Expensive, But Awesome!

April 28, 2022
I've been using LinkedIn Sales Navigator for the past 5 years now. It's a powerful database tool for customer relationship management, as …

• Company information (171)
  • Advanced search (173)
  • Identification of new leads (171)
  • List quality (167)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and make your voice heard!

Professional

per month

Team

per license

Enterprise

Contact sales team

Features

Prospecting

Features related to generating leads and finding new contacts.

8Avg 7.8

Sales Intelligence Data Standards

How well does the contact, company, and industry information provided by the SI tool meet the user’s needs? Is the availability and quality of data satisfactory?

7.9Avg 7.8

Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification

Features around contact data management and lead intelligence.

7.7Avg 7.7

Sales Intelligence Email Features

Features that support sending emails to leads, especially initial emails to a list of prospects. May gather additional sales intelligence based on email engagement, adding additional info to the contact record and/or contributing to lead prioritization.

6.9Avg 7.9

What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator?

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Reviewers rate Company information highest, with a score of 8.5.

The most common users of LinkedIn Sales Navigator are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

Jim Peake | TrustRadius Reviewer
Great for generating leads however I feel problematic and time wasting because I cannot import the leads into Salesforce. They have the technology to import the leads but a product manager, from my experience, has decided that it does not suit their business unless I buy 20 Sales Navigator licenses. My only problem is I have less than 10 employees and not all would need Linked In Sales Navigator. Extremely disappointing. It feels like Big Tech hates the small business guy.
Vuyile Mthethwa | TrustRadius Reviewer
You should have a LinkedIn Sales Navigator account if you're an active job seeker or if you're a college student looking for internships. You shouldn't have a LinkedIn Sales Navigator account if you're an established professional who's content with your current sales manager, or if you're a business owner who doesn't need to hire any new employees.

Not suited if you don't prospect or personally do the outreaches for your business.
Flexible Saved Searches: I love how we can save a very complex search created for future use so that we don't have to repeat it again and again. The cherry on the top is that you can even share this saved search with your other colleagues having the LinkedIn Sales Navigator license. Access to Decision Makers: With a single click, I can filter out decision-makers in any company. This is again a time saver in many ways. Alerts and Reminders: which can be set custom-based covering specific use cases. For example - if prospect A changes companies today, I can get an alert for it on my email (the only drawback being I need to manually save this prospect in a list first).
Angelica Cleofe | TrustRadius Reviewer
It has aided us in connecting with companies and decision makers more quickly. The ability to search and research is extremely useful, and segmenting decision makers saves time when looking for a specific part of the organization, i.e. Finance, human resources, and so on.
it is great for prospecting- being able to filter out prospects and be more targeted in your outreach. Great insights into job growth, career postings, recent employee transitioning roles. I leverage linkedin for direct messaging, and it's great to be able to send messages even if it isn't a direct connection. LinkedIn allows a more personal touch, and helps with the omni channel approach in prospecting.

When targeting very specific companies or decision makers, [LinkedIn] Sales Navigator can work. Most people seem to check their LinkedIn messages and many get notifications on their phones when they get an InMail. There is a certain amount of inherit professionalism and trust with LinkedIn. If my company gave me an unlimited budget I would use it a lot more frequently. It's great to make an introduction or connection, build trust, and send the occasional important message or request.
Rod Thompson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We were looking to engage with the NHL for a custom product that is well suited to the league. Sales Navigator was instrumental in helping us find the right people who could make decisions. We developed a product for the QSR world and Sales Navigator gave us a ton of prospects to work with (many of whom have become clients).
Jordyn Leaver | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think the platform is beneficial to sales reps prospecting into certain accounts and being able to reach out via linkedin- as most people are more likely to read an in mail vs. an email. I do think there are some improvements on what can sync back and forth between salesforce as well as list building and exporting contacts.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is powerful, but I don't recommend it to most organizations, because the truth is that most clients just don't use the features that differentiate it from regular LinkedIn Premium. And trust me, I have implemented Sales Navigator and trained sales teams at multiple companies on how to use it. I've seen big investments in time and money fail to deliver because the hardest thing to change is human behavior.

It doesn't matter whether it's enterprise sales, inside sales, or sales development. Salespeople love LinkedIn Sales Navigator for only a few reasons. These are the features they use:
  1. Great search capabilities that make it easy to discover and research the right prospects
  2. See who's viewed your profile
  3. Integration/syncing with CRM and sales automation tools
  4. Centralized billing and user admin
That's all great, but you don't have to buy LinkedIn Sales Navigator to get #1 or #2, and it's hard to justify the cost of this very expensive product just to get #3 and #4.

Here are the other features that really make LinkedIn Sales Navigator worthwhile, if you can get your team to use them:
  1. InMail: Send up to 150 in one month (because you can roll over unused InMails)
  2. Saved leads, accounts, lists, and alerts (stalking your targets)
  3. TeamLink and TeamLink Extend (leveraging contacts of others in your enterprise)
I have rolled out all of these features to teams at multiple companies. I have built them into sales methodology. I have conducted training sessions with managers and sales professionals. I have published monthly reports showing managers who's using the features, and who isn't. I have told teams that if they don't use it, we're going to take it away. I have tried everything imaginable. What always happens is a spike in usage for a few days, then back to normal.

And here's what normal looks like: For every 100 users, 80% never use it for anything but conduct a search. 10% save a company or a lead. 10% send an occasional InMail. 0% ever come close to using their allotted number of InMails -- even when InMails are part of programmed sales cadences.

For a long time, I thought it was me, but the LinkedIn professional services and training teams that I've worked with have told me that "your engagement looks great... you're doing all the right things..." In other words, just having our users use any of the features at all put us among the more engaged LinkedIn S/N clients.

This is a VERY expensive product. It costs more than twice as much as LinkedIn Premium Business, and most users don't take advantage of the extra features. This is why LinkedIn won't let enterprises license and be billed for LinkedIn Premium Business for their employees (you have to use a credit card). If they did, they wouldn't be able to sell Sales Navigator. It's just not worth it.
VIKAS TIWARI (L.I.O.N) | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sales Navigator by far has been very helpful for research part be it territory research, latest market trends in industries, growth news about the company we are following; everything is available, one just have to know how to do the things and things are quite easy as well. We also get digest emails about the important information in case we missed to check on Navigator.
Kelly Wasden | TrustRadius Reviewer
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is definitely expensive, but for us, it is a critical component to our sales first driven organization. Depending on the size of your organization, the cost benefit here is closing just one more sales per rep or additional sales through a warm contact on LI that is mutual, etc. Any company that has a GTM team will greatly benefit from something like this. The main caveat being that the team is trained and knows HOW to use it. I have been at previous companies where people fought to have it only to never use it because they didn't know how to set up certain filters or use it properly.
It is definitely a must have for the Sales team as they seek out new business and making the right connections. It helps them categorize and store them as leads and using the InMail functionality makes it easier for communication and getting back responses.
You can filter by industry, vertical and market.
Yee Yek | TrustRadius Reviewer
As I mentioned, because LinkedIn is so monolithic, it really is solving its own problem so it's the best at what it does. To that end, I would recommend it if your team wanted to do social selling in a professional network. Really understand the sales enablement program you want to have before you purchase though, otherwise [I feel] you could be dumping a lot of money for nothing.
June 17, 2021

Great Outreach Tool

If you're working for a sales organization that focuses on tech-forward or enterprise companies, I think [LinkedIn] Sales Navigator is a fantastic tool. Reason I say that is because a lot of people in those fields are going to be on LinkedIn and are also active on the network which makes it a great tool for outreach. It's great to provide personalized outreach, like perhaps seeing a news article related to a prospect and following up with some marketing content from your company or just something in relation to the article/news.

It's a great tool to help warm up your outreach. Even if a person doesn't get in touch directly via LinkedIn, they may have seen your posts and messages so when you call or email, they are already familiar with who you are and may be more open to evaluating your company's product.
Matthew Bernstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is best suited when you are aware of the client that you are looking to target, yet are unaware of the correct person that you should be reaching out to. It is great in this scenario as it will not only provide the contact but how you are connected to said contact.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is best suited for business development reps who are looking to quickly campaign accounts and prospects alike. If your job is outbound focused or you have a green territory, LinkedIn Sales Navigator is one of the best tools on the market. I think it can be less appropriate for inbound business development or sales reps, however, it is still very useful in that situation.
Ritika Dhar | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is well suited for any organization's sales team if you're looking to find your target audience and want to find the right people for your product.
This tool helps really well with lead generation, database generation , engagement with stakeholders etc.
Social selling is an absolute critical skill for anyone in business development today, particularly given the implications of the coronavirus pandemic on travel and conferences. LinkedIn Sales Navigator is hands down the best platform for business professionals to network and connect with one another. It's great to be able to find decision makers in organizations that otherwise have very little information available about team members on their website.
If you are looking to identify people in industries that use LinkedIn regularly, LinkedIn Sales Navigator is an outstanding tool. On the other hand there are industries where people simply are not interested in posting on LinkedIn. There are particular industries and titles that don't prefer LinkedIn. Many engineering professionals avoid putting their names up or having many connections.
If you deal with large company sales or prospecting I'd say LI Sales Navigator is needed. I worked at a company where I dealt with the owner all the time and it was pretty cut and dry. LI Sales Navigator didn't really help much there. There was no guessing who was who. I'd say 80% of salespeople will need it, for that 20% I'd say ask yourself if most of your prospects are on LinkedIn and if so, do you work with companies with a big hierarchy that impacts the sale but might not always be on your calls. If the answer is yes then LI Sales Navigator is needed.