LinkedIn Talent is a recruiting software solution offered by LinkedIn.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/M3/ue/IUM56JBZCEI5.jpegLeverage LinkedIn Talent to bolster your pipelines!At Segment, we use LinkedIn Talent to organize our sourcing efforts and to try to find the best talent on the market for specific roles that we are trying to fill each quarter. This tool is mostly used by our recruiting team (both the business and the technical teams), but also individual hiring managers have been equipped with LinkedIn Talent as well for their own recruiting efforts.,LinkedIn Talent / Recruiter provides a clean interface through which to organize and run searches. Boolean searches are easy to run and very intuitive on how to add or remove certain restrictive criteria to the search field. InMails are a proven way to reach out to candidates whose emails may be protected or otherwise difficult to find.,Having to log in via a separate portal from the normal LinkedIn user dashboard isn't the best UI flow. For potential candidates who don't use LinkedIn or don't keep their profiles up to date, there isn't much value to trying to reach out and it's also difficult to discern how good of a fit they would be for a certain role. Sometimes InMail isn't as effective as email in terms of response rates/visibility by the candidates.,7,On average, about 1 in every 5 people that we've hired have come from hiring efforts on LinkedIn. The cost of a contract with LinkedIn can be relatively small and negligible if you can use it to make some key, critical hires that could cost up to $25-$50K per hire for the deepest of technical roles. We still do find that direct email messaging tends to be more effective at garnering responses from engineering candidates, but we can still use the great search functionality of LinkedIn Talent to help find the candidates in the first place.,Entelo, Lever and Greenhouse,Slack, Greenhouse, G Suite, Dropbox Business, Lesson.lyThe advantages of using LinkedIn TalentI use LinkedIn Talent as part of my role to Recruit for the organization. LinkedIn Talent is a great tool to use for talent acquisition as it has project management tools, the ability to look at profiles undetected, InMails to approach candidates who may normally not accept them, job slots to advertise roles and the ability to sponsor employee profiles and jobs. LinkedIn is a well known networking platform which means this tool gives companies access to active up to date talent that could be passive or actively looking for new roles.,Networking is essential for a talent acquisition pipeline which this tool is fantastic for. The project management tools allow you to manage a recruitment pipeline. The InMails allow you to approach people (this is usually a cost for regular users).,It's quite expensive as a product to use and it increases almost annually. The reports are not always accurate.,9,We measured the cost of using LinkedIn Talent vs. using recruitment agencies. We recovered the costs and had ROI. We reduced the cost per role compared to previous years too. LinkedIn Talent has a career page function that improves company branding for future talent too. We have engaged with even more potential candidates for future roles.,jobsite, CV Library, Indeed and PeopleHR People,PeopleHR PeopleLinkedIn Talent is a Must-Have ToolCurrently, it's being used for recruitment purposes only. It's the easiest way to identify the skills and abilities of potential candidates. With resume databases, you're only seeing active job seekers. LinkedIn gives you a place to find everyone. Passive candidates are my main targets because I don't have to compete/race against with other prospective employers. It also makes it so easy to contact people.,Skills identification Narrowing candidate pools with search criteria. Location identification Educational background,Being able to differentiate how many years of experience a candidate has IN THEIR CURRENT FIELD, as opposed to just years of work experience. Being able to identify candidates willing to relocate for their career. Reminding people to update their profiles and giving them suggestions - eg: sending an iOS Developer an e-mail asking if they know Swift and suggesting they add it to their profile. Allowing us to search just a 4 year degree or higher instead of all the different types of Bachelors and have to click on them all.,10,Definitely lessens our agency dependency, although the tool is very expensive. If someone says no to your message, you can't contact them again. Just because they aren't interested in one of our jobs, doesn't mean there won't be another one that is a better fit. This isn't fair. It definitely opens us up to a new audience because you can see jobs posted if you're just on LinkedIn - people have to be on job boards specifically for job searches. This attracts more passive seekers. Not every candidate keeps their current e-mail address connected to LinkedIn - lots of inMails are wasted because they're sent to non-current e-mails.,Dice Open Web, ZipRecruiter and Indeed,Entelo, Trello, CalendlyPricey but PopularOver the years, we have utilize LinkedIn Recruiter and Recruiter Lite subscriptions, as well as paid job postings. These have mainly been utilized by our recruitment coordinator and HR department. We utilize these services in order to reach a broader audience when posting jobs. We use the free job board and the paid posting options. These work for us, but there are many other options you could purchase for getting your information out to your audience. Additionally, the Recruiter subscriptions allow for easy searches and additional knowledge about candidates and businesses.,I don't know the statistics behind it, but LinkedIn has an extensive network - I would imagine one of, if not the, largest professional networks out there. Being able to tap into that network is incredibly helpful from a recruitment standpoint. Both utilizing the free job board and the paid postings allow us to reach a wide audience. There are multiple options to fit the needs of each organization. Some of the larger packages, such as job slots, didn't make sense for us, given the size of our organization and how much hiring we do. However, I liked that packages could be customized to meet our needs. The mobile app is great - optimized for my phone, easy to use, easy to read. I enjoy the transparency and connectivity that is used with LinkedIn. When posting jobs, we can link them to our recruiter, which allows candidates to get more information about our department and company. We want to establish our connection with a candidate from the start, and LinkedIn makes this easy. Additional products come out regularly, which allows you to change up your hiring practices/reach new candidates. These tools help source candidates easily. I appreciate the tips and tricks LinkedIn publishes through their blog, articles, etc. They conduct a lot of create interviews and publish quality content.,Sales - in our experience, the sales people at LinkedIn have been intense. If you give the slightest indication that you want to discuss/buy/utilize a product of theirs, you will be hounded by a rep. We've told ours repeatedly that we are not interested in changing our package right now, yet still get daily emails asking to set up conversations. Additionally, we have asked our rep to only contact our recruitment coordinator (myself) with information, yet she continues to reach out to other members of the organization trying to set up times for sales calls. This is not an isolated incident - we've had other reps who have just been a bit too pushy. Pricing - LinkedIn is not cheap. Even a 'lite' Recruiter subscription will run you over $1,000 annually. I'm not sure where it falls on the scale compared to other platforms, but it's been our most expensive tool, by far. My advice to anyone would be to do your research on their products and have a strong idea of what you need for your team/organization. It may be necessary to spend a little more, or perhaps you can find an option to scale back and save money. Updates - Although I do appreciate the constant improvements and upgrades, these typically come on a rolling basis. We had a sales rep tell us about a great new tool that was coming out, but it didn't get to our subscription/type of organization for almost a year. I understand the need to push upgrades out on a rolling basis, but it can be frustrating as a user when you're hearing about other tools you don't have access to. Customer Service - LinkedIn has some of the worst customer service we've ever utilized. There is NO way to contact them to ask questions. You can email, but it'll take at least 24 hrs to get a response, even if it's a quick question. There is no phone number, except for to sales reps. I've called a sales rep trying to get in touch with someone who could help me, but they direct you back to their website and the FAQs. It just seems odd there is no way to contact them or they are actively making it difficult to do so. Another recruiting platform we use has a very helpful web chat - I can hop on, ask a quick question, and get a quick response. This has been incredibly helpful for me, and I wish LinkedIn did the same!,5,LinkedIn has generated a larger audience for our organization. When we have hard-to-find job roles, it's nice to have such a large platform to utilize. A negative would be that it is an expensive tool, and it can be hard to measure the impact it has/doesn't have.,Bullhorn Recruitment CRM, ZipRecruiter and Workable,Bullhorn Recruitment CRM, 15Five, Legalesign, Paylocity Web Pay, TogglLinkedIn Talent Finds the TalentOur organization has licenses for LinkedIn Talent accounts. Most recruiters are afforded the ability to use only the LinkedIn Recruiter function, or more to the point, the InMail feature, which allows us to source both active and passive candidates. Our organization does have some job postings, but they are very limited and most recruiters, myself included, do not have the luxury of taking advantage of them.,Absolutely the best in sourcing high-level candidates that are both actively and passively searching for new job opportunities. The advanced search feature, and the ridiculous number of filters, really helps you identify the best talent that is perfectly suited to the positions you need to hire for. Metrics! I rely almost exclusively on InMail for my recruiting efforts for higher level positions, and LinkedIn provides a number of key metrics to ensure I am optimizing my InMail messages. Notably, you can track the positive response rate of different templates, which really helps you hone in on what type of message works best for beginning the conversation with potential candidates. Project organization. Typically, I work on 3 roles at a time. Often times while sourcing for my active reqs, I come across candidates that I think are really great, but just not a great fit for anything I am working on. Being able to save them to various projects based on skill set helps me to quickly find qualified candidates as soon as a new job order opens up.,When running an advanced search, you can sort out individuals that have previously been contacted, tagged, or saved to a project. I wish they would add to this list the ability to sort out profiles that you have viewed within the last day, week, month, etc., to help me avoid accidentally looking at the same profile over and over again. I wish job postings were more affordable. This is a feature that I would like to be able to take advantage of, but my understanding both from current and previous use is that job postings on LinkedIn cost an arm and a leg. I would appreciate if I could either see if a profile has already been added to our resume database so I can check to see if another recruiter is actively working with them or if someone possibly has in the past. Although rare, I do sometimes run into candidates that are already working with another recruiter in a different position. It is unfortunately not feasible to check every profile against our database before sending an InMail if I hope to have an even mildly productive day.,10,My AWGP from hires sourced on LinkedIn is over $2,000 in approximately the last 4 months.,ZipRecruiter,BambooHR, SmartSearch, ZipRecruiter
LinkedIn Talent

LinkedIn Talent Reviews

LinkedIn Talent
Top Rated Award
Filter 171 vetted LinkedIn Talent reviews and ratings
April 26, 2018

Review: "Leverage LinkedIn Talent to bolster your pipelines!"

• LinkedIn Talent / Recruiter provides a clean interface through which to organize and run searches.
  • Boolean searches are easy to run and very intuitive on how to add or remove certain restrictive criteria to the search field.
  • InMails are a proven way to reach out to candidates whose emails may be protected or otherwise difficult to find.
  • Having to log in via a separate portal from the normal LinkedIn user dashboard isn't the best UI flow.
  • For potential candidates who don't use LinkedIn or don't keep their profiles up to date, there isn't much value to trying to reach out and it's also difficult to discern how good of a fit they would be for a certain role.
  • Sometimes InMail isn't as effective as email in terms of response rates/visibility by the candidates.
The LinkedIn Talent Solutions / Recruiter product is useful in many situations, especially when getting started and running some initial boolean string searches. It can help bolster one's volume for any given talent pipeline and speed up the time-to-hire from first opening the job req to ultimately closing the right candidate.
Read Andy Lutz's full review
April 16, 2018

Review: "The advantages of using LinkedIn Talent"

• Networking is essential for a talent acquisition pipeline which this tool is fantastic for.
  • The project management tools allow you to manage a recruitment pipeline.
  • The InMails allow you to approach people (this is usually a cost for regular users).
  • It's quite expensive as a product to use and it increases almost annually.
  • The reports are not always accurate.
LinkedIn Talent is well suited to companies recruiting for candidates in sales, business development, technical, IT, purchasing and senior roles. It's not suited to recruit for warehousing, administration and entry level office roles.

It's well suited to for companies looking to build a talent pipeline, engaging candidates with your company branding and attracting passive candidates.
Read Claire Isherwood's full review
April 01, 2018

User Review: "LinkedIn Talent is a Must-Have Tool"

• Skills identification
  • Narrowing candidate pools with search criteria.
  • Location identification
  • Educational background
  • Being able to differentiate how many years of experience a candidate has IN THEIR CURRENT FIELD, as opposed to just years of work experience.
  • Being able to identify candidates willing to relocate for their career.
  • Reminding people to update their profiles and giving them suggestions - eg: sending an iOS Developer an e-mail asking if they know Swift and suggesting they add it to their profile.
  • Allowing us to search just a 4 year degree or higher instead of all the different types of Bachelors and have to click on them all.
If you're hiring for professional level positions, LinkedIn is a crucial tool for sourcing. If you're looking for blue collar workers, it won't be as fruitful. It's hit or miss for nursing and medical - a lot of medical professionals aren't on LinkedIn.
Read Christine Alling's full review
June 21, 2018

LinkedIn Talent Review: "Pricey but Popular"

• I don't know the statistics behind it, but LinkedIn has an extensive network - I would imagine one of, if not the, largest professional networks out there. Being able to tap into that network is incredibly helpful from a recruitment standpoint. Both utilizing the free job board and the paid postings allow us to reach a wide audience.
  • There are multiple options to fit the needs of each organization. Some of the larger packages, such as job slots, didn't make sense for us, given the size of our organization and how much hiring we do. However, I liked that packages could be customized to meet our needs.
  • The mobile app is great - optimized for my phone, easy to use, easy to read.
  • I enjoy the transparency and connectivity that is used with LinkedIn. When posting jobs, we can link them to our recruiter, which allows candidates to get more information about our department and company. We want to establish our connection with a candidate from the start, and LinkedIn makes this easy.
  • Additional products come out regularly, which allows you to change up your hiring practices/reach new candidates. These tools help source candidates easily.
  • I appreciate the tips and tricks LinkedIn publishes through their blog, articles, etc. They conduct a lot of create interviews and publish quality content.
  • Sales - in our experience, the sales people at LinkedIn have been intense. If you give the slightest indication that you want to discuss/buy/utilize a product of theirs, you will be hounded by a rep. We've told ours repeatedly that we are not interested in changing our package right now, yet still get daily emails asking to set up conversations. Additionally, we have asked our rep to only contact our recruitment coordinator (myself) with information, yet she continues to reach out to other members of the organization trying to set up times for sales calls. This is not an isolated incident - we've had other reps who have just been a bit too pushy.
  • Pricing - LinkedIn is not cheap. Even a 'lite' Recruiter subscription will run you over $1,000 annually. I'm not sure where it falls on the scale compared to other platforms, but it's been our most expensive tool, by far. My advice to anyone would be to do your research on their products and have a strong idea of what you need for your team/organization. It may be necessary to spend a little more, or perhaps you can find an option to scale back and save money.
  • Updates - Although I do appreciate the constant improvements and upgrades, these typically come on a rolling basis. We had a sales rep tell us about a great new tool that was coming out, but it didn't get to our subscription/type of organization for almost a year. I understand the need to push upgrades out on a rolling basis, but it can be frustrating as a user when you're hearing about other tools you don't have access to.
  • Customer Service - LinkedIn has some of the worst customer service we've ever utilized. There is NO way to contact them to ask questions. You can email, but it'll take at least 24 hrs to get a response, even if it's a quick question. There is no phone number, except for to sales reps. I've called a sales rep trying to get in touch with someone who could help me, but they direct you back to their website and the FAQs. It just seems odd there is no way to contact them or they are actively making it difficult to do so. Another recruiting platform we use has a very helpful web chat - I can hop on, ask a quick question, and get a quick response. This has been incredibly helpful for me, and I wish LinkedIn did the same!
LinkedIn is great if you are in a populated area, where you think a large number of your audience may be utilizing the tool. It is the most popular professional platform, so the numbers work in your favor. Additionally, they do a great job of pushing jobs out to users when they're paid postings. Candidates are more likely to see your job on the platform, as well as receiving emails about the roles.

LinkedIn Recruiter (regular or lite) is great for deeper sleuthing. You're provided more information about candidates, and can see more of their profiles. As a recruiter, it's a very helpful tool.

If you are a smaller organization and/or only hire a few roles a year, it may not be necessarily to pay for some of the products. The free job board options are great, you just don't get the same exposure.
May 10, 2018

User Review: "LinkedIn Talent Finds the Talent"

• Absolutely the best in sourcing high-level candidates that are both actively and passively searching for new job opportunities. The advanced search feature, and the ridiculous number of filters, really helps you identify the best talent that is perfectly suited to the positions you need to hire for.
  • Metrics! I rely almost exclusively on InMail for my recruiting efforts for higher level positions, and LinkedIn provides a number of key metrics to ensure I am optimizing my InMail messages. Notably, you can track the positive response rate of different templates, which really helps you hone in on what type of message works best for beginning the conversation with potential candidates.
  • Project organization. Typically, I work on 3 roles at a time. Often times while sourcing for my active reqs, I come across candidates that I think are really great, but just not a great fit for anything I am working on. Being able to save them to various projects based on skill set helps me to quickly find qualified candidates as soon as a new job order opens up.
  • When running an advanced search, you can sort out individuals that have previously been contacted, tagged, or saved to a project. I wish they would add to this list the ability to sort out profiles that you have viewed within the last day, week, month, etc., to help me avoid accidentally looking at the same profile over and over again.
  • I wish job postings were more affordable. This is a feature that I would like to be able to take advantage of, but my understanding both from current and previous use is that job postings on LinkedIn cost an arm and a leg.
  • I would appreciate if I could either see if a profile has already been added to our resume database so I can check to see if another recruiter is actively working with them or if someone possibly has in the past. Although rare, I do sometimes run into candidates that are already working with another recruiter in a different position. It is unfortunately not feasible to check every profile against our database before sending an InMail if I hope to have an even mildly productive day.
There is no platform I would rather use for sourcing candidates. Instead of waiting for people to apply for your job and hoping they are qualified, you have the luxury of being able to go out and find qualified candidates yourself.

LinkedIn Talent is poorly suited as a bonafide applicant tracking system. It won't be ideal for helping you track people from start to finish in the hiring life cycle, but I do not believe that has ever been the goal for this platform.
May 02, 2018

LinkedIn Talent Review: "Ubiquitous tool"

One focus of our organization is recruiting/executive search. Given that our company is only in the early stages, one of our main focuses is to grow our candidate database by targeting professionals within the finance and technology industries. We have certainly tapped into our own networks but, as all search firms, we also realized that LinkedIn is an invaluable asset that we can leverage as it is now ubiquitous. Our entire recruiting department utilizes LinkedIn Talent as it just has far more capabilities than a regular account. Even people who are not directly involved in recruiting have found benefits to a premium account as well. Through the use of LinkedIn Talent, we have been able to increase our candidate pool tremendously and have also been able to reach out more easily to candidates, whether they may be active or passive.
  • Streamlined workflow - LinkedIn Talent has tools and functionalities that help us to be more organized.
  • Simple interface - New users are able to pick it up / adapt to the system quickly.
  • Search functionality is usually effective.
  • While InMails are a great tool, I'm not so sure that it's as beneficial or effective as they claim.
  • The search functionality, while I think works great now, can definitely be improved. Sometimes I find that a lot of the candidates that are filtered still do not match the criteria.
  • Not a fan of having to log in to a separate portal to access my Recruiter account. In addition, I find that opening LinkedIn Talent while I have some profiles open causes issues wherein my other tabs refresh to the Home page.
LinkedIn Talent is a necessity for search firms as there aren't many alternatives that allow you to access such a robust and diverse pipeline of talent. I also feel that it is best suited for roles wherein the candidate requirements are simpler - running a complex search by relying on boolean searches haven't been as effective on our end.
September 17, 2018

LinkedIn Talent Review: "Solid tool to find who you need"

Our TA team uses Linkedin Talent with 3 licenses 4 job slots and a career page.
  • Source for qualified candidates - the details.
  • Suggest qualified candidates.
  • Post easily from our ATS to the job slots.
  • Incomplete profiles of candidates.
  • Cost is fairly high per recruiter seat.
  • Calendar can only be shared on first inmail but not subsequent messages in a conversation.
Suitable for Sourcing for sales candidates in a specific area with specific background.

Not suitable for filling low-level, high-volume positions.
April 25, 2018

LinkedIn Talent Review: "LinkedIn... a great tool for your toolbox"

I use this product to evaluate the skill set and background of professionals that I source. I am able to verify educational background, licensing, types of projects and to some extent - willingness to consider other opportunities, before even picking up the phone. I am able to determine current and past employment to ensure that I am not calling on client employees.

This is being used by me ... the sole sourcer and addresses our need to qualify relevant candidates.
  • Career history and certifications.
  • Able to build lists and call numerous people from the same company or same industry
  • Ability to filter by people located in or willing to relocate to a particular location
  • Filtering experience in the number of years at a company or in the industry
  • Willingness to have a conversation/open to a call from a recruiter
  • Ability to save relevant candidates to a project
  • Searching - sometimes I get irrelevant people in a search
  • Would like the 'like candidate' feature to be more accurate
  • Sometimes includes incorrect geographical matches
It's appropriate for looking at candidates for filling specific positions. Keywords narrow down ONLY if a candidate has used them in their profile. You have to read and fine-tune Boolean searches to provide good results. The Boolean searches and advanced criteria are good - and when you get a good search - you can save it!
April 30, 2018

"LinkedIn Talent Review"

We use LinkedIn Talent across the organization as needed when looking for specific talent to add to our organization based on open requisitions that we have.
  • Search feature and filters
  • Ability to notate profiles that you are interested in
  • Ability to in-mail prospective candidates for open positions to be filled
  • Ability to sort easily
  • Ability to indicate no interest/hide profiles from search
It is well suited for niche positions. It's great to be able to search for candidates.
February 28, 2018

User Review: "LinkedIn Talent is very useful!"

LinkedIn talent is being used by the HR team for passive recruiting sourcing techniques. It's also used to post jobs in the marketplace and search for candidates to build a pipeline. It addresses a need to source top talent that may not otherwise see our job posting on a job board.
  • Opens up access to a significant pool of talent -- both passive and active. You will get your hands on more prospects vs. sitting and waiting for responses from job board postings.
  • They offer many ways to search and narrow down the results with various keywords and parameters. This ensures you are seeing talent in line with your needs.
  • You have the ability to create projects and save candidates you might be interested in to those projects (easy reference point for the future). You can also share the projects with your team so others can add candidates to them.
  • I like that you can set yourself up to be anonymous so candidates don't see who is viewing their profile. Sometimes that can be beneficial.
  • It is very costly, so for a small company, or one of a tight budget, it may not be something they can afford. Maybe there should be a lower-cost option with minimal functionality.
  • I wish there was more streamlined functionality with the job seats. It will show me who has applied or maybe who has attempted to apply; however, the communications about these applicants is not consistent. I often have to login and try and see who has applied through the job seat.
Great for large organizations who have the funds and who recruit at a high volume. Doesn't make much sense for small businesses with little turnover or small workforce where hiring is minimal.
Read Stephanie Opoku, SHRM-CP, CIR's full review
February 23, 2018

LinkedIn Talent Review: "LinkedIn Recruiter is an Excellent Tool"

LinkedIn Recruiter is used in sourcing LinkedIn talent who would potentially be interested in discussing an open opportunity with our company. Most of the people who use LinkedIn Recruiter are on the Human Resources team. That way, if we post an open job and fail to receive many inbound leads, we can always proactively reach out to interested candidates.
  • Great selection of users with rich profiles.
  • Great search tools that narrow down your search.
  • Projects you can put candidates in to stay organized.
  • Notifications and communication streamlined through email integration.
  • Some of their search filters feel off. If I drill down, some of the specific searches are inaccurate (especially years of experience, years at current job).
  • LinkedIn keeps adding products, but I think they could spend some time making the core products even better.
  • Some of my peers don't understand the difference in needs for LinkedIn Recruiter vs. Sales Navigator
I believe LinkedIn is a great tool for any company with at least 10 open job requisitions. If you're only hiring a few jobs, it might make sense to pay for a job board here and there, but when you really need volume and want access to high-quality candidates, it makes sense to invest in LinkedIn Recruiter.
Read Jim Leahy's full review
February 05, 2018

Review: "LinkedIn Talent: Emerging as a Top Recruiting Tool"

Currently we have two licenses to use LinkedIn Talent, which means that only two of our recruiters can use this service at one time. We share those licenses among the recruiters in our office so we all have time to use this service. As recruiters, we use this service to find both active and passive job seekers for various open positions we try to fill within the pharmaceutical industry.
  • It finds people that have either worked or live in the search area you define. This helps you narrow down your talent pool and prevents you from wasting time by looking at talent that is outside of your search area.
  • The service does a nice job of showing you candidates that have the experience that you are looking for. We use LinkedIn Talent for all levels of jobs: from entry level to director level. As long as we provide some of the key words that we're looking to see in a resume, we always get a least a few relevant/qualified candidates.
  • On its own, LinkedIn is a fantastic networking tool and LinkedIn Talent acts as an extension/enhancement of that tool.
  • For starters, the service is very expensive. My employer pays for two licenses in our office, so I don't have the actual numbers to decide how cost-effective the tool is. However, I do know that this service is very costly compared to other recruiting tools.
  • When using other recruiting tools, candidates usually post there resume and it is assumed they are at least passively looking or would consider a new job. With LinkedIn, people are more interested in networking and not necessarily job-searching. We come across a higher number of people who aren't interested in a new job while using the LinkedIn Talent tool.
I think that this tool has a lot of value. My office has placed a great number of candidates by using this tool, and we seem to have the most success using the LinkedIn Talent tool. We have placed people in entry level roles, as well as highly specialized roles. That being said, it's difficult to pinpoint an exact scenario where this tool is especially effective/appropriate. We have had success in finding and placing great candidates from all job levels and scenarios using the Talent tool.

On the other hand, LinkedIn Talent can be less appropriate at times. Tying back into my previous comment about LinkedIn's usefulness as a networking tool, sometimes candidates take offense to being bombarded with job offers from recruiters when they have no interest in looking for a new job. This is something we deal with as recruiters every day, but it is harder to identify those that aren't interested in new roles when using the LinkedIn Talent tool.
Read Steve Christie's full review
February 05, 2018

LinkedIn Talent Review: "For Our Industry, Not Paying Off"

Linkedin Talent is being used in our organization primarily by our HR/Recruiting team in order to post job and try to identify candidates for our open positions. We often have open positions for highly specialized and skilled positions that require a more hands-on recruiting effort.
  • LinkedIn Talent is great in ease of use, as it is very simple to post jobs, contact individuals, and manage our account.
  • LinkedIn Talent provides a variety of reports that they give to you automatically to show how useful it has been; things like amount of applicants, views, demographics, etc.
  • LinkedIn Talent provides decent customer service and has a dedicated person you can speak to.
  • At my organization, we had very poor response through LinkedIn talent. Many of the applicants we received were not qualified for our jobs, so some pre-screening would be nice.
  • We found it to be cost prohibitive for the results that we got. It was very expensive just to have one recruiter "seat", and then we were limited to the number of job openings. There seemed to be a lot of up-selling involved.
  • There is a functionality to limit applicants to those who are local or at least in the same country, but the functionality seemed to keep changing and was hard to use, and you have to make sure to select it when first posting a job or there is no easy way to change it later.
LinkedIn Talent seems more well suited to positions such as accountants and other more common office type positions. It is not as well suited to more specialized positions, and especially in the sawmill industry I think many people in our industry just don't use LinkedIn. It is also not well suited for recruiting for positions that are time sensitive, as it tends to be a drawn on process.
Read Bailey Thomas's full review
February 02, 2018

Review: "LinkedIn Talent. Easy to train, easy to use"

We use LinkedIn talent primarily to resource potential hires. It's been great because we can have folks who are usually doing non-value add activities fill their excess time with sourcing. It's very easy to use and even more simple to fit into your operation. Our response rate is generally about 20% and we're looking to hire many of our folks who we sourced through LinkedIn Talent.
  • Small funnel - you can get very targeted
  • Separates your professional network from your prospecting network
  • Ability to add many people to projects and automate messages
  • I would love to see the ability to differentiate whether you are looking for undergrad or graduate students
It's great for sourcing candidates. Especially when you have a specific focus on hard facts you want. (School, Time in career, location etc.)

It can improve by creating profiles about people and seeing who fits the profiles for jobs. It would be great to see a way to get suggestions for jobs you are trying to fill.
Read Luke Ferrel's full review
March 04, 2018

LinkedIn Talent Review: "Here's my number, so call me maybe?"

We use LI Talent in our Talent Acquisition Department only. It helps us to address our hiring needs as a whole.
  • Great way to look at past jobs and candidates and keeping that information organized. I like how it semi-ranks them based on the job description.
  • Enjoy the vast options for sourcing.
  • Good at identifying candidates who have prior communication with other members of team or company.
  • Analytics. They have been off ever since I can remember.
  • Searching. My colleagues and I put in same criteria but get different results. Some candidates not included. Frustrating.
  • No need for clutter. I never use clipboard because it is hard to select some here and there and then re-file them. Wish it had more filter options.
  • A calendar to set up reminders and interviews would be great.
LinkedIn Talent is great for sourcing passive candidates with specific skill sets. It is not a great resource for quick hires because unless they apply, you cannot reach them. With mass email, it could cause issues as well. I also think candidates should not show common people as when asking for a reference you may not know the extent of the relationship or dynamics and have seen that backfire sadly.
February 01, 2018

Review: "LinkedIn Talent - Connecting with Top Talent!"

LinkedIn Talent is used by our entire Talent Acquisition team for recruiting and sourcing purposes. As our company is growing, we are now able to reach out to more passive candidates to see if they would be interested in making a move. Instead of waiting around for candidates to apply to our website, we can reach out to them.
  • LinkedIn Talent gives more information on candidates when you view their page.
  • LinkedIn Talent gives recruiters the opportunity to see if others have already reached out to that candidate.
  • LinkedIn Talent gives recruiters more flexibility with contacting candidates.
  • LinkedIn Talent could improve their user interface.
  • LinkedIn Talent could do a better job with how messaging is formatted.
  • LinkedIn Talent could improve their InMail system.
LinkedIn Talent is a great tool for recruiters and sourcers who are looking to fill higher level roles where candidates become more passive in their job search. LinkedIn Talent might not be the best tool for positions that are considered hourly or contract because often times those candidates don't create LinkedIn profiles.
December 12, 2017

"LinkedIn Talent Review!"

LinkedIn Talent is currently being used on a daily basis within my organization. We use this to recruit and pipeline for top talent within the NYC area. It allows us to contact a candidate with a personalized InMail or a batch of candidates with a templated one-to-many InMail which makes our life easier. It is currently being used by the talent and recruitment teams primarily. This tool addresses the business problem of finding top talent for hard to recruit roles. It allows us to set up specific projects for talent and pipeline for niche positions for the future. Armed with data from the search insights tool, project folders, and tags, you’ll be a market expert with a solid pipeline and the ability to close candidates quickly which is crucial when dealing with hard to please executives within our organization.
  • LinkedIn allows us to add project folders and specific tags to accounts which keeps us organized and efficient when pipe lining for future positions.
  • An indicator that flags candidates most likely to respond to a recruiter’s advances by measuring their interest in the organization. This feature allows for candidates who already have first-degree connections within the company, those who have followed or interacted with the company page, and those who have previously applied for positions within the organization be highlighted to the recruiter.
  • The ability to search insight charts and graphs for those who appreciate data visualization. This allows us to have real time data on employees and jobs we are recruiting for.
  • Sometimes, the resumes are not updated properly or accounts aren't kept up to date. I think there could be a tool to ensure employees are adding their resumes to profiles and keeping the account up to date yearly.
  • I like the templates feature but the mass emailing tool only allows you to email a certain amount per time or project.
  • The LinkedIn Recruiter tool is too costly for most smaller companies and those that don’t hire very often.
LinkedIn Recruiter gives access to more profiles, advanced search and the ability to build a talent pool within the platform which is crucial for a fast-paced recruitment organization. For example, when recruiting for a niche position, I am able to begin a project and save this for future use as my personal project which I love to refer back to at later times. Less appropriate would be for smaller recruitment organizations as it is very costly and they don't really get to experience the full effect of the tool.
November 28, 2017

Review: "LinkedIn Talent for Efficient Talent Acquisition"

LinkedIn Talent allows you purchase into the Basic, Finder, or Pro packages to obtain additional access to talent and the tools to manage recruiting through leveraging LinkedIn's network. The layout and functionality of the service allows for each searching functions and filters to generate the best candidates for your open positions.
  • Filters for search results.
  • Functionality for managing recruiting.
  • Layout for a site that's easy to read and interact with.
  • LinkedIn could improve its ability to aggregate from student groups.
  • Creating business relationships.
LinkedIn Talent is well suited for organizations looking for candidates to fill open positions. If the user wants to filter based on location, demographics, skill sets, and past roles this tool is well suited for your needs. It is less appropriate for networking or building business relationships simply because it is designed to provide results with specific talent profiles.
September 18, 2017

LinkedIn Talent Review: "LinkedIn Recruiter Pro - A good time"

It is being used mainly by the recruiting team here at HireVergence. We use it to identify active and passive candidates on LinkedIn that may not be on the job boards. It is solving the problem of finding candidates that may not traditionally post their resumes. It is a wonderful tool to find candidates for direct-hire roles that might be passively looking for work.
  • It is excellent at finding and interacting with passive candidates.
  • Excellent at finding talent locally or across the globe.
  • Great finding hard-to-find skills out in the marketplace.
  • Great at searching for folks on LinkedIn (versus the normal, unpaid search options).
  • The search tools are tricky. I cannot search by title (seniority), just years of experience which can be challenging.
  • You cannot search by a specific keyword unless it is already an accepted keyword in LinkedIn's repository.
  • Searching for people locally can be a challenge, as just picking the state doesn't necessarily give you the whole state. Example, when I search Massachusetts it seems to not include individuals living in Boston. I don't know why this issue is still present.
It is excellent for finding any candidates out there in the marketplace, anywhere on earth. Their database of individuals is astoundingly large, millions upon millions. When searching for sales contacts it is also valuable, although it is centered around candidates more. It is also good to investigate companies or who you share connections with.
Read James Reich's full review
May 23, 2017

LinkedIn Talent Review: "LinkedIn, my go to Recruiting tool"

We're using LinkedIn talent to recruit great people by leveraging relationships.
  • Excellent networking tool
  • Easy to search
  • Increases likelihood of response
  • Pricing is steep
  • Search can be a little clunky
  • Should auto refresh
Very useful when recruiting white-collar jobs since that's most of its membership.
Read Peter Bugbee's full review
September 14, 2017

LinkedIn Talent Review: "#1 Place to Find Top Tier Talent"

LinkedIn Talent is primarily being used only on our Recruiting Team, not cross functionally. LinkedIn Talent not only helps us from a business perspective on our team, but acting as a talent partner for our hiring managers that we support. Finding ways to address each team's needs and how to incorporate that into our talent strategy.
  • Allows us to know when candidates or newsworthy information is updated - giving us real time updates.
  • Ability to maximize our search features to provide the best available talent in the area.
  • Building out specified projects to each need we have.
  • No ability to export LinkedIn Projects to Excel.
  • Providing the same profiles at the top rather than mixing up the clientele.
  • Location needs to be specified more than just general areas but more defined geographic cities rather than just "San Francisco Bay Area"
LinkedIn Talent is well suited to what a recruiter needs to be successful. With the right training and material that is being incorporated, it allows even the earliest person getting into Talent to find success. Some scenarios on where it's not ideal would be on adapting to the ever growing market and jobs. Where it's a competitive slate, real time marketing updates and information on companies that would benefit not only the recruiter but the candidate as well.
August 16, 2017

LinkedIn Talent Review: "This is a must read."

It provides us an arena of perceptive professional individuals who may be an ideal candidate for our corporation. It minimizes the risk of a candidate who might be a good fit. It provides pertinent information for us to decide who to reach out to.
  • Qualified potential to get hired
  • Strong companies looking for the right candidate
  • User-friendly to navigate for job search
  • Additional information on employer's such as specific details on benefits in addition to pay range so that neither party has to waste their time.
  • Location information
  • More detailed
  • Create a way to include face to face web interviews.
Suitable for quality candidates however it needs to be updated more and frequently regarding listings.
August 16, 2017

User Review: "Link with LinkedIn Talent"

It is being used by specific HR teams when trying to fill highly specific positions and also for college engagement. It addresses the issue that my company is trying to compete for the best talent on the market and we are not always seen as a tech company. Thus, we use LinkedIn Talent to try and market our brand out there where a lot of young IT talent lives.
  • It does a very good job connecting us with people who are interested and actively looking for positions.
  • Also helps us manage our queues very nicely so we can stay organized and efficient.
  • LinkedIn also does a very good job with success stories and providing us what we needed to keep using their service.
  • The price is a bit more than we would like to spend, but it is the tool where all the talent is at, so we have to.
  • There could also be better + more training videos for new users.
  • It would be nice to lower the amount of spam that is being put out by recruiting agencies as they clutter potential interests' mailboxes.
Linkedin Talent was very well suited in helping us fill specific roles that we had trouble filling. Roles such as data scientists and senior software developers. It helped our company put our brand out there with the other tech giants. It is not too appropriate for non-IT roles. We had no trouble filling those to begin with.
February 14, 2017

User Review: "LinkedIn Talent or No Talent"

We use the product across the organization as a compliment to our already robust database in our particular business. Once we are engaged by our client, depending on the search and the criteria, we will input the search requirements into LinkedIn Talent and gather any additional names that we are not currently working with to include them in our search. From there, we utilize the Inmails where appropriate to contact the individuals and engage them with our brand and search initiatives.
  • Enables relatively quick contact with a larger market
  • Enables access to the larger talent pools
  • Keeps our brand engagement higher with the proper clients and candidates
  • The InMails are limited, but frankly people aren't responding very often
[It's well suited for] building out new databases or for newer recruiters who have not yet built a business or name in their business.
Read Scott Rivers ✔'s full review
October 03, 2016

LinkedIn Talent Review: "LinkedIn is THE resource you need to build your network!"

We are a nationwide staffing and recruiting firm that uses LinkedIn Talent daily. We especially use it to find top talent in areas where we specialize in recruiting. Everyone in our organization utilizes this. Only problem is sometimes we find people who haven't been on in ages that are a great fit and its hard to contact them.
  • Search strings work great. Boolean searching is easy and a good fit for LinkedIn to utilize.
  • Gives a nice summary at the top of their current and past employment. Helpful in case what they are currently doing doesn't match our needs.
  • Being able to upload resumes directly to the main page or send via message is also something that is really appreciated in my line of work.
  • I would really like to know when someone logged in last. I understand that usually in a search they are at the end of the search but dates would help.
  • Would like to have an option that shows if someone is actively seeking employment, just browsing opportunities, or not in the market.
Appropriate Scenario: I'm looking for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Montana. I use my Boolean string to narrow down a location and exact job titles. This is extremely helpful.
Less Appropriate: People who connect with everyone and then [send] out blasts to a bunch of people for something no one really cares about. For Instance, some of these "pyramid schemes".
Read Kristin Page's full review

Job Requisition Management (16)
Company Website Posting (16)
Publish to Social Media (19)
Job Search Site Posting (20)
Customized Application Form (16)
Resume Management (15)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (12)
Candidate Search (25)
Applicant Tracking (14)
Collaboration (19)
Task Creation and Delegation (15)
6.6
Email Templates (19)
User Permissions (18)
Notifications and Alerts (22)
Reporting (18)

About LinkedIn Talent

LinkedIn Talent is a recruiting software solution offered by LinkedIn.