Simple and great to use

October 07, 2019

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of LinkPoint Connect, and make your voice heard!

LinkPoint Connect for Outlook + Salesforce

$192

LinkPoint Connect for Outlook + Microsoft Dynamics CRM

$192

LinkPoint Connect for IBM Notes + Salesforce

$228

• $16 per user per yearRequired

What is LinkPoint Connect?

LinkPoint Connect promises to streamline data entry and access by enabling users to instantly view CRM data within their email client. This sales intelligence solution integrates Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM data in Outlook or IBM Notes.

According to the vendor, key capabilities include:

• View real-time Salesforce data without ever leaving your email. Click on an email, and the LinkPoint Connect Side Panel instantly displays that contact’s information directly from Salesforce.
  • Record emails to Salesforce when sending or receiving messages. LinkPoint Connect makes it easy to associate emails with the right contacts and opportunities with just a few clicks.
  • Create new records with ease…and without the hassle of copy and paste actions between your email and CRM. Drag and drop email signatures or leverage Smart Forms to create new records.
  • Sync calendars, contacts, and tasks with one-way or two-way sync between email and the CRM with independent rules.
  • And with an upgraded Desktop Plus Edition, users have the added capability to log meeting notes that map directly to Salesforce fields. Choose the questions or data that mean the most to your organization's workflow, and LinkPoint Connect will prompt you team to input their meeting feedback.
  • PC installation and web cloud access.

LinkPoint Connect Features

• Supported: Record emails, create new contacts, and sync content to the CRM from the email client.
  • Supported: View contact, lead, and opportunity data or record inbound/outbound emails to the CRM.
  • Supported: Sync contacts, calendars, and tasks and work with custom objects.

LinkPoint Connect Screenshots

Record emails to your CRM when sending messages via your email application. LinkPoint Connect makes it easy to associate emails with the right contacts and opportunities with just a few clicks in your email.View real-time CRM data without ever leaving your email. Click on an email, and the LinkPoint Connect Side Panel instantly displays that contact’s information directly from the CRM.

LinkPoint Connect Integrations

LinkPoint Connect Competitors

• Salesforce.com
  • Salesforce Lightning Platform (formerly Salesforce App Cloud) - deprecated
  • Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM)

LinkPoint Connect Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows
Supported LanguagesEnglish, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Norwegian, Danish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Italian

Rick Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
LinkPoint is being deployed across our entire organization, as a way to be more efficient and thorough with our email and Salesforce integration and documentation. It is being rolled out in waves and I am in initial the pilot/test group. So far my experience has been pain free and encouraging.
  • Setup is pretty seamless, at least from an end-user point of view. Essentially you open both Outlook and Salesforce, and then click on the LinkPoint Connect button in Outlook. You are then asked to sign in (provide username/password) to Salesforce. That's all--once my login information was accepted it was set up and syncing emails and calendar items from Outlook to Salesforce. Pretty painless!
  • Recording/syncing emails to client records is, from my standpoint at least, the core functionality, and LinkPoint does this pretty much flawlessly and with little to no effort or input on my part. This is incredibly important to me as it creates the documentation record I need in Salesforce to provide excellent service to my clients as well as for compliance reasons.
  • The LinkPoint interface also makes it very easy and efficient to perform additional actions in Salesforce without ever leaving Outlook. New Salesforce tasks, events, follow up reminders, etc. are all easy to set up from the LinkPoint sidebar directly in Outlook with just a few clicks of the mouse. And, in those cases where you need to go a little deeper there is a link in the sidebar that will open up the client record directly in Salesforce in a single action, bypassing the multi-step process normally required (i.e. open the program, search for the client, select and open the record, etc.). This ease of interaction between the two programs has removed barriers and has helped me be more consistent in fully utilizing what Salesforce has to offer. No longer do I move on to the next item on my to-do list with scribbled note that will hopefully remind me to update Salesforce later, when I have a chance...
  • I don't really have any areas where I think LinkPoint as room for improvement. Perhaps this is because I've only been using it a couple of months and haven't yet experienced anything problematic.
LinkPoint is well suited to any situation where Outlook is used for email correspondence and calendar items and there is need to have a record of those items and/or perform connected actions (schedule tasks, follow up reminders, etc.) in Salesforce. Automating this process and removing as much duplication of work as possible is the primary goal and the primary benefit that LinkPoint provides. In addition to efficiency, automating the process also provides a pretty substantial increase in accuracy, removing ca. 50% of the chance for human error. It's pretty simple functionality in concept, but extremely valuable in execution.
October 07, 2019

Simple and great to use

We use LinkPoint Connect to log outbound e-mail communication. Primarily, it functions as a plug-in over our Outlook processes. It lets us log all communication happening with our customers and preserve that information in Salesforce.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Easy to tag to contacts, accounts, and opportunities separately and at the same time.
  • Minimally invasive into the rest of my workflow.
  • The plug-in for Outlook needs to be reset every couple of months.
  • It does not tag e-mails sent from mobile devices (or we haven't figured out how to do that yet).
LinkPoint Connect is great to use for all outbound e-mail communication. The Outlook plug-in works well when it does not have activation issues. I don't use it for internal e-mails, so I can't speak to how it works for that.
Never had to use the support team, which probably means the product works well!
LinkPoint is currently being used by our inside and outside sales teams in multiple regions/countries. It allows us to quickly add emails and create contacts/leads from outlook. Prior to LinkPoint , we had Salesforce for outlook but we could only use the add email feature as the create functionality was no good to us because it didn’t follow our custom fields or honor our validation rules.
  • Adding emails is a breeze.
  • Creating contacts/leads from outlook is as simple as highlight, drag and drop.
  • Additional customization to allow you to bring in associates custom objects.
  • Installation is a bit tricky for non tech savvy users.
  • Ability to sort/filter search results when looking for additional records.
  • The ability to mass create multiple contacts/leads from an email would be nice.
LinkPoint is great for people who spend a lot of time working inside outlook. It allows you to update and add records directly from outlook and it has some built-in duplicate prevention which is nice if you don’t have duplicate prevention measures in place. It’s fast and stable. A lot of our users were unable to use SFO due to it crashing outlook.