Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of LinkPoint Connect, and make your voice heard!
LinkPoint Connect for Outlook + Salesforce
LinkPoint Connect for Outlook + Microsoft Dynamics CRM
LinkPoint Connect for IBM Notes + Salesforce
Entry-level set up fee?
- $16 per user per yearRequired
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
LinkPoint Connect promises to streamline data entry and access by enabling users to instantly view CRM data within their email client. This sales intelligence solution integrates Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM data in Outlook or IBM Notes.
According to the vendor, key capabilities include:
- View real-time Salesforce data without ever leaving your email. Click on an email, and the LinkPoint Connect Side Panel instantly displays that contact’s information directly from Salesforce.
- Record emails to Salesforce when sending or receiving messages. LinkPoint Connect makes it easy to associate emails with the right contacts and opportunities with just a few clicks.
- Create new records with ease…and without the hassle of copy and paste actions between your email and CRM. Drag and drop email signatures or leverage Smart Forms to create new records.
- Sync calendars, contacts, and tasks with one-way or two-way sync between email and the CRM with independent rules.
- And with an upgraded Desktop Plus Edition, users have the added capability to log meeting notes that map directly to Salesforce fields. Choose the questions or data that mean the most to your organization's workflow, and LinkPoint Connect will prompt you team to input their meeting feedback.
- PC installation and web cloud access.
- Supported: Record emails, create new contacts, and sync content to the CRM from the email client.
- Supported: View contact, lead, and opportunity data or record inbound/outbound emails to the CRM.
- Supported: Sync contacts, calendars, and tasks and work with custom objects.
- Salesforce Lightning Platform (formerly Salesforce App Cloud) - deprecated
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Supported Languages||English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Norwegian, Danish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Italian|
- Setup is pretty seamless, at least from an end-user point of view. Essentially you open both Outlook and Salesforce, and then click on the LinkPoint Connect button in Outlook. You are then asked to sign in (provide username/password) to Salesforce. That's all--once my login information was accepted it was set up and syncing emails and calendar items from Outlook to Salesforce. Pretty painless!
- Recording/syncing emails to client records is, from my standpoint at least, the core functionality, and LinkPoint does this pretty much flawlessly and with little to no effort or input on my part. This is incredibly important to me as it creates the documentation record I need in Salesforce to provide excellent service to my clients as well as for compliance reasons.
- The LinkPoint interface also makes it very easy and efficient to perform additional actions in Salesforce without ever leaving Outlook. New Salesforce tasks, events, follow up reminders, etc. are all easy to set up from the LinkPoint sidebar directly in Outlook with just a few clicks of the mouse. And, in those cases where you need to go a little deeper there is a link in the sidebar that will open up the client record directly in Salesforce in a single action, bypassing the multi-step process normally required (i.e. open the program, search for the client, select and open the record, etc.). This ease of interaction between the two programs has removed barriers and has helped me be more consistent in fully utilizing what Salesforce has to offer. No longer do I move on to the next item on my to-do list with scribbled note that will hopefully remind me to update Salesforce later, when I have a chance...
- I don't really have any areas where I think LinkPoint as room for improvement. Perhaps this is because I've only been using it a couple of months and haven't yet experienced anything problematic.
- Very easy to use.
- Easy to tag to contacts, accounts, and opportunities separately and at the same time.
- Minimally invasive into the rest of my workflow.
- The plug-in for Outlook needs to be reset every couple of months.
- It does not tag e-mails sent from mobile devices (or we haven't figured out how to do that yet).
- Adding emails is a breeze.
- Creating contacts/leads from outlook is as simple as highlight, drag and drop.
- Additional customization to allow you to bring in associates custom objects.
- Installation is a bit tricky for non tech savvy users.
- Ability to sort/filter search results when looking for additional records.
- The ability to mass create multiple contacts/leads from an email would be nice.