LiquidPlanner is a cloud based predictive project management solution. Some key features include: Dynamic Timeline View, Workload View, and Real-Time Activity Stream.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/jk/Or/6FSQB1BV5DT3.JPEGDespite adoption issues, I'm still a believerOur organization is still in its infancy regarding adoption of LiquidPlanner. I'm currently acting as the primary evangelist for the product to encourage more people to start using it. As a CPG company, I am attempting to prove out how LiquidPlanner can be employed to facilitate our product development process, for which we have many projects with complicated dependencies running concurrently, with competing (and changing) priorities.,Ability to dynamically reprioritize work and immediately see the effect on all active projects (for example, if you put a deadline at risk because another project is dropped in and takes precedence). Great transparency of entire project portfolio, since by default everything resides in a single workspace. Nobody can hide from missed deadlines; they're there for all to see. Product is designed to be collaborative; everyone can easily update the status of their own tasks, capture conversations at a project or task level (reducing email overload), and attach documents from other services such as Box. Great online help/support portal with lots of video tutorials and knowledge base articles. Our dedicated customer success manager has been more than willing to help us in any way possible to improve our utilization of LiquidPlanner by sharing best practices, reviewing our workspace and making suggestions, etc. If you are willing to invest in LiquidPlanner, they are there to support you every step of the way.,Security/permissions could be more flexible. Users can be granted access to either the entire project workspace or specific projects. I'd prefer a middle option where you can grant a user access to all current and future projects that reside in a particular "package" (a LiquidPlanner construct for grouping similar tasks or projects). LiquidPlanner has some unique scheduling concepts that may be unfamiliar to seasoned project managers who dream about Gantt charts and are MS Project experts. In fact, this is one of the reasons why some individuals at my company have struggled to embrace it. I think that LiquidPlanner could add some modules to their online support site to focus specifically on this type of individual and help to ease the transition to the LiquidPlanner way of thinking. Their desktop web application is stellar. However, they've been lagging in updating their mobile app. I don't think that the mobile app needs all of the functionality of the desktop web application (it would make the smartphone app too complicated to use), but the basic UI hasn't evolved along with iOS and could use some sprucing up.,8,At the moment, we do not have enough individuals in the organization using LiquidPlanner to have any meaningful impact to ROI, but I still believe that it has great potential. I think once we reach the "tipping point" and start to manage more and more of our projects in it, we will eliminate or reduce much of the chaos and confusion we face currently by having myriad project management tools, templates, and methodologies practiced through the organization (if at all).,Clarizen and Microsoft Project,Box, DocuSign, SAP ERPStop searching. LiquidPlanner is the only project management software you need.TCA is a custom machine builder. We are project based. Most of our designs are one-offs. Projects last three months to one year. Our engineers work on many projects at one time. LiquidPlanner is ideal for our business model. We especially like the ASAP feature that allows management to direct attention to where it needs to be. We also use LiquidPlanner to determine our staffing needs. I can reassign projects to virtual members to see where the revenue lands and how it impacts our sales goals for the year.,Priority based planning. Every other planning software we've used relies on dates and therefore needs constant attention. Priority based planning means that the plan is always up to date. Ease of use. LiquidPlanner has a very short learning curve. This is critical to getting team members to use it. Forecasting. LiquidPlanner makes it very easy to run scenarios by simply dragging and dropping projects and reassigning resources. Awesome Support. I get personal responses very fast. Usually within a couple hours. And, they listen and ask for more information.,Importing. Right now, LiquidPlanner only imports some fields. I have made an Excel spreadsheet that generates the labor tasks for our projects. I need importing to allow for dependencies, default activity and multiple owners. I've submitted a request for this. They are working on it. Dashboards. Dashboards were just rolled out in the last release. I haven't found it particularly useful just yet. They have not exposed a lot of information for use in the widgets thus far. Fixed expenses. It would be great to have the ability to account for fixed expenses for a project.,10,More accurate lead times for our customers Better planning and revenue forcasing,ProjectManager.com,Zoho Projects,1CRM,Microsoft ProjectMap Out Your Project, Go Where You Need to GoCurrently we have one department actively using it, but we have plans to get more of the company involved. It addresses the issues of being able to visualize a long, complex workflow.,LiquidPlanner's biggest strength is that it allows you to have a simple visualization of a complex workflow with the use of packages, project folders, tasks, etc. Long-term projects can be overwhelming, especially if you have to multitask. LiquidPlanner allows you to manage efficiently. LiquidPlanner is a very powerful project management tool, but it allows you to use it in varying levels. The more data you want to give it, the more data it will give you, allowing you to perfect your team and project's workflow. The most notable example is time estimates. If you are able to estimate how much time certain tasks within a project take, you can roughly calculate how long the whole project will take. If kept up with, it can be extremely valuable to budget time and resources. With its different ways of commenting, communication about specific portions of a project is very easy. The tagging system works really well, so that when you tag someone on a comment, they will get an email that will notify them, keeping the whole project moving along.,LiquidPlanner's mobile app definitely needs some work. It doesn't display properly, having many things on the right hand side cut off. It doesn't update/refresh well. I can't imagine the mobile app will ever have the functionality of the Web version, but it needs to come a lot closer. LiquidPlanner requires that everyone actively participate in order to maximize its benefit. However, it can be difficult for everyone to be on top of all of their responsibilities all of the time. Not sure on a solution, but it can be a lot to manage.,8,LiquidPlanner really forces you to map out your workflow. For me, honing into a template that I can later adjust as needed has been huge, as there is less time at the beginning of a project trying to assign and figure out what needs to happen when usually it never changes. Communication between employees, especially ones not immediately available in the office has been very welcomed. It helps having conversations documented in a public, logical place that is easy to find and refer to as the project continues. Our productivity has definitely skyrocketed as we've really gotten a feel and committed to using LiquidPlanner daily. As we move forward, we continually try to add more and more ways for us to use the service.,Atlassian JIRALiquidPlanner is a low-cost alternative to traditional PM softwareLiquidPlanner is the primary software used by Redapt, Inc. for project scheduling and resource allocation. LP allows us to track and assign project tasks in real-time, creating an integrated experience for team members and management. We are able to evaluate the utilization of resources and make educated decisions on resource allocation through the Analytics module.,The ability to organize projects into packages and easily move projects between ownership makes the tool quite useful. Creating templates provides the ability to quickly and easily create new projects with similar tasks. The reporting features allow for a multitude of views into the productivity of resources and project completion.,Reporting can be somewhat difficult to manage without some trial and error.,7,Increased employee efficiency Ability to create accountability among team members The lack of a useful mobile module creates a bit of lag in entering time.,ProjectLiquidPlanner is a Solid AppWe use Liquid Planner to manage tasks across our organization. It took me a bit of getting used to, but now I wonder why I hadn't used it sooner. Right from managing individual activities, to managing project tasks between teams, LiquidPlanner offers an end to end solution for project managers and team leads.,Resource management Task allocation Tracking deadlines,Better control of team inbox to help filter sensitive project information,5,Optimized productivity Increased accountability,4
LiquidPlanner

LiquidPlanner Reviews

LiquidPlanner
Filter 16 vetted LiquidPlanner reviews and ratings
Andrew Ellis profile photo
February 23, 2016

LiquidPlanner Review: "Despite adoption issues, I'm still a believer"

• Ability to dynamically reprioritize work and immediately see the effect on all active projects (for example, if you put a deadline at risk because another project is dropped in and takes precedence).
  • Great transparency of entire project portfolio, since by default everything resides in a single workspace. Nobody can hide from missed deadlines; they're there for all to see.
  • Product is designed to be collaborative; everyone can easily update the status of their own tasks, capture conversations at a project or task level (reducing email overload), and attach documents from other services such as Box.
  • Great online help/support portal with lots of video tutorials and knowledge base articles.
  • Our dedicated customer success manager has been more than willing to help us in any way possible to improve our utilization of LiquidPlanner by sharing best practices, reviewing our workspace and making suggestions, etc. If you are willing to invest in LiquidPlanner, they are there to support you every step of the way.
  • Security/permissions could be more flexible. Users can be granted access to either the entire project workspace or specific projects. I'd prefer a middle option where you can grant a user access to all current and future projects that reside in a particular "package" (a LiquidPlanner construct for grouping similar tasks or projects).
  • LiquidPlanner has some unique scheduling concepts that may be unfamiliar to seasoned project managers who dream about Gantt charts and are MS Project experts. In fact, this is one of the reasons why some individuals at my company have struggled to embrace it. I think that LiquidPlanner could add some modules to their online support site to focus specifically on this type of individual and help to ease the transition to the LiquidPlanner way of thinking.
  • Their desktop web application is stellar. However, they've been lagging in updating their mobile app. I don't think that the mobile app needs all of the functionality of the desktop web application (it would make the smartphone app too complicated to use), but the basic UI hasn't evolved along with iOS and could use some sprucing up.
LiquidPlanner is great for any organization looking for an easy-to-use collaborative project management solution and is willing to break away from the "MS Project style" of project management. It is suited particularly well for agencies or consulting firms who work on client projects, although we are a CPG company, and I have no issue using it for internal projects.
Read Andrew Ellis's full review
Robert Tupa profile photo
March 13, 2015

Review: "Stop searching. LiquidPlanner is the only project management software you need."

• Priority based planning. Every other planning software we've used relies on dates and therefore needs constant attention. Priority based planning means that the plan is always up to date.
  • Ease of use. LiquidPlanner has a very short learning curve. This is critical to getting team members to use it.
  • Forecasting. LiquidPlanner makes it very easy to run scenarios by simply dragging and dropping projects and reassigning resources.
  • Awesome Support. I get personal responses very fast. Usually within a couple hours. And, they listen and ask for more information.
  • Importing. Right now, LiquidPlanner only imports some fields. I have made an Excel spreadsheet that generates the labor tasks for our projects. I need importing to allow for dependencies, default activity and multiple owners. I've submitted a request for this. They are working on it.
  • Dashboards. Dashboards were just rolled out in the last release. I haven't found it particularly useful just yet. They have not exposed a lot of information for use in the widgets thus far.
  • Fixed expenses. It would be great to have the ability to account for fixed expenses for a project.
What happens to your plan the day after you create it? For other software, it's out of date. Because LiquidPlanner is priority based, the expected due dates are always valid.
Read Robert Tupa's full review
Clay J. Seal profile photo
March 03, 2015

LiquidPlanner Review: "Map Out Your Project, Go Where You Need to Go"

• LiquidPlanner's biggest strength is that it allows you to have a simple visualization of a complex workflow with the use of packages, project folders, tasks, etc. Long-term projects can be overwhelming, especially if you have to multitask. LiquidPlanner allows you to manage efficiently.
  • LiquidPlanner is a very powerful project management tool, but it allows you to use it in varying levels. The more data you want to give it, the more data it will give you, allowing you to perfect your team and project's workflow. The most notable example is time estimates. If you are able to estimate how much time certain tasks within a project take, you can roughly calculate how long the whole project will take. If kept up with, it can be extremely valuable to budget time and resources.
  • With its different ways of commenting, communication about specific portions of a project is very easy. The tagging system works really well, so that when you tag someone on a comment, they will get an email that will notify them, keeping the whole project moving along.
  • LiquidPlanner's mobile app definitely needs some work. It doesn't display properly, having many things on the right hand side cut off. It doesn't update/refresh well. I can't imagine the mobile app will ever have the functionality of the Web version, but it needs to come a lot closer.
  • LiquidPlanner requires that everyone actively participate in order to maximize its benefit. However, it can be difficult for everyone to be on top of all of their responsibilities all of the time. Not sure on a solution, but it can be a lot to manage.
I think LiquidPlanner is best suited for workflows that involve multiple people, as it really emphasizes accountability. However, I can see it being useful to a single person working on a large project with lots of steps.
Read Clay J. Seal's full review
Mike McQuery profile photo
March 07, 2015

Review: "LiquidPlanner is a low-cost alternative to traditional PM software"

• The ability to organize projects into packages and easily move projects between ownership makes the tool quite useful.
  • Creating templates provides the ability to quickly and easily create new projects with similar tasks.
  • The reporting features allow for a multitude of views into the productivity of resources and project completion.
  • Reporting can be somewhat difficult to manage without some trial and error.
LiquidPlanner is quite useful for multiple small projects that are shared across a large number of users. The web-based interface allows for quick updates across the enterprise. I would not recommend using this tool for projects that contain a large number of dynamic tasks. The web interface can be somewhat slow in making changes to project structure.
Read Mike McQuery's full review
Hugh Daniels profile photo
January 19, 2015

User Review: "LiquidPlanner is a Solid App"

• Resource management
  • Task allocation
  • Tracking deadlines
  • Better control of team inbox to help filter sensitive project information
It is especially great for managing large teams, or long-term projects. I used it with a small team and found it to be useful, but I think the benefits of the app will be amplified in a larger organizational setting.
Read Hugh Daniels's full review
February 02, 2016

LiquidPlanner Review: "No More Missed Deadlines or Over-Budget Projects"

LiquidPlanner is used organization-wide to manage client projects, time budgets, deadlines, project assets and employee time sheets. It keeps all of our projects focused and on track for timely on-budget completion with easy collaboration between team members.
  • Prioritize projects and deadlines.
  • Allow multi-user tasks and set contingencies.
  • Create simple to use working calendar for each user.
  • Assigning projects from 'Inbox' to actual clients is cumbersome.
  • No direct link to calendar view from main navigation.
  • Drag & drop functionality on calendar view would be helpful.
  • When logging time from a timer, the task disappears from the drop-down. This is an inconvenience if you need to mark the project finished.
It is well suited for companies with multiple divisions/clients and numerous projects. It would be overkill for small companies managing fewer than 25 projects at a time. It is well-suited for those managing teams with multiple members, especially when they're working on the same projects at the same time and/or if their projects are contingent upon each other. LiquidPlanner is highly suited for deadline specific project management.
March 06, 2015

LiquidPlanner Review: "Easy to use for scheduling and task management"

I used LiquidPlanner to create the Gantt chart for following progress and milestones for a project. You can visualize when deadlines are and when you want to start working on a milestone. You also get reminders about starting something or when a task is due. It helps make the responsible person and project manager accountable for tasks.
  • Visualize tasks and milestones. It was very easy to create tasks and relations between tasks. Nice to be able to export them for others to see.
  • Reminders for tasks and milestones. This really helped keep everyone on task for their responsibilities.
  • Create reports. These were very useful for meetings and showing others about project progress.
  • It was very difficult to have any overlap between tasks that needed to be worked on at the same time. The schedule would not allow it.
  • The task/milestone list was listed in order of priority as opposed to the order that you want them. It was difficult to see relatedness between tasks.
Liquid Planner is well suited for situations where you want to make sure every hour is accountable and scheduled. It is less appropriate when the times that you work on certain tasks overlap and are less strictly defined.
June 20, 2014

"LiquidPlanner Review"

We use LiquidPlanner for to manage software implementation projects for new customers and customers that upgrade or add on new modules. In the past, we used NetSuite to try to manage projects, but since that wasn't a true project management software things were easily lost or buried. LiquidPlanner provides a detailed look at projects' status and provides a quick snapshot of who is working with each customer.
  • Ease of use
  • Notifications - emails members when tasks are assigned or updated, and you can follow tasks that are not yours so that you can keep track of their status.
  • Well designed UI
  • Unique mail addressees for each task to keep track of correspondence
  • Reporting - sometimes I can't filter on the fields I need to report on
  • Personal reporting - without administrative access users cannot easily export a list of all tasks they have outstanding
  • Not responsive - hard to view on phone/tablet
If you have complex projects with many steps and many people working on them, or if you have a desire to report on many small aspects of a project, LiquidPlanner might not be the best fit. If you have smaller scale projects and are ok with doing some manipulation of project data outside of LiquidPlanner, it's a great software.

Task Management (5)
Resource Management (4)
9.9
Gantt Charts (3)
Scheduling (5)
Workflow Automation (2)
6.5
Team Collaboration (5)
Support for Agile Methodology (1)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (1)
Document Management (3)
9.9
Email integration (5)
Mobile Access (4)
3.1
Timesheet Tracking (4)
Budget and Expense Management (1)

About LiquidPlanner

Does not have featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Does not have featureProject & financial reporting
Does not have featureIntegration with accounting software
Has featurePriority-Based Scheduling