Reviews (1-10 of 10)
December 07, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
Our entire organization uses LiquidPlanner to manage projects and tasks. Our Production department uses it primarily, while our Marketing department has been using it to interact with the Production department on their tasks, and also has been starting to track their own tasks. It addresses the problem of not having a cohesive system for tracking various projects and tasks together. It does an effective job of managing an entire company's tasks.
- Manages a huge amount of information related to projects and tasks.
- Offers different views and search options to get the information you're looking for.
- Estimation and time tracking work well and help keep everyone on the same page.
- The interface is messy and cluttered. The best way to find things and see what you actually want to see is the main Projects view which is also the most cluttered and hardest to maneuver in.
- Clicking an external link someone posted in a comment or task description doesn't open in a new window by default, so we are constantly having to go back to get to LiquidPlanner again.
- The way that the interface saves your state globally (rather than per tab instance) means that if you click a link from someone else to a task that's not yours, then it adjusts your filters on the Projects page. Then if you refresh another LiquidPlanner window where you were on the Projects tab, suddenly all of its filters are updated and what you were looking at may no longer be there.
- It might just be the way that we use the system, but the Home and My Work tabs are fairly useless for us. They typically don't show the tasks we're actually looking for.
Read Ben McClure's full review
It is suited well if the whole company is on-board and if you take the time and effort to train everyone and to use LiquidPlanner as it was designed. Used in such a scenario, I think it could be a very effective project management and task tracking tool. If you have custom needs and need a solution that will bend to support almost any scenario, you might end up fighting with the system to get it to do what you want.
Our entire company uses LiquidPlanner to schedule projects across all team members and track time. It's great for tracking time and it also really helps us see the big picture of what we're currently working on as well as what's in the pipeline. It allows our sales team to better predict how soon a new project can get on the schedule, and it also helps us better support our existing customers by budgeting hours each week to address any concerns or new items that pop-up on the schedule.
Read this authenticated review
It is great for large companies or small -- basically any company where you want to be able to get both a high-level overview and a granular look at your current and future workload. It's also great for time tracking, particularly if you want/need to track on a granular and/or task level.
February 23, 2016
Our organization is still in its infancy regarding adoption of LiquidPlanner. I'm currently acting as the primary evangelist for the product to encourage more people to start using it. As a CPG company, I am attempting to prove out how LiquidPlanner can be employed to facilitate our product development process, for which we have many projects with complicated dependencies running concurrently, with competing (and changing) priorities.
- Ability to dynamically reprioritize work and immediately see the effect on all active projects (for example, if you put a deadline at risk because another project is dropped in and takes precedence).
- Great transparency of entire project portfolio, since by default everything resides in a single workspace. Nobody can hide from missed deadlines; they're there for all to see.
- Product is designed to be collaborative; everyone can easily update the status of their own tasks, capture conversations at a project or task level (reducing email overload), and attach documents from other services such as Box.
- Great online help/support portal with lots of video tutorials and knowledge base articles.
- Our dedicated customer success manager has been more than willing to help us in any way possible to improve our utilization of LiquidPlanner by sharing best practices, reviewing our workspace and making suggestions, etc. If you are willing to invest in LiquidPlanner, they are there to support you every step of the way.
- Security/permissions could be more flexible. Users can be granted access to either the entire project workspace or specific projects. I'd prefer a middle option where you can grant a user access to all current and future projects that reside in a particular "package" (a LiquidPlanner construct for grouping similar tasks or projects).
- LiquidPlanner has some unique scheduling concepts that may be unfamiliar to seasoned project managers who dream about Gantt charts and are MS Project experts. In fact, this is one of the reasons why some individuals at my company have struggled to embrace it. I think that LiquidPlanner could add some modules to their online support site to focus specifically on this type of individual and help to ease the transition to the LiquidPlanner way of thinking.
- Their desktop web application is stellar. However, they've been lagging in updating their mobile app. I don't think that the mobile app needs all of the functionality of the desktop web application (it would make the smartphone app too complicated to use), but the basic UI hasn't evolved along with iOS and could use some sprucing up.
Read Andrew Ellis's full review
LiquidPlanner is great for any organization looking for an easy-to-use collaborative project management solution and is willing to break away from the "MS Project style" of project management. It is suited particularly well for agencies or consulting firms who work on client projects, although we are a CPG company, and I have no issue using it for internal projects.
Score 10 out of 10
TCA is a custom machine builder. We are project based. Most of our designs are one-offs. Projects last three months to one year. Our engineers work on many projects at one time. LiquidPlanner is ideal for our business model. We especially like the ASAP feature that allows management to direct attention to where it needs to be. We also use LiquidPlanner to determine our staffing needs. I can reassign projects to virtual members to see where the revenue lands and how it impacts our sales goals for the year.
- Priority based planning. Every other planning software we've used relies on dates and therefore needs constant attention. Priority based planning means that the plan is always up to date.
- Ease of use. LiquidPlanner has a very short learning curve. This is critical to getting team members to use it.
- Forecasting. LiquidPlanner makes it very easy to run scenarios by simply dragging and dropping projects and reassigning resources.
- Awesome Support. I get personal responses very fast. Usually within a couple hours. And, they listen and ask for more information.
- Importing. Right now, LiquidPlanner only imports some fields. I have made an Excel spreadsheet that generates the labor tasks for our projects. I need importing to allow for dependencies, default activity and multiple owners. I've submitted a request for this. They are working on it.
- Dashboards. Dashboards were just rolled out in the last release. I haven't found it particularly useful just yet. They have not exposed a lot of information for use in the widgets thus far.
- Fixed expenses. It would be great to have the ability to account for fixed expenses for a project.
Read Robert Tupa's full review
What happens to your plan the day after you create it? For other software, it's out of date. Because LiquidPlanner is priority based, the expected due dates are always valid.
March 03, 2015
Currently we have one department actively using it, but we have plans to get more of the company involved. It addresses the issues of being able to visualize a long, complex workflow.
- LiquidPlanner's biggest strength is that it allows you to have a simple visualization of a complex workflow with the use of packages, project folders, tasks, etc. Long-term projects can be overwhelming, especially if you have to multitask. LiquidPlanner allows you to manage efficiently.
- LiquidPlanner is a very powerful project management tool, but it allows you to use it in varying levels. The more data you want to give it, the more data it will give you, allowing you to perfect your team and project's workflow. The most notable example is time estimates. If you are able to estimate how much time certain tasks within a project take, you can roughly calculate how long the whole project will take. If kept up with, it can be extremely valuable to budget time and resources.
- With its different ways of commenting, communication about specific portions of a project is very easy. The tagging system works really well, so that when you tag someone on a comment, they will get an email that will notify them, keeping the whole project moving along.
- LiquidPlanner's mobile app definitely needs some work. It doesn't display properly, having many things on the right hand side cut off. It doesn't update/refresh well. I can't imagine the mobile app will ever have the functionality of the Web version, but it needs to come a lot closer.
- LiquidPlanner requires that everyone actively participate in order to maximize its benefit. However, it can be difficult for everyone to be on top of all of their responsibilities all of the time. Not sure on a solution, but it can be a lot to manage.
Read Clay J. Seal's full review
I think LiquidPlanner is best suited for workflows that involve multiple people, as it really emphasizes accountability. However, I can see it being useful to a single person working on a large project with lots of steps.
Score 7 out of 10
LiquidPlanner is the primary software used by Redapt, Inc. for project scheduling and resource allocation. LP allows us to track and assign project tasks in real-time, creating an integrated experience for team members and management. We are able to evaluate the utilization of resources and make educated decisions on resource allocation through the Analytics module.
- The ability to organize projects into packages and easily move projects between ownership makes the tool quite useful.
- Creating templates provides the ability to quickly and easily create new projects with similar tasks.
- The reporting features allow for a multitude of views into the productivity of resources and project completion.
- Reporting can be somewhat difficult to manage without some trial and error.
Read Mike McQuery's full review
LiquidPlanner is quite useful for multiple small projects that are shared across a large number of users. The web-based interface allows for quick updates across the enterprise. I would not recommend using this tool for projects that contain a large number of dynamic tasks. The web interface can be somewhat slow in making changes to project structure.
January 19, 2015
Score 5 out of 10
We use Liquid Planner to manage tasks across our organization. It took me a bit of getting used to, but now I wonder why I hadn't used it sooner. Right from managing individual activities, to managing project tasks between teams, LiquidPlanner offers an end to end solution for project managers and team leads.
Read Hugh Daniels's full review
It is especially great for managing large teams, or long-term projects. I used it with a small team and found it to be useful, but I think the benefits of the app will be amplified in a larger organizational setting.
February 02, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
LiquidPlanner is used organization-wide to manage client projects, time budgets, deadlines, project assets and employee time sheets. It keeps all of our projects focused and on track for timely on-budget completion with easy collaboration between team members.
- Prioritize projects and deadlines.
- Allow multi-user tasks and set contingencies.
- Create simple to use working calendar for each user.
- Assigning projects from 'Inbox' to actual clients is cumbersome.
- No direct link to calendar view from main navigation.
- Drag & drop functionality on calendar view would be helpful.
- When logging time from a timer, the task disappears from the drop-down. This is an inconvenience if you need to mark the project finished.
Read this authenticated review
It is well suited for companies with multiple divisions/clients and numerous projects. It would be overkill for small companies managing fewer than 25 projects at a time. It is well-suited for those managing teams with multiple members, especially when they're working on the same projects at the same time and/or if their projects are contingent upon each other. LiquidPlanner is highly suited for deadline specific project management.
March 06, 2015
Score 9 out of 10
I used LiquidPlanner to create the Gantt chart for following progress and milestones for a project. You can visualize when deadlines are and when you want to start working on a milestone. You also get reminders about starting something or when a task is due. It helps make the responsible person and project manager accountable for tasks.
- Visualize tasks and milestones. It was very easy to create tasks and relations between tasks. Nice to be able to export them for others to see.
- Reminders for tasks and milestones. This really helped keep everyone on task for their responsibilities.
- Create reports. These were very useful for meetings and showing others about project progress.
- It was very difficult to have any overlap between tasks that needed to be worked on at the same time. The schedule would not allow it.
- The task/milestone list was listed in order of priority as opposed to the order that you want them. It was difficult to see relatedness between tasks.
Read this authenticated review
Liquid Planner is well suited for situations where you want to make sure every hour is accountable and scheduled. It is less appropriate when the times that you work on certain tasks overlap and are less strictly defined.
June 20, 2014
We use LiquidPlanner for to manage software implementation projects for new customers and customers that upgrade or add on new modules. In the past, we used NetSuite to try to manage projects, but since that wasn't a true project management software things were easily lost or buried. LiquidPlanner provides a detailed look at projects' status and provides a quick snapshot of who is working with each customer.
- Ease of use
- Notifications - emails members when tasks are assigned or updated, and you can follow tasks that are not yours so that you can keep track of their status.
- Well designed UI
- Unique mail addressees for each task to keep track of correspondence
- Reporting - sometimes I can't filter on the fields I need to report on
- Personal reporting - without administrative access users cannot easily export a list of all tasks they have outstanding
- Not responsive - hard to view on phone/tablet
Read this authenticated review
If you have complex projects with many steps and many people working on them, or if you have a desire to report on many small aspects of a project, LiquidPlanner might not be the best fit. If you have smaller scale projects and are ok with doing some manipulation of project data outside of LiquidPlanner, it's a great software.
LiquidPlanner Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
LiquidPlanner is a cloud based predictive project management solution. Some key features include: Dynamic Timeline View, Workload View, and Real-Time Activity Stream.
Dashboards allow you to build high-level views that help you visualize your data and share information with workspace members and external collaborators.Detailed view into any project task, checklists, social collaboration and more.Card View - Kanban style visualization of your projectsMulti-Project Scheduling Made EasyComplete analytics suite
Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?Optional
LiquidPlanner Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
LiquidPlanner Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
LiquidPlanner Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|