Reviews (1-9 of 9)
Our Development team uses Little Green Light to track individual donor stewardship as well as some grants. I am the sole development staff on the team, but we have a committee of 6 development volunteers who I manage as well.
- Donor touch tracking (calls, meetings, etc.)
- Relationships and stewardship
- Forms for event and other registrations
- Financial reporting and gift tracking
- Great support team! I was initially worried because they don't have a contact number, but they reply to support questions really quickly and are always helpful.
- Tracking partners/spouses is a bit ambiguous, whether to track as two separate individuals or the same contact (both have their pros and cons).
- Not strong in grant tracking/reporting
- No app (yet!)
I LOVE Little Green Light! I was part of my old org's transition to this database, then I consulted a nonprofit and supported their transition to Little Green Light. Then, I started with my current org 2 years ago and moved us over. It's by far the best donor database I've used.
Read Emily Westlake, MNPL's full review
Does not have a phone number to call, but their support staff is incredibly knowledgeable and really quick to reply. They are almost always able to solve the problem quickly and are open to edits/modifications to the system when issues arise. They also have a robust help center with recorded webinars and tutorials to navigate as you're learning the database or to share as you're training others.
January 31, 2020
Little Green Light is our donor management software. It stores information about our donors and other constituents and allows us to track donations and acknowledgments, create reports, communicate with constituents, and more. It is used by people in this organization who are involved with fundraising, financials, and donor stewardship. It allows us to maintain excellent and robust donation records, familiarize ourselves with our donors, and process donation payments seamlessly from our website.
- Saves time and steps when receiving, categorizing, and acknowledging donations.
- It is a powerful relational database with the flexibility to view information in many different ways.
- I wish the LGL Forms could send notices when a customer's recurring payment fails.
- More integration with other programs would be wonderful.
LGL is a robust and powerful tool for nonprofit organizations of all sizes, who want to track their donor base. It is user-friendly, intuitive, and very customizable. The ability to receive donations using LGL Forms works seamlessly with the database, saving you time in data entry, and you can easily look at reports that illustrate your levels of giving year-by-year.
Read Bonnie Hammond's full review
LGL support is absolutely unreal. Send a question straight from inside the software and within minutes you will receive a response from someone at the company who will help you. Most of the time, the person responding to my questions is one of the developers or owners of the company. They are kind, patient, and very helpful. The online knowledge base is very comprehensive as well.
January 23, 2020
We use LGL within the advancement department for donor management and gift tracking. It also houses our mailing list for the organization, including current parents and alumni. It is not our primary student software system, but we maintain some student information because it is very convenient to have access to it using LGL's functionality. We like the ease of segmenting, list-building, creating custom reports, recording constituent contacts, and the user-friendly presentation of information.
As a small non-profit, we find LGL is very well-suited to our needs for managing our donor relationships and fundraising efforts. As a school, our constituents include current parents and students; while we include them in LGL for convenience, we don't expect LGL to function as a student information system or parent portal, and therefore have other systems for this information.
Read Megan Farkas's full review
In the early years, I received extremely fast responses to any request for help or suggestion for improved functionality. Recently I haven't had a reason to seek support because the system performs as I need. Online help is very descriptive and acts as a good reference.
January 23, 2020
Hope Clinic uses Little Green Light for our donor management and communications. We use it for event forms and sign-ups, as well as producing year-end statements for donors. We have approximately 1,400 donors and grantors and have been able to segment our donor database into categories, which makes for easier management and communication. The price and robust nature of LGL make this a no-brainer for small to medium-size nonprofits. I can't say enough about them.
- Handles donor communications with ease.
- Integration with PayPal is seamless.
- I wish it had email formatting rather than integrating with MailChimp, but a small price to pay since it does in fact handle email communications. I've actually found that donors appreciate the "personal" touch versus the more polished, formatted email of MailChimp because they feel like the email went just to them.
- Wish it had the ability to email year-end statements as easy as it is to print them.
Hope Clinic has a 1,400 member donor database, including grantors, one-time donors, event attendees, volunteers, churches, etc. It handles gift management with ease, as it does email communication. It's super easy to segment and select a list of your choosing and email just the selected donors. We use it for forms to collect event attendees, surveys, and donations. I honestly can't say enough about this platform and have recommended it to every NPO who asks on Facebook groups. You can't beat the price for the robustness of the system.
Read Sheri Rettew's full review
Little Green Light support has always been accessible and accurate in their assistance when it's been needed. The tutorials and webinars are also of great assistance. The best gift any development director or executive director can give themself is the gift of LGL, learning its features, and getting ready to improve their relationship with their donor's thanks to LGL.
January 16, 2020
We use Little Green Light (LGL) to track donor data including donation history, mailings, meeting summaries, contact info, background info, and more. We also use it to pull complex reports with all sorts of data. We develop mailing lists and track data on who receives the mailings. We run fundraising campaigns and track progress using their Appeals and Campaigns functions. We email donors and smaller groups and track all the emails in LGL. Every employee uses it. It's our number-one resource to keep track of information on people.
- You can pull robust reports based on complex queries and get all kinds of information.
- Their customer service is fantastic. If I have any question or need help in the database, they respond and take care of it promptly.
- Occasionally I want to pull a report and can't get the information I want. That's usually when I'm within a certain area of it, like Gifts, and it won't let me pull data outside of a few categories relevant to that. I haven't figured out why yet.
- The interface works well and is easy to read, but it does look like it hasn't been updated in a long time. It's not as modern and flashy as some newer ones. But that's not really a flaw. I don't have a lot of complaints!
Basically any nonprofit can benefit from this. I can't think of an instance where you wouldn't want to use it. I suppose things like Raiser's Edge might be more robust for a really huge nonprofit, but LGL works great for our needs. It's also not appropriate for a business, as it was built for nonprofits and is made to track donor data, not customers and purchasing and tax and all that. LGL is also not accounting software.
Read Abby Henkel's full review
I've never experienced a more responsive or friendly tech company. They are always right on top of emails and will work on a problem until it's solved. I also appreciate their blog, which gives helpful fundraising tips as well as best-use suggestions for getting the most out of the database. The LGL learning center also has tons of resources on how to use the software and get anything you want out of it.
January 31, 2020
LGL is used daily by all US-based of our organization. It serves as our donor "address book," record of communications, funding and campaign database, and host of donor-facing online giving pages.
- LGL has many functions, but unlike Salesforce or bigger software, the less-used functions do not crowd out the basics. First-time users are easily coached and not overwhelmed, in my experience implementing it in my organization.
- LGL is a great value for the price! Could not find a better deal in all my research.
- We have yet to get a good handle on getting automatic notifications for thank-yous.
- No integration yet with QuickBooks.
LGL is well-suited to our organization of $500,000 and three employees. We have found it particularly useful for tracking donors' giving, generating year-end statements, taking online donations, generating mass mailings, and recording email communications with donors. Specifically, when Jan comes and we need to send out year-end giving statements, the process is very easy. When we receive a gift via check or online, it is easy to record. We have a sponsorship system where donors can sponsor the education of a certain student, and we have found it very easy to track who sponsors who. We're able to easily send emails to everyone who lies within a certain radius of a ZIP code when we are putting on local events. We're able to easily set up events and record who has attended.
Read this authenticated review
They do not do phone support or chat support, only via email. Every time I have contacted them, they have responded and within 24 hours either solved the issue or explained that the software does not have the functionality.
We are a mid-sized non-profit and we use Little Green Light (LGL) as our primary CRM database. Our primary use is in our development department where we track and manage donations as well as tracking our internal and external relationships. We also use the native forms for our online giving and event registrations.
- Easy to use - Can be set up fairly quickly.
- Powerful but not overwhelming- It can do nearly everything you want from a database but you don't need to have a dedicated staff managing it.
- The mobile site is nonexistent - Not usually a major problem but can be when trying to access information away from a computer.
- Support is only via email and to get a good response you need to have precise questions.
I think it's great for smaller organizations or organizations that don't have a lot of dedicated development staff. For organizations that are processing many gifts, it is probably not the best solution. The permissions system also is limited making users who have to work with donations essentially 'super users' and others having very limited control which if you are worried about privacy within your team can be a challenge.
Read this authenticated review
They are quick to respond via email, and when you ask a specific question they are good at answering or troubleshooting the problem. However, the lack of phone or chat support makes it difficult to explain a situation to the support agent, which I have found to be especially true with staff who are less experienced working with databases.
September 25, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
I am a board member of a nonprofit and we use it to manage donors. It solves the problem of keeping track of donors and how much they have given. We also use it to track potential donors and any campaigns we are running or campaigns we are planning in the future.
- Tracking donors with a team that is sharing data. That way it avoids duplication of efforts.
- Tracking the success of campaigns.
- Keeping track of donor contact such as whether thank you notes were sent.
- Bulk importing contacts is quite cumbersome.
- Integration with QuickBooks needs improvement.
Little Green Light is appropriate for nonprofits who need a way to track their donors - the entire process. Unfortunately, there is a steep learning curve for the software. It may not be appropriate if you don't have the resources to commit to learning it. You may seek out more simple solutions.
Read this authenticated review
Little Green Light has good support. There is a lot of documentation to help you get started. The videos are helpful and they also send you periodic emails to help you in fundraising. I find those particularly useful. They offer topics that help you get the most out of the donor management software.
Little Green Light is used mainly by our Development and Operations department. We use it as our main donation database. Here we record all grants and donations for our whole organization. We use it for reporting, database management, donor management and more. It is a very efficient tracking tool and you can customize depending on the different usage you need it for. Personally it helps me reconcile all grants and donation on the accounting side.
- Donor database management is very efficient.
- Entering data is user friendly.
- You can customize different settings depending on your needs.
- More intregration with other programs such as QB. More seamless.
Read this authenticated review
This tool is a more suited for the Development department specifically on the stewardship part. If there are more integrations with accounting databases, like QB, it would be even more suitable for the operations side. It would be less appropriate for data entry reporting on the accounting side.
Little Green Light Scorecard Summary
What is Little Green Light?
Since 2007, Little Green Light has been developing donor management and fundraising software for small-to-midsize nonprofits designed to streamline many of the tedious tasks nonprofit administrators face, aiming to accomplish this by creating a platform that integrates with many of the software tools nonprofits use today. Through third party software integrations, the Little Green Light donor management and fundraising platform is designed to to complete a task that might otherwise require multiple software tools, to save time, money, and keep focus on the mission.
Little Green Light Screenshots
Little Green Light Videos (2)
Little Green Light Integrations
Little Green Light Competitors
Little Green Light Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Tier 1||$39/mo OR $421 per year when paid annually (10% savings)||Up to 2,500 constituents|
|Tier 2||$49/mo OR $529 per year when paid annually (10% savings)||Up to 5,000 constituents|
|Tier 3||$59/mo OR $637 per year when paid annually (10% savings)||Up to 10,000 constituents|
|Tier 4||$69/mo OR $745 per year when paid annually||Up to 20,000 constituents|
Over 20,000 constituent records? Add $10/mo or $108/yr for each additional 10,000 records.
Little Green Light Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Little Green Light Technical Details