LiveAction LiveNX Reviews

LiveAction's LiveNX product takes the mystery out of your network by assessing your code against best practices, security recommendations, etc. However, this is not where the product functionality ends. The product takes a step by step look at your traffic, via netflow export. The traffic is sampled throughout its flow through your network and makes QOS, route, and security recommendations that can be implemented automatically, or one at a time with a point and click.
  • Network QOS Assessment, and recommendations, and point-and-click remediation
  • Network L2/L3 Assessment, and recommendations, and point-and-click remediation
  • Network Security Assessment, and recommendations, and point-and-click remediation
  • Cost is VERY high for what this product does, but it's worth it if you do not have all of the expertise to prioritize your network properly
The product is best suited for performing assessments on your network infrastructure via data and voice over IP flows. Finding bandwidth hogs is also easy to do with the product (Similar to Plixer's Scrutinizer product), and permits point-and-click remediation of Quality of Service (QOS), layer2/3 transit problems, and security issues.
Randy Zuehlke profile photo
We use LiveAction in basically two departments, infrastructure operations (primarily in the QoS arena) and security operations (Netflow data). As the IT security manager, I use it primarily for network overview and netflow data monitoring. It is a great product to give me insight to our overall network architecture and where I can drill down to those areas I need further detail. Its ability to give me the granularity to further investigate possible security incidents is valuable.
  • Architecture overview with drill down capability by device.
  • Detailed reporting of network traffic by type.
  • Great filtering capability which allows granular capture and review of different data types.
  • Great QoS functionality (Although I personally do not use it since mine is a primarily security function). Our infrastructure operations group utilizes it in that vein.
  • I use it primarily as a monitoring tool from a security standpoint, so one complaint is that the filter creation process takes a little time to learn.
  • In the digital days of printing less, I do still need to print network diagrams for compliance documentation and some of the larger network diagrams documents do not print easily.
  • I wish the network connection lines were easier to see. They are typically very light and you have to drill down to see them more clearly.
Again, I use the product simply from a network flow perspective since security is my focus. In conjunction with a product like Wireshark, LiveAction gives me the visibility into the live data coming across our network. From what my IO Group tells me, it is a great QoS monitoring tool for day to day management.
Read Randy Zuehlke's full review

LiveAction LiveNX Scorecard Summary

Automated network device discovery (1)
Network monitoring (1)
Alerts (1)
Packet capture analysis (1)
Network mapping (1)
Customizable reports (1)
Wireless infrastructure monitoring (1)

About LiveAction LiveNX

LiveAction’s LiveNX is a network performance monitoring and analytics platform. LiveAction claims the platform unifies data and provides packet-level analysis across networks, including remote locations, into centralized visualizations. LiveNX supports web-based application, WAN, and endpoint monitoring. In addition to real-time network visualization and data collection, the vendor provides prebuilt and customizable reports, including site availability reports, and customizable thresholds for alerts powered by proactive machine learning. It can be deployed on-premise, virtually, or in the cloud.

LiveAction LiveNX Technical Details