February 19, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
LMS Practice Management is a software package designed to help manage information in a law practice or legal organization. In our case it was used to manage attorney interactions with clients, accounting, and financial responsibilities. The application help with information management and made it easier to enter data such as billing hours, client information, expenditures, and project time frames.
- The interface is fairly well designed, making it fairly easy to enter data or to create information visualizations.
- The software supports a robust set of features that can all be accessed through a single portal or site.
- There are analysis functions that help show patterns or trends based on time sensitive information.
- The software can sometimes seem buggy and may have some operational issues.
- For some the wealth of features may be intimidating at first, requiring some training to become proficient in its usage.
- The performance of the program can be slow at times.
Read Bruce Emmerling's full review
It is really well suited to medium to large sized attorney firms and practices. For small firms with one or two attorneys, it can be a bit of an overkill with its many features and components. On the other hand, smaller firms could pick and choose which features or components could be used without needing to utilize the entire package.