Reviews (1-23 of 23)
- Ease of development
- Connection to virtually any data source
- HTML 5
- Flexibility toward user requirements
- Analysis Grid could be more use- friendly
- Parameter passing from report to process can be difficult
- CSS enhancements can be counter intuitive
- Logi Analytics has a good embedded analytics platform that helps the user do analysis faster.
- Logi provides a very good scalability option.
- It does analytics on top of a web-based platform, which is good for quick insights into performance.
- The online community is lacking. It is difficult to find solutions to problems while developing analysis.
- For complex analytics, it doesn't have enough documentation.
- Has deployment issues.
- Charts, graphs, data tables.
- A nice tool to organize, filter and analyze the tons of data that we have
- Graphic user interface makes programming applications pretty easy
- Support. Logi used to provide EXCELLENT support. However, they've changed their support model and no longer provide excellent help. I used to get problems resolved within 15-30 minutes. Now, it has gone down to 48 hour response time just to answer a simple question. In-depth questions can go on for days or weeks.
- Based upon the change in support, and the fact that we pay for 'unlimited phone support' in our annual contract, we are moving away from using LOGI as a tool for the future.
- Very configurable for integrating as embedded analytics within an application.
- Good training and support to get ramped as a user.
- Convenient pricing model for a SAAS based business us.
- More customer-facing self-service analysis for our customers
- More native JS embedded analytics
- Logi is very agile- you can use it for anything.
- Logi can be set up to be accessed from anywhere since it is web-based.
- Logi gives you a platform so each project and report already has a head start.
- I would love to have access to better training for my new users and developers.
- An updated interface is probably due.
- I haven’t talked to the company since we purchase it, would love to have them reach out to me.
- Support is top notch
- Allows us to bring disparate data sources and systems together into one application. Our users only need to login into one system to obtain information about all 7 Distribution Centers
- Logi Analytics makes all technical information available to everyone which makes it easy for everyone to research and learn about their product
- I really haven't found any cons or showstoppers with Logi. I've been able to accomplish everything I've needed to do.
- Logi is able to quickly prototype visualizations for data set
- Logi is easy to install and get running.
- Logi provides great documentation for developing on our own.
- Missing functionality with self service. You cannot group with aggregation.
- Out of the box the styling isn't the greatest. You'll need someone with CSS knowledge.
- Very quick to create, deploy, and modify content - we were up and running with a usable product in a matter of months from the time we first got our hands on the Logi development tool.
- Easy to embed and integrate - using custom fonts/css has made the application built entirely with Logi Analytics look like our own native product.
- Slight disconnect between professional services and support - support often tells us something is not possible, professional services makes the impossible possible, but then support is unable to offer troubleshooting and advice due to the changes made.
- Allow for easier integration with advanced charts i.e. maps, D3, etc.
- More theme options - the Theme Editor is great but could be expanded to offer additional styling without needing as much css expertise.
- Exporting to Excel/PDF
- Analytic Grids
- Complexity - there is a lot of functionality available within Logi. It can be confusing to know what to use and when to get the best performance.
- Documentation - it is sometimes hard to find the detailed documentation we need for how to use some of the functionality.
Fast development and deployment. Developers of other BI tools are always impressed when they see how quickly I can develop and deploy reports, a simple one takes 30 minutes from start to being embedded online. Any updated or new reports, templates, CSS, anything, is simply a matter of drag and drop using a cross-platform FTP application such as Filezilla. All this without redeploying the application.
Embeddable data. I focus on mainframe performance, develop complex reports, and publish them as web pages that just require emailing the URL. Reports that previously may have taken several create by screening scraping data are now available online and pushed into Excel with just a few clicks of a button.
They stay in touch. Monthly meetings with my Technical Account Manager allows me to discuss any problems or ask questions about any coding I might be struggling with. The Logi team always greets me with open arms and a big smile whenever I visit their Logi office.
Number one industry Customer services and technical support. All the staff, in general, are wonderful, friendly and accommodating.
- Pull data from multiple data sources, MySQL, Excel, etc, in the same report.
- Publish reports by drag and drop, no need to deploy except for Application or Software updates
- Great people
- User Conference focuses much in a short time. Great value.
- Analysis Grid/Charts are great to explore data and create reports, but also good design tool.
- A short learning curve with great support, plus online labs.
- Documentation is frequently lacking or out of date.
- Only PanthomJS is supported for publishing charts. This is no longer developed and needs reviewing.
- Cannot group for hours or minutes from Elements Wizard or Analysis Grid/Chart
Well suited for rapid development and embedded data.
Needs some tweaking to use on the zLinux mainframe, but it works.
- Rapid development
- Connecting to different data sources all within the same report
- Customer Support and response time
- Account Management
- User Conferences
- Data Exporting
- Ability to incorporate java script easily
- Field validation
- Web Scraping
- Gantt chart does not use date and time
- Pulling all the data from a join table to a different database or source rather than only what needs to be joined... currently the app does the join only after the data is retrieved
- More samples for using different elements outside the normal usage
- Logi Info is a great tool for creating visualizations quickly. This allows our team to provide information back to the requestor without investing a lot of time and effort
- The tool is also highly customizable so when the request is something more specific we can provide exactly what the user wants.
- Logi can help the view into your data but you are going to need to know your data.
- The power of the tool comes at a complexity cost. Especially when later changes are made. Logi has made strides in this with tools like Data Services but making sure you update all data column references can be problematic. I'd like to see better tools in the IDE to manage orphaned settings/options.
- Charts are detailed and easy to create on the client side
- Reports are interactive and easily embedded into our site
- Also, a nice tool to use for internal purposes
- Export to PDF takes too long
- Export to excel is always an issue for clients
- Flexibility and easy standup. Users can choose to create their own Logi application or do a "quick standup" by using design straight out of the box. Due to varied customer requirements, Logi allows the developer to address all needs.
- Great design studio. The studio provided with Logi to create and maintain your Logi app gives a lot of detail and examples to guide you along the way. The tool even includes some additional tools for the layman to assist with deployment or wizards to help you create more complex type reports that otherwise would require more detailed technical knowledge to create. Of course, you can still do anything you want by hand if that is what you prefer!
- Documentation. Logi's developer portal provides plenty of documentation and examples to get users going. Need to create a custom template that builds from a table rather than being hard-coded? Search the documentation and you will find examples to piece together to form your solution!
- Logi Studio is currently only available on Windows. I understand the backend is ASP.net but it would be nice to have more flexibility in this given their software can also be java-based (we run their software on a Linux server using java).
- Logi Info keeps all files as XML, which is fine and actually helps in terms of scripting report creation. The issue is that the majority of settings can only live on a server instead of a database. They do allow reports to now live in a database, but other aspects (such as users saving bookmarks and reports) cannot be and are all saved directly on the server.
- Clear/Concise view of data. Easily intuitive, amazing drill down capability, fully user configurable panels and dashboards.
- Self-Service is such a powerful tool for facilities that want to create/design their own reports/dashboards, it's instantly recognized as being very powerful and agile.
- Logi software makes the designer realize that they should think outside the box and not stick with "it's how we have always done it limitation". It allows you to be very creative.
- Online help is very helpful and very all encompassing, but it could be done more in almost a layman's perspective.
- More detail and explanation on the Request tokens.
- It has so many options and features that it can be overwhelming. I know, this isn't really a problem.
Great options for displaying data, UI provides great assistance helping you determine what chart, graph etc., to utilize for peak output.
Saves tons of developer hours by allowing non-developers to be able to create and design things.
Less Suited - It's not a big fan of displaying 1000 page PDFs but with adequate setup and drill downs, you can turn that huge PDF into 2 pages of what you actually need.
- The ability to easily integrate data across multiple data platforms
- The product is easy to implement and learn
- The elemental design allows for recycling of concepts and features across various reports and output
- The security was easy to implement into our existing environment
- The number of options available for data manipulation and presentation, including Scheduling and Caching data, makes it easy to solve any problem or create content for any request
- Logi's Support Portal staff are absolutely top notch. They are responsive and knowledgeable. Due to the elemental design (see above), it is easy to communicate concepts to and from Logi Support via code samples and/or sample applications. The sample applications which we have received from Logi Support have formed some of the core concepts of our Logi Developer training!
- The toolbox is too vast for Logi to provide a 'quick implementation' or 'quick start guide'. There are so many tools that Logi expects the client to determine which fit their use case. There are purchasable 'Professional Services' options for implementation, but without these, the toolset is almost too big.
- Flexibility in access to various types of data and user interface.
- Built-in troubleshooting tools to diagnose defects and speed development.
- Application is delivered in "text-only" format, which makes it easier to deploy, install and manage.
- Built-in "obfuscation" allows you to protect your intellectual property.
- Always looking for more capabilities for "shared code", including snippets of SQL code.
- the graphics are surprisingly fast.
- multiple data sources are supported, you can use stored procedures, straight SQL, views, etc.
- Logi is fast to bring out new features, and when they have a rare bug, they are quick to fix it.
- there's occasionally weird issues like a Boolean value being set to true, but its false value is just blank, not false. this can make writing SQL more challenging.
- there's old generation graphics, and new. New is nice, but some of the old generation features didn't make it to the new graphics, such as tilting a pie graph on it's access.
- Logi Info is very, very customizable
- Logi has done a great job of easily integrating multiple data sources
- Logi Info presents data that is easily consumable and has flexibility of charts in multiple different forms
- The scheduling of reports is very difficult. Definitely something that shouldn't be as close to as hard as they make it.
- They have improved in this aspect, but their is still room for growth. Sometimes it is hard to add something after the initial wizard run. ie a summary row is a time consuming process if you add it later outside of the wizard.
- The flexibility and automation on drill downs could use a little work.
- Wide array of ways to gather data into the tool
- Extremely flexible components that are also easy to use for beginners
- Great support from the company on getting the tool to adhere to your needs
- Able to run on either Windows or Linux systems
- Detailed and highly available documentation within the tool on how to use every piece of functionality
- Low amount of user forums
- Resulting application fileset is heavy
Logi Analytics Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Logi Analytics
Logi is designed for application owners who have struggled to build/maintain a solution which can scale to meet the ever evolving analytical requirements of end-users, and recognize the limitation of turnkey analytics that offer no opportunity for differentiation.
Logi Analytics Screenshots
Logi Analytics Integrations
Logi Analytics Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Logi's pricing was developed with software vendors in mind and as such, we offer flexible, custom pricing aligned with your go-to-market approach and long-term growth plans. Our pricing objective is to ensure our partners can rapidly scale their analytics.
Logi Analytics Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||55%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
Logi Analytics Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Logi Analytics Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, HTML5-Based, All Analytical capabilities work on mobile devices|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe|