LogMeIn, Inc.LogMeIn Central is wonderful at its core2019-04-04T14:55:12.220ZWe use it to remote into client's computers. It helps our employees work with their client's software/paperwork. We don't have to drive to their business or residence. We add their computer to our system and each employee has an account where they access a list of computers. We are also able to transfer files back and forth, making workflow go faster.,Blackout screen prevents users on the opposite end from watching what we do. Easy to install Easy to manage other users Two factor works perfectly, protecting our accounts and access to their computers.,You have to install as a local admin or an admin on the machine. No easy way to keep passwords, except a Notes section. Sometimes the software has issues running in a browser, but it works real well once you figure this out.,10,Easy to use, creating a more productive workflow. Easy to install, client's know what we are doing through each step. Friendly support is available. Worth the cost to use a license for the software.,Super fast, but one thing you have to do is make sure you install with a local admin account because you have to use that account to sign in. Another issue I found was that you can only have one instance of LogMeIn installed on a computer. If you want to allow a computer to join your LogMeIn Central account then you have to uninstall the previous installation. This removes the computer from the other vendor's LogMeIn account.,10,10,ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)Leonard JohnsonLogMeIn for EPoS systems2019-04-08T18:45:21.334ZWe have used LogMeIn Central for a number of years now, I have found the system very reliable and easy to use. We use it for unattended remote access for our clients who require remote access to an EPoS system they may use within a business environment, basically it allows our customers to remote into their own EPoS system from outside the business premises or internal network, for example this maybe from home.,Very stable Easy to use allow individual user access,None I can think of,9,We live in a rural area that makes this system a perfect solution. I do however find it a little expensive,As you would expect, simple and easy to install.,10,10,ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)John MatherLogMeIn Central: review by long time and current user2019-02-15T19:54:59.111ZLogMeIn Central is my go to remote management tool. This lightweight tool is one of the most stable and dependable remote management tools in my arsenal. As my primary remote tool, I find the system easy and intuitive to use, very secure and a high level of support is available in the rare instances I need it.,LogMeIn provides stable remote access LogMeIn takes security very seriously. Their client connects via secure channels and they offer multifactor authentication—a must in today's threat landscape. A recent account update has brought many of the standard Pro features to LogMeIn Central—like file sharing, screen sharing, remote printing and the like.,Price. I mentioned the new account features, well those were forced, and the price of the system effectively doubled. More warning and choice would have been appreciated. They should look more at a client-less way to provide the remote access. The client should auto-update without intervention.,8,Positive effect: solved a big issue of managing multiple endpoints remotely under one portal. Price per station was good until the update. While some alternatives are less expensive, they tend to not be as intuitive, stable and secure. The ones at this level are more expensive, so LogMeIn is on par with the industry—for the most part.,Bomgar Remote Support Software, TeamViewer and ShowMyPC,TeamViewer, ShowMyPC, Microsoft Office 365Vin CampbellGreat product if you can afford it and cope with the price increases each year.2019-01-01T22:54:05.321ZLog me in was used to access our remote sites. We no longer use it as the cost went from $299 to $1299.,Unattended Access was fantastic. Remote Support worked great Hamachi VPN has been a huge benefit.,The price has some room for improvement. The other guys are undercutting the price and offering more features. I started off with the free version, had to upgrade to paid when they ended that. Started off at $299 for the year then it doubled, and doubled again. I was able to get a grace period for a year but after that, I just couldn't afford it.,7,No ROI,ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect) and DameWare Remote Support,DameWare Remote Support, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect), Microsoft Office 365James BriceLogMeIn Central is an Intuitive, Easy to Use, Stable remote support/access tool with a terrible licensing model2019-04-15T15:59:07.451ZWe currently use LogMeIn central as a tool to support our software that runs customers' servers. It allows a secure connection with encryption that helps assure peace of mine. It prevents us from having to find a user to manually connect us to the server. It's a much better choice than RDP.,Ease of Use. I rarely have to spend time training in the use of LogMeIn Central File transfer is easier to use than other similar tools we have evaluated They have decent support that is fairly easy to get hold of.,Licensing model. I used to be able to add as little as a single license. In fact, I need more licenses now, BUT they will only let me buy another block of 150. This has changed and unfortunately meant we will not be using LogMeIn on new customer's servers going forward.,6,LogMeIn Central definitely saves time for my support reps. It speeds up delivery of support solutions as well as deployment of software updates.,We deployed over 10 years ago so it's hard to remember exactly but I couldn't have taken more than an hour to configure and roll out.,9,10,GoToMyPC and TeamViewerMicah Jones
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>
Reviews (1-16 of 16)
Vendors can't alter or remove reviews. Here's why.
April 04, 2019
We use it to remote into client's computers. It helps our employees work with their client's software/paperwork. We don't have to drive to their business or residence. We add their computer to our system and each employee has an account where they access a list of computers. We are also able to transfer files back and forth, making workflow go faster.
- Blackout screen prevents users on the opposite end from watching what we do.
- Easy to install
- Easy to manage other users
- Two factor works perfectly, protecting our accounts and access to their computers.
- You have to install as a local admin or an admin on the machine.
- No easy way to keep passwords, except a Notes section.
- Sometimes the software has issues running in a browser, but it works real well once you figure this out.
Read Leonard Johnson's full review
If you want access to your client's information and they're located outside the building, then LogMeIn Central is perfect. If you also have multiple users who need access, then it works even better. The interface is easy to use and there's no big learning curve. You may want to look at something like TeamViewer if you can't afford LogMeIn Central. I would highly recommend using this software.
April 08, 2019
We have used LogMeIn Central for a number of years now, I have found the system very reliable and easy to use. We use it for unattended remote access for our clients who require remote access to an EPoS system they may use within a business environment, basically it allows our customers to remote into their own EPoS system from outside the business premises or internal network, for example this maybe from home.
Read John Mather's full review
It's the perfect piece of software, you can see it's had many years of good development, perfect for the business environment, prices itself out of the budget market place though.
February 15, 2019
LogMeIn Central is my go to remote management tool. This lightweight tool is one of the most stable and dependable remote management tools in my arsenal. As my primary remote tool, I find the system easy and intuitive to use, very secure and a high level of support is available in the rare instances I need it.
- LogMeIn provides stable remote access
- LogMeIn takes security very seriously. Their client connects via secure channels and they offer multifactor authentication—a must in today's threat landscape.
- A recent account update has brought many of the standard Pro features to LogMeIn Central—like file sharing, screen sharing, remote printing and the like.
- Price. I mentioned the new account features, well those were forced, and the price of the system effectively doubled. More warning and choice would have been appreciated.
- They should look more at a client-less way to provide the remote access.
- The client should auto-update without intervention.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
LogMeIn Central is a great tool for an IT Professional who manages multiple clients under a single portal. As value-added service, this can easily be touted as a must-have for clients, and with the addition of the pro features coupled with individual user access (to specific devices) enables me to provide a top-notch remote experience to my users right down to their individual desktops—all managed from one central portal. Sorry to complain about the pricing again, but that price increase will force a lot of smaller firms out of the LogMeIn game. Double the price will likely mean half the clients. Not a good business plan when there are less expensive alternatives out there!
January 01, 2019
LogMeIn Central Review: "Great product if you can afford it and cope with the price increases each year."
Score 7 out of 10
Log me in was used to access our remote sites. We no longer use it as the cost went from $299 to $1299.
- Unattended Access was fantastic.
- Remote Support worked great
- Hamachi VPN has been a huge benefit.
- The price has some room for improvement. The other guys are undercutting the price and offering more features.
- I started off with the free version, had to upgrade to paid when they ended that. Started off at $299 for the year then it doubled, and doubled again. I was able to get a grace period for a year but after that, I just couldn't afford it.
Read James Brice's full review
If you need access to users or servers off-site and/or out of business hours this works great. The wake-on-LAN feature saved my bacon a number of times in the past.
Honestly, if it weren't for the price, I'd still use LogMeIn. I loved the simplicity of connecting with my clients, servers and the quick support option.
Honestly, if it weren't for the price, I'd still use LogMeIn. I loved the simplicity of connecting with my clients, servers and the quick support option.
April 15, 2019
Review: "LogMeIn Central is an Intuitive, Easy to Use, Stable remote support/access tool with a terrible licensing model"
Score 6 out of 10
We currently use LogMeIn central as a tool to support our software that runs customers' servers. It allows a secure connection with encryption that helps assure peace of mine. It prevents us from having to find a user to manually connect us to the server. It's a much better choice than RDP.
- Ease of Use. I rarely have to spend time training in the use of LogMeIn Central
- File transfer is easier to use than other similar tools we have evaluated
- They have decent support that is fairly easy to get hold of.
- Licensing model. I used to be able to add as little as a single license. In fact, I need more licenses now, BUT they will only let me buy another block of 150. This has changed and unfortunately meant we will not be using LogMeIn on new customer's servers going forward.
Read Micah Jones's full review
If the colleague doesn't mind their licensing model then I would rate this a 10. If they do, then a 1.
May 16, 2019
With the age of remote working, LogMeIn makes remotes access a breeze. It is also very helpful for remote access to shared workstations with certain software licenses.
Read this authenticated review
When using a shared workstation between multiple users, LogMeIn is helpful. It's also suited when working remotely, and you want to use a desktop computer. A company can save on needed full software across multiple devices.
December 18, 2018
We use LogMeIn Central to support remote users and locations. It is being used by our IT department mainly, but some other departments use it to access servers and computers when they are away from the office or on the road. It makes sure we solve our user's problems fast and can access resources we need to go our job well.
- Remote access is easy to use and setup is a breeze.
- The user interface for the application and dashboard are very nice, user-friendly, and easy to use.
- Solid app and features-- they have thought of everything in my opinion!
- The app has become a bit of a resource hog in my opinion. Could use some fat trimming.
- Installing client access software with host software is not necessary in my opinion.
- Price is somewhat higher than other offerings in the same market.
Read this authenticated review
An easy to use and feature-rich product. They have been doing this for a very long time, have worked out all the kinks, and now they even cater to Linux, which I don't use but may be useful for some folks who use it. I started with LogMeIn when it used to be free. They were good then and are even better now.
July 31, 2018
We have off-WAN sites to which LogMeIn gives us access. Our computers at remote sites are not on the Domain and do not use VPN. Their only access to us is via RDP, but our only access to them is via LogMeIn. LMI is also installed on Domain-Joined laptops for remote assistance in the event they are home, or out of town and the unit is inaccessible via our WAN. Our entire I.T. department has access to LogMeIn, but only a select few have administrative access.
- Scheduled reboot of PCs. This is helpful for users who forget, or refuse to restart their computer on a semi-regular basis.
- Assigned installation packages - we can generate install packages which will force a computer into a particular group. We can also set timed or quantity expirations so they cannot be used indefinitely.
- Antivirus Status - LogMeIn will give us the AV status of any computer on which LMI is installed. This is helpful to detect computers in the wild which may be vulnerable.
- Windows Update Status - In a similar vein as AV status, LogMeIn also monitors update status and lets us know if there's an issue with Windows Updates. Again, useful for the off-domain PCs which we don't touch or control nearly as often.
- I wish we had more control of the client. We cannot turn off the remote notification - when connecting to a PC, the user is always notified that we are on with them.
- Online notification - it would be helpful if we could flag particular units so we are notified when they come online via LogMeIn.
- Group editing - moving a computer from one group to another isn't a quick task. Moving a GROUP of computers is downright impossible unless you've just created that group.
- There's a lack of computer information from the console. Showing us a serial number, and maybe PC specs would be helpful.
Read Michael Metalios's full review
Off-WAN sites. Road warriors. Home workers. All of these are excellent use cases for LogMeIn. Having users who work from home, it is neither our job, nor desire to set up port forwarding in their firewalls for remote assistance if necessary. LogMeIn allows us to remote into our computers no matter where they are, provided their connection isn't blocking communication. A similar response for those in the field. We obviously wouldn't be able to connect through a hotel's firewall. LogMeIn makes it easy to help our remote users.
October 16, 2018
Score 4 out of 10
I had a client that is a large IT firm using LogMein for access to QuickBooks Desktop remotely. It was full of glitchs and slow. They have since switched to a new provider for remote access with QuickBooks. For other applications we still use it, but now rarely. Just not impressed with reliability.
- For remote access by customer support to fix issues it is fine.
- If you are trying to stay on the cheap side it is ok.
- Remote access to use QuickBooks was poor at best. Would get booted out after about 20-30 minutes of remote access. Making it difficult to do much work.
- Login issues using logmein for QuickBooks was frustrating.
Read Rebecca Neilson's full review
For customer support it was ok, more complex issues using remote access to more complicated software like QuickBooks it was unrelieable.
May 03, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
We use LogMeIn Central to connect to over 2000 PCs and servers for our clients. We're able to do unattended control, which allows us to do work after-hours for our clients and schedule support calls for when the PCs are not in use. It also has a wealth of other features that we use to help manage the machines, such as command prompt, resource monitoring, event viewing, and more.
- Easy to resell
- User management and access rights are very easy to put in place
- Powerful tools to work on PCs without remote controlling them, such as command prompt, resource monitoring, registry editor, and more
- Dashboard prior to controlling the machine gives a great overview of potential issues - it has the last 5 event log errors, performance information, and more
- HIPAA compliant
- Audit reports are easy to create and to understand
- They keep raising costs significantly each year
- Sometimes LogMeIn's scheduled reboot feature doesn't work on Macs
- There's a lot of great tools for PCs, but Macs need to be actually controlled in order to manage
Read Dan Gospe's full review
LogMeIn is suited for MSPs or IT support companies who need to be able to control their clients' computers easily. While it is expensive, it is very easy to resell and licensing costs are based on the number of computers, not the number of accounts. So you can resell to offset costs of the service. LogMeIn is great for people who have minimal contracts, and don't have a more powerful RMM tool to monitor and control their systems.
April 13, 2018
LogMeIn Central is used across the organization to provide employees with remote access to their workstations and also for technical staff to provide end user remote support. It saves time and eliminates complex VPN access and makes it easy for staff to work remotely and be productive.
- Printer Mapping
- Dual Monitor Support ( Windows )
- HD and Sound
- File Transfer
- Cost ( getting excessive )
- Features are limited in lower priced tiers
- Support ( staff are not very knowledgeable and slow to respond )
Read Ron Vichar's full review
LogMeIn is suited for small to medium business who need to provide direct and manageable remote access to their staff.
November 28, 2017
Multiple teams within the organization utilize LogMeIn Central to manage our remote computers across the country. This allows us to monitor the performance of hardware & software components, perform Windows updates, troubleshoot, etc. The main users are the installation, implementation, and ongoing support departments. Across the organization, we have about 20 users.
- Allows you to remotely access machines
- Passable UI
- Decent online/offline indication
- Connecting is incredibly slow unless you knock the color values down to nothing
- Windows updating functionality is messy
- Automating tasks is more complicated than it needs to be
Read Valerie Cabral's full review
Perhaps managing a small number of machines, it works well for, but it's really not great when you have upwards of about 300 (which we surpassed quite a while ago now). It's just incredibly laggy on both the web app and the desktop client, regardless of internet speed on either end.
November 22, 2017
LogMeIn Central is used by all employees in our service group to manage workstations and servers. It is one of several software tools we utilize to remotely connect. Central does a great job managing the servers and workstations into groups as well as providing downloads for deployment of the software at managed clients.
- Extremely flexible and useful remote access tool.
- Superior ability to manage, rename, and organize servers and workstations.
- Create reports regarding online and availability.
- Management of devices can be buggy at times, slow to delete, etc.
- Occasional issues with installation causes duplication on machines in Central.
- Does not provide ability to download full deployment via Windows Group Policy. (Need to manually connect to account)
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
LogMeIn is a great standalone (or secondary) remote access system. Most monitoring systems provide built-in tools for remote management and connections. LogMeIn is extremely useful at least as a secondary system if not primary. It does a phenomenal job of forcing reboots to inaccessible machines. It may not be the best software if you are cost conscious as they appear to raise the price annually.
November 22, 2017
Entire organization. We split up companies/customers and have separate user accounts. This way we can limit who has access to each company as well as assigning people only access to their own devices. One of the best features (aside from remote access) that it provides is the ability to hard reboot a PC that is completely frozen, this prevents us from needing live interaction from a user (someone on-site). We use this product in addition to RDP so in the event that one is having issues, the other one will hopefully still be OK to use.
- Separates customers.
- Allows limited access for some users.
- Secure w/ dual factor login.
- Ability to hard reboot a frozen PC.
- Cost continually rises every year.
- Sales people are relentless.
- Pricing programs need adjusting.
Read this authenticated review
Very easy remote access tool without the need to configure firewall settings, so if you are not a very technical person, it's pretty straight forward to use. The unfortunate thing with LogMeIn is that it isn't very budget conscious, as it costs our company several $1,000s per year, whereas it used to be in the ballpark of $300 annually. With the added cost has come ZERO additional features, so it's frustrating to renew our contract every year knowing that they are getting more and we are only getting the same.
November 15, 2017
I use LogMeIn Central for one to one assistance, remote maintenance and troubleshooting. I currently have the key servers and PCs for several customers with LogMeIn client installed. LogMeIn performs well and has rarely failed in accessibility and performance. This product has saved me hundreds of hours by allowing offsite management and the ability to hard start hung systems and even boot to safe mode on Windows PCs. Although the pricing has increased dramatically in the last couple of years, I have yet to find a product that is as easy to setup and use as LogMeIn Central.
Read Doug Ellis's full review
IT support services for small, medium and large businesses. Also ideal for remote users or mobile users as access to servers or PCs at the workplace or accessible from a phone or laptop over just about any Internet connection. I can't think of any scenario where this product is not well suited.
October 16, 2017
Remote users use it to login to their work computers. That way they have access to applications that are only available on the local LAN. Also used by techs to login remotely to local servers and application servers on the LAN. I have seen some techs use the client app on the phone just to see if the servers are up.
- You can adjust the resolution in case the bandwidth at your remote location is low.
- You can easily switch across multiple monitors
- The client app is great to see all the computers you can log in to.
- The phone app is great even for small screens.
- The screen resolution could be improved. The highest resolution setting is still not great. A bit blurry. Probably needs an improved driver that would work better with the video card.
- I wish I could add more info on the info section of the client. Like model and serial number of the PCs.
- Also changing the icons on the list view of the client would be nice to differentiate the systems.
Read Jorge Guerra's full review
For users that have to remote in on occasion it is a great fit. For someone that will be using as the only way to login not so much. People have complained that the resolution is blurry even at the highest setting. So if you need to login one night here and there for an hour or so its great.
LogMeIn Central Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About LogMeIn Central
LogMeIn Central is a powerful, cloud-based remote monitoring and endpoint management solution enabling IT professionals to effectively monitor, manage, and secure their endpoint infrastructure. Whether you have remote employees or endpoints scattered across the globe, the vendor promises that LogMeIn Central provides IT organizations with the speed, flexibility, and insight needed to increase productivity, reduce IT costs, and mitigate risk.
Categories: Remote Desktop
LogMeIn Central Technical Details