LogMeIn Central Reviews

Jeffrey Sabotin | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 10, 2020

LogMeIn Central gets any company up and running with remote access quickly and easily.

We use LogMeIn Central across the whole organization, and with several of our clients. It solves multiple issues, (1) people at home accessing their internal computer at the office, (2) IT support personnel accessing people's computers to give them help when they have an issue, (3) IT support accessing servers in our data center when things go wrong, (4) anti-virus software that can be integrated with the computers, and (5) seeing what patches and updates that need to be applied to these computers.
  • Remote access
  • Remote support
  • Anti-virus software
  • Getting access to the command line where there are more serious problems.
  • Ability to restart in safe mode a computer
  • Ability to see the updates and problems with computers
  • Ability to monitor who is online accessing their computer remotely
  • Not working with a Chromebook.
  • Their antivirus software has produced some false positives
  • Their phone support has been hard to get a hold of at times.
  • They are more expensive than other remote access / control software
LogMeIn Central is well suited to companies that need remote access to their work computers from home. It is well suited to companies that are spread across the country. It is well suited to companies that have more than 100 computers to support. It is well suited for IT staff that need to be able to get access to computers remotely even when they have been infected with a virus.

It is not well suited for smaller companies, or companies that only want something like remote control or access.
Read Jeffrey Sabotin's full review
Guthrie Chamberlain | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 23, 2019

LogMeIn Central is an integral component to our overall business success

[It's being used for] Supporting multiple clients through remote access to their computers to perform financial and technical processes. We become their virtual bookkeeping, technical support, and financial management teams for small businesses.
  • Remote access and control
  • Printing locally or on remote system
  • Capability to access multiple systems from an iPad at the same time
  • Better ability to stay connected on weak cell signals
Well suited for remote control of other systems. This is the only scenario that we use Central for.
Read Guthrie Chamberlain's full review
December 23, 2019

My Review of LogMeIn

LogMeIn Central is used by staff in our company, and I also use it to remotely support our clients outside of the company with their IT issues.
  • In my opinion, the quality of the screen display with LogMeIn is superior, particularly in CAD and Engineering applications.
  • The LogMeIn company is approachable.
  • Improvements could be made to the discrepancy that exists with handling Passwords in the LogMeIn Client, and when accessing remote systems through a browser. Currently, these are handled differently. The password is most definitely correct, but with one way it will work, but in the other, it will be wrong, and the result is that you are locked out of access to the remote until the system times out. I have historically always used a cut and paste to save complex passwords when accessing remote sites from a Browser, and this has been reliable in the past. Now that I am also using the LogMeIn Client on some systems, in my experience, it is that the trailing white space at the end of the password is not being removed. Remembering complex and long passwords without using a Cut and Paste is impossible.
  • The models for the marketing and pricing of the LogMeIn PRO, Central and Ignition products could be more integrated. In my case, supporting remote clients on a one-off basis would be considerably improved if I had access to Ignition as a part of the package instead of having to talk the client through the installation to then be able to access their system for a one-off use. Also, we would not need to be subscribing to as many seats in Central as we now do.
The models for the marketing and pricing of the LogMeIn PRO, Central and Ignition products could be more integrated. In my case, supporting remote clients on a one-off basis would be considerably improved if I have access to Ignition as a part of the package instead of having to talk to the client through the installation to then be able to access their system for one-off use. Also, we would not need to be subscribing to as many seats in Central as we now do.
December 11, 2019

Works, and works well!

We use LogMeIn to remote into any PC in our environment. It works well for the ability to be on the machine at the same time as the user when they have an issue. They are able to “show” us the problem real time when we cannot be at their desk.
  • Makes managing PC's an easy task.
  • Ease of use.
  • They need to blend their products better. Some of the features of Rescue would be great in Central.
  • The desktop app does not allow you to move computers to other containers or rename machines.
LogMeIn Central is great if you have over 100 PCs to maintain and a lot of remote workers. Having the agent installed allows you to go on unattended should someone be away. I would go the Rescue route if you have a smaller environment or don’t want the agent overhead.
Rich Platt | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 05, 2019

The only way to support the C-Level Execs

At IAC we use LogMeIn Central to support remote users and C-Level execs with their IT needs. It is mainly used by the Helpdesk techs for troubleshooting IT issues. Supporting our C Level execs I use it to maintain their multiple machines add and remove programs, OS updates, and patching of 3rd party programs.
  • Deployment - simple and easy to use. Allows for customization of the installs.
  • Mobility- The use of LogMeIn from a mobile device allows ultimate mobility for the tech.
  • Health Status - at one quick look you are able to see all the computers that need to be updated.
  • Administering Users- Cumbersome and not clearly designed.
  • How To's are lacking. Although they have started better training adding Videos but prior was trail and error.
  • I am sure there are other things that may need to be more streamlined but nothing that slows down what I need this for.
How many people can say that they assisted their Chairman of the Board remotely while they were in their corporate jet at 42,000 feet? Wait I was in a commercial airliner at 39,000 feet and still was able to log on to his laptop and assist him with a problem.
Read Rich Platt's full review
Jesse Reyes | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 01, 2019

LogMeIn Central is the amazing!

I use LogMeIn Central to work with remote computers when I receive a request for service. LogMeIn Central is currently used only in our department but it is extremely useful as it allows me to fix problems quickly and easily without ever leaving my office. It also provides me with stats from client computers that help me keep them in good health and also to fix problems that are happening before they're even reported by the clients.
  • LogMeIn Central excels at accessing computers remotely. I can blank the remote screen for privacy which is useful when you have to access sensitive data and you don't want the person on the other end to see it.
  • LogMeIn Central with remote desktop also allows you to lock the keyboard and mouse to prevent the remote user from accidentally clicking on things while I work with their computer. I use this feature a lot.
  • LogMeIn Central also has this neat feature to access a files on a remote computer without ever using remote desktop. You can send large files to the remote computer or retrieve them without stopping the remote user from getting their work done.
  • If there's a password set up on a client computer, when you're installing LogMeIn for accessing it remotely, it will take the user's username and password. So when you try to access it remotely, you'll have to provide those. If you want to set up your own, you'll have to remove the user's password before install. I wish this was optional during install.
LogMeIn Central is well suited for situations in which the remote computer that you are trying to access is still connected to the internet. Most of the problems that my clients experience are solvable through remote desktop; from software installation to scheduling scans, backups, and updates. Unless the computer is completely offline, then LogMeIn Central will only notify you, at which point you can proceed with further trouble shooting.
Read Jesse Reyes's full review
Jesse Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 30, 2019

LogMeIn Central has been a life saver for our company!

We currently have LogMeIn installed on every computer at our office. We have employees that live out of state that log in to their computers everyday to work. As the IT Administrator I am able to monitor and support all the computers at out office from my location. We also use LogMeIn to provide our staff with access to our client's computers which enables them to work on client's files and provide real time training. I have on several occasions used LogMeIn to access clients' computers to provide technical help as well. Over the years LogMeIn has truly changed the way we work and has enabled our business to expand and grow in many ways. LogMeIn has truly been a welcome addition to our company!
  • The ability to provide anti-virus protection for every computer is extremely helpful. I have found it to be very easy to implement which has freed up the amount of time I used to spend with other anti-virus programs as well as saving the business money.
  • The extensive level of reports you are able to generate regarding every aspect of each computer has proven to be very helpful in maintaining our computers.
  • The ability to grant staff members\users access to any computer in our Central account has been a life saver on many levels by allowing our business to expand and reach clients we would other wise not be able to provide assistance to as well as allowing a select number of employees work from out of state.
  • One feature I have found to be a bit confusing is the One2Many. I have yet to take advantage of its features.
  • On several occasions when using the LogMeIn Client to access a computer we have run into issues with printers not being available once connected but disconnecting and or rebooting always seems to fix the problem.
  • Another feature I have found to be confusing to set up is the Alerts feature. I have yet to use this due to the complexity of setting it up.
LogMeIn Central would be well suited for a large or medium sized company that has several computers that require ongoing maintenance, employees that need access to computers both inside and outside of a company, and business's that would like to provide out of state employee's access to on-site computers. I believe that LogMeIn Central might not be as well suited for much smaller companies that have only 5-10 employees or less than 5 computers on-site.
Read Jesse Evans's full review
Chris Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 30, 2019

Gives you a Central location to manage your IT infrastructure.

LogMeIn Central is a extremely valuble asset to our IT department. 40% of our work force works remotely. They are never in the office, so when they have an IT related issue we need to be able to see their machine to diagnose and repair any issue they may be having. Using Central gives us easy access to the users machines where we can take control and fix the issue quickly for them. We also use Central in pushing out new software and updates of current software. We use Central to monitor virus protection and Windows updates. We did trials of 5 different brands of software that is similar and none matched up with LogMeIn. We have used the software for 2 years now and with the advancments that are coming I see no reason to even look at any other options. LogMeIn Central is our go to software for our IT professionals.
  • Remote access to machines to allow technicians to fix issues.
  • Push out Windows updates to machines in need of updates.
  • Reporting on user activity and computer activity.
  • Set up alerts for any issues related to machines such as power outages on servers.
  • Deployment options that tie directly to Active Directory to allow easier roll outs.
  • AV protection from LogMeIn. (I know it is coming)
  • Easier client updates for LMI software installed. No user interaction.
Remote users sometimes need software installed on their machine. They are not local admins so we need to connect to the machine and complete the download and installs for them.
Being able to troubleshoot an issue with user interaction while we are watching the screen allows us to teach proper techniques while we are repairing the machine.
Read Chris Lewis's full review
Matt Steel | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 06, 2019

LogMeIn Central is a strong, reliable, and effective remote access and support solution

We use LogMeIn Central to help provide IT technical support all employees, local and remote.
  • Remote control and screen sharing.
  • Virus Monitoring.
  • File system access.
  • Service management.
  • More granular licensing options to allow for fewer users but more functionality for the same cost. We only use half of the license count but could really use the features on the next licensing level.
LogMeIn Central is a very powerful tool for remote support and end-user access to their office systems while away from their desk. It also allows us to monitor local virus status and system services. We find the solution works very well in almost every network/internet speed scenario.
Read Matt Steel's full review
Craig West | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 05, 2019

LogMeIn Central - Great for Business!

We use LogMeIn Central to manage laptop computers out in the field. We are able to assist employees troubleshooting their computers remotely or share a screen to consult on a project. Using LogMeIn Central allows all employees to connect to a server. We are able to save and share files. For other businesses, we are able to provide ad-hoc support. Overall, LogMeIn Central allows for us to work remotely more effectively.
  • Connecting to Server
  • Remote Access
  • Mobile Access
  • Security
  • Support
  • Adding mobile capabilities to connect to the server and "SAVE" back to the server using Microsoft applications by partnering with them... Always need to save file to Dropbox or other cloud service instead of connecting and saving directly through LogMeIn Central.
LogMeIn Central is suited for those who need to remote access into large computers, manage computers and utilize a server for a medium sized company or who have to work remotely.
Read Craig West's full review
Jeff Satz, PMP, PMI-ACP | TrustRadius Reviewer

Worth the Business Investment

We are a geographically dispersed company with office and field staff in multiple cities and states. LogMeIn Central allows us to remotely monitor, manage, and support our IT infrastructure. Anti-Virus protection and Windows updates are critical for keeping our business secure and this product makes it ridiculously easy to manage that network. Coupled with the remote access and support functionality, this was an easy purchase decision for our company. We were able to lower our costs of using these various services separately.
  • Anti-virus protection and threat monitoring.
  • Remote access and support.
  • Ability to push Windows updates.
  • Single sign-on service.
Management of a geographically dispersed IT network.
Read Jeff Satz, PMP, PMI-ACP's full review
Lacey Davidson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 28, 2019

LogMeIn Saves the Day...Again!

I use LogMeIn almost every day. We have 6 restaurants, plus our tortilla factory. It helps me help my employees. I can log on to their computers and see issues they are having with On-Orientations, Excel spreadsheets, changing passwords, and many other issues. I also use it to log into certain systems to reprint reports. It also allows me and my IT department to run important updates.
I love the documents feature. If I just need to update a document, I can access their files without ever "logging on" to their computer. This is a quicker way to update things but helps if the computer is in use by a manager.
  • Ease of access.
  • Secure, I get an email if someone accesses it with the wrong password.
  • I love the document transfer option.
  • There is a slight delay, but that is expected or could be our system.
  • Cost. I think I would prefer it monthly instead of yearly.
  • The header at the top of the screen bothers me b/c it is in the way when logged into a different computer. Easily movable, but I hate it.
Very helpful if you have multiple locations of any business or many computers in one place.
Read Lacey Davidson's full review
George Broadfoot | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 28, 2019

LogMeIn - a winner in all regards!

LogMeIn is both a support and training tool for me, it enables me to perform remote maint. on computers and resolve many issues without having to dive to remote locations. Additionally, I use it to perform remote training sessions allowing me to guide and direct a remote user through training. it is being used enterprise-wide with great success.
  • High availability and accessibility both via computer and mobile device.
  • The use of dual authentication allows me to sleep soundly at night knowing that the tool is secure.
  • The ability to allow delegates to access the account.
  • I don't have any suggestions here.
It is well suited for large scale deployments otherwise it's not cost-effective.
Read George Broadfoot's full review
Matthew Grodsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 11, 2019

LogMeIn combines and facilitates all of my technology administrative needs in one place!

When I started using LogMeIn Central it was used solely for remote access to computers across our 16 branch locations. As the years have gone by, I have begun taking advantage of the automatic updating of Windows and other applications, accessing and distributing files through the file manager feature and using one2many. I create and manage users to remotely access their workstations from home. I have begun rolling out the LogMeIn Antivirus. I troubleshoot our computers from my mobile device when necessary which gives me great flexibility. I also manipulate other settings and troubleshoot using the command prompt and other options within the LogMeIn dashboard of our systems.
  • Gathering Inventory Data on each of our systems.
  • Background management of our systems.
  • Remote access to our systems.
  • File sharing between our systems.
  • I find that I often still have to log into workstations to complete some Windows updates. I would like to see this more reliably reboot to complete the install.
  • I would like to see Windows Powershell accessibility in the dashboard.
LogMeIn Central is well suited for remotely logging into workstations to either troubleshoot or guide users through processes. It is well suited for keeping workstations updated, facilitating telecommuting, and processing tasks across multiple devices at one time using one2many.
Read Matthew Grodsky's full review
Ricky Jordan | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 01, 2019

My experience with LogMeIn Central using it with over 60+ end users and companies.

LogMeIn Central is being used by my IT/Tech department to increase accuracies, efficiencies, and securities in all of our other departments at the company.
  • Versatility
  • Accuracy
  • Ease of Use
  • Innovative
  • Reliable
  • 3rd party antivirus management
  • Their new LogMeIn Antivirus Security Suite. It's off to a good start but needs to be proven in the industry before pushed to the company and customer machines in real-time
  • Mac LogMeIn Central functions are lacking for "behind the scenes" items that you can do. You can probably do them with terminal commands but why not setup some GUI templates that are easier to use?
  • LogMeIn needs a stronger MDM presence for both Windows and Mac devices
LogMeIn Central works great in a corporate environment whether it's an enterprise or small business. Cloud is the future. LogMeIn Central being cloud-based allows ease of use for remote techs to dial in and troubleshoot end user issues or prevent issues.

LogMeIn is great for small consumer use, but the price point is what makes it less appropriate for a consumer user that wants these functions for maybe 1-2 home computers.
Read Ricky Jordan's full review
Justin Dannenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 02, 2019

LogMeIn - Easy to use and well worth the ROI

We use LogMeIn at our company on every computer that we own. It is especially helpful when trying to help users that work from home and also radiologists that work in remote offices. I have used LogMeIn in several different capacities over the years. I think it's easy to use and always seems to work. It is also very easy to install when I need to have remote users do it themselves. I have been very happy with this software, it works well and is fairly priced.
  • Easy to use.
  • Always works
  • Fairly priced
  • The only thing I can think of are the 'captchas' can be somewhat annoying when logging in from a new machine.
LogMeIn works well, especially when you are trying to help a user that is not in your local office.
Read Justin Dannenberg's full review
Andrew Lamoureux | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 01, 2019

LogMeIn: great cloud-based remote access product

We have 75 remote servers that we manage with LogMeIn Central. Very reliable, allows multiple engineers to work on different servers simultaneously. With the recent addition of file transfer, it's everything we need for managed services.
  • Large numbers of remote endpoints
  • Multiple users work independently
  • Includes remote access and file transfer
  • Not sure—file transfer was the only feature we asked for.
Works great when remote technicians need to work independently. Does not for collaboration.
Read Andrew Lamoureux's full review
Eric Loranger | TrustRadius Reviewer

Quick review of LogMeIn Centeral

We use it to offer remote support to desktop users and vendors.
  • Connecting techs to end-users
  • Ease of install
  • Clarity and motion of movements in remote session
  • It would be great to have a built-in FTP client or an easier way to share files.
  • The chat window confuses users.
  • Disconnecting from remote sessions sometimes hangs and I have to end the task to close the support window.
It works very well for end-user tech support and for connecting vendors to our environment. I like that I can easily control which VMs our vendors and partners have access to.
Read Eric Loranger's full review
Scott StGelais | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 31, 2019

Remote service made easy with LogMeIn

We use LogMeIn for all of our remote computer support operations. With LogMeIn, we have been able to work on multiple computers all at one time. It is not uncommon to have one tech working on several clients' systems all at the same time. Having the ability to have multiple remote sessions going is a real time saver.
  • Multiple remote sessions at one time.
  • The ability to share files.
  • The ability to access system services in the background without disturbing the current user.
  • The alert functions could be better organized.
  • The alert packages could use more options.
LogMeIn is extremely useful if you are managing multiple servers/workstations and need remote access to several computers at the same time. Being able to work on several computers at the same time (like deploying software) is a real time saver. Also, being able to view the status of all the systems we monitor in one place is fantastic.
Read Scott StGelais's full review
Lurene Spear | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 31, 2019

Don't Leave Your Office Building Without It!

When we moved from a central office to home offices, LogMeIn Central was central in supporting our new distributed computing environment. We use it both for disaster recovery and business continuity (every user has an account to access their computers in emergencies) as well as computer support so I can perform maintenance without physically being at the computers.
  • LogMeIn Central allows us to easily identify computers and their locations
  • I can tell if a computer is online or not by glancing at the console
  • Reliability is excellent, I rarely have a problem with remote access
  • I would like to have more room to log notes about each computer, perhaps with a date stamp
LogMeIn is well-suited for distributed computing, but even helpful when the computers are just down the hall or behind a locked telecom room door.
LogMeIn is great when you are in a hospital emergency waiting room with your iPad (yes, this has happened) and need to log on to your computer for a vital piece of information. Not quite as easy from the phone, but still doable.
Read Lurene Spear's full review
Thomas Becker | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 31, 2019

LogMeIn Central gets the job done.

We use LogMeIn Central to provide remote support on PCs that we manage. Unattended remote access allows us to fix things after hours. The automation of PC checks and Antivirus is a big plus for us.
  • Remote access works flawlessly
  • Remote printing and multiple monitor support are very helpful
  • PC status reports are very helpful in heading off problems
  • The ability to Wake On Lan needs improvement
  • Flexibility in pricing is problematic unless you directly charge clients to cover the cost
If you support remote computers LogMeIn Central will streamline your efforts. If you have clients that use remote access packages, you can add access for them via Central and recoup money that you are spending on it. Being able to bundle remote monitoring, remote updates, remote support and antivirus is a great package for managing other people's PC.

If you need to support phones and tablets or do ad-hoc support the LMI Central lacks in these areas and you would need to additionally purchase their Rescue product.
Read Thomas Becker's full review
Eric Duffield | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 30, 2019

The best tool in a tech support toolbox. The go to for education and support.

We use LogMeIn in our Tech Department, as you might imagine one of the difficulties of being a cyberschool is where all of our students are generally at home or away from the school. On a daily basis we will remote-in to our students who reach out to us for help and show live tutorials on how to use software or troubleshot pesky issues. LogMeIn is invaluable in providing the one-on-one real person tech support experience for our students and staff.
  • The connections are fast and stable, we're even able to help students with slower internet speeds.
  • Having all of your computers in a list that lets you know uptime is a great way to track who restarts frequently and more importantly who does not.
  • The ability to use the web-client from any machine with just a login is a great feature.
  • For managed client devices being able to log in silently would be useful for auditing purposes.
LogMeIn is well suited to provide remote tech support and client education for distant users. In the scenario we use LogMeIn we will connect to student computers and help our students navigate our software and perform remote tune-up and maintenance all in the convenience of the home. It is a great way to keep your Tech Team centralized but give them a long reach and quick response.
Read Eric Duffield's full review
Chris Barton | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 06, 2019

Great service for the price, easy to use and very stable

We use LogMeIn Central to access our customer computers, and it worked very well and was stable for years. The pricing is good, but I was shocked this year when the price doubled on me within a few weeks of my renewal. I was pretty frustrated that no consideration was given on our budget and timing. We worked it out, but it still happened. We wanted to use the Antivirus feature, but it's not ready for us. I can't exclude server paths so I could not buy it.
  • Quick access to customer machines.
  • Status that the machines are online with the windows client.
  • Good organization on the website.
  • The antivirus feature needs a lot of help. It does not exclude paths correctly and some other tweaks need to happen. I was disappointed that I could not use it.
I use the service daily to serve my clients and fix their issues quickly. I also like that customers can access their own machines remotely through my account.
Read Chris Barton's full review
Glenn Kashan | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 30, 2019

LogMeIn Central User Experience

We use it to access computers across our organization and in other organizations remotely. It enables fast, efficient access from around the world without having to go onsite. It is available from PCs and mobile devices, giving a lot of flexibility. We also use it to securely transfer files between locations.
  • Remote access with quick screen refresh
  • Remote restart
  • Transfer files securely
  • Secure access
  • Remote support
  • Cost could be lower
  • Ability to have multiple users share the screen simultaneously
  • Linux support
Read Glenn Kashan's full review
Renee Molnar | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2019

LogMeIn Central ROCKS!!!

LogMeIn Central is used by me to control all the PC's in our organization, do updates, run tasks, etc. It allows me to help with issues from anywhere. I love it!
  • Remote control - works amazing from PC, tablet, phone
  • Updates - does a great job of keeping PCs up to date
  • One too many tasks - Does not have the ability to know what the local user is so that I can do updates to each persons individual %appdata% folder. This means I have to manually send update files to each computer using File Transfer. Total pain. The %appdata% is there, but as I have worked with tech support, it picks up "my" information, not the computer user. My info does no good.
LogMeIn Central is well suited for remote controls and tech support of PCs.
Read Renee Molnar's full review

Screen sharing (55)
File transfer (60)
Instant message (39)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (8)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (43)
6.7
Over-the-Internet remote session (60)
9.2
Initiate remote control from mobile (52)
Remote management of servers & workstations (57)
9.4
Remote Active Directory® management (20)
6.2
Centralized management dashboard (53)
Session record (30)
Annotations (19)
Monitoring and Alerts (35)
Multi-platform remote control (38)

About LogMeIn Central

LogMeIn Central is a powerful, cloud-based remote monitoring and endpoint management solution enabling IT professionals to effectively monitor, manage, and secure their endpoint infrastructure. Whether you have remote employees or endpoints scattered across the globe, the vendor promises that LogMeIn Central provides IT organizations with the speed, flexibility, and insight needed to increase productivity, reduce IT costs, and mitigate risk.