The only way to support the C-Level ExecsAt IAC we use LogMeIn Central to support remote users and C-Level execs with their IT needs. It is mainly used by the Helpdesk techs for troubleshooting IT issues. Supporting our C Level execs I use it to maintain their multiple machines add and remove programs, OS updates, and patching of 3rd party programs.,Deployment - simple and easy to use. Allows for customization of the installs. Mobility- The use of LogMeIn from a mobile device allows ultimate mobility for the tech. Health Status - at one quick look you are able to see all the computers that need to be updated.,Administering Users- Cumbersome and not clearly designed. How To's are lacking. Although they have started better training adding Videos but prior was trail and error. I am sure there are other things that may need to be more streamlined but nothing that slows down what I need this for.,10,Shipping Cost - Down due to the remote connection. Only have to ship laptops with hardware issues. Ability to surpass MTR on any none Hardware related issue,It took approximately 30 hours for implementation. The set up of users took about one hour for the layout of access per users. The longest part was implementing the program on 75 computers, unfortunately, found out later that I could have created packages and emailed the direction which would have eliminated 50 computers. The training I would say took 5 hours. That includes training the trainer and rollout to users.,10,10,Dameware Remote Support and TeamViewerLogMeIn Central is the amazing!I use LogMeIn Central to work with remote computers when I receive a request for service. LogMeIn Central is currently used only in our department but it is extremely useful as it allows me to fix problems quickly and easily without ever leaving my office. It also provides me with stats from client computers that help me keep them in good health and also to fix problems that are happening before they're even reported by the clients.,LogMeIn Central excels at accessing computers remotely. I can blank the remote screen for privacy which is useful when you have to access sensitive data and you don't want the person on the other end to see it. LogMeIn Central with remote desktop also allows you to lock the keyboard and mouse to prevent the remote user from accidentally clicking on things while I work with their computer. I use this feature a lot. LogMeIn Central also has this neat feature to access a files on a remote computer without ever using remote desktop. You can send large files to the remote computer or retrieve them without stopping the remote user from getting their work done.,If there's a password set up on a client computer, when you're installing LogMeIn for accessing it remotely, it will take the user's username and password. So when you try to access it remotely, you'll have to provide those. If you want to set up your own, you'll have to remove the user's password before install. I wish this was optional during install.,10,LogMeIn Central saves me a lot of time. It would be extremely difficult to commute back and forth all day just to fix minor issues so the value is defenetly there. Even when I'm out on the filed, I can still access client computers through my phone so I can resolve issues virtually from anywhere.,On the very first day of using LogMeIn Central, I was able to get up and running. The hardest part was to install LogMeIn on every client computer but even that was a breeze. Installation takes less than a minute. After that, I had a good view of all the computers I had to manage, their health status, if they needed updates, and if they were online or offline. I was line wow, this is cool.,10,10,TeamViewerLogMeIn Central has been a life saver for our company!We currently have LogMeIn installed on every computer at our office. We have employees that live out of state that log in to their computers everyday to work. As the IT Administrator I am able to monitor and support all the computers at out office from my location. We also use LogMeIn to provide our staff with access to our client's computers which enables them to work on client's files and provide real time training. I have on several occasions used LogMeIn to access clients' computers to provide technical help as well. Over the years LogMeIn has truly changed the way we work and has enabled our business to expand and grow in many ways. LogMeIn has truly been a welcome addition to our company!,The ability to provide anti-virus protection for every computer is extremely helpful. I have found it to be very easy to implement which has freed up the amount of time I used to spend with other anti-virus programs as well as saving the business money. The extensive level of reports you are able to generate regarding every aspect of each computer has proven to be very helpful in maintaining our computers. The ability to grant staff members\users access to any computer in our Central account has been a life saver on many levels by allowing our business to expand and reach clients we would other wise not be able to provide assistance to as well as allowing a select number of employees work from out of state.,One feature I have found to be a bit confusing is the One2Many. I have yet to take advantage of its features. On several occasions when using the LogMeIn Client to access a computer we have run into issues with printers not being available once connected but disconnecting and or rebooting always seems to fix the problem. Another feature I have found to be confusing to set up is the Alerts feature. I have yet to use this due to the complexity of setting it up.,10,We have gone from having several technical support employees to only one which has saved both time spent on resolving issues to saving money. We have expanded our client base which has created more business and more profit. We have been able to keep valuable employees that we would have otherwise lost due to relocation.,When we first implemented LogMeIn Central I spent maybe 2 hours installing it on all of our computers and another hour getting familiar with the settings and features. I spent the next few days adding users and fine tuning the setup. Keep in mind I started using LogMeIn Central back when it first launched and there have been so many improvements since then that I would estimate the initial setup time to be much less if done today.,10,10,TeamViewerGives you a Central location to manage your IT infrastructure.LogMeIn Central is a extremely valuble asset to our IT department. 40% of our work force works remotely. They are never in the office, so when they have an IT related issue we need to be able to see their machine to diagnose and repair any issue they may be having. Using Central gives us easy access to the users machines where we can take control and fix the issue quickly for them. We also use Central in pushing out new software and updates of current software. We use Central to monitor virus protection and Windows updates. We did trials of 5 different brands of software that is similar and none matched up with LogMeIn. We have used the software for 2 years now and with the advancments that are coming I see no reason to even look at any other options. LogMeIn Central is our go to software for our IT professionals.,Remote access to machines to allow technicians to fix issues. Push out Windows updates to machines in need of updates. Reporting on user activity and computer activity. Set up alerts for any issues related to machines such as power outages on servers.,Deployment options that tie directly to Active Directory to allow easier roll outs. AV protection from LogMeIn. (I know it is coming) Easier client updates for LMI software installed. No user interaction.,9,Many times a user will have to ship a machine back to us to repair. With LogMeIn we can remote in and fix most problems without seeing the machine physically. Getting alerts when a machine or server is offline limits downtime and prevents loss of revenue. Even with a power outage we can use Central on the internet or mobile to connect to users to get them working until our systems are back online.,Within 1 day we were up and running with Central. Took a few weekes to roll out the client to all user machines and servers. We used Group Policy to push out the deployment. That got most of the computers and others we did individual installs. Servers were all individual installs. We are still learning all of the things that the software can do and implementing all of them takes a lot of time.,8,10,Kaseya IT Center and ManageEngine Desktop CentralLogMeIn Central is wonderful at its coreWe use it to remote into client's computers. It helps our employees work with their client's software/paperwork. We don't have to drive to their business or residence. We add their computer to our system and each employee has an account where they access a list of computers. We are also able to transfer files back and forth, making workflow go faster.,Blackout screen prevents users on the opposite end from watching what we do. Easy to install Easy to manage other users Two factor works perfectly, protecting our accounts and access to their computers.,You have to install as a local admin or an admin on the machine. No easy way to keep passwords, except a Notes section. Sometimes the software has issues running in a browser, but it works real well once you figure this out.,10,Easy to use, creating a more productive workflow. Easy to install, client's know what we are doing through each step. Friendly support is available. Worth the cost to use a license for the software.,Super fast, but one thing you have to do is make sure you install with a local admin account because you have to use that account to sign in. Another issue I found was that you can only have one instance of LogMeIn installed on a computer. If you want to allow a computer to join your LogMeIn Central account then you have to uninstall the previous installation. This removes the computer from the other vendor's LogMeIn account.,10,10,ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)LogMeIn combines and facilitates all of my technology administrative needs in one place!When I started using LogMeIn Central it was used solely for remote access to computers across our 16 branch locations. As the years have gone by, I have begun taking advantage of the automatic updating of Windows and other applications, accessing and distributing files through the file manager feature and using one2many. I create and manage users to remotely access their workstations from home. I have begun rolling out the LogMeIn Antivirus. I troubleshoot our computers from my mobile device when necessary which gives me great flexibility. I also manipulate other settings and troubleshoot using the command prompt and other options within the LogMeIn dashboard of our systems.,Gathering Inventory Data on each of our systems. Background management of our systems. Remote access to our systems. File sharing between our systems.,I find that I often still have to log into workstations to complete some Windows updates. I would like to see this more reliably reboot to complete the install. I would like to see Windows Powershell accessibility in the dashboard.,9,It has helped me manage our refresh cycle by providing me with inventory information. It has saved time immensely by allowing me to troubleshoot workstations at all of our branches without leaving my office. It has made keeping our workstations updated a much more efficient process. It has allowed me to troubleshoot many issues behind the scenes using the dashboard so as not to interrupt the users. It has allowed our users to work from home when the necessity arises.,Our implementation was about ten years ago so it is difficult to remember many details. I was able to get LogMeIn rolled out to all of our workstations in about a week and was rocking and rolling from there. I started noticing the results almost immediately.,8,9,TeamViewer, Citrix ShareFile and Remote Desktop ServicesMy experience with LogMeIn Central using it with over 60+ end users and companies.LogMeIn Central is being used by my IT/Tech department to increase accuracies, efficiencies, and securities in all of our other departments at the company.,Versatility Accuracy Ease of Use Innovative Reliable,3rd party antivirus management Their new LogMeIn Antivirus Security Suite. It's off to a good start but needs to be proven in the industry before pushed to the company and customer machines in real-time Mac LogMeIn Central functions are lacking for "behind the scenes" items that you can do. You can probably do them with terminal commands but why not setup some GUI templates that are easier to use? LogMeIn needs a stronger MDM presence for both Windows and Mac devices,9,Time saved resolving technical support issues Time saved preventing technical support issues thanks to the alerts and reporting that Central provides Has allowed us to do the work of a three-person IT team with a single user Has helped us optimize our Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Installation workflows,For basic screen-sharing/remote sessions, it's near instant. To use the advanced functions of LogMeIn, like one2many and alerting, and profiles, etc., it took about 7 days to get up & running after viewing some workshop videos/webinars as well as testing things in realtime per my notes.,8,9,TeamViewer, GoToMyPC and GoToMeetingLogMeIn - Easy to use and well worth the ROIWe use LogMeIn at our company on every computer that we own. It is especially helpful when trying to help users that work from home and also radiologists that work in remote offices. I have used LogMeIn in several different capacities over the years. I think it's easy to use and always seems to work. It is also very easy to install when I need to have remote users do it themselves. I have been very happy with this software, it works well and is fairly priced.,Easy to use. Always works Fairly priced,The only thing I can think of are the 'captchas' can be somewhat annoying when logging in from a new machine.,9,ROI is great, as it saves our company from having to physically send people to help resolve IT issues. I like that it shows when Windows updates or anti-virus software may not be up-to-date or installed.,3 minutes.....pretty much every time.,9,10,TeamViewerLogMeIn: great cloud-based remote access productWe have 75 remote servers that we manage with LogMeIn Central. Very reliable, allows multiple engineers to work on different servers simultaneously. With the recent addition of file transfer, it's everything we need for managed services.,Large numbers of remote endpoints Multiple users work independently Includes remote access and file transfer,Not sure—file transfer was the only feature we asked for.,10,Saves us a lot of driving to customer sites. Allows us to quickly address problems when needed. Allows technicians to work from home or anywhere.,Very easy to setup and add/remove/edit remote servers.,10,9Quick review of LogMeIn CenteralWe use it to offer remote support to desktop users and vendors.,Connecting techs to end-users Ease of install Clarity and motion of movements in remote session,It would be great to have a built-in FTP client or an easier way to share files. The chat window confuses users. Disconnecting from remote sessions sometimes hangs and I have to end the task to close the support window.,8,Shortens time to connect with users to resolve issues Allows techs to multitask tickets or tasks if necessary Works better and with less setup than built in Windows tools,Deployment is easy and I appreciate the .msi.,6,9,Remote service made easy with LogMeInWe use LogMeIn for all of our remote computer support operations. With LogMeIn, we have been able to work on multiple computers all at one time. It is not uncommon to have one tech working on several clients' systems all at the same time. Having the ability to have multiple remote sessions going is a real time saver.,Multiple remote sessions at one time. The ability to share files. The ability to access system services in the background without disturbing the current user.,The alert functions could be better organized. The alert packages could use more options.,10,Time saved going out on location. Being able to immediately assist customers. LogMeIn's cost is lower than the competitors.,We started out with only a couple of customers requesting remote service, so we able to walk them through the install process. Later on, we created deployment packages that we installed on-site for small/medium sized businesses. The ad-hoc support is really useful, but it can be hard to walk a novice computer user through the installation.,10,10,TeamViewerDon't Leave Your Office Building Without It!When we moved from a central office to home offices, LogMeIn Central was central in supporting our new distributed computing environment. We use it both for disaster recovery and business continuity (every user has an account to access their computers in emergencies) as well as computer support so I can perform maintenance without physically being at the computers.,LogMeIn Central allows us to easily identify computers and their locations I can tell if a computer is online or not by glancing at the console Reliability is excellent, I rarely have a problem with remote access,I would like to have more room to log notes about each computer, perhaps with a date stamp,10,LogMeIn Central saves us money in transportation (since we have multiple office locations) and saves time resolving technical support issues.,LogMeIn was implemented in less than a week as I recall across all computers. You download the client and the console is updated automatically.,9,10,LogMeIn Central gets the job done.We use LogMeIn Central to provide remote support on PCs that we manage. Unattended remote access allows us to fix things after hours. The automation of PC checks and Antivirus is a big plus for us.,Remote access works flawlessly Remote printing and multiple monitor support are very helpful PC status reports are very helpful in heading off problems,The ability to Wake On Lan needs improvement Flexibility in pricing is problematic unless you directly charge clients to cover the cost,7,Decreases time to resolution of issues Makes resolving issues easier Adds a revenue source as managed services,We've been with LogMeIn since it started and was FREE, getting up and running was extremely fast and easy and we only have had to contact support a few times over all these years. In exploring some of the more advanced features I wish there was more documentation.,8,10,The best tool in a tech support toolbox. The go to for education and support.We use LogMeIn in our Tech Department, as you might imagine one of the difficulties of being a cyberschool is where all of our students are generally at home or away from the school. On a daily basis we will remote-in to our students who reach out to us for help and show live tutorials on how to use software or troubleshot pesky issues. LogMeIn is invaluable in providing the one-on-one real person tech support experience for our students and staff.,The connections are fast and stable, we're even able to help students with slower internet speeds. Having all of your computers in a list that lets you know uptime is a great way to track who restarts frequently and more importantly who does not. The ability to use the web-client from any machine with just a login is a great feature.,For managed client devices being able to log in silently would be useful for auditing purposes.,10,LogMeIn has saved our organisation quite a bit of time, both in the building and at remote sites.,I was not, unfortunately part of the implementation process, but from what I've heard after an initial testing period of a week or two our org distributed the software through MDM to all our client machines. Within a month of purchase LogMeIn was up and running and Technicians were trained in its use.,10,10,Apple Remote DesktopLogMeIn for EPoS systemsWe have used LogMeIn Central for a number of years now, I have found the system very reliable and easy to use. We use it for unattended remote access for our clients who require remote access to an EPoS system they may use within a business environment, basically it allows our customers to remote into their own EPoS system from outside the business premises or internal network, for example this maybe from home.,Very stable Easy to use allow individual user access,None I can think of,9,We live in a rural area that makes this system a perfect solution. I do however find it a little expensive,As you would expect, simple and easy to install.,10,10,ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)logmein in 10 words or less.. works well, extreme price creep year to yearIt's used to manage systems at 14 remote locations around the state of Wisconsin, saving a bunch of travel time. Allows us to connect and share in the views of the issues our clients are seeing, providing remote troubleshooting or training as required. We are also able to provide remote management of upgrades to our systems.,Quick access to systems. Shared views and access.,MAINTAINING COSTS, when we first started using LogMeIn it cost us $@3 per machine/year, with the recently announced price increase it will be closer to $25 per machine/year.,7,Reduced travel time. Increased availability of technicians from almost anywhere that has internet and a device available.,Installed about seven years ago so don't really remember but at any rate, it was no issue and went smoothly.,8,9A secure and reliable remote support platform that makes our job more efficient.Our whole organization uses LogMeIn Central to support many clients in many different states. Seamless remote access is one of our requirements and this product provides that.,Secure Easy to use Reliable,Need the ability to disable the auto add printer feature across every device globally instead of individually. Pricey,10,Save a lot of time resolving technical support issues. Quick and convenient remote support equals happy client.,We were an early user of LogMeIn so the transition was pretty easy for us.,9,10LogMeIn Central is an Intuitive, Easy to Use, Stable remote support/access tool with a terrible licensing modelWe currently use LogMeIn central as a tool to support our software that runs customers' servers. It allows a secure connection with encryption that helps assure peace of mine. It prevents us from having to find a user to manually connect us to the server. It's a much better choice than RDP.,Ease of Use. I rarely have to spend time training in the use of LogMeIn Central File transfer is easier to use than other similar tools we have evaluated They have decent support that is fairly easy to get hold of.,Licensing model. I used to be able to add as little as a single license. In fact, I need more licenses now, BUT they will only let me buy another block of 150. This has changed and unfortunately meant we will not be using LogMeIn on new customer's servers going forward.,6,LogMeIn Central definitely saves time for my support reps. It speeds up delivery of support solutions as well as deployment of software updates.,We deployed over 10 years ago so it's hard to remember exactly but I couldn't have taken more than an hour to configure and roll out.,9,10,GoToMyPC and TeamViewerLogMeIn Central is great for geographically spread organizationsThe IT department uses LogMeIn to manage a fleet of computers all around the world. We have users 20 feet away and users 2000 miles away. Working in airports and hotels that we need to be able to quickly support. LogMeIn allows us to quickly find and remote into the user's computer no matter where they are. Having the ability to quickly connect and troubleshoot users' computers from anywhere saves us time and allows our employees to remain productive, saving the company money. I highly recommend LogMeIn Central to any organization that needs fast, secure remote management from anywhere.,It is easy and fast to find a user's computer thanks to the groups, custom names and searching ability. It connects quickly and allows us to view all active monitor sources. I can easily add users to groups to allow them to access only what they need to manage limited remote machines.,It lacks ability to control devices without the client installed via a link sent to the user Sometimes the client crashes and the user has to reboot to fix The client doesn't auto reconnect after reboots,8,It has saved support time allowing users to be more efficient It has reduced support costs and time IT spends working with a user The cost per device allows us to manage more clients than previous products for the same price,We set up LogMeIn in a few days and deployed it to all computers within a week. The IT team quickly took to the interface and were able to quickly learn/navigate the system. It took very little configuration. It has the ability to generate unique MSI installers for each group that can be easily deployed. Once deployed the computers automatically show up in their respective group.,10,9,BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) and TeamViewerA solid, though expensive, remote management productWe used to use LogMeIn to facilitate remote support. Now we use it primarily to provide our users with remote access to their own computers.,The actual remote control interface is very nice, it's a really solid interface and works very reliably. The remote print feature is very nice. LogMeIn Central is a great interface for managing groups of users and facilitating granular access to users for specifics groups of computers. The mobile app is very good.,The biggest problem with LogMeIn is the pricing—every year they raise prices. For businesses that can justify the expense, it's still nice to have and to be fair, some of LogMeIn's competitors are similarly raising prices every year, but still, it's the single biggest point of frustration. Not just because it gets more expensive, but because it makes it hard to commit to LogMeIn as a long-term infrastructure choice when the year-over-year cost is not only increasing but unpredictable. I just don't see the value of the product rising commensurate with the price increases. They do keep improving it and adding features but at the end of the day what 99% of users care about is still just the remote control, not all the secondary features.,5,LogMeIn helps us fill one of the needs our customers have for secondary remote access.,Very quickly, the interface is intuitive.,10,10,TeamViewer, SolarWinds N-central and Solarwinds Take Control (formerly SolarWinds MSP Anywhere)A great, easy, reliable, no fuss way to have persistent access.LogMeIn is utilized by everyone across our company in different ways. People can connect back to their own PCs when working remote. Our support people can connect to clients' servers and workstations, and we share our access with our clients who need access back to their own computers and networks.,Reliable connection. Easily configurable. Secure connection.,The price has increased steadily. When I first used it, it was free. Now they want an arm and leg for even 500 client PCs.,7,Because of reliable connections via LogMeIn, if clients have issues on their servers, we can connect instantaneously without any issues, compared to some other solutions.,Very easy and quick to implement through setting up deployment links from within LogMeIn.,10,10,TeamViewer, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect), GoToMyPC and Zoho AssistGood Product but has become slightly unstableWith LogMeIn, we are able to control all pf our computers from a central location and are able to quickly remote into computers at any of our multiple sites nationwide, from local Point-Of-Sale machines to assisting corporate officers while traveling.,Easy remote application. Remote power on in certain scenarios. Provides access for additional users to selected machines.,The Mac software crashes constantly. Sometimes it does not seem to fully log out, and might leave the keyboard locked for a while. The price is getting increased, sometimes drastically.,6,We're able to gain access without needing the on-site employee to assist. LogMeIn replaced a more expensive product.,We were able to set up quickly and also get installers that will assign new machines to groups immediately, so end users just need to download and install.,6,10,GoToMyPCOverall good product, with constant enhancementsWe use LogMeIn Central for our IT staff to support our own user base as well as by our technician team for remote product support and maintenance for our customers. It gives us dedicated, secure access to our customers under a support contract at anytime, without interaction from our customers.,Two form factor authentication available, a requirement in today's security world They now have Linux support Remote monitoring and information gathering from endpoints,Cost is high, but not as much as some of their competitors Lack of monitoring 3rd party Antivirus solutions in favor of there own provided solution High CPU usage triggers alert on automatic updates of their LogMeIn client software,8,Save time by not dispatching technicians onsite faster response time by technicians another method of proactive system monitoring,As long as Port 443 isn't blocked or the LogMeIn sites, setup is very quick with a downloadable MSI and does not require a reboot.,8,9,Excellent product with exorbitant pricingI am the primary user, accessing multiple PCs daily across our 8 locations to help troubleshoot or resolve an issue. I also frequently use it from home when I am working at night so I can have access to the machines without interfering with the branch operations. I have granted user access to approx 8-10 employees who access their own machine when off site, plus another 2 people who have access to all PCs for assistance when I am not available.,LogMeIn excels at the remote desktop portion, especially when using LogMeIn Client for immediate access without a browser. File transfer has been an incredible time saver, which is something I thought I would never even use. The primary web interface has a ton of ways to view the status of any of my machines, although that can get complicated.,It should be easier to initiate a remote reboot. It can't be done from LogMeIn Client, you have to open the website, login to the selected PC and go through a menu tree to get to advanced options and reboot preferences. Often it has been easier to just reboot the thing when I am logged in remotely and let the remote session lock up than to go through the rest of it. Antivirus should be more automated. I have installed to machines multiple times only to log in later and learn that the product wouldn't update without local (or remote) interaction, could not just be deployed, installed, updated and run all from the home screen. Should simplify the wake on lan functionality to interface with Windows without booting to BIOS locally.,7,There is no way to do my job without a remote access software. We have 8 locations in 2 states so this is a critical piece of my daily routine. I think the pricing increases LogMeIn has implemented in the last 2-3 yrs are outrageously high. If I didn't already have so many PCs and users set up on it I would find switching more palatable, but I just haven't made that jump yet. It's always on my mind though.,I was using LogMeIn Personal then Professional before they ever introduced the Central product line a few years ago. That made the implementation very easy as it was more like a major update than a new product. Installation on new machines is simple and I usually do it before I deploy one, but if not I can send an install package to the remote user and it will allow them to install it.,10,10LogMeIn to the Rescue!We use LogMeIn Central on a daily basis to support users spread across multiple locations. Our IT department uses it to remotely connect to user machines in order to diagnose issues as well as show users how certain software functions work. It allows us also to get a quick view of up to date Windows and AntiVirus status.,Easy Quick Trusted,Improved connection time More remote controls Allowing a new chat windows,9,Optimize IT support Improved response times and resolution Improved remote monitoring,We were up and running in under a day with it in terms of our administration account setup. We had it deployed to all of our machines network wide in under a week given the ability to place the installer within a group policy and deploy as part of a start up.,9,9,Remote Desktop Services
LogMeIn Central

LogMeIn Central Reviews

LogMeIn Central

Filter 82 vetted LogMeIn Central reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Rich Platt profile photo
June 05, 2019

The only way to support the C-Level Execs

• Deployment - simple and easy to use. Allows for customization of the installs.
  • Mobility- The use of LogMeIn from a mobile device allows ultimate mobility for the tech.
  • Health Status - at one quick look you are able to see all the computers that need to be updated.
  • Administering Users- Cumbersome and not clearly designed.
  • How To's are lacking. Although they have started better training adding Videos but prior was trail and error.
  • I am sure there are other things that may need to be more streamlined but nothing that slows down what I need this for.
How many people can say that they assisted their Chairman of the Board remotely while they were in their corporate jet at 42,000 feet? Wait I was in a commercial airliner at 39,000 feet and still was able to log on to his laptop and assist him with a problem.
Read Rich Platt's full review
Jesse Reyes profile photo
June 01, 2019

LogMeIn Central is the amazing!

• LogMeIn Central excels at accessing computers remotely. I can blank the remote screen for privacy which is useful when you have to access sensitive data and you don't want the person on the other end to see it.
  • LogMeIn Central with remote desktop also allows you to lock the keyboard and mouse to prevent the remote user from accidentally clicking on things while I work with their computer. I use this feature a lot.
  • LogMeIn Central also has this neat feature to access a files on a remote computer without ever using remote desktop. You can send large files to the remote computer or retrieve them without stopping the remote user from getting their work done.
  • If there's a password set up on a client computer, when you're installing LogMeIn for accessing it remotely, it will take the user's username and password. So when you try to access it remotely, you'll have to provide those. If you want to set up your own, you'll have to remove the user's password before install. I wish this was optional during install.
LogMeIn Central is well suited for situations in which the remote computer that you are trying to access is still connected to the internet. Most of the problems that my clients experience are solvable through remote desktop; from software installation to scheduling scans, backups, and updates. Unless the computer is completely offline, then LogMeIn Central will only notify you, at which point you can proceed with further trouble shooting.
Read Jesse Reyes's full review
Jesse Evans profile photo
May 30, 2019

LogMeIn Central has been a life saver for our company!

• The ability to provide anti-virus protection for every computer is extremely helpful. I have found it to be very easy to implement which has freed up the amount of time I used to spend with other anti-virus programs as well as saving the business money.
  • The extensive level of reports you are able to generate regarding every aspect of each computer has proven to be very helpful in maintaining our computers.
  • The ability to grant staff members\users access to any computer in our Central account has been a life saver on many levels by allowing our business to expand and reach clients we would other wise not be able to provide assistance to as well as allowing a select number of employees work from out of state.
  • One feature I have found to be a bit confusing is the One2Many. I have yet to take advantage of its features.
  • On several occasions when using the LogMeIn Client to access a computer we have run into issues with printers not being available once connected but disconnecting and or rebooting always seems to fix the problem.
  • Another feature I have found to be confusing to set up is the Alerts feature. I have yet to use this due to the complexity of setting it up.
LogMeIn Central would be well suited for a large or medium sized company that has several computers that require ongoing maintenance, employees that need access to computers both inside and outside of a company, and business's that would like to provide out of state employee's access to on-site computers. I believe that LogMeIn Central might not be as well suited for much smaller companies that have only 5-10 employees or less than 5 computers on-site.
Read Jesse Evans's full review
Chris Lewis profile photo
May 30, 2019

Gives you a Central location to manage your IT infrastructure.

• Remote access to machines to allow technicians to fix issues.
  • Push out Windows updates to machines in need of updates.
  • Reporting on user activity and computer activity.
  • Set up alerts for any issues related to machines such as power outages on servers.
  • Deployment options that tie directly to Active Directory to allow easier roll outs.
  • AV protection from LogMeIn. (I know it is coming)
  • Easier client updates for LMI software installed. No user interaction.
Remote users sometimes need software installed on their machine. They are not local admins so we need to connect to the machine and complete the download and installs for them.
Being able to troubleshoot an issue with user interaction while we are watching the screen allows us to teach proper techniques while we are repairing the machine.
Read Chris Lewis's full review
Leonard Johnson profile photo
April 04, 2019

LogMeIn Central is wonderful at its core

• Blackout screen prevents users on the opposite end from watching what we do.
  • Easy to install
  • Easy to manage other users
  • Two factor works perfectly, protecting our accounts and access to their computers.
  • You have to install as a local admin or an admin on the machine.
  • No easy way to keep passwords, except a Notes section.
  • Sometimes the software has issues running in a browser, but it works real well once you figure this out.
If you want access to your client's information and they're located outside the building, then LogMeIn Central is perfect. If you also have multiple users who need access, then it works even better. The interface is easy to use and there's no big learning curve. You may want to look at something like TeamViewer if you can't afford LogMeIn Central. I would highly recommend using this software.
Read Leonard Johnson's full review
Matthew Grodsky profile photo
July 11, 2019

• Gathering Inventory Data on each of our systems.
  • Background management of our systems.
  • Remote access to our systems.
  • File sharing between our systems.
  • I find that I often still have to log into workstations to complete some Windows updates. I would like to see this more reliably reboot to complete the install.
  • I would like to see Windows Powershell accessibility in the dashboard.
LogMeIn Central is well suited for remotely logging into workstations to either troubleshoot or guide users through processes. It is well suited for keeping workstations updated, facilitating telecommuting, and processing tasks across multiple devices at one time using one2many.
Read Matthew Grodsky's full review

• Ease of Use
  • Innovative
  • Reliable
  • 3rd party antivirus management
  • Their new LogMeIn Antivirus Security Suite. It's off to a good start but needs to be proven in the industry before pushed to the company and customer machines in real-time
  • Mac LogMeIn Central functions are lacking for "behind the scenes" items that you can do. You can probably do them with terminal commands but why not setup some GUI templates that are easier to use?
  • LogMeIn needs a stronger MDM presence for both Windows and Mac devices
LogMeIn Central works great in a corporate environment whether it's an enterprise or small business. Cloud is the future. LogMeIn Central being cloud-based allows ease of use for remote techs to dial in and troubleshoot end user issues or prevent issues.

LogMeIn is great for small consumer use, but the price point is what makes it less appropriate for a consumer user that wants these functions for maybe 1-2 home computers.
Read Ricky Jordan's full review
Justin Dannenberg profile photo
June 02, 2019

LogMeIn - Easy to use and well worth the ROI

• Easy to use.
  • Always works
  • Fairly priced
  • The only thing I can think of are the 'captchas' can be somewhat annoying when logging in from a new machine.
LogMeIn works well, especially when you are trying to help a user that is not in your local office.
Read Justin Dannenberg's full review
Andrew Lamoureux profile photo
June 01, 2019

LogMeIn: great cloud-based remote access product

• Large numbers of remote endpoints
  • Multiple users work independently
  • Includes remote access and file transfer
  • Not sure—file transfer was the only feature we asked for.
Works great when remote technicians need to work independently. Does not for collaboration.
Read Andrew Lamoureux's full review
Eric Loranger profile photo

Quick review of LogMeIn Centeral

We use it to offer remote support to desktop users and vendors.
  • Connecting techs to end-users
  • Ease of install
  • Clarity and motion of movements in remote session
  • It would be great to have a built-in FTP client or an easier way to share files.
  • The chat window confuses users.
  • Disconnecting from remote sessions sometimes hangs and I have to end the task to close the support window.
It works very well for end-user tech support and for connecting vendors to our environment. I like that I can easily control which VMs our vendors and partners have access to.
Read Eric Loranger's full review
Scott StGelais profile photo
May 31, 2019

Remote service made easy with LogMeIn

• Multiple remote sessions at one time.
  • The ability to share files.
  • The ability to access system services in the background without disturbing the current user.
  • The alert functions could be better organized.
  • The alert packages could use more options.
LogMeIn is extremely useful if you are managing multiple servers/workstations and need remote access to several computers at the same time. Being able to work on several computers at the same time (like deploying software) is a real time saver. Also, being able to view the status of all the systems we monitor in one place is fantastic.
Read Scott StGelais's full review
Lurene Spear profile photo
May 31, 2019

Don't Leave Your Office Building Without It!

• LogMeIn Central allows us to easily identify computers and their locations
  • I can tell if a computer is online or not by glancing at the console
  • Reliability is excellent, I rarely have a problem with remote access
  • I would like to have more room to log notes about each computer, perhaps with a date stamp
LogMeIn is well-suited for distributed computing, but even helpful when the computers are just down the hall or behind a locked telecom room door.
LogMeIn is great when you are in a hospital emergency waiting room with your iPad (yes, this has happened) and need to log on to your computer for a vital piece of information. Not quite as easy from the phone, but still doable.
Read Lurene Spear's full review
Thomas Becker profile photo
May 31, 2019

LogMeIn Central gets the job done.

• Remote access works flawlessly
  • Remote printing and multiple monitor support are very helpful
  • PC status reports are very helpful in heading off problems
  • The ability to Wake On Lan needs improvement
  • Flexibility in pricing is problematic unless you directly charge clients to cover the cost
If you support remote computers LogMeIn Central will streamline your efforts. If you have clients that use remote access packages, you can add access for them via Central and recoup money that you are spending on it. Being able to bundle remote monitoring, remote updates, remote support and antivirus is a great package for managing other people's PC.

If you need to support phones and tablets or do ad-hoc support the LMI Central lacks in these areas and you would need to additionally purchase their Rescue product.
Read Thomas Becker's full review
Eric Duffield profile photo
May 30, 2019

The best tool in a tech support toolbox. The go to for education and support.

• The connections are fast and stable, we're even able to help students with slower internet speeds.
  • Having all of your computers in a list that lets you know uptime is a great way to track who restarts frequently and more importantly who does not.
  • The ability to use the web-client from any machine with just a login is a great feature.
  • For managed client devices being able to log in silently would be useful for auditing purposes.
LogMeIn is well suited to provide remote tech support and client education for distant users. In the scenario we use LogMeIn we will connect to student computers and help our students navigate our software and perform remote tune-up and maintenance all in the convenience of the home. It is a great way to keep your Tech Team centralized but give them a long reach and quick response.
Read Eric Duffield's full review
John Mather profile photo
April 08, 2019

LogMeIn for EPoS systems

• Very stable
  • allow individual user access
  • None I can think of
It's the perfect piece of software, you can see it's had many years of good development, perfect for the business environment, prices itself out of the budget market place though.
Read John Mather's full review
Bryan Thompson profile photo
June 21, 2019

logmein in 10 words or less.. works well, extreme price creep year to year

• Quick access to systems.
  • Shared views and access.
  • MAINTAINING COSTS, when we first started using LogMeIn it cost us $@3 per machine/year, with the recently announced price increase it will be closer to $25 per machine/year.
Companies with locations spread out from the home office of IT services. Buildings, where a view of a system is required in another part of the building and running wires, isn't feasible. Users that need limited remote access to 1 system, LMC allows us to able to control that access.
Read Bryan Thompson's full review
Don Freeman profile photo
June 02, 2019

• Secure
  • Reliable
  • Need the ability to disable the auto add printer feature across every device globally instead of individually.
  • Pricey
Provides the ability to manage and check status of many systems through one portal.
Read Don Freeman's full review
Micah Jones profile photo
April 15, 2019

• Ease of Use. I rarely have to spend time training in the use of LogMeIn Central
  • File transfer is easier to use than other similar tools we have evaluated
  • They have decent support that is fairly easy to get hold of.
  • Licensing model. I used to be able to add as little as a single license. In fact, I need more licenses now, BUT they will only let me buy another block of 150. This has changed and unfortunately meant we will not be using LogMeIn on new customer's servers going forward.
If the colleague doesn't mind their licensing model then I would rate this a 10. If they do, then a 1.
Read Micah Jones's full review
May 30, 2019

LogMeIn Central is great for geographically spread organizations

• It is easy and fast to find a user's computer thanks to the groups, custom names and searching ability.
  • It connects quickly and allows us to view all active monitor sources.
  • I can easily add users to groups to allow them to access only what they need to manage limited remote machines.
  • It lacks ability to control devices without the client installed via a link sent to the user
  • Sometimes the client crashes and the user has to reboot to fix
  • The client doesn't auto reconnect after reboots
LogMeIn Central is well suited for midsize companies with a wide spread environment and multiple departments or divisions. It allows you to easily manage multiple groups across multiple companies or divisions flawlessly. It also allows you to create unique access rights for users. It is also great for companies that have a lot of users working on the road or out of their homes.
June 01, 2019

A solid, though expensive, remote management product

• The actual remote control interface is very nice, it's a really solid interface and works very reliably.
  • The remote print feature is very nice.
  • LogMeIn Central is a great interface for managing groups of users and facilitating granular access to users for specifics groups of computers.
  • The mobile app is very good.
  • The biggest problem with LogMeIn is the pricing—every year they raise prices. For businesses that can justify the expense, it's still nice to have and to be fair, some of LogMeIn's competitors are similarly raising prices every year, but still, it's the single biggest point of frustration. Not just because it gets more expensive, but because it makes it hard to commit to LogMeIn as a long-term infrastructure choice when the year-over-year cost is not only increasing but unpredictable. I just don't see the value of the product rising commensurate with the price increases. They do keep improving it and adding features but at the end of the day what 99% of users care about is still just the remote control, not all the secondary features.
It's well-suited for business users and also is a good choice for organizations with higher compliance thresholds to meet. I would say I have more confidence in LogMeIn from a compliance/security point of view than I do in some of its closest competitors. It's a solid product.
May 31, 2019

A great, easy, reliable, no fuss way to have persistent access.

• Reliable connection.
  • Easily configurable.
  • Secure connection.
  • The price has increased steadily. When I first used it, it was free. Now they want an arm and leg for even 500 client PCs.
It is well suited for companies needing reliable connections to servers/PCs on a persistent basis. It is too costly to install on all PCs that you support.
May 31, 2019

Good Product but has become slightly unstable

• Easy remote application.
  • Remote power on in certain scenarios.
  • Provides access for additional users to selected machines.
  • The Mac software crashes constantly.
  • Sometimes it does not seem to fully log out, and might leave the keyboard locked for a while.
  • The price is getting increased, sometimes drastically.
Being a Mac user, and the main person needing to remote in, it has become annoying how often LogMeIn crashes and sends crash reports.
May 31, 2019

Overall good product, with constant enhancements

• Two form factor authentication available, a requirement in today's security world
  • They now have Linux support
  • Remote monitoring and information gathering from endpoints
  • Cost is high, but not as much as some of their competitors
  • Lack of monitoring 3rd party Antivirus solutions in favor of there own provided solution
  • High CPU usage triggers alert on automatic updates of their LogMeIn client software
It is useful where remote desktop is unavailable for whatever reason and you need secure access to the equipment. If is also helpful because you can access the user's session like WebEx, but have access to items run as an administrator, unlike WebEx. Remote installation of the full client can be difficult.
May 30, 2019

Excellent product with exorbitant pricing

• LogMeIn excels at the remote desktop portion, especially when using LogMeIn Client for immediate access without a browser.
  • File transfer has been an incredible time saver, which is something I thought I would never even use.
  • The primary web interface has a ton of ways to view the status of any of my machines, although that can get complicated.
  • It should be easier to initiate a remote reboot. It can't be done from LogMeIn Client, you have to open the website, login to the selected PC and go through a menu tree to get to advanced options and reboot preferences. Often it has been easier to just reboot the thing when I am logged in remotely and let the remote session lock up than to go through the rest of it.
  • Antivirus should be more automated. I have installed to machines multiple times only to log in later and learn that the product wouldn't update without local (or remote) interaction, could not just be deployed, installed, updated and run all from the home screen.
  • Should simplify the wake on lan functionality to interface with Windows without booting to BIOS locally.
LogMeIn works very well in my daily operation. I don't know any specifics but they are obviously one of the oldest and best recognized players in this market. Part of the reason for that is simply because it works exceptionally well, and it works consistently. If I was not a long term user I would have to start by determining how often I was going to use it. This product is EXPENSIVE. It's a great product, but make sure you're going to use it enough to justify the cost.

LogMeIn to the Rescue!

• Easy
  • Quick
  • Trusted
  • Improved connection time
  • More remote controls
  • Allowing a new chat windows
LogMeIn is well suited for any IT department or provider where the users may be spread out among multiple locations. This allows us to troubleshoot more than one issue at a time rather than having to travel onsite and only solve one.

Screen sharing (40)
File transfer (44)
Instant message (28)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (6)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (29)
6.6
Over-the-Internet remote session (44)
Initiate remote control from mobile (37)
Remote management of servers & workstations (42)
Remote Active Directory® management (15)
Centralized management dashboard (40)
Session record (21)
Annotations (14)
Monitoring and Alerts (27)
Multi-platform remote control (28)

About LogMeIn Central

LogMeIn Central is a powerful, cloud-based remote monitoring and endpoint management solution enabling IT professionals to effectively monitor, manage, and secure their endpoint infrastructure. Whether you have remote employees or endpoints scattered across the globe, the vendor promises that LogMeIn Central provides IT organizations with the speed, flexibility, and insight needed to increase productivity, reduce IT costs, and mitigate risk.