LogMeIn Rescue from the company LogMeIn in Boston, MA is remote administration software for IT management and support.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/i0/zi/4BZ9VSZ1DI3O.JPEGHow LogMeIn Rescue has made our company betterWe are an IT consulting company and use it to remotely access client workstations and servers. It allows us to handle many troubleshooting scenarios remotely rather than traveling on site. The Rescue Agent is great for installing updates and being able to work on a remote computer without requiring the end user to be at their desk.,Unattended Remote Access. Quickly get a new user/computer to connect. We typically use the 6 digit code method and direct users to logmein123.com. Gather statistics on a remote computer such as services installed and running, disk space, and other metrics.,Better support for servers with unattended access. The unattended access works well, but occasionally will get disabled or uninstalled on servers and needs to be reconfigured.,10,Having a remote access tool we can trust allows us to spend less time traveling to clients. This is a cost savings in travel expense and time. The time saved on traveling can be spent doing productive work.,10,10,TeamViewer, GoToMyPC, Join.me and Chrome Remote Desktop,Visual Studio IDE, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office 365Excellent Remote ApplicationThe software allows us to easily connect with users that are not nearby or close enough for us to quickly access them in order to provide support. Since our business has multiple locations LogMeIn rescue makes it simple to connect with all of our users in a quick and efficient manner.,Quickly connect to the user with minimal wait time. Simple interface, easy to understand and navigate.,The initial download for the user can be confusing when it comes to downloading and running the applet. It can vary across platforms such as MAC vs PC.,10,LogMeIn has increased the number of users we can help during a single business day. LogMeIn has allowed us to decrease the total number of open tickets.,10,10,TeamViewer,TeamViewerLove LogMeIn Rescue - Saves me money & timeWe use it to remotely log in with customers and help them over the phone. Our entire company uses the program.,Remains connected on logout/safe mode/reboot very well. File Transfer works flawlessly. Working with multiple computers at once works great.,Would love to see a way to mirror multiple screens better. For example, we log in to a customer that has 2 screens and we have two screens on our workstation. I would like to see both screens at the same time in full-screen mode (this is very common). Would like the ability to save the "Computers" that we have unattended access to.,9,Helps save us a lot of money traveling to a customer site to fix an issue that can easily be done over the phone, mostly saving our techs time to drive there and the cost of gas. Each time we can avoid going to the site, it saves us at least an hour travel time ($89) and the cost of gas (roughly $10).,9,9,TeamViewer,MalwarebytesRescue has been a business saver!LogMeIn Rescue is being used every day in our business to support our clients in their computer and security needs.,File Transfer - simple and fast. Unattended access - simple to set up, just works, and is less hassle to clients as they don't have to walk through the connection process for repeat sessions. Screen capture - a great tool to save errors, etc. You can save these in client records for history/billing purposes. History/Notes - helpful for billing purposes. Can also be saved in client records for historical lookups.,Unattended access service seems to fail and/or not start at times. After Windows updates, sometimes remote session does not reconnect after rebooting to install updates. Sometimes a session that is having trouble connecting will get "stuck" in the session list showing "connecting" and there is nothing you can do to end it or try to restart it.,10,LogMeIn Rescue has had a very positive impact on our business. It has allowed me to grow my business from an "in-home" part-time tech support business to a full time business. We can manage multiple clients at a time, put sessions on hold that we are waiting on, and still take on new sessions at the same time.,9,10,Zendesk,Microsoft Office 365, QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Avast CloudCareGreat Remote ToolI use LogMeIn Rescue every day to support clients, update software and troubleshoot issues on Windows PCs. I update my database software remotely for customers. I troubleshoot a variety of problems from resetting passwords to installing and uninstalling software to running malware scans. I support Windows servers for several customers including managing users, rights and updating software.,One of my favorite features in unattended access. Particularly for servers this feature allows me to keep updates and policies current without disrupting customers daily use. As long as my customers have good internet, copying files back and forth to troubleshoot data problems is a snap. When I need to roll out updates I can make changes once and update multiple computers quickly.,I wish Windows server access didn't require entering a password multiple times. Troubleshooting hardware problems is more difficult than it should be. I work a lot with dot matrix printers, it would be nice to be able to update printer settings remotely. This is a joke because you need to touch the printer to change firmware settings.,10,LogMeIn Rescue works better for me than some of the other products I've tried. It is a little more expensive, but more efficient.,10,5,,Trend Micro Network Defense, Amazon Web Services, iMagic Inventory SoftwareI Recommend LogMeInWe use LogMeIn to support users who are remotely based for IT issues.,Remote access from any machine to any machine with internet connectivity. Unattended access. Team collaboration.,Running the app is a bit slow at times,9,The majority of our IT issues can be resolved remotely without a local presence.,10,10,LogMeIn Rescue: does one thing and does it really well.We use LogMeIn Rescue (LMI) to provide remote support to customers. The customer would call in and, if required, the Service Desk Analyst would use LogMeIn to remotely take control of the customer's computer and troubleshoot remotely. This means that most of the issues could be resolved quickly and remotely, before a technician could even physically get to the customer.LogMeIn is in a pretty crowded space, as there are many tools out there that do similar things. However, I consider LogMeIn to be a full feature remote support tool because it has a lot of strong features, such as:Granular backend administration console.Transfer session between technicians.Share session between technicians.Restart and resume control without any further customer intervention.Control of mobile devices.,It's easy to guide the customer to set up the initial connection. Transfer/share control between technicians. It's a very good built-in tool to administer account permission and license. It's trouble-free, and works as it is supposed to. We never spent any effort to troubleshoot or fix anything. The tool is pretty much set and forget. Strong administration features: Email alerting for when you are running out of concurrent license. Useful reporting usage statistics.,The tool works so well so it is very hard to identify an area that could improve significantly. One area could be how licensing is counted. Maybe count license usage based on the number of concurrent remote control session instead of the number of technicians currently logged in. This might not seem like a big deal, but if you have a lot of technicians, they could all sign in and hold up licenses without actually using any remote control sessions.,9,The tool has a concurrent licensing module, so it is very flexible, and that combined with usage statistics reporting allows you to get the right amount of licenses for your needs. We have other tools with some overlapping capabilities like NCentral which we can use to do remote support. However, NCentral requires an agent to be already installed on the user's machine, and that is not always the case. So LogMeIn is a good catch-all tool to ensure that you will also be able to provide remote support.,10,9,TeamViewer and SolarWinds N-central,SolarWinds N-central, Mikogo, TeamViewerWe have been rescued by LogMeIn Rescue, why you should too!We use the software to remotely access and support offices' technical issues. It is currently used in our Technical Support department, but we are slowly adding users from other departments. It allows us to assist our offices much easier than previously used products, and integration with our chat-based support solution is a big bonus.,Easy to use, both by support technicians and end-users, to get connected. As our end users are not typically well-versed when it comes to technology, the easier we can get remoted in and helping, the better. On a similar point, the Calling Card feature is excellent. It allows an already simple process for connecting to remote users to be even easier. Reporting: Very granular reporting on all usage aspects of the software. Great for keeping tabs on exactly how the software is being used, as well as survey results for support sessions.,More integration with newer chat products offered from LogMeIn would be helpful. The calling card feature currently only allows one setup to be deployed. Adding the ability to setup different Calling Cards could be helpful across our business.,10,Increased efficiency due to chat integration. Increased efficiency due to less time fighting to get the remote access to work as we had with our previous software.,10,10,Webex Support Center and SolarWinds MSP ManagerLogMeIn Rescue makes us efficient and is fast and flexibleWe use Rescue within our entire company, although certain users use it more frequently than others. When we're on the phone with one of our reps, sometimes it helps to remotely access their PC or Mac, to fix it for them, or to do some training. Years ago, I created our own calling card and we leave that on some remote machines when we determine that they will possibly need frequent assistance.,Conserving bandwidth by being able to switch to lower color bit depth or grayscale or B&W. They can really help to get the remote session in a useable state when the remote Internet connection is bandwidth strained. Rescue has the flexibility to be able to connect quickly to a computer when you don't need admin rights, or it can switch to a background service to get admin rights when we need to help fix some Windows issues. Rescue makes it easy to transfer a connected remote session to another user of Rescue. That is very helpful at times.,It would be great if Rescue was able to install a calling card on a Macintosh computer. Frequently when I open Rescue, I need to adjust the size of the different areas by dragging the horizontal or vertical sliders. Seems that Rescue doesn't remember how I like to have the window set up. I like dark mode and would love it if they made the whole Rescue window work with that. Currently, only certain parts of the Rescue window are using dark mode.,9,We try to keep phone calls as short as possible, mainly because if we can remotely connect and help the caller quickly, then they tend to end up pleased. If we didn't remotely connect and just talked them through what they need to do on their computer- which I did for many, many years before we obtained Rescue- then the caller can sometimes get tense or frustrated. Having multiple Rescue licenses is helpful, especially at a time where we are getting many calls about some problem. Rescue makes its users more efficient.,8,10,GoToMyPC,Microsoft Office 365LogMeIn has never LetMeDown 10/10My company's customer support department uses LogMeIn to assist callers with questions or issues, To record or capture images errors or bugs, to provide intro education to new customers. It is also used by my department to provide support to our remote employees if they have any issues or the need to install any new software. Management also uses the monitoring function to confirm the customer support staff is following correct protocols when logging in with customers.,LogMeIn effectively allows me as IT professional to take control with administrative rights and perform maintenance remotely. LogMeIn has a quick and easy to use file transfer functionality making it easy for our company to provide training materials and reference documents well on a call with customers. LogMeIn has reliable and trustworthy security in place allowing for my company to safely use it for our work that heavily involves sensitive information.,The only con I have is regarding the video recordings, they are either not in real time or have a low frame rate. The result is what appears to be a slightly sped up recording. This has never resulted any setbacks, only momentary confusion for some reviews of reporting of bugs.,10,Constantly easy to use tool allows for our company to handle calls more effectively, increasing our one call resolutions significantly.,10,10,,Remote Desktop Manager, Microsoft 365 Business,60Good tool overall for remote supportThis product is used by IT support for remote support of in-office and remote users.,Easy to start up for the users Quick, reliable connections Able to take admin control easily and quickly Can control all monitors Multiple methods of remote access (pin code, email, url link) Able to create unattended access for long remote sessions or sessions that take place on multiple days Good file transfer system,Sometimes connection drops and reconnects Connection emails are sometimes slow Admin control for business may require sharing admin credentials with customer File transfer requires admin control to initiate,7,We are able to have a centralized help desk for country-wide support Issues are solved faster with remote support vs deskside or having to ship computers Able to clear more tickets in a short amount of time Able to help multiple customers if needed,8,10LogMeIn Rescue is a must for your IT departmentWe use LogMeIn Rescue across all of our companies. This software has taken our travel expenses down while allowing us the tools to work with end-users and endpoints effectively.,The ability to have scripts in the portal to quickly automate tasks. Built-in file transfer to allow for the flow of documents and files. This can either be used to push or pull these files and allows our team to have the ability to work with an end-user in a manner as if we were sitting at their endpoint. The ability to keep history and make notes on an endpoint to allow all techs visibility of items that have been worked on in the past.,We have used all aspects of LogMeIn Rescue and as of now, we have not seen a need for improvement.,10,LogMeIn Rescue has taken our expenses down from having to travel to the location. We can do almost anything from our IT department. The price of the subscription definitely paid for itself.,TeamViewer and VNC Connect,10,TeamViewer, VNC ConnectLogMeIn Rescue is a good choiceIt is being used by our support team to connect to clients to fix IT-related issues. We have an entire team that uses this product daily to provide these services and relies on it to do their job. We've found the tool invaluable in providing these services to our customers.,Remote access Remote printing Remote file sharing,Getting non-admin users to connect without needing Admin credentials,9,The cost of the product is high compared to some competitors, but we've found it a good investment.,9,8,Splashtop On-Demand Support,Microsoft Office 365LogMeIn is a great tool for any IT professionalOut IT department uses LogMeIn. Our company has 7000 end users most of which are remote users. We use it many times a day assisting people working across the U.S. in many different environments. I have used several remote tools, but LogMeIn is the one I prefer.,The ability to work on a machine remotely and be able to restart the computer and reconnect without having to go through the connection process again. The ability to copy files to or from a computer. Being able to watch the end user and evaluate if something they are doing or are not doing could be causing the issue.,I would like the ability to be able to lock the end user's keyboard while on the computer. Many times they hit keys or move their mouse which can delay my being able to give the best support possible.,10,Very easy to use and a quick way to get our end users working again.,ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech),OwnBackup for Service Now, Microsoft Office 365,20,1,remote support for installing software packages remote support for troubleshooting numerous issues training remote users in numerous systems,anyway I've used it doesn't appear unexpected or innovative to me,I am trying to get my organization to allow us to use it with mobile devices,9,Not Sure,Product Features Product Usability,I don't think I would change anything,Don't know,I was not in the company when it was implemented,7,Self-taught,Very easy to learn without training,9,No I don't,nothing further no,9,No,I only report the issues to my manager and she takes care of it, but I don't really remember any issues to speak of,The entire system is very easy to use both for the technician and the end user,I haven't seen anything difficult or cumbersome about Logmein Rescue,Yes, but I don't use it,10,10,10,10,I'm unaware,not that I am aware of,File import/export,,None,,,I am unaware,no,I don't know,I don't know
LogMeIn Rescue

LogMeIn Rescue Reviews

LogMeIn Rescue

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 14 of 210 LogMeIn Rescue ratings and reviews.

Support

I never had to engage support for LogMeIn Rescue because I never had any problem with it. I never needed someone to show me how to do something because everything is so intuitive and it only takes a few minutes to figure out how to do things, so I can't provide a good answer to this question. I know that their sales team are responsive whenever we have licensing related inquiries, so I assume that their support would be of similar quality.

Support

The Rescue support team is great! Always quick to answer when questions arise and happy to review the account settings with you or teach you tricks with the software. They also regularly schedule webinars and Q&A sessions to help you become more familiar with the software and ideas to improve its usage.

Support

I have only needed to utilize the customer support function once and this was to verify a simple question before moving forward with a change to our administrative users. The hold time was very little; I was speaking with a human being within three minutes of starting the call. My question was answered; the call took a total of six minutes. For me hold time is critical. A person should never be on hold for more than 10 minutes and for this call I was on for much much less.

Screen sharing (57)
9.4
File transfer (53)
Instant message (53)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (16)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (25)
Over-the-Internet remote session (56)
Initiate remote control from mobile (26)
Remote management of servers & workstations (41)
Remote Active Directory® management (21)
Centralized management dashboard (29)
Session record (40)
Annotations (29)
Monitoring and Alerts (24)
Multi-platform remote control (36)

About LogMeIn Rescue