July 17, 2020
Score 6 out of 10
Read James Harrison, CISSP's full review
- Buy professional services.
- Buy and implement the system if possible.
- Remember that the end point log configuration may require other teams in your company to assist you in getting the desired logs from all resources.
- Attend the end user and daily operations training after a period of usage so you are not overwhelmed with information on concepts not yet seen.
- Don't be afraid to call for help during your first months of use.
- Don't close any ticket until you are sure the expected results are verified.
- Use the community forums to discuss issues with your peers.
- Watch the training videos offered by L R University.