Loom is free screen recording and video sharing software from the small company of the same name in San Francisco. designed to support education and marketing with short instructive and easily constructed videos.Super Easy and Fast Screenshare RecordingsI use Loom every day to send short video explanations to my clients or team. All you have to do is press one button, record your video, and hit send, The link to share is automatically copied to your clipboard and you just have to send it. It's also great for personalized video outreach for prospects. And you can download the videos if you need to, to improve the organization of your files.,Super fast to learn and use Literally, the easiest tool to use —download and press one button Doesn't get in the way on your browser 100 videos can be stored for free account Videos can be downloaded with a free account Sharing is simple and immediate,Sometimes the video quality is a little grainy. It would be nice for some screen marking capability to be made a free feature. The desktop app automatically starts on my computer and I can't find a setting to make it not do that.,10,Saves a massive amount of time recording videos. Helps me share important details quickly with my team and clients. Makes it fast to send personalized videos to prospects. Faster to share files (anything that saves time is huge!).,Camtasia and screenflow,ClickFunnels, WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, WebinarJam, EverWebinar, ActiveCampaign, ScheduleOnce, Acuity Scheduling, Wufoo, G Suite, Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service), Slack, Trello, Asana, Basecamp, Zoom, Skype, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Logic Pro X, Final Cut Pro X, Loom, Zapier, Leadpages, Facebook for Business, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics,10,10,10Loom is amazing!We use Loom for so many things! The support team uses it to give customers visuals on workflows and best practices for using our product. It's a game changer, and customers love the personal touch and visual that Loom has empowered our team with. We can also document issues found in our product to then pass along to the Quality Assurance team.,Browser recording. Video rendering/processing quickly, to be able to share with others. Storage of videos.,Loom has improved and implemented a lot of features since I came onboard. Folders for videos was a huge improvement, as well as trimming. The trimming tool is a little clunky and could use some updates on precision and speed. I'd love to be able to do more meticulous editing and separate audio from video.,10,Greatly increased our CSAT. Customers love the visual. Improved communication and replication for the QA team (support adds the replication of the issue via loom). Great quick training tool to distribute information across the team.,iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro and Screenhero (Discontinued),Droplr, Domo, Expensify,10,10,9For Quick & Dirty, No Fuss, No Muss Screen Capture Video, Nothing Beat LoomI primarily use Loom to create quick "how-to" videos that have a very focused, time-sensitive requirement. "Here's how to do this particular thing." It's particularly well-suited to that sort of quick & dirty, one-off type of video instruction. Since I have the option of including my built-in video camera as part of the video itself, it helps add that personal touch - the "face" - to the video.,Integrated right into Chrome - If I want to make a screen-capture video of a particular window in Chrome, I just start the Loom extension from within that window. It automatically records the entire window, my audio, computer audio and/or my video camera. In other words, it makes recording a screen capture video fast and almost automatic. I like that it automatically saves it to my Loom account profile and also provides a URL I can send to people. I think the utility of this feature is pretty obvious. The sequence is 1. Start loom 2. click the RECORD button 3. record 4. click the STOP button 5. copy and paste the URL which loom automatically generates. The way they have chosen to provide online organizing of my videos is pretty well executed. I can create folders and move related videos into those folders. This becomes really important when you start creating a lot of videos.,Loom is great for what it does - super quick & dirty screen capture videos. If you want more control over your video production, then the reality is you probably need a more robust tool. It has very rudimentary sound and video editing abilities, and no titling ability. Frankly, I don't consider this lack of features an issue, because I use Loom ONLY for what it is good at and don't expect it to do more. It doesn't do 16:9 format videos. (Unless they've added that feature since I last used it.) That's not a deal-breaker for me, but it could be for some folks.,,8,I'm a sucker for good tools, and Loom solves one very narrow, very specific problem for me - quick, low-production, easy-to-distribute videos. I can't put a number on what it has done for me, but I can say unequivocally that it saves me a TON of time when I need what it does. I will also say that if you try to make Loom do more than it was really made for, you'll end up wasting time. I think of it like a tack hammer - if I need to drive tiny tacks or tiny nails into soft wood, nothing beats a tack hammer. But if I am trying to drive 16 penny nails to frame a house, a tack hammer is a terrible solution. It will work, but there are better ways to do the job.,Zoom,Zoom Video Webinar, Canva,10A really cool tool for rapid screen capture, basic editing and sharingI have various needs to explain processes and workflows for internal training as well as to customers and partners. Relying on screenshots is an option, but requires editing and can take time. Loom allows me to quickly create shareable and/or downloadable videos to show a process/workflow or document a bug, with or without audio commentary in a rapid fashion. It's a huge timesaver, and allows me to showcase visually and with audio without needing to open up more time intensive apps to solve the same challenges.,Describing a workflow or process - show the recipient how it's done, with your audio overlay instantly. Sharing with ease - your video is automatically hosted on their servers with the link automatically copied to your clipboard for rapid sending Basic editing - in the UI, you can quickly trim off unneeded time from your video.,Settings could be more configurable - I rarely want my face on the video. Every time I need to turn it off... ideally this could be a setting to have it disabled by default. The UI while recording could be improved. I often forget the keyboard shortcuts, and a simpler red button floating on the screen or somethign would be great to stop the recording simply as needed. The desktop app (in beta) overrides some standard keyboard shortcuts in OSX, which is frustrating.,9,This increases efficiency by making sharing content instant This saves money by reducing the amount of unique tools needed (i.e. not needing individual camtasia licenses),Camtasia and Snagit,Adobe Photoshop, SlackLoom is Literally the Best for Screen Capture VideosWe use Loom in two capacities, the first being training for clients. We use it to screengrab video of how to do very specific tasks in platforms like Infusionsoft and Google Ads. The second thing we use it for is to prove or show what we did in a specific order to get the results we did on a project to our clients. Since it is your computer, it is easier to maneuver instead of trying to show and tell on another machine.,Screenshare Screenshare with video or without video Makes it easy to disseminate the recorded video via a custom and unique URL.,You cannot draw when you are recording so it is hard to bring attention to a particular area of your screen. Editing the video you create is very rudimentary and is not the most intuitive.,8,Free video capturing software that has saved us a ton of employee time in trying to explain or show particular and unique order of operations on a platform.,BlueJeans and Zoom,Zoom, BlueJeans, Infusionsoft,10,10,5Using LOOM saves you and your client time--and makes you look great!I use LOOM several times a day in my work as a strategic storyteller and experience designer. Sometimes, I'm helping somebody understand how to do something online using one of our company's project management programs. Sometimes, I'll walk a client through a proposal, report, or a deliverable, adding some color along the way so that they get extra value from what I've provided to them in print (or on-screen). I also use LOOM to answer questions and to create video proposals for smaller projects. Most people that haven't seen a LOOM-like video before are thrilled and want to get it for themselves. The LOOM user experience is delightful. It took me less than one minute to make my first video. Of course, I didn't like it, so I made more :-) If I make a mistake or misspeak, it's so easy to just delete and start again. Personally, I only do short form videos on loom. The program will support longer formats, but I just don't use it that way.,LOOM's time-to-record Is super fast. Once you install the Chrome widget, it only takes two clicks to start recording. LOOM gives you three options for what your viewers can see. Screen only, camera only, and camera on top of the screen. Anything that you're doing on the screen is also captured in the video. LOOM makes it easy to share your video. Just click the copy link button and paste into your favorite email program. It's truly easy :-),There's only one thing I would like for LOOM to do better. I believe it's a pretty easy fix. I'd like to be able to control the start and the stop of the video with my voice. Currently, loom allows you to click a button or use a keyboard key combination to start and stop the video. LOOM also provides some basic trimming functions. Sometimes it's hard for me to keep my fingers in the right place and not look down at the end of the video. When I do that, it results in people seeing me looking down which they translate often as a doubtful look. I don't like appearing to be doubtful so I would love to be able to start the video and stop the video with my voice.,10,LOOM has earned me at least 50 complements in the last two months. I can't put a number value on that, but it does go to credibility and enhanced reputation. LOOM has cut the time it takes me to create short-project proposals from about 45 minutes to 5 minutes. LOOM makes it easy for other people at the recipient's organization to see and hear what I have to say.,iMovie, ZoomLoom - Screenshare life saver!Loom is the fastest and easiest way to send video correspondence to clients when I need to do a web-based screen share. It saves me INSANE amounts of time. No more uploading videos, no more voice messages, no more trying to type out in a long, confusing email what can easily be shown in a three minute video and sent off to the client instantly. I use this for short tutorials, to show a client how to edit something in their website, to show where edits are needed in documents that are more complex, etc. Loom is literally one of the best things to happen to my business.,Web-based screen share (there is a new desktop app too that I'm on the wait list to test!) SUPER FAST access to recorded videos (super long videos have a slight upload time but the access link is available INSTANTLY). Show/hide your own camera so you can be on screen or off. Just video with no screen-share, hosting made SUPER easy to send video notes to clients!,Would say that I'd like to use it on my desktop, but they're already rolling out that feature! I'd love to be able to go in and clip/edit the loom after recording.,10,Huge time saver! No longer have to set up a Zoom or Skype call to screen-share with a client and ask questions, just a quick Loom does the trick. No longer have to use fancy software to screen record, then upload to Youtube, then send to client.,Zoom and Skype,ActiveCampaign, Acuity Scheduling, ClickFunnelsEasiest way to quickly shoot a screen recording and share with friends/clientsWe use Loom primarily use loom for making quick videos to send internally to troubleshoot or share aspects of our platform. We've also used Loom as a sales team to make quick videos to send to clients -- for example, meeting recaps, short demos of a specific feature/functionality, etc.,A super easy way to do a screen recording and share via link Lots of functionality around camera/mic source and video sources (e.g. screen only, screen + cam, cam only) Ability to track views and opens of the video Freemium version is great -- highly cost-effective,It would be nice to have more ability to edit videos after recording. You do have the ability to trim on both ends of the video, but being able to cut out snippets in the middle would be helpful in some instances.,10,It's difficult to estimate an ROI, however, I would say that it has saved us time that otherwise would have been spent communicating via email/slack in a less-effective, non-video format.,WistiaLooking at LoomLoom is being used in my organization to better discuss data, in an easy to use and effective way. Sometimes Loom is used internally to communicate with recruitment teams, but what we've found to be most important is Loom to discuss recruitment with hiring managers. We're able to keep them informed on what's going on with their open positions, without playing phone tag for a conversation and without just sent over a boring report to read through.,Can be opened and looked at at the recipients convenience Allows our company to discuss data in a way they weren't able to before Reduces phone tag,Sometimes the chrome extension doesn't work properly Nothing else I can think of,9,We're able to keep hiring managers happier which typically can increase the number of hires we have. That, in turn, increases revenue. Happy hiring managers also mean more renewals of partnerships We're able to get information to the hiring manager quicker, which can lead to quicker hiring times, which means more money to use faster.,Loom is great!Loom is used across our entire organization to record informational and instructional videos for both internal use and customer support. Internally Loom is used for recording product and process training. Loom videos are interspersed in training materials and make nuanced processes crystal clear. Additionally, we are able to record videos to assist our customers through tasks and solutions that would otherwise be difficult to describe over text or phone alone.,Easy to use interface. Cloud platform is handy. Screen captures are clear and high quality.,Honestly haven't run into any pressing issues. Satisfied!,10,By making training material clear and easy to understand, less time is lost with misunderstood products or processes.,Zoom, Slack, VidyardRecording videos is quick and easy with Loom!We've been using Loom to create training and support videos for our customers and also for collaboration within our team. It's a quick, easy way to create a video of something that may be hard to describe in words and we've found it very useful so far. It's made collaboration amount our team easier and more fun and it's been great to have videos for our customers who ask for them.,Easy access to video tools through the browser extension. Lots of tools to customize what you record (one window, entire desktop, etc.). Simple editing to remove errors or sections that you don't need.,I wish that you could splice videos together without having to download them and use a different software. The notifications/communications from Loom when you're just getting started go a little overboard. It would be nice to have a frame selection tool so you can customize the exact space you want to record.,9,Loom has saved us a lot of time because we can record videos for our customers instead of walking them through something one-on-one. Loom has helped us have better tools for our customers who often request video trainings. Loom has helped us easily communicate with each other as a team about how new software works, how to replicate bugs we see, and other messages that work best with visuals.,,Slack, GrooveHQ, Jive,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,I wasn't in charge of this process.Loom gets the job done quickly and efficiently!We use Loom to communicate important updates and strategic initiatives across the team. It lets you run through a deck and choose to focus on certain things or not focus on others which is really valuable. It's like a meeting but you don't need to leave your desk!,The Chrome extension makes it SO easy to start making a loom in seconds. I like the little circle of your face in the corner I think it makes people feel more involved and more likely to watch your video. The setup takes about 12 seconds!,I wish you could launch Loom while you are already in a Google presentation (or close out of it - the buttons are not clickable after you hit present) but this really isn't a big deal and probably a Google problem, not Chrome to be honest. Not really a con - but it would be SO AWESOME if there was a way you could like draw on the screen while you are recording a Loom. Like how you can on a SmartBoard.,10,Helps us stay in the loop while saving time!,Zoom,Trello, Okta, Salesforce App Cloud, Zoom
Loom

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert profile photo
May 01, 2019

Super Easy and Fast Screenshare Recordings

• Super fast to learn and use
  • Literally, the easiest tool to use —download and press one button
  • Doesn't get in the way on your browser
  • 100 videos can be stored for free account
  • Videos can be downloaded with a free account
  • Sharing is simple and immediate
  • Sometimes the video quality is a little grainy.
  • It would be nice for some screen marking capability to be made a free feature.
  • The desktop app automatically starts on my computer and I can't find a setting to make it not do that.
Loom is perfect if you do anything on a computer or phone and you need to document it. Rather than firing up another screen recording tool, recording your video, then downloading the file and uploading it to Youtube THEN sharing that link (my old workflow)—I can now just press one button, select the area of my screen I want to record, record my video, and send it within seconds. No extra software or steps.
Read Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert's full review
May 14, 2019

Loom is amazing!

• Browser recording.
  • Video rendering/processing quickly, to be able to share with others.
  • Storage of videos.
  • Loom has improved and implemented a lot of features since I came onboard. Folders for videos was a huge improvement, as well as trimming.
  • The trimming tool is a little clunky and could use some updates on precision and speed.
  • I'd love to be able to do more meticulous editing and separate audio from video.
Loom is best suited for browser and desktop recording. While it's not a robust video editing solution like something you'd find out of the Adobe suite, it's perfect for those who need a quick way to share their browsing and desktop experience. Loom is a game changer for sharing visuals with internal folks and external customers.
Jack Edward Heald profile photo
November 30, 2018

For Quick & Dirty, No Fuss, No Muss Screen Capture Video, Nothing Beat Loom

• Integrated right into Chrome - If I want to make a screen-capture video of a particular window in Chrome, I just start the Loom extension from within that window. It automatically records the entire window, my audio, computer audio and/or my video camera. In other words, it makes recording a screen capture video fast and almost automatic.
  • I like that it automatically saves it to my Loom account profile and also provides a URL I can send to people. I think the utility of this feature is pretty obvious. The sequence is 1. Start loom 2. click the RECORD button 3. record 4. click the STOP button 5. copy and paste the URL which loom automatically generates.
  • The way they have chosen to provide online organizing of my videos is pretty well executed. I can create folders and move related videos into those folders. This becomes really important when you start creating a lot of videos.
  • Loom is great for what it does - super quick & dirty screen capture videos. If you want more control over your video production, then the reality is you probably need a more robust tool. It has very rudimentary sound and video editing abilities, and no titling ability. Frankly, I don't consider this lack of features an issue, because I use Loom ONLY for what it is good at and don't expect it to do more.
  • It doesn't do 16:9 format videos. (Unless they've added that feature since I last used it.) That's not a deal-breaker for me, but it could be for some folks.,
If you have a user having trouble with something on their web browser, Loom is an awesome way to create video instructions, drop it in an email and send it to them. In other words, you can provide asynchronous video support.

If production quality is less important to you than being able to crank out a bunch of videos in a hurry, there's not much that can beat Loom.
Read Jack Edward Heald's full review
Jeff Garon profile photo
November 16, 2018

A really cool tool for rapid screen capture, basic editing and sharing

• Describing a workflow or process - show the recipient how it's done, with your audio overlay instantly.
  • Sharing with ease - your video is automatically hosted on their servers with the link automatically copied to your clipboard for rapid sending
  • Basic editing - in the UI, you can quickly trim off unneeded time from your video.
  • Settings could be more configurable - I rarely want my face on the video. Every time I need to turn it off... ideally this could be a setting to have it disabled by default.
  • The UI while recording could be improved. I often forget the keyboard shortcuts, and a simpler red button floating on the screen or somethign would be great to stop the recording simply as needed.
  • The desktop app (in beta) overrides some standard keyboard shortcuts in OSX, which is frustrating.
Great for customer service and sales to send specific instructions or examples to clients. For CS, it's a quick tool for making how-tos and other knowledge-base type content to enable customers. For advanced video editing, probably best to stick to other tools with more features and capabilities, but really great for quick jobs.
Read Jeff Garon's full review
Chandler Elmore profile photo
January 16, 2019

Loom is Literally the Best for Screen Capture Videos

• Screenshare
  • Screenshare with video or without video
  • Makes it easy to disseminate the recorded video via a custom and unique URL.
  • You cannot draw when you are recording so it is hard to bring attention to a particular area of your screen.
  • Editing the video you create is very rudimentary and is not the most intuitive.
Loom is not intended for presentations that would be considered client ready. Its main suggested use is for internally used training or explainer videos. Using the tool to bring attention to a specific order of operations on a particular platform that might not have an existing explainer video on it.
Read Chandler Elmore's full review
Mike Wittenstein profile photo
December 20, 2018

Using LOOM saves you and your client time--and makes you look great!

• LOOM's time-to-record Is super fast. Once you install the Chrome widget, it only takes two clicks to start recording.
  • LOOM gives you three options for what your viewers can see. Screen only, camera only, and camera on top of the screen. Anything that you're doing on the screen is also captured in the video.
  • LOOM makes it easy to share your video. Just click the copy link button and paste into your favorite email program. It's truly easy :-)
  • There's only one thing I would like for LOOM to do better. I believe it's a pretty easy fix. I'd like to be able to control the start and the stop of the video with my voice. Currently, loom allows you to click a button or use a keyboard key combination to start and stop the video. LOOM also provides some basic trimming functions. Sometimes it's hard for me to keep my fingers in the right place and not look down at the end of the video. When I do that, it results in people seeing me looking down which they translate often as a doubtful look. I don't like appearing to be doubtful so I would love to be able to start the video and stop the video with my voice.
LOOM is great for:

• giving instructions
  • adding color to proposals and presentations
  • training
  • coaching
  • adding commentary to a work-in-progress document
LOOM is not my go-to tool for:
  • long-format videos
  • anything that requires heavy editing or special effects
Read Mike Wittenstein's full review
Steena Brown profile photo
November 29, 2018

Loom - Screenshare life saver!

• Web-based screen share (there is a new desktop app too that I'm on the wait list to test!)
  • SUPER FAST access to recorded videos (super long videos have a slight upload time but the access link is available INSTANTLY).
  • Show/hide your own camera so you can be on screen or off.
  • Just video with no screen-share, hosting made SUPER easy to send video notes to clients!
  • Would say that I'd like to use it on my desktop, but they're already rolling out that feature!
  • I'd love to be able to go in and clip/edit the loom after recording.
Well suited for anyone doing work on a computer that is in any way visual and requires client input, feedback, or action. That covers a lot of work in the digital age! I love being able to explain/show my clients things rather than trying to write it all in an email. I always get feedback that Loom is SUPER helpful for them as well. It's like we're having a little virtual meeting that gets the job done in minutes instead of hours sending emails back and forth trying to understand something that simply must be shown.
Read Steena Brown's full review
January 05, 2019

Easiest way to quickly shoot a screen recording and share with friends/clients

• A super easy way to do a screen recording and share via link
  • Lots of functionality around camera/mic source and video sources (e.g. screen only, screen + cam, cam only)
  • Ability to track views and opens of the video
  • Freemium version is great -- highly cost-effective
  • It would be nice to have more ability to edit videos after recording. You do have the ability to trim on both ends of the video, but being able to cut out snippets in the middle would be helpful in some instances.
Here are some scenarios where Loom is well suited:
  • Recording bugs to troubleshoot SaaS products
  • Recording short how-to videos for either internal use or client success
  • Shooting quick, customized demo videos for clients
I can imagine Loom would be less appropriate if you're looking for a dedicated video repository (e.g. Wistia, Vimeo, etc.)
December 24, 2018

Looking at Loom

• Can be opened and looked at at the recipients convenience
  • Allows our company to discuss data in a way they weren't able to before
  • Reduces phone tag
  • Sometimes the chrome extension doesn't work properly
  • Nothing else I can think of
This software is great for anytime you want to communicate data better. We use it for announcements, hiring manager open position reviews, and team training.
December 22, 2018

Loom is great!

• Easy to use interface.
  • Cloud platform is handy.
  • Screen captures are clear and high quality.
  • Honestly haven't run into any pressing issues. Satisfied!
Loom is ideal for situations where a screen recording is necessary or would be extremely helpful to convey complex or nuanced information. The ability to simultaneously record webcam video is a very welcome feature. Adding accompanying webcam video can add a personal touch to screen recordings. The cloud-based storage ensures that videos can be easily disseminated to the entire organization quickly and easily.
Andrea Cross profile photo
August 06, 2018

Recording videos is quick and easy with Loom!

• Easy access to video tools through the browser extension.
  • Lots of tools to customize what you record (one window, entire desktop, etc.).
  • Simple editing to remove errors or sections that you don't need.
  • I wish that you could splice videos together without having to download them and use a different software.
  • The notifications/communications from Loom when you're just getting started go a little overboard.
  • It would be nice to have a frame selection tool so you can customize the exact space you want to record.
Loom works well for quickly recording videos right from your browser of things that you need to easily communicate to your team or your customers. You can start a video with the click of a button and edit it easily too. Loom makes it easy to store and share the videos. It doesn't have as many editing tools as I would like and I don't like that it always starts out with your profile picture in the lower left hand corner when recording. It doesn't look as polished as some other software I've seen.
Read Andrea Cross's full review
Carl Pieri profile photo
May 21, 2018

Loom gets the job done quickly and efficiently!

• The Chrome extension makes it SO easy to start making a loom in seconds.
  • I like the little circle of your face in the corner I think it makes people feel more involved and more likely to watch your video.
  • The setup takes about 12 seconds!
  • I wish you could launch Loom while you are already in a Google presentation (or close out of it - the buttons are not clickable after you hit present) but this really isn't a big deal and probably a Google problem, not Chrome to be honest.
  • Not really a con - but it would be SO AWESOME if there was a way you could like draw on the screen while you are recording a Loom. Like how you can on a SmartBoard.
Very easy to use, gets the job done quickly and efficiently
Read Carl Pieri's full review