Loom Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Andrew Folts profile photo
I use Loom both for my business and personally any time I need to record a screen-share. Often, I'll get questions from clients, etc, that would take a long time to write out instructions for, so Loom allows me to quickly and visually show a step-by-step process. It's much more effective than communicating by text alone and it solves problems in one response rather than an email chain.
  • Very quick to access and record via shortcuts.
  • Support for Chrome and capturing a browser window.
  • Ability to instantly share or download video.
  • Answering technical questions.
  • Answering emails when I can't type.
  • Creating how-to GIFs for social media.
Loom is excellent for quickly and conveniently recording screen shares and/or videos of yourself. It works perfectly for answering client questions or when you want to send someone a response but can't (or don't want to) type. I wish Loom had some very basic editing features—for example, dropping in title sequences for different sections of the video. As of now, you're better off downloading the video and working with it in Adobe, etc.
Read Andrew Folts's full review
Raphael Sanguinete profile photo
Loom is used to record and share screen capture videos in a quick way to support our development processes. The videos are recorded by revisors of game design mechanics to capture the feedback in video and audio as they play our game that is in development. The video stays in the Loom cloud platform, and is shared by one of our project management tools.
  • It's quick and easy to start recording.
  • A great cloud platform integrated to share the videos.
  • Password protection of the videos.
  • Integration with project management tools like ClickUp and Notion.
  • I had problems when recording long videos.
  • Sometimes, when recording, a huge amount of computer performance is needed.
  • The online video player of Loom is not as good as the more consolidated platforms (ex.: Youtube, Vimeo).
Loom is well suited for scenarios where you want to record and share screen-captured videos in a quick and easy way. Its main feature is that almost after finishing the recording your video will be available in the cloud, so you can share it with your collaborators quickly. It's less appropriate when you have to record long videos.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review
Loom is a very simple and convenient way to create training videos for new staff. We also use it to record internal procedures and demonstrations. A very simple tool to document the back-end of the business that makes it easy and quick to update procedures and processes in our business.
  • Very simple UX
  • Intuitive to use and simple
  • Editing just after recording
  • Sending a link of video to people for collaboration and sharing
  • Options to have a webcam, the screen only and webcam + screen when recording a video
  • Can be slow to process the video recording
  • Video editing can a bit tricky with the cursors, and not very accurate on the timeline
  • Making training videos of online software, or cloud applications to share with other team members.
  • Recording short videos to send to clients to explain specific processes or procedures.
  • Good for giving feedback to team
  • Documenting internal business processes and procedures to store them on an intranet site
  • Making a quick update on how to use a specific application for teams and users
Loom is a program that we recently started to use in order to start having documentation of every employee and leaders day to day tasks, to create training videos for people using different programs, create onboarding videos for new hires to watch when joining our team, to document how our work is seen in the real world, and for a handful of other uses. This truly is a great program that has a lot of usage cases.
  • The ability to record live video of your screen so you can record what you see in real-time.
  • Loom has different storage options available so you can keep them in the cloud or store them on your own computer.
  • Loom does a good job when it comes to sharing the videos you create with certain people on the team or certain groups.
  • Loom has room for improvement when it comes to the UX and what the end-user sees. There are definitely areas that could be more intuitive and user-friendly.
  • Loom on mobile devices is something that I would like to see some more work on. It is a very useful feature and I know we would use this.
  • Loom does tend to have some audio quality issues that I have noticed on a few rare occasions. Obviously this comes down the quality of your computer and recording equipment but I believe there could be improvements made when it comes to different settings for different equipment.
Loom has proven itself very effective when it has come to our team recording videos and recording their screen when it comes to training videos to onboard new hires, and also for documenting the different training protocols that have been set up for interdepartmental training or work. The program has proven itself as something different in a slew of other recording programs.
May 14, 2019

Loom is amazing!

We use Loom for so many things! The support team uses it to give customers visuals on workflows and best practices for using our product. It's a game changer, and customers love the personal touch and visual that Loom has empowered our team with. We can also document issues found in our product to then pass along to the Quality Assurance team.
  • Browser recording.
  • Video rendering/processing quickly, to be able to share with others.
  • Storage of videos.
  • Loom has improved and implemented a lot of features since I came onboard. Folders for videos was a huge improvement, as well as trimming.
  • The trimming tool is a little clunky and could use some updates on precision and speed.
  • I'd love to be able to do more meticulous editing and separate audio from video.
Loom is best suited for browser and desktop recording. While it's not a robust video editing solution like something you'd find out of the Adobe suite, it's perfect for those who need a quick way to share their browsing and desktop experience. Loom is a game changer for sharing visuals with internal folks and external customers.
Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert profile photo
I use Loom every day to send short video explanations to my clients or team. All you have to do is press one button, record your video, and hit send, The link to share is automatically copied to your clipboard and you just have to send it. It's also great for personalized video outreach for prospects. And you can download the videos if you need to, to improve the organization of your files.
  • Super fast to learn and use
  • Literally, the easiest tool to use —download and press one button
  • Doesn't get in the way on your browser
  • 100 videos can be stored for free account
  • Videos can be downloaded with a free account
  • Sharing is simple and immediate
  • Sometimes the video quality is a little grainy.
  • It would be nice for some screen marking capability to be made a free feature.
  • The desktop app automatically starts on my computer and I can't find a setting to make it not do that.
Loom is perfect if you do anything on a computer or phone and you need to document it. Rather than firing up another screen recording tool, recording your video, then downloading the file and uploading it to Youtube THEN sharing that link (my old workflow)—I can now just press one button, select the area of my screen I want to record, record my video, and send it within seconds. No extra software or steps.
Read Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert's full review
Jack Edward Heald profile photo
I primarily use Loom to create quick "how-to" videos that have a very focused, time-sensitive requirement. "Here's how to do this particular thing." It's particularly well-suited to that sort of quick & dirty, one-off type of video instruction. Since I have the option of including my built-in video camera as part of the video itself, it helps add that personal touch - the "face" - to the video.
  • Integrated right into Chrome - If I want to make a screen-capture video of a particular window in Chrome, I just start the Loom extension from within that window. It automatically records the entire window, my audio, computer audio and/or my video camera. In other words, it makes recording a screen capture video fast and almost automatic.
  • I like that it automatically saves it to my Loom account profile and also provides a URL I can send to people. I think the utility of this feature is pretty obvious. The sequence is 1. Start loom 2. click the RECORD button 3. record 4. click the STOP button 5. copy and paste the URL which loom automatically generates.
  • The way they have chosen to provide online organizing of my videos is pretty well executed. I can create folders and move related videos into those folders. This becomes really important when you start creating a lot of videos.
  • Loom is great for what it does - super quick & dirty screen capture videos. If you want more control over your video production, then the reality is you probably need a more robust tool. It has very rudimentary sound and video editing abilities, and no titling ability. Frankly, I don't consider this lack of features an issue, because I use Loom ONLY for what it is good at and don't expect it to do more.
  • It doesn't do 16:9 format videos. (Unless they've added that feature since I last used it.) That's not a deal-breaker for me, but it could be for some folks.,
If you have a user having trouble with something on their web browser, Loom is an awesome way to create video instructions, drop it in an email and send it to them. In other words, you can provide asynchronous video support.

If production quality is less important to you than being able to crank out a bunch of videos in a hurry, there's not much that can beat Loom.
Read Jack Edward Heald's full review
Jeff Garon profile photo
I have various needs to explain processes and workflows for internal training as well as to customers and partners. Relying on screenshots is an option, but requires editing and can take time. Loom allows me to quickly create shareable and/or downloadable videos to show a process/workflow or document a bug, with or without audio commentary in a rapid fashion. It's a huge timesaver, and allows me to showcase visually and with audio without needing to open up more time intensive apps to solve the same challenges.
  • Describing a workflow or process - show the recipient how it's done, with your audio overlay instantly.
  • Sharing with ease - your video is automatically hosted on their servers with the link automatically copied to your clipboard for rapid sending
  • Basic editing - in the UI, you can quickly trim off unneeded time from your video.
  • Settings could be more configurable - I rarely want my face on the video. Every time I need to turn it off... ideally this could be a setting to have it disabled by default.
  • The UI while recording could be improved. I often forget the keyboard shortcuts, and a simpler red button floating on the screen or somethign would be great to stop the recording simply as needed.
  • The desktop app (in beta) overrides some standard keyboard shortcuts in OSX, which is frustrating.
Great for customer service and sales to send specific instructions or examples to clients. For CS, it's a quick tool for making how-tos and other knowledge-base type content to enable customers. For advanced video editing, probably best to stick to other tools with more features and capabilities, but really great for quick jobs.
Read Jeff Garon's full review
Chandler Elmore profile photo
We use Loom in two capacities, the first being training for clients. We use it to screengrab video of how to do very specific tasks in platforms like Infusionsoft and Google Ads. The second thing we use it for is to prove or show what we did in a specific order to get the results we did on a project to our clients. Since it is your computer, it is easier to maneuver instead of trying to show and tell on another machine.
  • Screenshare
  • Screenshare with video or without video
  • Makes it easy to disseminate the recorded video via a custom and unique URL.
  • You cannot draw when you are recording so it is hard to bring attention to a particular area of your screen.
  • Editing the video you create is very rudimentary and is not the most intuitive.
Loom is not intended for presentations that would be considered client ready. Its main suggested use is for internally used training or explainer videos. Using the tool to bring attention to a specific order of operations on a particular platform that might not have an existing explainer video on it.
Read Chandler Elmore's full review
Mike Wittenstein profile photo
I use LOOM several times a day in my work as a strategic storyteller and experience designer. Sometimes, I'm helping somebody understand how to do something online using one of our company's project management programs. Sometimes, I'll walk a client through a proposal, report, or a deliverable, adding some color along the way so that they get extra value from what I've provided to them in print (or on-screen). I also use LOOM to answer questions and to create video proposals for smaller projects. Most people that haven't seen a LOOM-like video before are thrilled and want to get it for themselves.

The LOOM user experience is delightful. It took me less than one minute to make my first video. Of course, I didn't like it, so I made more :-) If I make a mistake or misspeak, it's so easy to just delete and start again. Personally, I only do short form videos on loom. The program will support longer formats, but I just don't use it that way.
  • LOOM's time-to-record Is super fast. Once you install the Chrome widget, it only takes two clicks to start recording.
  • LOOM gives you three options for what your viewers can see. Screen only, camera only, and camera on top of the screen. Anything that you're doing on the screen is also captured in the video.
  • LOOM makes it easy to share your video. Just click the copy link button and paste into your favorite email program. It's truly easy :-)
  • There's only one thing I would like for LOOM to do better. I believe it's a pretty easy fix. I'd like to be able to control the start and the stop of the video with my voice. Currently, loom allows you to click a button or use a keyboard key combination to start and stop the video. LOOM also provides some basic trimming functions. Sometimes it's hard for me to keep my fingers in the right place and not look down at the end of the video. When I do that, it results in people seeing me looking down which they translate often as a doubtful look. I don't like appearing to be doubtful so I would love to be able to start the video and stop the video with my voice.
LOOM is great for:

• giving instructions
  • adding color to proposals and presentations
  • training
  • coaching
  • adding commentary to a work-in-progress document
LOOM is not my go-to tool for:
  • long-format videos
  • anything that requires heavy editing or special effects
Read Mike Wittenstein's full review
Steena Brown profile photo
Loom is the fastest and easiest way to send video correspondence to clients when I need to do a web-based screen share. It saves me INSANE amounts of time. No more uploading videos, no more voice messages, no more trying to type out in a long, confusing email what can easily be shown in a three minute video and sent off to the client instantly. I use this for short tutorials, to show a client how to edit something in their website, to show where edits are needed in documents that are more complex, etc. Loom is literally one of the best things to happen to my business.
  • Web-based screen share (there is a new desktop app too that I'm on the wait list to test!)
  • SUPER FAST access to recorded videos (super long videos have a slight upload time but the access link is available INSTANTLY).
  • Show/hide your own camera so you can be on screen or off.
  • Just video with no screen-share, hosting made SUPER easy to send video notes to clients!
  • Would say that I'd like to use it on my desktop, but they're already rolling out that feature!
  • I'd love to be able to go in and clip/edit the loom after recording.
Well suited for anyone doing work on a computer that is in any way visual and requires client input, feedback, or action. That covers a lot of work in the digital age! I love being able to explain/show my clients things rather than trying to write it all in an email. I always get feedback that Loom is SUPER helpful for them as well. It's like we're having a little virtual meeting that gets the job done in minutes instead of hours sending emails back and forth trying to understand something that simply must be shown.
Read Steena Brown's full review
We use Loom primarily use loom for making quick videos to send internally to troubleshoot or share aspects of our platform. We've also used Loom as a sales team to make quick videos to send to clients -- for example, meeting recaps, short demos of a specific feature/functionality, etc.
  • A super easy way to do a screen recording and share via link
  • Lots of functionality around camera/mic source and video sources (e.g. screen only, screen + cam, cam only)
  • Ability to track views and opens of the video
  • Freemium version is great -- highly cost-effective
  • It would be nice to have more ability to edit videos after recording. You do have the ability to trim on both ends of the video, but being able to cut out snippets in the middle would be helpful in some instances.
Here are some scenarios where Loom is well suited:
  • Recording bugs to troubleshoot SaaS products
  • Recording short how-to videos for either internal use or client success
  • Shooting quick, customized demo videos for clients
I can imagine Loom would be less appropriate if you're looking for a dedicated video repository (e.g. Wistia, Vimeo, etc.)
December 24, 2018

Looking at Loom

Loom is being used in my organization to better discuss data, in an easy to use and effective way. Sometimes Loom is used internally to communicate with recruitment teams, but what we've found to be most important is Loom to discuss recruitment with hiring managers. We're able to keep them informed on what's going on with their open positions, without playing phone tag for a conversation and without just sent over a boring report to read through.
  • Can be opened and looked at at the recipients convenience
  • Allows our company to discuss data in a way they weren't able to before
  • Reduces phone tag
  • Sometimes the chrome extension doesn't work properly
  • Nothing else I can think of
This software is great for anytime you want to communicate data better. We use it for announcements, hiring manager open position reviews, and team training.
December 22, 2018

Loom is great!

Loom is used across our entire organization to record informational and instructional videos for both internal use and customer support. Internally Loom is used for recording product and process training. Loom videos are interspersed in training materials and make nuanced processes crystal clear. Additionally, we are able to record videos to assist our customers through tasks and solutions that would otherwise be difficult to describe over text or phone alone.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Cloud platform is handy.
  • Screen captures are clear and high quality.
  • Honestly haven't run into any pressing issues. Satisfied!
Loom is ideal for situations where a screen recording is necessary or would be extremely helpful to convey complex or nuanced information. The ability to simultaneously record webcam video is a very welcome feature. Adding accompanying webcam video can add a personal touch to screen recordings. The cloud-based storage ensures that videos can be easily disseminated to the entire organization quickly and easily.
Andrea Cross profile photo
We've been using Loom to create training and support videos for our customers and also for collaboration within our team. It's a quick, easy way to create a video of something that may be hard to describe in words and we've found it very useful so far. It's made collaboration amount our team easier and more fun and it's been great to have videos for our customers who ask for them.
  • Easy access to video tools through the browser extension.
  • Lots of tools to customize what you record (one window, entire desktop, etc.).
  • Simple editing to remove errors or sections that you don't need.
  • I wish that you could splice videos together without having to download them and use a different software.
  • The notifications/communications from Loom when you're just getting started go a little overboard.
  • It would be nice to have a frame selection tool so you can customize the exact space you want to record.
Loom works well for quickly recording videos right from your browser of things that you need to easily communicate to your team or your customers. You can start a video with the click of a button and edit it easily too. Loom makes it easy to store and share the videos. It doesn't have as many editing tools as I would like and I don't like that it always starts out with your profile picture in the lower left hand corner when recording. It doesn't look as polished as some other software I've seen.
Read Andrea Cross's full review
Carl Pieri profile photo
We use Loom to communicate important updates and strategic initiatives across the team. It lets you run through a deck and choose to focus on certain things or not focus on others which is really valuable. It's like a meeting but you don't need to leave your desk!
  • The Chrome extension makes it SO easy to start making a loom in seconds.
  • I like the little circle of your face in the corner I think it makes people feel more involved and more likely to watch your video.
  • The setup takes about 12 seconds!
  • I wish you could launch Loom while you are already in a Google presentation (or close out of it - the buttons are not clickable after you hit present) but this really isn't a big deal and probably a Google problem, not Chrome to be honest.
  • Not really a con - but it would be SO AWESOME if there was a way you could like draw on the screen while you are recording a Loom. Like how you can on a SmartBoard.
Very easy to use, gets the job done quickly and efficiently
Read Carl Pieri's full review

About Loom

Loom is free screen recording and video sharing software from the small company of the same name in San Francisco. designed to support education and marketing with short instructive and easily constructed videos.

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No