LoopNet is an online multiple listing service (MLS) supporting commercial real estate search, advertising, and lead generation for brokerages.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Qd/VE/AAFKBGTPWFH2.PNGThe Pros and Cons of LOOPNET (really you are dealing w CoStar)I used LoopNet pretty much on a daily basis. - For my listings, to do email marketing to prospects - For my for lease, for sale searches, I used it to find new properties that have hit the market, and I have to run reports, surveys of avails,Immediate alerts can be set up for new listings that meet your criteria You can map an area you are interested in searching The report writing has some decent functionality You can email prospects about your listing,They are trying to force you to use costar, so now they added 3 extra steps for you to run a report. They say running avails surveys is like RESEARCHING DATA, which falls under Co-Star. They raised rates 40% recently, with no improvement. The actually reduced functionality and efficiency. They hide alot of listings that are on CoSTar. They used to do SEO stuff for your listing, so when you type in the property address on Google your listing would show up. Now they hide, suppress your listing. I can't find my listings using GOOGLE. You are paying for exposure to potential clients/tenants/buyers, but you don't actually get that exposure until you pay extra. Ever since COSTar took over loopnet it has been a continual downhill experience.,3,I can reach tenants, who email me loopnet inquiries on my listings.,LoopNet is the necessary evil taking over the worldWe currently use LoopNet as a form of publishing our properties on the internet. LoopNet is the internet marketing link between our listings and the public. Since LoopNet has recently been combined in some sort of fashion with CoStar, it works very well hand in hand. Every broker (~45) in our offices publishes listings on LoopNet. Some do it personally while most have our administrative staff handle the input of data and publishing.,Ultimately LoopNet is a listing service for brokers and a research service for the public. It shows up first on almost every Google search related to commercial property leasing or sales. This is its largest value. LoopNet does a very good job of being known. Most members of the public seem to be familiar with LoopNet and many people looking for space or to buy a building will search LoopNet. LoopNet has the most accurate data of any commercial MLS. It cannot be completely trusted, but it is definitely better than its competitors.,LoopNet needs to do a better job of sifting through to delete old and stale listings. These listings are inaccurate and clutter a report to lower its credibility. I am not a fan of the reporting. As a broker, I can make sense of the reports but the public is not always as savvy.,7,We pay the CoStar group (including LoopNet) a lot of money. I pay a per month listing fee to have my listings show up higher on their search list. This has seemed to pay off very well. LoopNet has allowed me to gain access to a market of companies that are not local or do not have a physical address. These companies would have previously been off of my radar, but with LoopNet, some of them have reached out looking for space and I have grown my business this way.,CoStar Real Estate Manager,Insightly, Airtable, CoStar Real Estate Manager, QuickBooks Self-Employed, EvernoteLoopNet is a Good Tool for the ArsenalI use LoopNet daily for marketing and searching for investment properties. It is a good tool to gather information for my day to day business.,LoopNet provides easily printable reports for my clients. LoopNet clearly markets my listings. LoopNet provides a fairly detailed representation of on the market properties.,There are often glitches on the sight from the searching to report pulling process The alert function for saved searches is very rarely functional The database search is often glitchy if you put in a high price limit, and no low price limit,7,LoopNet has been fairly neutral since the merge with COSTAR,
LoopNet

LoopNet Reviews

LoopNet
Filter 3 vetted LoopNet reviews and ratings
Jamie Kim profile photo
August 11, 2018

Review: "The Pros and Cons of LOOPNET (really you are dealing w CoStar)"

I used LoopNet pretty much on a daily basis.
- For my listings, to do email marketing to prospects
  • Immediate alerts can be set up for new listings that meet your criteria
  • You can map an area you are interested in searching
  • The report writing has some decent functionality
  • You can email prospects about your listing
  • They are trying to force you to use costar, so now they added 3 extra steps for you to run a report. They say running avails surveys is like RESEARCHING DATA, which falls under Co-Star.
  • They raised rates 40% recently, with no improvement. The actually reduced functionality and efficiency.
  • They hide alot of listings that are on CoSTar.
  • They used to do SEO stuff for your listing, so when you type in the property address on Google your listing would show up. Now they hide, suppress your listing. I can't find my listings using GOOGLE. You are paying for exposure to potential clients/tenants/buyers, but you don't actually get that exposure until you pay extra.
  • Ever since COSTar took over loopnet it has been a continual downhill experience.
CoSTar sues all competitors and run them out of business. This is kind of the only goto stop for reaching the public, when they have no real estate broker representing them.
Read Jamie Kim's full review
Scott Patterson profile photo
August 10, 2018

Review: "LoopNet is the necessary evil taking over the world"

We currently use LoopNet as a form of publishing our properties on the internet. LoopNet is the internet marketing link between our listings and the public. Since LoopNet has recently been combined in some sort of fashion with COSTAR, it works very well hand in hand. Every broker (~45) in our offices publishes listings on LoopNet. Some do it personally while most have our administrative staff handle the input of data and publishing.
  • Ultimately LoopNet is a listing service for brokers and a research service for the public. It shows up first on almost every Google search related to commercial property leasing or sales. This is its largest value.
  • LoopNet does a very good job of being known. Most members of the public seem to be familiar with LoopNet and many people looking for space or to buy a building will search LoopNet.
  • LoopNet has the most accurate data of any commercial MLS. It cannot be completely trusted, but it is definitely better than its competitors.
  • LoopNet needs to do a better job of sifting through to delete old and stale listings. These listings are inaccurate and clutter a report to lower its credibility.
  • I am not a fan of the reporting. As a broker, I can make sense of the reports but the public is not always as savvy.
I would reluctantly recommend LoopNet to a colleague. It is sort of the current gold standard for a commercial real estate public-facing MLS. Because of this we either use it or miss out on access to the user base. It's kind of a funny question... if I asked you "On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to recommend Facebook if asked by a colleague?" you would probably say... "Well I don't necessarily recommend it... but you kind of just have to have it."
Read Scott Patterson's full review
Corey Sandberg profile photo
August 23, 2018

User Review: "LoopNet is a Good Tool for the Arsenal"

• LoopNet provides easily printable reports for my clients.
  • LoopNet clearly markets my listings.
  • LoopNet provides a fairly detailed representation of on the market properties.
  • There are often glitches on the sight from the searching to report pulling process
  • The alert function for saved searches is very rarely functional
  • The database search is often glitchy if you put in a high price limit, and no low price limit
LoopNet is a great base for searching current listings. It is suited for brokerage, development, and investment-related property activities. It is less appropriate for the pulling of comparable sales and historical data.
Read Corey Sandberg's full review