Mailchimp Reviews

Kristi R-C, CTS, CQT | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 20, 2020

The chimp is a champ not a chump!

Alternatives Considered

We picked Mailchimp because of other folks in similar positions for our "competitors" and it turned out to be a good choice for us also. Since we have not used any other kind of mail delivery service, I can't say how it compares but I suspect it would be favorable against any others.
Read Kristi R-C, CTS, CQT's full review
August 10, 2020

Management of contact list for profit gain, something I didn't use to do

Alternatives Considered

I selected Mailchimp because it has a free version to test the tool until you buy it and because I received good feedback from my marketing colleagues. I confirmed this when I tried another tool, and preferred to try Mailchimp because is seems easier to administrate it.
Alfred Brock | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

Mailchimp to the Rescue

Alternatives Considered

We have found that Mailchimp is more robust and simpler to use than SparkPost, ActiveCampaign and AWeber.
We looked at those systems but Mailchimp bundled everything we needed for our work in a recognizable and efficient system. Mailchimp is easier to train, easier to operate and more recognizable by our audience than the other offerings.
Read Alfred Brock's full review
Valie Robbins | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

MailChimp -- a great product that allows businesses of all markets compete!

Alternatives Considered

We looked at Constant Contact, but heard more positive feedback from other businesses regarding their overall experience with MailChimp. Many of them started with Constant Contact and then switched to MailChimp. Very impressed with MailChimp's overall functionality, ease of use, reporting statistics. Most important - client's were happy with the turnkey approach we could provide.
Read Valie Robbins's full review
Megan Russell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 15, 2020

MailChimp is perfect for nonprofits and small businesses.

Alternatives Considered

I use Campaign Monitor for our software company. I did not get to make the buying decision on that, but we use a very advanced version of their software. I use a very basic level of MailChimp. But based on the features available to me in the basic MailChimp option, It stands up just as well as Campaign Monitor. I have not noticed a single thing that I can't do in MailChimp that I can do in Campaign Monitor. I was actually very thoroughly impressed that going from one software to the next I didn't feel like I had my hands tied because MailChimp didn't offer a certain feature. It's very reassuring that if I have to upgrade down the road that It would still be a great decision to stick with MailChimp for my small business.
Read Megan Russell's full review
Vicki Lesage | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

MailChimp is easy to use and affordable -- you'll be up and running in no time!

Alternatives Considered

I've used other email marketing platforms in the past:
- Campaign Monitor is good and I like their list features better than MailChimp, but I find MailChimp easier to use and less expensive (though Campaign Monitor is still very affordable).
- Emma has excellent customer service and also has a nice user interface. They're very comparable to MailChimp in many ways except again, MailChimp is less expensive. However, Emma is very reasonably priced and could be the right fit for slightly larger companies or those who are looking for that extra level of support.
Read Vicki Lesage's full review
Mike Muller | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

Mailchimp is one of the most affordable and powerful email marketing platforms out there.

Alternatives Considered

Mailchimp is the most affordable, easiest to use and also one of the more powerful platforms. In our experience, Mailchimp is the platform that has provided the best experience for our customers so that they will stick with email marketing and not abandon it because it's too hard or takes tool long to build emails.
Read Mike Muller's full review
Jason Carlage | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 08, 2020

Send mass emails with ease with Mailchimp

Alternatives Considered

We used Constant Contact for about a year and we liked it, but Mailchimp was simply easier for us to use, and we liked the formatting options for email campaigns and the templates available in Mailchimp. We also have found Mailchimp to be a little cheaper for us to use on a monthly basis.
Read Jason Carlage's full review
Ron Rothstain | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 07, 2020

Professional and easy way to send to the masses!

Alternatives Considered

Mailchimp is much better. It's a perfect combination of a boutique platform and a legacy system like Constant Contact. They have a stellar free-level package (up to 2,000 addresses) that makes them a no-brainer go-to for any organization or department. Also, their customer support team, as far as I'm concerned, is one of the best teams I have dealt with on the corporate level because of how responsive they are to any issues an user may have.
Read Ron Rothstain's full review
Maria Clara Daly | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 07, 2020

Great email platform for communications, testing and segmentation

Alternatives Considered

The automation features in Mailchimp vastly outrank any other mail service I've tried so far, and seeing as we often try and teach our clients how to utilize it, I also really appreciate their deep and constantly updated tutorials and documentation. Whenever I've had an issue or problem their support staff, whether over chat or phone have been really helpful and invested in helping solve the issue.
Read Maria Clara Daly's full review
Barbara Hinkle | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 20, 2020

Perfect for increasing traffic!

Alternatives Considered

It was decided to use Mailchimp because Adobe Marketing did not meet the expectations it needed due to the fact that it was not possible to improve traffic, it did not reach the necessary number of clients, that is why we made the change for Mailchimp.
Read Barbara Hinkle's full review
Fredrick Doss, M.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 05, 2019

Affordable Email Marketing for Small & Growing Businesses

Alternatives Considered

The interface alone is more user-friendly than Constant Contact, and the pricing structure, while expensive at the higher levels is substantially cheaper than Constant Contact. The free service for MailChimp would cost us $50 a month if we used Constant Contact. Mailchimp also offers more storage for files and images on its service compared to Constant Contact. Constant Contact limits you to 1GB and we are well over that with Mailchimp.
Read Fredrick Doss, M.A.'s full review
Brendon Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

Mailchimp revolutionized email marketing, but will it keep the throne?

Alternatives Considered

I'll be choosing Klaviyo for the deep eCommerce interaction and product integrations, great reporting, and comparable pricing model. Mailchimp is in my experience more versatile and developed than Zoho, Constant Contact, or HubSpot offerings--more modern and more mobile-friendly on the whole.
Read Brendon Brown's full review
Manan Vora | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

Great list builder for individual and small team entrepreneurs

Alternatives Considered

We've tried a few other emailing systems but none of them are as simple as Mailchimp. For most, the pricing is very steep, for some it was the ease of set-up and regular sending of campaigns and for some, it was the integration with other tools that made us skip those and opt for Mailchimp.
Read Manan Vora's full review
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Mailchimp is the best for small business newsletters

Alternatives Considered

I really haven't tried any others...I started out with Mailchimp and it's been so easy to use and met all my needs. I wouldn't have a need to go with any others unless/until my list grows much larger. I might consider it then. Emma is one I've heard about that I might look at.
Read Michelle Messenger Garrett's full review
Lokesh Meena | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 20, 2020

Bulk email giant - Mailchimp

Alternatives Considered

Considering the pros and cons of Mailchimp. We initially began with Mailchimp. Later on, when our organisation grew and Mailchimp started burning our pockets with their pricing plans as well as delivering the mails directly to spam or promotions tab, we started email campaigning with AWS SES. They have nice custom pricing structure and we are able to do full customization according to our needs.
Read Lokesh Meena's full review
Renea Hanks | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Mailchimp Is Much More Than an Email Campaign Tool!

1. Better reporting
  2. Mailchimp is the Integration King- 781 to be exact!!!
  3. Pricing
  4. Freebie is the best-2K contacts with up to 10K emails per month so that is basically 5 emails a month, per contact. That is the perfect amount because you do not want to email your subscribers until they are sick of hearing from you!
Read Renea Hanks's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (209)
Dynamic content (204)
Ability to test dynamic content (197)
Landing pages (150)
A/B testing (172)
Mobile optimization (209)
Email deliverability reporting (448)
List management (224)
Triggered drip sequences (147)
Lead nurturing (2)
Lead scoring and grading (1)
Data quality management (1)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Calendaring (1)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
Social sharing and campaigns (2)
10.0
Social profile integration (1)
Dashboards (62)
Standard reports (222)
Custom reports (40)
API (2)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (2)
6.4
Integration with Salesforce.com (2)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (2)
Integration with SugarCRM (2)

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp Features

Email & Online Marketing Features

Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages