Great customer engagement tool

June 11, 2022
Reaching out to more and more customers and users was a constant challenge for us and luckily with the introduction of Mailchimp, we were …

An Easy to Use Email Platform

June 02, 2022
We use Mailchimp for both internal and external email communications. Internally, we use it to share company news, surveys, in-house …

Email deliverability reporting (619)

WYSIWYG email editor (383)

Standard reports (397)

List management (402)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Mailchimp, and make your voice heard!

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $10 per month

10.0

Reporting & Analytics

Platform & Infrastructure

What is Mailchimp?

Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp Features

• Supported: Triggered drip sequences

Reporting & Analytics Features

• Supported: Standard reports

Mailchimp Screenshots

Mailchimp Reports - See open rates, click rates, unsubscribes, and even compare your results to industry averages right in the Mailchimp reporting interface.Mailchimp Mobile - Stay on top of your email campaign activity and effectiveness with Mailchimp's mobile reports.Create an email, ad, or landing page to reach the right people at the right time. Target customers based on behavior, preferences, and previous sales. Get in-depth reporting insights to make every touchpoint with your customer better than the last.MailChimp integrates with all the major e-commerce providers so you can use your purchase data to send personalized campaigns and better understand how your marketing affects your bottom line.MailChimp offers advanced reporting features you can access anywhere. Monitor sales and website activity with revenue reports, and inform your email content with purchase data using Google Analytics.The MailChimp mobile application gives you the power to create and send campaigns, manage subscribers, keep tabs on your account activity, and more.

Mailchimp Video

To help you decide if MailChimp is right for your organization, we've synthesized thousands of reviews on TrustRadius to determine the top strengths and limitations of MailChimp. We also go over what use cases it is best for, and when you should consider other options.

Mailchimp Integrations

Mailchimp Competitors

Mailchimp Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

What is Mailchimp?

MailChimp is an SMB-oriented email platform. A free account is offered with a 500 subscriber limit and with a limit of 3000 sends. There are various pricing models above 500 subscribers.

How much does Mailchimp cost?

Mailchimp starts at $10.

What are Mailchimp's top competitors?

JangoMail, Mailigen, and Emma are common alternatives for Mailchimp.

What is Mailchimp's best feature?

Reviewers rate Email deliverability reporting highest, with a score of 8.5.

Who uses Mailchimp?

The most common users of Mailchimp are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform that has redefined the way we integrate with third-party softwares. Lead generation has become automatic by directly integrating with Mailchimp. I am able to load contacts very easily inside Mailchimp. Mailchimp's email deliverability rate is very high which makes all my emails land in the inbox rather than the spam folder.
We managed to consolidate multiple activities within one tool after implementing Mailchimp. Before that, we were using different tools/databases to gather newsletter signups, keeping the database of users and managing the marketing consents (that are necessary to decide which users can receive marketing messages). It was one more tool used by use back then for sending out newsletters.
Ashiqur Rahman Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Yes, it has helped me manage my marketing efforts more effectively. My website has a Mailchimp newsletter pop-up and landing page. MailChimp is an all-in-one platform that integrates other software solutions.
Definitely, our organization has benefited greatly by integrating Mailchimp with several other online marketing functions. Uploading all of our customer contacts into Mailchimp is pretty easy and straightforward and consumes less amount of time and effort. Also, with the great analytics, it is easy to understand our customers better and give them exactly what they require.
Mailchimp has a slew of integrations that we took advantage of. From Creative and Data management to Reporting, Mailchimp made it easy for multiple teams to collaborate and not be so silo'd! Design we integrated Canva to create our beautiful graphics and layout. LinkedIn and Facebook allowed us to gain quick turnaround with Social leads and Lead Generations with signup forms. Both very helpful and intuitive and easy to implement.
Ashlie Pappas | TrustRadius Reviewer
They are trying to do too much here when they need to focus on building out their email autoresponder abilities and user interface.
When I think of autoresponders, Mailchimp comes to mind immediately.
When I think of shopping carts, e-commerce, graphic design, web hosting, landing pages, etc - Mailchimp isn't a blip on the radar. It's very rare you find a software that has truly mastered being a "jack of all trades," and Mailchimp isn't one of them.
Campaign and email marketing for Shopify or WordPress websites are handled by Mailchimp. Providing services like e-mail templates, custom templates, forms, and landing pages, is ideal for online marketing. To promote a firm with minimal human work and minimal technological know-how, these services can be quite beneficial.
For my current roles, Mailchimp has benefited me by testing different audience groups. This allowed me to create different email content for each one and find different insights based on Mailchimp reporting data. Since I’m currently working in a B2B I’m able to find and remarket different users based on events recorded by Mailchimp.
We created an integration between Pipefy, which we use for our new sales deals, and Mailchimp, which we use for our newsletters. Once a new contact come through our Pipefy Sales Pipe, it automatically creates a new subscriber to our newsletter. This makes it extremely easy to keep our contact list updated, and also makes it so we don't forget to add anyone new to the list. This automation has been a lifesaver.
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it for my email newsletter. I haven't tried the other things it can do. I might consider trying it for those things. It's free for what my business is currently using it for. I don't know the costs to add/try other features. I may look into that as I continue to grow my list and perhaps experiment with more email campaigns.
Farhan Ahmad | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Mailchimp for campaign and email marketing for clients' Shopify/WordPress websites. It is best for online marketing by providing functions such as e-mail templates, custom templates, forms, and landing pages. These functions are very useful for promoting a business in very less human effort and without having much technical knowledge.
Chhaya Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
We cannot call MailChimp an All-in-one marketing tool. It does not support other channels like push notifications, WhatsApp, and SMS. Reporting and Analytics are very basic. Mailchimp really had to work hard bringing these features onboard.
Oyo Examol | TrustRadius Reviewer
MailChimp supports third-party tool integration. We had integrated BeePro for creating HTML email templates and NeverBounce with Mailchimp to validate email addresses regularly. This integration saves a lot of time. We don't need to download the HTML code and paste it to Mailchimp. With integration, we can do all this in just a few clicks.
Chad Wagner | TrustRadius Reviewer
I primarily use Mailchimp to build lists, create marketing, sales, or drip emails and send them to customers. There are a lot of features Mailchimp offers that I don't use and therefore I can't honestly speak on these other features. With the features I have used, our company has benefited by having a tool we can create and send marketing and sales emails to our customer base with.
I agree with the all-in-one platform. My business has been able to get new leads to add to my email lists from my website opt-in and from my Calendly appointments. I've done landing pages for courses and events with Mailchimp which was convenient. Also, I've got some automation after people have opted in with emails dripping every 2 days with valuable content.
Samantha Huskey | TrustRadius Reviewer
Having Mailchimp be our main marketing platform for our email campaigns has streamlined so much work for our team. The ability to create templates, host lists, set up triggers to send automated emails, and also get insightful data on the audience and how they interact with each email offers such incredible information.