We create cultural communications campaigns based on the strategy opted for by our clients. Such typically includes digital, print, and …
We utilize Mailchimp to send quarterly email newsletters, company updates, and create landing pages for our campaigns. Mailchimp has …
We generally use Mailchimp to provide basic information to all our clients via email. Since Gmail has a low deliverability rate, we opted …
It is a useful email marketing tool that provides the best features for all types of businesses. It is easy to use and best for beginners. …
I acted as a growth consultant for a small business that offers entertainment magic shows for young children. Our target audience was the …
Mailchimp is the sole email marketing tool we use in my office for mass emailing (newsletters) purposes. To an extent, we also use it for …
We had a very, very non-user friendly e-mail list that we used to promote sales and events to our customers, and after a series of events …
We have been using Mailchimp for over 3 years now and our main purpose with Mailchimp is to send out e-mail campaigns to all our …
We used Mailchimp in our organization for sending a communication to a network of program dealers. Each quarter we needed to highlight new …
I use MailChimp with my clients to send out email campaigns, capture leads and segment their database. We've used Automations and Journeys …
Mailchimp is the most advanced Email marketing software I have ever used. Sales and Marketing departments use this software for their …
Mailchimp is used across my organisation for both myself and my clients. This platform allows us to create email sequences for businesses …
Our agency uses Mailchimp primarily on behalf of clients as a way to maintain contact with their customer email lists, whether that means …
I work for a small company and am basically the marketing department. I consult with others as well but basically run the department. We …
We use Mailchimp to communicate with current and future HOA residents.
Email deliverability reporting (594)
WYSIWYG email editor (358)
Standard reports (372)
List management (377)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $10 per month
Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.
- Supported: WYSIWYG email editor
- Supported: Dynamic content
- Supported: Ability to test dynamic content
- Supported: Landing pages
- Supported: A/B testing
- Supported: Mobile optimization
- Supported: Email deliverability reporting
- Supported: List management
- Supported: Triggered drip sequences
- Supported: Standard reports
To help you decide if MailChimp is right for your organization, we've synthesized thousands of reviews on TrustRadius to determine the top strengths and limitations of MailChimp. We also go over what use cases it is best for, and when you should consider other options.
- Google Analytics
- Ambassador Referral Marketing Platform (discontinued)
- Pipeliner CRM
- Provide Support Live Chat
- Planyo Online Booking System
- Deal Maker
- Mautic (open source)
- RealtyJuggler Real Estate Software
- Teamgate CRM
- Miva Merchant
- Devart Excel Add-ins
- Zyprr Inc
- Musqot Marketing Planner
- Zoho Forms
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (formerly Rapportive)
- Aurea List Manager (formerly Lyris LM)
- 123FormBuilder (formerly 123ContactForm)
- JRNI (formerly BookingBug)
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
Frequently Asked Questions
MailChimp is an SMB-oriented email platform. A free account is offered with a 500 subscriber limit and with a limit of 3000 sends. There are various pricing models above 500 subscribers.
Mailchimp starts at $10.
Reviewers rate Email deliverability reporting highest, with a score of 8.7.
The most common users of Mailchimp are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Offers a reasonable amount of start-up templates
- Drag & Drop features are simple and appealing
- Allows color customization
- Has a considerable API catalog
- Easier "connected funnels"
- Offer free/essentials plan for training team members with several seats
- Move "go" buttons around so that they head on the dashboard and not in the footer
- Add diagram "logic" to pages while creating campaigns
- Mailchimp is extremely user-friendly.
- Mailchimp provides clean templates for newsletters.
- Mailchimp makes it easy to import new contacts.
- In Mailchimp, you cannot integrate video to play within your newsletter.
- With the free version, you are only allowed to create a certain number of lists for your contacts, which should be changed considering your contact limits.
- A/B testing email campaigns
- Email scheduler
- In-depth reports
- Email open notifications
- Regular updates
- Creating email templates according to your business requirements.
- Track website visitors' activity and give analysis on the dashboard to understand users easily.
- Sending bulk emails without any error in a moment.
- Free plan for beginners with various features.
- With free version it should provide email scheduling facilities with support team.
- It doesn't notify to attach files while I am sending such emails without attaching files.
- All the processes are little lengthy for new users.
- Super easy integration to Pipedrive via Zapier, and I'm guessing it integrates seamlessly with hundreds of other CRMs.
- Intuitive UI when designing the email templates, you don't have to be a designer to use the templates that Mailchimp provides (although using a graphic designer to create newsletters etc. is always a good idea IMO...)
- Simple functionality when it comes to creating an email marketing funnel - no redundant complications that make your life harder when building the funnel
- Hebrew support and RTL functionality [need] improvement. The system isn't 100% friendly to RTL emails.
- Customer segmentation
- Email campaign A/B testing
- Integration with 3rd party business tools such as Slack, Google Analytics
- Analytical insights can be better
- The ability to schedule out when emails go out to your audience.
- The ability to make a simple email look professional and legitimate.
- The various templates that are provided can help you put together an email in minutes!
- Learning how to import contacts can be a little confusing at first.
- I wish there were a few more options for which plan to sign up for to fit our audience size.
- The audience dashboard could be a little clearer.
- Creating new email templates is very easy with Mailchimp.
- Maintaining the user lists is quite centralized.
- Reports are very detailed and help us get better insights.
- The scheduling feature is very useful to send campaigns to other countries.
- The email template edit screen could be better as it keeps in saving automatically.
- Sometimes while logging in it asks for OTP and the OTP doesn't come quickly.
- Different campaign formats like a/b testing emails, social media emails, etc could be improved.
- population management
- simple email design
- inexpensive solution
- reoccurring campaigns
- spam filtering
- Lead forms and Landing Pages are easy to create and manage
- It's possible to customize the email templates within the HTML for a truly custom experience, if wanted.
- The option to use journeys, which is available in most of the larger email platforms like HubSpot or Salesforce Marketing Cloud, is really handy, and much more affordable than using some of the larger platforms.
- It easily integrates with most other major digital tools.
- List segmentation is a total pain. The need to use a Master List and then assign tags isn't clear to new users
- It's not clear when to use an old Automation versus a new Journey
- The difference between Groups and Segments is not clear. The documentation should be updated to state that a Segment is a sub-set of the contact database that's based on subscriber actions. Where Groups are options you can set up in your Audience settings that can be based on any criteria, and on signup forms, subscribers will also be able to see the available groups.
- Sometimes it's really hard to find settings. The layout of settings and options includes nested menus that vary between a left-side vertical rail, and then tabs, and the naming of the settings is pretty different compared to what things are called in most other platforms. That makes it hard to find things.
- It's also frustrating that all emails need to be saved as templates if a user wants to use the email in multiple places. Sometimes emails are for specific campaigns, and those campaigns might include a blast and a drip option, but in order to use the email in two different streams, it has to be saved as a template, which also makes it more cumbersome to update during the campaign setup process.
- Its user interface is extremely easy to understand. Any naive user can also operate it.
- Its Drag and drop feature makes the email editing very easy. Users can create very informative and well decorative emails.
- It also allows users to add social accounts in the email campaigns.
- Its deliverability is 100% accurate.
- Reporting of the campaigns is very comprehensive. It provides every details of the actions taken by the recipients.
- It provides scheduling feature also. With the help of this feature I can schedule my email campaigns.
- Initially I found some problem in signing in. They asked me to log in with OTP and I never got the OTP on my email ID. But this issue rectified with time.
- They should add WhatsApp marketing feature also. Nowadays companies are using WhatsApp marketing very extensively.
- Mailchimp allows you to personally target each subscriber in a mass sent email - with merge tags that import key pieces of information. An email of this is the ability to display First and last name, address, etc.
- This platform stores multiple lists of contacts in one tab. This is particularly useful for those running different campaigns and offers.
- The campaign set up is extremely simple to navigate. The templates are fully customisable, whilst being easy to use, with a drag and drop service.
- Mailchimp could accommodate for more spacing options - allowing you to edit templates to look more organic, at present, you’re only able to stack elements rather than editing the spacing between them.
- I would like to see more campaign options, for example - if someone does x, y happens. This is a non existent feature for the plan that I am currently on.
- It would be fantastic to have more customisable elements. This could include more dividers, photo displays (different shapes, aspect ratios, etc).
- Intuitive design user-interface - very short learning curve
- Easy to upload email lists and segment by attributes
- Offers metrics regarding email performance
- Could give more autonomy over design of email
- The same customer email address across multiple lists counts multiple times--potentially upping your monthly subscription fees
- Doesn't distribute emails to multiple lists at same time
- Extremely customizable
- Extreme ROI
- Customer service could be a bit better
- Could be a better customer tracker
- Could allow for sending out to more people
- It is very easy to import subscriber / contact information
- There are a variety of templates and the option to import your own
- Overall ease of use
- Some of our recipients report unintentionally unsubscribing - it would be helpful to offer a proactive report to admin so that they can verify with subscribers
- We consistently experience challenges with formatting text in the editor and have to send/resend test messages to ensure that formatting appears correctly in the message received by subscribers. We are not sure if this is related to use of copy paste. It would be helpful to be able to set a theme and have all edits and additions of content format to match the theme.
- Gmail users report being unable to find our messages in their main inbox. It would be helpful to be able to provide gmail users with directions to mark messages from us as desired so that they appear in the inbox.
- Target user segmentation.
- A/B Testing.
- Campaign metric and analytics reports.
- Response time from Mailchimp support, can be faster.
- Inability to do much, with the Mailchimp smartphone application.
- Retargeting ads
- Easy to use
- Insights and analytics
- Real time customer support
- Focus on building more attractive responsive templates
- Analytics need to be optimized
- Email designer
- Email address storage
- Email designer
- Tons of integrations
- User-friendly email builder
- Would love to see a visual automation builder
- Need the ability for users on a current list to have updated tags without creating a new list when sending via zapier or WordPress
- Beautifully designed email templates
- Tips for our success
- Sometimes emails can end up in spam.
- A huge variety of ready templates for us to use (plug and play).
- Easy platform to use (Good UI & UX).
- Good customer service support with online chat available.
- Very affordable pricing.
- Ability to update our database for bounced emails.
- Automate or recommend campaign template based on what we intend to achieve.
- A conversational email with a chatbot to help us to move the prospect down the pipeline.
- Save email templates you’ve created
- Keep contact emails / groups
- Make automated email sending easy
- Provide suggestions for different email needs
- Functionality of adding and moving items to an email can be difficult
- Ability to upload personal fonts
- Saving the template / email easier
- Bulk invites.
- Importing contacts.
- Handling bulk activities.
- Creating invite.
- User Interface.
- Creating repeating events.
- Automatic emails.
- Great templates.
- Schedule email campaigns.
- Manage our lists.
- Import lists.
- Organizing campaigns.
- Email newsletters
- Email management
- Subscription management
- Contacts management
- Landing page development
- Leads generation
- Increasing contacts quantity in the free version.
- Decreasing cost for all plans