Mailjet Reviews

October 20, 2020
Ramón Carmona Medina | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company is an on-demand bus app for commuters, like Uber for buses in Mexico City. We have around 160k registered users and 30k active users. Before, we were using other mailing tools that are based on users rather than number of mails. So we had to look for solutions based on number of emails, in order to save. We decided on Mailjet because they have the lowest price per mail. Mailjet has everything you need for email campaigns. They have an editor that works just fine and lets you build nice templates. The campaign builder is pretty straightforward and it has an automation tool that, when combined with Zapier or other automation products, can give you the same results as if you were using active campaign. In Bussi, we use Mailjet at all levels--we send mails for innactive and active users, announcements for new available routes, marketing emails, etc. For automation purposes, Mailjet is used for welcome campaigns and first steps, also for invoice sending and payment rejected emails.
  • Best price per mail in the market.
  • Pretty nice and straightforward UX and design.
  • It has automation features that combine with other tools to take Mailjet to the next level.
  • Mail editor might hang down and if you don't save you might lose your work. This has happened 2 months ago until now. I hope Mailjet reads this review so they can fix it.
  • If you send a campaign there is not feature for resending to users who didn't open the mail. This feature exists in other software, such as ActiveCampaign, where you just change the subject and resend the campaign.
  • It has transactional SMS through API but is hard to use. It would be nice to have an all-in-one solution for SMS & Mail.
I definitely recommend Mailjet. I think it is suitable for most companies who have to send tons of emails and their user database might grow quickly. Other tools as Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, etc. are thought of as all-in-one solutions to automate business for digital products such as affiliation, info products, etc. and are good. But definitely for high volume, Mailjet is my option. The following are some scenarios where you can use Mailjet:
-You can use general campaigns for inactive, active, and engaged users.
-Welcome automated emails for new users (usual automation of 3 to 5 mails with a separation of 3 days).
-Retention automated emails (users buy once, an email is sent encouraging to complete 5, then 7 then 15 purchases in exchange for prices).
-Custom invoices for payment gateways as stripe 2 checkout, Adyen, etc.
-Payment rejected automation campaigns (if credit card is rejected, an email is sent to notify the users to check its card status).
Read Ramón Carmona Medina's full review
June 29, 2020
Ronnie Rask | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailjet was our email marketing platform. We needed to step up to reach our very large email list. We used it to market our music related events. We were in need of reaching a growing audience and needed a low price alternative. This was only used by the marketing department. It allowed us to reach out to a much larger audience at a decent price compared to other email marketing programs.
  • Low price email alternative.
  • Easy list importing.
  • Nice templates for emails.
  • Customer service is not excellent.
  • My email list's integrity was in question. They repeatedly turned off our service questioning my results.
  • Multiple times I went to use the service in need of sending out an email and our service was not working.
Mailjet was not dependable. My events have specific dates and when I'm unable to use the service to market to those, I miss opportunities. I would have preferred it to just work. This happened way too often. Also for them to question the integrity of my email list seemed out of place. No other email marketing program has given us issues. Just Mailjet.
Read Ronnie Rask's full review
June 12, 2020
Stephen Hamilton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Mailjet as the primary SMTP service for all of our transactional and marketing emails. It is mainly managed within marketing but touches all areas of the business, including customer service and production. It allows us to send email reliably, and with good deliverability. Mailjet gives us excellent visibility on areas that may be current or future problems with deliverability. This insight is very useful.
  • Ease of use
  • Good customer support
  • Useful data available
  • Provides good advice
  • Email validation
This is a great product for a business of any size wanting to be able to send email in a reliable way without having to invest heavily in infrastructure to do it yourself. It does require some technical knowledge to set up and maintain, but it isn't a very high bar, and the support is excellent and responsive.
Read Stephen Hamilton's full review
Pashminu Mansukhani | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using it Mailjet for direct marketing of our services of photography and video production to our own clients and prospective clients. With the Bronze package, we have the flexibility to send a number of emails. The best part is the pricing and templates along with reporting of each and every campaign.
  • Importing of database
  • Pricing
  • Templates
  • Designing emailers
  • More templates
  • Segmented emailers
  • Better filtering of database
The pricing is one of the key factors in choosing Mailjet. The user interface also is easy to use and very user-friendly. With various options for the templates and the facility to add our own HTML code, it makes life much easier for even non-technical people like us.
Read Pashminu Mansukhani's full review
Jen Lyles | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Mailjet to send out Marketing Emails to our client base. We also use it to send out our Weekly Newsletters. It assists us in staying top of mind with our client base. It is being used across our entire organization.
  • Mailjet is good at "links", it's really easy to link your content and photos to outside links.
  • Mailjet is good at getting emails out in a timely fashion.
  • Mailjet is really cost-effective compared to their competitors for what all you get.
  • Mailjet Client Email Management leaves A LOT to be desired. It's never easy to add people to the email list.
  • Mailjet gets "glitchy" from time to time. Random stuff just stops working. Like last week, I couldn't copy and paste information. This week it works fine.
  • The "sign up" app also needs improvement.
Mailjet is well suited if you want to get your content out to a lot of different email addresses, but you don't want to pay an arm and a leg. Mailjet is the BEST. If you need to do "system emails" it's pretty solid there too.
Read Jen Lyles's full review
August 03, 2020
We use their service for newsletter sending. Our aim is to send emails and convert more customers. We send them like several thousands emails per month.
  • Relatively cheap price.
  • Intuitive dashboard.
  • Clear working process.
  • No support.
  • Not reading tickets.
  • Poor attitude.
  • Poor documentation.
I raised a ticket. It’s been four days and they won’t reply. So I raised another ticket asking why they are not replying. The issue was quite urgent. Then in a very short time, I saw the ticket was closed. So they have time to close my ticket, but they don’t have time or they don’t want to reply to a ticket. Very interesting.

Their attitude of doing nothing is the worst and the rudest I’ve ever seen in my years of working with several email service companies. And I see that they blame this on the pandemic. But many other good companies, they are not doing this. Your problem is your problem, don’t try to blame someone else.

So, please DO NOT buy it, consider others.
June 07, 2020
Mailjet is being used by a client as part of their website email marketing. We collect leads through a variety of contact forms and then provide a variety of information, promotions, and event invitations to these lists via the Mailjet HTML emails.
  • Collect contact leads and segment them to different lists.
  • Integrates very well with WordPress, the client's CMS system.
  • Ability to design a variety of subscription forms as well as full HTML control, if desired.
  • Inability to remove contacts from main list.
  • Email template builder is quirky and often displays incorrectly in Outlook.
Mailjet is well-suited to end-users that don't have a ton of experience with email marketing, as it's possible to build decent looking subscription forms, build solid lists, and send decent looking emails. The automation module is fairly complex, but having used a variety of different marketing automation programs, it's not really any more difficult than others. With any marketing automation campaign, you have to first know what you're doing and have a well-thought-out plan for email workflow, triggers, and timing of your sends.

You also cannot beat the value. It's by far one of the most affordable, full-featured options and you get a lot of bang for the buck. The client that uses it was previously using AWeber and Mailjet is way more affordable and offers a similar range of features. Plus, Mailjet's tech support is much better than AWeber's.
June 05, 2020
We use Mailjet to reach out to thousands of contacts we have made within our industry. It is mainly used as a newsletter and to invite companies to meet with us at trade shows. In some cases, it is used for recruiting new partners as well. It helps us to reach a large audience with ease.
  • It is easy to create templates.
  • It is easy to create new campaigns.
  • I like how simple it is to schedule my emails for a later date.
  • Very simple to plug-in pictures, graphics, links, etc.
  • More fonts to choose from
  • Easier contact search options
For my business, I have not come across a scenario where Mailjet was not a good fit for my needs. My email campaigns are pretty simple and straightforward. Mailjet is easy to work with and creates great-looking correspondence. Mailjet is a perfect fit for email needs.
January 18, 2020
Matthew Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Both marketing and customer success use Mailjet. Marketing for outreach to various mailing list subscribers and customer success for notifications and updates to our existing partners. We're on an enterprise plan as we send >1,000,000 emails annually but it's necessary to have a strong mail provider in order to send at this volume. Our success rep at Mailjet, Kyle, helps us with deliverability issues, list health, etc. Email is very key to our business growth and revenue.
  • Sending mail.
  • Deliverability.
  • List management.
  • List health automation.
Mailjet is great for mail at scale, past where you might be using Gmail or Mailchimp. We send hundreds of thousands of emails per month and managing those lists, emails, tracking opens, clicks, etc. is unruly without a robust tool. This could be overkill for smaller companies (we started using them when we were sending smaller volumes and it got expensive quickly for not much more benefit than cheaper tools).
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
May 02, 2019
Mailjet helps our organization create stylish, responsive marketing emails that help promote our events, send out newsletters and create a call to action. It is used to send emails to the entire staff of the organization at once and offers a chance for our messaging to appear consistent and cohesive through its easy-to-use template creation system.
  • The free version offers more flexibility with sending limits than competitors.
  • Easy-to-use template and campaign creation interface.
  • Useful analytics to monitor how your campaigns were interacted with.
  • Pre-built templates are not particularly eye-catching.
  • Lacking in variety of pre-built template categories.
  • The drag-and-drop interface has some quirks that could be ironed out to save steps.
  • Great for communicators or marketers to reach individuals both in and out of their organization, with little learning curve required.
  • Perfect for beginners.
  • Perfect for marketers on a budget.
  • A great tool to use for transaction marketing campaigns.
  • Great for those who prefer numerous options and customization tools to both create and save templates.
  • Great for communicators who need to send newsletter campaigns.
December 04, 2018
In my organization this software is being used by my CRM department primarily. In some occasions my marketing department also uses its services. My CRM department uses it on weekly basis to send newsletters to HNI clients. By using this software they communicate with HNI clients for post sales documentation process also.
  • Setting up account on Mailjet is very easy and smooth.
  • It allows to add unlimited subscribers.
  • Response rate on campaigns sent by this software is very high.
  • They don't have any mobile application of it. This is the major drawback of this software.
  • Their support facility takes longer time to resolve issues. They should have instant chat option also for quick solutions.
  • Post campaign reporting functionality could be more diversified. It seems basic only.
It is very well suited for sending frequent newsletters and flyers. Its layouts are very relate-able for my products and services. The kind of preloaded templates I get on this software are very helpful for post sales communication of my products. My CRM team sends followup emails to our clients for post sales documentation.
November 28, 2018
In my organisation, the marketing department is using this software. I use this software as a part of the marketing team for finding prospects for my products through email campaigns.
  • Setting up account on this software is very easy. Also, it is easy to use.
  • Feature that allows third party application to send emails.
  • Customer support is one of the best in this industry.
  • Sometimes it lags a lot. Maybe it happens because of some bug.
  • Sometimes it blocks emails without giving a proper reason, and it becomes difficult to unblock them.
  • Less number of templates in its gallery.
This application is very much useful for generating quality leads in less time. Its accuracy ensures lead generation in less time. I recently used it for a campaign in European region and I created a beautiful template with the help of its template editor and I attached one enquiry form for lead collection. It was a successful campaign.
April 27, 2017
[It's used for] Sending newsletters to opt-in users for our clients.
  • Affordable
  • Deliverability
  • Responsive
  • Suited for mass e-mailing
  • Less suited for one to one e-mailing

Mailjet Scorecard Summary

WYSIWYG email editor (11)
Dynamic content (9)
5.5
A/B testing (6)
Mobile optimization (12)
Email deliverability reporting (13)
List management (13)
6.5
Dashboards (13)
Standard reports (13)

What is Mailjet?

Mailjet is an email solution designed for both marketers and developers. Mailjet allows them to create, send, and track marketing and transactional emails via a user interface or APIs.

EMAIL MARKETING
Mailjet’s user interface is available in 5 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian) and enables marketing teams to create, test, and send emails. Its drag & drop email builder helps users create responsive emails. The user management and content locking enables companies to better control their brand image and accounts.

EMAIL API
Mailjet’s infrastructure can send up to 15M emails/hour (per user) via their Email API, even during peak sending periods. The proprietary architecture of Mailjet is based on low-level optimized code and a distributed cache strategy, which allows it to achieve the rapid processing. Mailjet is ISO27001 certified and GDPR compliant.

CUSTOMER SUCCESS FOR ALL
Mailjet’s Support team can answer questions and resolve customer issues in English, French, German, and Spanish. Enterprise accounts benefit from a dedicated Customer Success Manager to assist in onboarding.

Mailjet Features

Has featureMJML

Mailjet Screenshots

Mailjet Videos (2)

Mailjet Integrations

WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, Cloud Elements, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Sugar Sell (SugarCRM), Sellsy, Wufoo, Shopify, SumoMe, Sendwithus, Magento Commerce Cloud (formerly Magento), Elastic.io, Podbox, OVH

Mailjet Competitors

Mailjet Pricing

Starting Price: $7.49

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
FreeFree
Basic9.65per month
Premium20.95per month
EnterpriseCustom Pricing

BASIC - All of Mailjet’s core features for a low price. PREMIUM - Advanced features to leverage email strategy.

Mailjet Support Options